Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 55

Thread: The difference in past and present BMW M philosophy illustrated on the drag strip - Stock X5M beats up on an E46 M3

              
   
  1. #26
    bigdnno98's Avatar
    bigdnno98 is offline Building a 10sec DSM
    Status: going slow
     
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Clarksville, TN
    Posts
    2,815
    Rep Points
    1,556.1
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    16


    Reputation: Yes | No
    That I've seen. An X5M though... Never seen that.

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by alex@ABRhouston Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Its called a tuned F250 diesel.
    09 e92 335i, 440HP/500TQ: SOLD
    03 EVO 8, 600HP/500TQ: SOLD
    13 Nissan Maxima: Slow
    99 Eclipse GSX: Startup Teaser http://youtu.be/hwBLSSlkKtY

    Click here to enlarge

  2. #27
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    452
    Rep Points
    485.6
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    5


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by benzy89 Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Stock turbos -- Same problem on the M157 AMG motor
    The m157 isnt that bad its more of a plateau than a top end drop. N54's fall off much harder uptop and n55's should come with a parachute.Click here to enlarge

  3. #28
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    452
    Rep Points
    485.6
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    5


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Its pick and choose with turbo cars .. Smaller twins will give you great spool a monster midrange but fall on the top end bigger twins will give u slow spool/lag but with a monster top end ... Thats why the best route is to get a big displacent V8 and throw a twin screw supercharger on it Click here to enlarge

  4. #29
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    292
    Rep Points
    66.2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Reputation: Yes | No
    X5Ms are faster than 85% of all E9x M3s in the quarter. You not being able to launch your car is your problem, not the person beating you in the next car.

  5. #30
    alex@ABRhouston's Avatar
    alex@ABRhouston is offline Supporting Vendor
    Status: neat things are coming!
     
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    North Houston
    Posts
    880
    Rep Points
    721.8
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    8


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ezec63 Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Its pick and choose with turbo cars .. Smaller twins will give you great spool a monster midrange but fall on the top end bigger twins will give u slow spool/lag but with a monster top end ... Thats why the best route is to get a big displacent V8 and throw a twin screw supercharger on it Click here to enlarge
    Or a big turbo with a quick spool valve Click here to enlarge
    Vargas Turbo Tech installation center, Houston Texas.
    http://www.facebook.com/BMWdoctor
    http://abrhouston.com
    The only thing we can't fix, are broken hearts Click here to enlarge

  6. #31
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,409
    Rep Points
    1,749.9
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    18


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by benzy89 Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So the S63 Tu is a watered down S63, but still better than a N63..... Kinda BS


    S63Tu > S63 > N63 (in order of "output")

    I am guessing you meant the S63 is a watered down S63Tu though.

  7. #32
    Sticky's Avatar
    Sticky is offline Regular User
    Status: BoostAddict.com Alpha testing
     

    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    94,522
    Rep Points
    22,001.9
    Mentioned
    1301 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    221


    Reputation: Yes | No

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by benzy89 Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So the S63 Tu is a watered down S63, but still better than a N63..... Kinda BS
    What do you mean? It's a better S63.
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Twinturbom3
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You look like a retarded teenager discovering internet.

  8. #33
    Sticky's Avatar
    Sticky is offline Regular User
    Status: BoostAddict.com Alpha testing
     

    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    94,522
    Rep Points
    22,001.9
    Mentioned
    1301 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    221


    Reputation: Yes | No

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SexiPYm3 Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    X5Ms are faster than 85% of all E9x M3s in the quarter. You not being able to launch your car is your problem, not the person beating you in the next car.
    They're not faster than 85% they're slower than 100%. If by quicker you mean the ET people need to know how to launch.

    If you can launch, a stock E92 M3 will win 100% of the time.
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Twinturbom3
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You look like a retarded teenager discovering internet.

  9. #34
    Sticky's Avatar
    Sticky is offline Regular User
    Status: BoostAddict.com Alpha testing
     

    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    94,522
    Rep Points
    22,001.9
    Mentioned
    1301 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    221


    Reputation: Yes | No

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by inlineS54B32 Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    S63Tu > S63 > N63 (in order of "output")

    I am guessing you meant the S63 is a watered down S63Tu though.
    The S63 came first.
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Twinturbom3
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You look like a retarded teenager discovering internet.

  10. #35
    benzy89's Avatar
    benzy89 is offline Member
    Status: SISU
     

    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    3,985
    Rep Points
    2,080.2
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    21


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by inlineS54B32 Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    S63Tu > S63 > N63 (in order of "output")

    I am guessing you meant the S63 is a watered down S63Tu though.
    That's what I meant, thanks
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    420 WHP on 93 Octane | 460 WHP on E85
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump


    "The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

  11. #36
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,409
    Rep Points
    1,749.9
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    18


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by benzy89 Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That's what I meant, thanks
    No problem... It makes me sad that my M3 would likely lose to this if I didn't get a good launch. Click here to enlarge

  12. #37
    benzy89's Avatar
    benzy89 is offline Member
    Status: SISU
     

    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    3,985
    Rep Points
    2,080.2
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    21


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by inlineS54B32 Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    No problem... It makes me sad that my M3 would likely lose to this if I didn't get a good launch. Click here to enlarge
    At least your M3 sounds good WOT --- And it's also a true, authentic M car. Not another BMW with a spiced up motor from the factory
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    420 WHP on 93 Octane | 460 WHP on E85
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump


    "The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

  13. #38
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,409
    Rep Points
    1,749.9
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    18


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The S63 came first.
    Yeah, I just meant that it was less than the other - it was implied opposite (but he meant otherwise)

    LOL - the above sentence makes no sense Click here to enlarge

  14. #39
    Sticky's Avatar
    Sticky is offline Regular User
    Status: BoostAddict.com Alpha testing
     

    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    94,522
    Rep Points
    22,001.9
    Mentioned
    1301 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    221


    Reputation: Yes | No

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by inlineS54B32 Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yeah, I just meant that it was less than the other - it was implied opposite (but he meant otherwise)

    LOL - the above sentence makes no sense Click here to enlarge
    No I get what you mean.
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Twinturbom3
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You look like a retarded teenager discovering internet.

  15. #40
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,409
    Rep Points
    1,749.9
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    18


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by benzy89 Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    At least your M3 sounds good WOT --- And it's also a true, authentic M car. Not another BMW with a spiced up motor from the factory
    This is true... And if the road has any corners, I would walk him in those... It is quite amazing when you think how much that thing weighs - and consider these were nearly "supercar" numbers a decade or so ago.

  16. #41
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    292
    Rep Points
    66.2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Reputation: Yes | No
    I reiterate.... X5Ms are faster than 85% of E9x M3s at the quarter in real world settings. I guess the paper stats would suggest different, but to someone who's at the track all the time... X5Ms are faster than 85% of E9x M3s. If they are faster due to the E9x M3 being harder to launch, oh well. They are still faster. When you line up to race, line up prepared to win or lose. Don't give any excuses once done. That launch idea is just an excuse. Some can launch their M3s and some can't. But thats neither here nor there, different discussion.

  17. #42
    Sticky's Avatar
    Sticky is offline Regular User
    Status: BoostAddict.com Alpha testing
     

    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    94,522
    Rep Points
    22,001.9
    Mentioned
    1301 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    221


    Reputation: Yes | No

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SexiPYm3 Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I reiterate.... X5Ms are faster than 85% of E9x M3s at the quarter in real world settings.
    What are real world settings? If you can drive, you will beat it. If you can't drive, you won't.

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SexiPYm3 Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    but to someone who's at the track all the time... X5Ms are faster than 85% of E9x M3s.
    Weird when I was at the track I put up quicker numbers with higher traps.

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SexiPYm3 Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Some can launch their M3s and some can't. But thats neither here nor there, different discussion.
    That's kind of the whole point. You have to drive the M3. The X5M anyone can launch.
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Twinturbom3
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You look like a retarded teenager discovering internet.

  18. #43
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    292
    Rep Points
    66.2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Reputation: Yes | No
    I don't get why you keep at this... The things I am saying can be backed up!!!! Let it go.

    Yea, the M3 is capable of being faster. YEs, everyone knows. But at the drag strip, most M3s can't launch, and that is why the X5M is faster majority of times. End of story.

  19. #44
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    292
    Rep Points
    66.2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    0 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    ""When you were at the track""!!!!? When in the world was this? I've only known your car to be in the shop... But you say you were, so cool. Lets see some proof. Maybe some footage to prove your time and also prove that you were stock? A time slip won't really prove you were stock now. I'm sure you have some proof. I have proof of my 12 second passes in a stock e46 m3 from years back and I also have proof of it once it was modded. You being such the car guy, I'm sure you have some too!

  20. #45
    Sticky's Avatar
    Sticky is offline Regular User
    Status: BoostAddict.com Alpha testing
     

    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    94,522
    Rep Points
    22,001.9
    Mentioned
    1301 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    221


    Reputation: Yes | No

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SexiPYm3 Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't get why you keep at this... The things I am saying can be backed up!!!! Let it go.

    Yea, the M3 is capable of being faster. YEs, everyone knows. But at the drag strip, most M3s can't launch, and that is why the X5M is faster majority of times. End of story.
    What I am saying can be backed up as well.

    Your scenario is based on an invented % and I'm providing an alternate scenario. Assuming they both launch at their best the M3 always wins not sure what point you're trying to make.

    The M5 isn't faster the majority of the time it's easier to launch, that's all. Anything once moving for example always favors the m3 100% of the time as it is the faster car.

    It isn't some stunning revelation to point out an automatic all wheel drive turbo vehicle is easy to launch.
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Twinturbom3
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You look like a retarded teenager discovering internet.

  21. #46
    Sticky's Avatar
    Sticky is offline Regular User
    Status: BoostAddict.com Alpha testing
     

    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    94,522
    Rep Points
    22,001.9
    Mentioned
    1301 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    221


    Reputation: Yes | No

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SexiPYm3 Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    ""When you were at the track""!!!!? When in the world was this? I've only known your car to be in the shop... But you say you were, so cool. Lets see some proof. Maybe some footage to prove your time and also prove that you were stock? A time slip won't really prove you were stock now. I'm sure you have some proof. I have proof of my 12 second passes in a stock e46 m3 from years back and I also have proof of it once it was modded. You being such the car guy, I'm sure you have some too!
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Twinturbom3
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You look like a retarded teenager discovering internet.

  22. #47
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    727
    Rep Points
    354.7
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    4


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Duh amigos it was a SMACK down for the E46 M3 although the launch was vague from the m3 the x5m killed it

  23. #48
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Louisville ky
    Posts
    502
    Rep Points
    390.7
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    4


    Reputation: Yes | No
    I'd still take he e46, and if I wanted the extra power I would use the money I saved to buy he max psi kit.

  24. #49
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    38
    Rep Points
    31.4
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Damn poor E46 ..

  25. #50
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Louisville ky
    Posts
    502
    Rep Points
    390.7
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    4


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by G0TB00ST? Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'd still take the e46, and if I wanted the extra power I would use the money I saved to buy the max psi kit.
    Fixed*

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •