Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Trying to decide what color to buy!!! Help needed!!

I am torn between a 2008 335i and a 2008 135i. The color might be a deal breaker for me. I wanted to see what your thoughts were as far as color choice.... which color looks the best and is the easiest to maintain.

I am in love with the Montego blue color but was not sure how badly it would show scratches and spider-webbing. Have any of you guys had experience with that color?

The other color I am considering is silver which obviously is easier to maintain, but it is less attractive than the Montego blue.

Let me know what you guys think!!

thanks guys

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2065 Post(s)

Silver is boring, honestly boring. Everyone has it, not exciting at all.

Yes, the blue will be harder to maintain. Yes, it will show scratches and swirl marks. However, when it is clean and well maintained it will be far more impressive than the silver.

It comes down to if you are willing to put in the time to detail. You have a great resource here to help keep it looking great.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Agree on the silver. A few of my friends are like this. All BMW's you typically see are Black, White, or Silver.. same with Mercs, same with Audi's.

This is why I roll Canyonrot Metallic; It's the farthest thing from the norm you could get (people at local meets ask me often if it's a factory color or not). That Montego Blue will be brilliant if you keep it clean and the swirls away.
    Click here to enlarge

'97 540i/6
    '97 528iA
    '95 525i - KIA 4/10/2008
    '87 535iS-A