Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

3 out of 3 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No

Why Powerchip sucks.... OE Tuning vs. Powerchip tune on Mercedes

So a couple weeks ago my buddy Matt decided to get his E63 retuned with OEtuning because he wasn't to impressed with his car and how the car would abruptly step in and kill the fun when he drove hard. So since he got married I thought it would be a nice wedding gift for him to have Jeremy at OE tuning see what he can do so he can stop complaining about his car. Well the results were surprising to all of us He previously had a Powerchip tune that ended up making less power then the stock settings which left us shocked. But we didn't care to stress it because the point was to work on fixing his other complaints and maybe massage more power out of the car. And Jeremy@oetuning did he gained about 30whp by the end of the tuning session. And my buddy drove the car and was instantly gratified.

So he decided to ask about getting a refund for his old tune. And when denied he made this post on MB world.

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Racer M
    I recently had a very unpleasant experience with the company Powerchip, and after several attempts to be diplomatic and solve the problem without resorting to making it public knowledge to no avail, I would like to make everyone aware of just how unprofessional and inept this company is. I had my E63 tuned by PC around 6 months ago, just after taking delivery of my car. I was told by Matt@PC that if I wasn't happy with the power gain I wouldn't have to pay. Feeling that this was a fair deal I agreed and dropped my car off to be tuned. He called me the next day to report that they had gained 20whp on the dyno which seemed like a decent gain to me. After taking delivery of the car, a few days later I received a call from Wayne Besanko. He wanted to know if he could receive payment from me for the tune ($1200) which I approved, and then after the transaction was complete he changed the subject to one of my other cars, my X5M which had been tuned by Gintani/OE Tuning. He suggested that the tune in my X5M was corrupt because it had been installed by a rogue agent tuner, who stole valuable equipment from PC and that I should bring my car in to PC immediately so they could fix the tune or else I could have a motor failure. I told him that my X5M was running great and that I was very happy with the tune (50whp gain from stock) and that I was not interested in being involved in his personal/business related drama. After asking around about this guy and finding out some pretty unsettling information I became skeptical about the tune in my E63 and took it to Gintani/OE Tuning to get a second opinion. When the ECU was removed from the fender it was noticed that 2 of 4 bolts that hold the ECU case to the car were missing, and that the ECU case itself had been pried open with visible damage to it. The ECU circuit board also had visible damage to it. We put the car on the dyno at Gintani and did a baseline with the PC tune and then runs with the car re-flashed to stock. My experience in life is that gut instincts are usually correct, and this was no different. The PC tune actually made LESS HP than stock (~7whp). After Gintani/OE Tuning put their tune on my car it made 30whp over the PC tune! Needless to say, I was NOT HAPPY with the PC tune, and the story gets even better...

I called PC 2 days ago and spoke to Matt, explained the situation and reminded him that he had promised me I didn't have to pay if I wasn't 100% satisfied with my tune. I politely asked for a refund, but after I told them that Gintani was where my car was on the dyno he said he would have to call me right back. Instead, I got another call from Wayne Besanko. I explained the situation again to him, and again he went on to badmouth Gintani/OE Tuning, its employees and anyone who supports them. I explained to him that I was not affiliated with them in any way, just a customer of theirs and an unhappy customer of his. He then suggested that the dyno results from Gintani were fabricated and that I had been lied to, and that there was no way possible that a PC tune could make less HP than the car did in stock form, or that Gintani could even reflash the car to stock form with their equipment. He denied my request for a refund, and then alluded that I was in cahoots with Gintani/OE Tuning. Seeing that the conversation with him was going nowhere I advised him that I did not wish to make this situation public knowledge, but if I didn't get my money back within 48 hours I was going to post it. Then he called me a "fanboy" (not sure what that means), I told him the conversation was over and I would be call AMEX to dispute the charge.

Never in my life have I ever dealt with someone so unprofessional, rude, and assuming. After reading some of the posts he has made on the internet, while representing his company, I can't even comprehend how Powechip can remain in business. It is clearly obvious that this man has a personal vendetta against Gintani/OE Tuning because someone who used to work for him left to work for them. I don't blame him... I can only imagine how Besanko treats his employees after the way he talked to me. I hope that anybody who is planning to tune their AMGs steers clear of Powerchip and avoids having a similar experience. Look at all the negative comments that come up if you just google this guy's name:

http://www.google.com/search?q=Wayne...ient=firefox-a

Also, in the defense of Gintani/OE Tuning, another W212 E63 was just there and received a tune that produced almost identical whp gains to my car: OE Tuning tuned my stock W212 E63 at Gintani!

Attached are my dyno sheet that includes the Powerchip tune, Stock re-flash, and Gintani/OE Tuning tune and a picture of my damaged ECU casing.

*******I AM IN NO WAY AFFILIATED WITH GINTANI/OE TUNING. THE PURPOSE OF THIS POST WAS TO TELL MY STORY AND MAKE PEOPLE AWARE OF MY EXPERIENCE WITH POWERCHIP AND WAYNE BESANKO*******

Click here to enlarge
    Needless to say this cause quite a stir and obviously Powerchip stepped in and replied with this:

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Powerchip
    Hey matt and Jon,

I will reply with my 2 cents and leave the thread to be interpreted how the readers see fit. I don't plan on responding again as I'm going to cover every aspect of our transaction.

First of all Jon Martin, every time I've met you, you were the nicest and quietest guy at the meets, it's weird that you are so vocal online. When you were running sharewin's 335i and my car it was hard to get a reaction out of you even in a near death situation, but if someone whispers the word powerchip you go on the attack. You said earlier "Yea well the whole point was for them to see the gain over stock it wasn't to make Powerchip "look bad" notice OE tuning didn't come on the board to blast them." On another forum I heard your email address is jon@oetuning, if you have a company email address and come on here to bash powerchip does that not constitute oe tuning coming on the board to blast us? It's all making sense to me now...even though at one time I considered you a friend when theres dollar signs involved people change their stance quick.

Now for the claims made in this thread, I'll recount chronologically what took place.

I first got a call from one of our dealers asking if we can tune the new W212 E63 for a good friend of his, I replied yes and we scheduled a time to come over to his shop to tune the car. The first time I saw the car was at the dyno, myself and the dyno operator were tracing the wires to see where the ecu is located on the car, it's under the passenger wheel well if you were wondering.

When I first met Matt he told me he was expecting somewhere in the neighborhood of 20whp or it wouldn't be worth the price. I tried to manage his expectations as we weren't sure what our gains would be, I said the W212 has a little more power than previous generations so the gains might be modest. He protested and I told him if we don't make adequate power, then no harm no foul, we will return the car to stock and he wont have to pay. He agreed to the terms and I tuned the car.

I did not personally remove or install the ecu, the shop manager and personal friend of Matt's removed and installed the ecu and I doubt he would forget to install anything himself or if I had forgotten something, I'm sure he would've caught it, not only is he one of the most professional guys in the business, he was also a groomsman at your wedding so that part of the story I'm skeptical on. I'm sure any one of the groomsman at my wedding wouldn't let someone shaft me, especially if they are the ones referring. Furthermore, if there is damage to your car or something missing, generally you go back to the place that did it and ask them/give them the chance to remedy the situation, that was not done and when another entity is messing around with your car and its parts we cannot be held responsible after the fact, who knows what they've done in the mean time? The board was not damaged when the ecu left our posession, I can say that with absolute certainty.
    Now half a year later when you don't even have our tune in your car for us to put you back to stock you want a refund...

Anyways, the dyno shops technician was busy at the time of completion of the job and I informed him that I can't wait around all day until he's ready to dyno the car, so I left with the intention of coming back when the dyno operator was ready. I got a phone call later that day from the dyno operator saying we made about 22whp and I said great, it didn't really matter that I wasn't there for it because the results on the first flash were perfect. The run conditions are available upon request and the dyno can be seen on Matt's other thread that praised our work back in March: BBI Autosport E63 AMG

The dyno is a third party, not affiliated with PC in any way nor the shop that referred Matt to us other than the fact that the speed shop and dyno shop are close in proximity. I was not present for the baseline or the post tune dyno runs, I was handed an ecu, tuned it and handed it back. I'd be more skeptical of dyno results coming out of a shop with an agenda against their direct competitor/rival vs. an independent dyno, common sense. I've also seen the tricks that tuner uses to make the gains look...augmented. Taking a stock file and dumbing it down so the baseline is shamefully low or "heartbreaking" and the tune looks like a miracle!

Also, according to this thread that you posted: 2010 E63 AMG - DO NOT BUY THIS CAR!!!

You are trying to get your car lemoned or bought back by the dealer because it doesn't do adequate enough burnouts. If you want to get rid of the car I'm sure you'd want to liquidate the extras you bought too, and obviously if you can get a product free why pay for it right? I understand why you are after a refund even though i don't agree with it in principle. If I bought a product and was offered a similar product for free later I'd think about how I could get my money back too.

I did receive a call from Matt and I found it difficult not to laugh at the situation, so 30 wheel horsepower over our tune that either means there was 50whp left on a car that makes ~520 horsepower from the factory...or the dyno operator who had no vested interest fudged the numbers, or the more likely scenario, a shop with an agenda did a tune for free and played with the tune/dyno to try to advance their smear campaign and get some free advertising at our expense (as usual). The nazi's were good at propaganda too lol. Feel free to call the dyno shop and inquire if you are interested in that man's integrity, the number is on the dyno sheet. He's a down to earth respectful guy that takes no BS named Mike and will be happy to answer your questions I'm sure.

The other thing that makes me laugh is the other car that they supposedly got a stock file from as a donor to Matt's car, Vic55's car, had a 30whp gain but his ending number is still almost 10whp less than the "baseline" for Matt's car on the very same dyno. And Matt's was dyno'd in hells heat! Even though Matts car was dyno'd on one of the hottest days of the year, it made more horsepower stock than the other oe tuned car did after a tune according to gintani and oe tuning: OE Tuning tuned my stock W212 E63 at Gintani!

Two stock brand new cars have over 40whp difference? Do you really expect anyone to believe that? I had to look at the dynos 100 times to make sure I was seeing this correctly, its ludicrous! 10whp certainly possible, but not likely, 20whp difference, I'd raise an eyebrow and want some justification, but a full 40whp difference on two of the same "stock" cars?? One car post OE/Gintani tune makes under 370whp, the other with a BS "not working tune" makes 9whp more baseline? then another 30whp on top of that? In hotter than hell weather? WOW if you believe that I'm sure you are going to cry when I type this next sentence. Santa Claus isn't real. The proof is right there infront of you, provided by the very same people that are out to ruin someone elses reputation. Congrats, the only thing this thread has proved is that one shop is very good at lying about results and cheating dyno graphs.

Matt, on shear principle I can't give you a refund, because I know the truth, but I will say this: If you are willing to go to a third party dyno, and dyno your OE/Gintani tune, then install our PC tune while the car is still strapped to the dyno and show me there is a 30+whp difference, not only will I give you your money back, I will pay you an equal amount in cash out of my own pocket, no strings attached. Does that sound fair? If you are confident you've been conned and are not conning me it shoould be a no brainer.

Also, thanks for giving our competitor our tune, I hope he makes a lot of money reselling our products

Yours Sincerely,

Matt @PC
    Now my response is this:

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Powerchip Click here to enlarge
    Hey matt and Jon,

I will reply with my 2 cents and leave the thread to be interpreted how the readers see fit. I don't plan on responding again as I'm going to cover every aspect of our transaction.

First of all Jon Martin, every time I've met you, you were the nicest and quietest guy at the meets, it's weird that you are so vocal online. When you were running sharewin's 335i and my car it was hard to get a reaction out of you even in a near death situation, but if someone whispers the word powerchip you go on the attack. :nix: You said earlier "Yea well the whole point was for them to see the gain over stock it wasn't to make Powerchip "look bad" notice OE tuning didn't come on the board to blast them." On another forum I heard your email address is jon@oetuning, if you have a company email address and come on here to bash powerchip does that not constitute oe tuning coming on the board to blast us? It's all making sense to me now...even though at one time I considered you a friend when theres dollar signs involved people change their stance quick.
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Jonmartin
    Matt please don't go there. This isn't about me or you or money. Weather or not I have a relationship with OE has nothing to do with this thread because :
    A. I didn't start the thread.
    B. Neither I or OE tuning put the customer up to it.
    C. I'm not advertising on this thread or forum so where are the dollar signs for me?
    D. Before I had a relationship with OE I was a Powerchip customer just like the OP before you even worked there or started tuning and your boss Wayne treated me like $#@! blasted me on the internet as a "fanboy" just because I became a Happy Gintani/OE customer. I know you know what I'm talking about don't get me started on that. And now he wants to do the same thing to the OP and he's not having it.
    Now for the claims made in this thread, I'll recount chronologically what took place.

I first got a call from one of our dealers asking if we can tune the new W212 E63 for a good friend of his, I replied yes and we scheduled a time to come over to his shop to tune the car. The first time I saw the car was at the dyno, myself and the dyno operator were tracing the wires to see where the ecu is located on the car, it's under the passenger wheel well if you were wondering.

When I first met Matt he told me he was expecting somewhere in the neighborhood of 20whp or it wouldn't be worth the price. I tried to manage his expectations as we weren't sure what our gains would be, I said the W212 has a little more power than previous generations so the gains might be modest. He protested and I told him if we don't make adequate power, then no harm no foul, we will return the car to stock and he wont have to pay. He agreed to the terms and I tuned the car.

I did not personally remove or install the ecu, the shop manager and personal friend of Matt's removed and installed the ecu and I doubt he would forget to install anything himself or if I had forgotten something, I'm sure he would've caught it, not only is he one of the most professional guys in the business, he was also a groomsman at your wedding so that part of the story I'm skeptical on. I'm sure any one of the groomsman at my wedding wouldn't let someone shaft me, especially if they are the ones referring. Furthermore, if there is damage to your car or something missing, generally you go back to the place that did it and ask them/give them the chance to remedy the situation, that was not done and when another entity is messing around with your car and its parts we cannot be held responsible after the fact, who knows what they've done in the mean time? The board was not damaged when the ecu left our posession, I can say that with absolute certainty.
    Now half a year later when you don't even have our tune in your car for us to put you back to stock you want a refund...
    Its funny your trying to point the finger at BBI when in fact he said on the phone that he didn't remove the ECU. But either way I was a groomsman just like Betim at Matts wedding so thanks for confirming that I am trustworthy and wouldn't want to make stories up to Matt like you're insinuating. Matt doesn't have an issue in trusting me so you can't really argue that. Bottomline the ECU is cracked in your possession and not BBI and I personally saw everything get removed from the car that way so don't try and blame OE for that because its convenient man up and accept responsibility I wasn't even going to tell Matt his ECU was damaged but I told him to release liability in the future. I suggest you drop that argument like a hot potato because luckily for you Matt isn't asking you for money for a new ECU.
    Anyways, the dyno shops technician was busy at the time of completion of the job and I informed him that I can't wait around all day until he's ready to dyno the car, so I left with the intention of coming back when the dyno operator was ready. I got a phone call later that day from the dyno operator saying we made about 22whp and I said great, it didn't really matter that I wasn't there for it because the results on the first flash were perfect. The run conditions are available upon request and the dyno can be seen on Matt's other thread that praised our work back in March: http://www.mbworld.org/forums/w212-a...t-e63-amg.html

The dyno is a third party, not affiliated with PC in any way nor the shop that referred Matt to us other than the fact that the speed shop and dyno shop are close in proximity. I was not present for the baseline or the post tune dyno runs, I was handed an ecu, tuned it and handed it back. I'd be more skeptical of dyno results coming out of a shop with an agenda against their direct competitor/rival vs. an independent dyno, common sense. I've also seen the tricks that tuner uses to make the gains look...augmented. Taking a stock file and dumbing it down so the baseline is shamefully low or "heartbreaking" and the tune looks like a miracle!
    No one cares if its was your dyno or a third party dyno the testing procedure was wrong the minute you unstrapped the car. I have to say this is funny so you weren't even present during the dyno session and we all know the car was moved on and off the dyno but yet your results are more valid then OE tuning? Is that really your angle dude? Lets get this clear. There was no "motive" for OE tuning to post you results they just shared their findings with the OP which is fair and thats it they didn't start a thread questioning your skills like Powerchip constantly does to other vendors.
    Also, according to this thread that you posted: http://www.mbworld.org/forums/w212-a...t-buy-car.html

You are trying to get your car lemoned or bought back by the dealer because it doesn't do adequate enough burnouts. If you want to get rid of the car I'm sure you'd want to liquidate the extras you bought too, and obviously if you can get a product free why pay for it right? I understand why you are after a refund even though i don't agree with it in principle. If I bought a product and was offered a similar product for free later I'd think about how I could get my money back too.

I did receive a call from Matt and I found it difficult not to laugh at the situation, so 30 wheel horsepower over our tune that either means there was 50whp left on a car that makes ~520 horsepower from the factory...or the dyno operator who had no vested interest fudged the numbers, or the more likely scenario, a shop with an agenda did a tune for free and played with the tune/dyno to try to advance their smear campaign and get some free advertising at our expense (as usual). The nazi's were good at propaganda too lol. Feel free to call the dyno shop and inquire if you are interested in that man's integrity, the number is on the dyno sheet. He's a down to earth respectful guy that takes no BS named Mike and will be happy to answer your questions I'm sure.
    This funny because you are still trying to say OE "fudged" the numbers but can't state how. Bottomline the whole thing is on video bud. I was present the entire time and there was no "fudging" going on I can guarantee that. None of us thought we would see more power with stock settings then with your tune its just how it happened we were all shocked. At least OE kept the car static on the dyno when they did all their runs. And no one is calling the dyno operator you used a liar but moving a car on and off the dyno does invalidate the results when tuning like that end of story you cannot argue that so those dyno results are completely useless.
    The other thing that makes me laugh is the other car that they supposedly got a stock file from as a donor to Matt's car, Vic55's car, had a 30whp gain but his ending number is still almost 10whp less than the "baseline" for Matt's car on the very same dyno. And Matt's was dyno'd in hells heat! Even though Matts car was dyno'd on one of the hottest days of the year, it made more horsepower stock than the other oe tuned car did after a tune according to gintani and oe tuning: http://www.mbworld.org/forums/w212-a...3-gintani.html
    Whats funny is you are chiming in on the topic and don't know the facts no one said anything about taking a stock file from Vics car and using it on Matts car Vics car didn't even get in OE tuning possession and tuned until two weeks AFTER Matts car. You obviously don't know how dyno's work bud so please don't put your 2 cents on the topic. I can actually operate the dyno maybe you should learn to use one someday and then maybe you can chime in on how you think they work.
    Two stock brand new cars have over 40whp difference? Do you really expect anyone to believe that? I had to look at the dynos 100 times to make sure I was seeing this correctly, its ludicrous! 10whp certainly possible, but not likely, 20whp difference, I'd raise an eyebrow and want some justification, but a full 40whp difference on two of the same "stock" cars?? One car post OE/Gintani tune makes under 370whp, the other with a BS "not working tune" makes 9whp more baseline? then another 30whp on top of that? In hotter than hell weather? WOW if you believe that I'm sure you are going to cry when I type this next sentence. Santa Claus isn't real. The proof is right there infront of you, provided by the very same people that are out to ruin someone elses reputation. Congrats, the only thing this thread has proved is that one shop is very good at lying about results and cheating dyno graphs.
    I really wont even respond to that.
    Matt, on shear principle I can't give you a refund, because I know the truth, but I will say this: If you are willing to go to a third party dyno, and dyno your OE/Gintani tune, then install our PC tune while the car is still strapped to the dyno and show me there is a 30+whp difference, not only will I give you your money back, I will pay you an equal amount in cash out of my own pocket, no strings attached. Does that sound fair? If you are confident you've been conned and are not conning me it should be a no brainer.

Also, thanks for giving our competitor our tune, I hope he makes a lot of money reselling our products Click here to enlarge
    Yours Sincerely,

Matt @PC
    Oh ya thats why there was 30HP gain on their two cars and you gained 22whp on a higher reading dyno that you weren't present to see. LOL child please.And how is all of a sudden you're willing to pay when Matt called and asked for his money the other day you could have just paid him then and the thread wouldn't ever have been started.

I replied in bold above.
    Last edited by JonMartin; 09-10-2010 at 04:06 PM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    This is going to get interesting but to make it more clear, would you edit the quotes to show who is saying the quoted text?

As in, [quote= name here ] [ / quote]
    Chrome Space Bar Issue: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...338#post738338

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Better now?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by JonMartin Click here to enlarge
    Better now?
    Much better, thank you. I wanted to make it more clear for those who may not be up to date on what has been going on.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I'm honestly glad that when I brought my car to PC, they were unable to read the ECU (they didn't have the tools at the time to read with the new software update that locked tuners out for a period of time). I might have had the unpleasurable experience of actually having a tune of theirs on my car. Sticky, I hope that they're not going to be at the shootout, and if they are, they can bring their own damn diesel, because their product isn't coming anywhere close to my car.

The email that Wayne sent me in an effort to dissuade me from even talking to Jeremy is slanderous in ridiculous terms. I kind of want to post it just to embarrass them more, and I'm not even a paying freaking customer, but I am someone with a little weight in the diesel community, so Wayne has dome himself no favors where that's concerned.

Wayne, you continue to make yourself look the fool. If you keep it up, I'm certain there will be lawsuits piling up, and I'll happily assist in evidence regarding emails you've sent me. I know you can read this, so please, refute what I'm saying, if you can. Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Just reading all that made my head hurt. Seeing what kind of person he is makes total sense why he butted in on my own thread on e90 to try to get someone with an N55 to come to their shop.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    wow PC is just getting shadier and shadier
    Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Hopefully the shootout will shed some much needed light on the capabilities of PC vs. OET

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Ronin Click here to enlarge
    Sticky, I hope that they're not going to be at the shootout, and if they are, they can bring their own damn diesel, because their product isn't coming anywhere close to my car.
    I think our time with Powerchip has come to a close after Wayne stalled in paying his invoice only to use that time and this board to attack paying vendors.

His desire was not to help the community or support it, only use it to advance his own agenda for as long as he could get away with it.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by MSpiredM3 Click here to enlarge
    Hopefully the shootout will shed some much needed light on the capabilities of PC vs. OET
    A lot can already be seen.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Not sure if any of you caught the post by Maverick1975 on MBW in the PC attack thread but it highlights again PCs history for simply attempting to clone others files and use them as their own. It was in relation to the ML63 he had tuned in Australia by PC, he said the car ran great until it just went into limp mode and wouldn't move. There is simply only way for that to happen, someone cloned and tried to write the wrong version of firmware to the ECU. Basically they got their hands on a quality file then copied it and tried to use it on the wrong vehicle. Maverick1975 had the ECU redone by a local tuner and is quite pleased, but also noted the file inside was via Techtec. Techtec would NEVER in a million years work with powerchip in fact they hate them much like many others do. That's how they've been "surviving" all these years, off others work. I can't count the number of nail in coffins regarding PC lately, the thing is it's been like this for years and years, people are simply starting to take notice--much like Evosport deleting posts and entire pages of posts from MBW.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Thanks JonMartin for posting your factual account of your and your friend's experience with PC.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    This is a great read. It sounds soooooo familiar some way some how. Hmmmmm.....

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

PC at it again! love how they BS so much!

OE/Gintani rule!
    Click here to enlarge

EURO 04 M3 Current Mods:GC DAs, Eibach Sways, PF RTAB's, RE RCAs, INTRAVEE II, Black Roundels, ///MFEST Badges, Depo's, Screen protector for NAV display, VCSL Bumper + Race Lip & CF Trunk & CF Rear Diffusor, DIETZ TV in Motion, SS= V1 Headers + catless pipes + X-Pipe + SS Sport Exhaust, Z8 Starter Button, Lamin-X, OEM CSL interior, OEM CSL Steering, OEM CSL Intake, OEM CSL Roof, MSS54HP + OEM CSL Tune, BBS CH's, LIGHTWERKZ, 355mm ST40 BBK, BW Oil Cooler....

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    There was another recent scam post by PC involving one of their aussie dealer's. They claim to have made 447rwhp with a tune only on a C63 on their in-house dyno, miraculously just a week or so after PC was called out for having 63 tunes that make stock or less power than stock--before those posts were deleted by The Brad. The thread was titled "Freak visits XX" or something along those lines. PC for the loss, ad nauseum...

Let's call a spade a spade and flat out state that if you're 3 (almost 4) years into a vehicle's model run and you still don't have a legit DAMOS file, one or all of the following apply:

The tuning world (Europe) hates you because you clone others files and resell them as your own (even when it's the wrong firmware version causing your customers cars to go into an undrivable limp mode)

You suck at what you do so badly that no one with a clue will even bother wasting their time

You should've given up 2 3/4 years ago

Your business is knocking on death's door

I'm going to go with all...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by MHP LLC Click here to enlarge
    miraculously just a week or so after PC was called out for having 63 tunes that make stock or less power than stock--before those posts were deleted by The Brad.
    The posts were deleted? Who posted them? I would like to know the details on this.

I'm not saying PC lost power or anything like that but I don't believe in protecting vendors from their own results. The results are what they are, the users deserve to see them. I can't believe this $#@!...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    The posts were deleted? Who posted them? I would like to know the details on this.

I'm not saying PC lost power or anything like that but I don't believe in protecting vendors from their own results. The results are what they are, the users deserve to see them. I can't believe this $#@!...
    Bad PC dyno results have been deleted multiple times, both presently (while thread was active) and when the thread was buried dozens of pages back. I can give you the names/emails of the members via email or PM but not publicly for the obvious reason they don't want to be banned...yet. Click here to enlarge

PM otw.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    what bull$#@!.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    guys clearly PC has dug them selves a hole for what ever reasons that i dont even really know about but on this individual incident they are NOT wrong, there is no way in the world someone can get there car tuned drive around for 6 months, get new numbers from a different tuner and then expect there money back for a service that was already provided!! I dont know the details of the things that went on here but i find it hard to believe that on a NA motor that there should be a loss in power over stock because the factory parameters on any car keys in on fuel economy, smooth running, and longevity for the motor. So when a professional tuner goes in there to make power "safely" there are certain parameters that are followed in an effort to do so. With that being said following those principles i find it hard to believe that they would lose power and still release the car like that with there work especially because when they know the owner could have had his own baseline. Something else that i have noticed over the years is that when one tuner gets another tuners work they always try and discredit it for some reason....

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by MSIZZLE Click here to enlarge
    guys clearly PC has dug them selves a hole for what ever reasons that i dont even really know about but on this individual incident they are NOT wrong, there is no way in the world someone can get there car tuned drive around for 6 months, get new numbers from a different tuner and then expect there money back for a service that was already provided!! I dont know the details of the things that went on here but i find it hard to believe that on a NA motor that there should be a loss in power over stock because the factory parameters on any car keys in on fuel economy, smooth running, and longevity for the motor. So when a professional tuner goes in there to make power "safely" there are certain parameters that are followed in an effort to do so. With that being said following those principles i find it hard to believe that they would lose power and still release the car like that with there work especially because when they know the owner could have had his own baseline. Something else that i have noticed over the years is that when one tuner gets another tuners work they always try and discredit it for some reason....
    I would agree with you on trying to get money back after 6 months does not exactly make sense. That is, unless they did not realize they did not get what they paid for.

I think the issue here though isn't a tuner trying to show power loss but it was a customer, correct?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by MSIZZLE Click here to enlarge
    Ya but the difference is the first tuner didn't do the baseline and tune at the same dyno session they left the dyno shop and came back after the tune was done somewhere else. This was stated in the OP. That and after the the owner drove the car for a while after the tune and his initial post he started to complain alot about the car thinking it was a Mercedes thing which ended up being a Powerchip thing. Cause now he doesn't complain...

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    I would agree with you on trying to get money back after 6 months does not exactly make sense. That is, unless they did not realize they did not get what they paid for.

I think the issue here though isn't a tuner trying to show power loss but it was a customer, correct?
    Amen.
    Kees on M5 Board is my bitch....

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Hello guys,

I'm also another happy customer from OE Tuning. I'm actually an active member on MBWorld and recently heard about all the commotion and wanted to comment on Jeremy and an issue that a guy I know had with PC with his car going into limp mode. I recently got a tune from OE about the same time that PC was doing a group buy. The reason I wanted to go with OE is I heard good stuff about Jeremy and mostly because I wanted to dyno to car (wish I never did with that heart break dyno haha). The guy that I said I know is from the MBWorld and I met him from the C class meets. He posted a thread that PC is doing a group buy for cheap. He kept pushing people and insisting them to get a tune. Later I found out he needs to get 10 people and he get's a free tune. That free tune bit him in the ass. He told me when he "drives spirited" his car gets into limp mode and that he has been waiting for a week because the main tuner is not there and if I have been getting the same symptoms.

Jeremy was able to make 22whp and 33wtq just off a tune. Hearing all the problems about PC really makes me glad I went with Jeremy.

IMO PC is very strong with politics and OE is strong with tunes.
    I think slowly the truth is coming out because I start to hear Jeremy being recommended more and more. You can be very good at fooling people that they gained power with their mail order tunes but at the end of the day if you can not provide proof...soon people are gonna come onto you.

Karo@MBWorld

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Awesome! Im glad your happy with the tune
    Click here to enlarge

EURO 04 M3 Current Mods:GC DAs, Eibach Sways, PF RTAB's, RE RCAs, INTRAVEE II, Black Roundels, ///MFEST Badges, Depo's, Screen protector for NAV display, VCSL Bumper + Race Lip & CF Trunk & CF Rear Diffusor, DIETZ TV in Motion, SS= V1 Headers + catless pipes + X-Pipe + SS Sport Exhaust, Z8 Starter Button, Lamin-X, OEM CSL interior, OEM CSL Steering, OEM CSL Intake, OEM CSL Roof, MSS54HP + OEM CSL Tune, BBS CH's, LIGHTWERKZ, 355mm ST40 BBK, BW Oil Cooler....

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Good to know Karo. Thanks for posting.
    Kees on M5 Board is my bitch....

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    quality work will always prove itself in the end

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast