Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

Weistec 3.0 for M113K : What about the intercooling ?

Weistec SC use a Water to air intercooler If I'm not mistaking. So when a M113K engine is upgraded with a Weistec Unit, Does the New Intercooler (I mean the one integrated into the Weistec S/C) use the Stock M113K Heat Exchanger and Pump ?

According to a Build thread from a Guy in Bahrein, the answer seems to be Yes.

If so,knowing the very bad reputation of the stock M113K intercooling system, is it possible to combine the usual M113K intercooling mods (Secondary HE, better pump wired to flow constatly,BMW reservoir, split cooling circuit...) with the Weistec Supercharger ?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2084 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    @Weistec

Did you take a look at this @dcmetro? http://www.benzboost.com/content.php...-55-AMG-models

It shows all the components including a water/air intercooler but I don't see anything on the heat exchanger and pump.

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Yeah Yeah I checked the list of components... That's why I made the thread.

I can't believe Weistec want to connect their own intercooler to the crappy stock intercooling circuit (Wich shares it's fluid with the engine cooling system)

It's even more curious since Weistec has perfectly understood Intercooling issues on FI MB engines : They are the only tuner offering a real intercooling upgrade for the M157 engines (Split circuit + Bigger HE)

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2084 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Let's see what @Weistec has to say

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    176 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    @dcmetro, there is a few reasons for this. The main reason is that our goal was to manufacture a part that was competitively priced. As an example, you can price out a set of injectors, fuel rails, lower crank pulley, tuning, filters, larger throttle body inlet, and not even touch the cooling system on a stock M113K supercharger system and you will be spending pretty close to the amount of a completely new and more efficient 3.0L twin screw system that does what these parts do, just much better.

Our intent was to create a market that allowed customers to keep some existing parts that they run such as a larger heat exchanger, better intercooler pump, etc., and simply bolt on our system. Unfortunately this has not exactly been the case and it seems like customers want a complete package without the "DIY" factor.

It is very difficult for us to hit such a large target audience with this package. In detail, some customers have a completely stock E55, and some are fully modified. Some cars have 30,000 miles, some have 130,000 miles. We try to tailor this package as much as possible and in the same token keep it affordable but you can see how difficult this can get. We appreciate you raising this question and we hope this helps. Thank you.

Weistec Engineering
    Click here to enlarge
    Home of the World's Fastest Mercedes

CONNECT WITH US
    www.Weistec.com
    Sales@Weistec.com

Instagram
    Facebook

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    It completely helps... the question was more technical oriented than marketing, but your answer explains clearly your goal with that product.Click here to enlarge