Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    320 Post(s)

Shop car - Little Tire advice. R888's Vs Hankook RS3's

Ok so getting the shop car set up and am to my tire decision. This is for the rear. I am doing Hankook V-12 Evos in the front. Price is about $100 less for the R888's and they are 295 in the rear which I am told will fit with the proper wheel. I am going Forgestar F14's, the RS3's are 275's and have more tread wear and I am told better in the rain, which we do get here in Nor Cal but not that much. Anyone run either of these? Any advice if the 295 will indeed fit, I know they Dzenno ran them, they rub over bumps (dont care). When it comes to things like this, I always like to ask advice before making a purchase. Thanks in advance.

Edit: My guy at Forgestar just told me no way the 295's will not fit with the 19x10 wheel I am getting. So I guess that ends that. RS3's it is. I will be getting a set of 17's to run drag radials on as well.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    626 Post(s)

How about 17" K1s all around with 245/45/17 Nitto 555Rs out back and cheap light weight general tires up front? Click here to enlarge
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    320 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    How about 17" K1s all around with 245/45/17 Nitto 555Rs out back and cheap light weight general tires up front? Click here to enlarge
    My edit was little too slow for you to see...Click here to enlarge Hey you want me to send these guys back to you? I got them sitting right here. I can get them out anytime. Let me know.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    626 Post(s)

I was going to grab them when we do the Stage3s. No hurry as I have no track plans anyway. But if they are taking up space you can shoot them back at any time. Unless, you plan to throw the Stage3s on your car and take a stab at Shiv's record in the near future. Click here to enlarge

Anyway on the K1s they are great daily driver rims all around. I love them. I think we've bought around 18 K1 rims over the years lol. 3 cars all around and 2-3 extra sets for slicks and drag radials.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    320 Post(s)

I was going to grab them when we do the Stage3s. No hurry as I have no track plans anyway. But if they are taking up space you can shoot them back at any time. Unless, you plan to throw the Stage3s on your car and take a stab at Shiv's record in the near future. Click here to enlarge

Anyway on the K1s they are great daily driver rims all around. I love them. I think we've bought around 18 K1 rims over the years lol. 3 cars all around and 2-3 extra sets for slicks and drag radials.
    I wish I could, everything is out being reproduced so I actually have no kit to install..Click here to enlarge I will just send them when I send you your kit. They aren't in the way.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
    I wish I could, everything is out being reproduced so I actually have no kit to install..Click here to enlarge I will just send them when I send you your kit. They aren't in the way.
    Can you post up a general update with pictures of your new shop car? Click here to enlarge
    2010 e92 M3 Jet Black | DCT | ESS Tuned | Akrapovic Slip-on | Challenge X-pipe | AFE Intake | 18" Volk TE37SL | KW V3 Coilovers | RPI Scoops | Under Drive Pulley

2007 e92 Mont. Blue 335i | 6MT | COBB Tuned | Quaife 3.46 LSD | Helix FMIC | AA DPs | HKS Exhaust | DCI | Stett CP w/ Forged DVs | KWv2 Coilovers | UUC Sway Bars & SSK | HPF Stg 2 Clutch | HFS-4 | M3 Suspension Bits | DEFIVfab Diff Lockdown Kit | Stoptech Trophy BBK

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    320 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by nafoo Click here to enlarge
    Can you post up a general update with pictures of your new shop car? Click here to enlarge
    I actually haven't taken any pictures of the car yet. As of right now, it is a dead stock 08 E90 335, Alpine white, with the saddle brown and black interior, 6MT.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
    I actually haven't taken any pictures of the car yet. As of right now, it is a dead stock 08 E90 335, Alpine white, with the saddle brown and black interior, 6MT.
    Nice, I'm jealous of the E90s because the front fenders are not plastic like the E92s and you can roll them. Great color combo.
    2010 e92 M3 Jet Black | DCT | ESS Tuned | Akrapovic Slip-on | Challenge X-pipe | AFE Intake | 18" Volk TE37SL | KW V3 Coilovers | RPI Scoops | Under Drive Pulley

2007 e92 Mont. Blue 335i | 6MT | COBB Tuned | Quaife 3.46 LSD | Helix FMIC | AA DPs | HKS Exhaust | DCI | Stett CP w/ Forged DVs | KWv2 Coilovers | UUC Sway Bars & SSK | HPF Stg 2 Clutch | HFS-4 | M3 Suspension Bits | DEFIVfab Diff Lockdown Kit | Stoptech Trophy BBK

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)

I'm running F14s 19x10 in the rear. I've had the Pilot Super Sport tires for about 22K. It fits just right, lowered with no gaps, a little tucked with no gaps. You could go with 285s but the tire will have a more square profile and will rub. If you want 295s, you probably need 10.5s or even 11s and modify the rear fenders.
    Click here to enlarge
    MOTIV750 / MHD+JB4 / ADV / SB REAR O2

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)

Do the Liberty walk M3 rear fenders and running a 17x14 -50 offset with some 325's
    2011 E90 M3 \ Melbourne Rot Metallic

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by lulz_m3 Click here to enlarge
    Do the Liberty walk M3 rear fenders and running a 17x14 -50 offset with some 325's
    LB said their kit only fits the M3. Would probably have to install M3 rear fenders and then their flares.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

LB said their kit only fits the M3. Would probably have to install M3 rear fenders and then their flares.
    if you were already going to the expense of installing the M3 fenders, you may as well go all out and do a step better than the LB kit.. just go massive custom, it's not even that expensive.
    boop

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Pardon my ignorance but who makes these K1s Terry is raving about? I like the F14s but they're a bit beyond my budget. TIA.
    2010 E90 335i xDrive
    JB4 G5 ISO | BMS DCI | BMS OCC | Alpina Flash | LED Angel Eyes | Matte Black Kidney Grills | growing list....

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Jaxon Click here to enlarge
    Pardon my ignorance but who makes these K1s Terry is raving about? I like the F14s but they're a bit beyond my budget. TIA.
    kosei k1 wheels. I've been eyeing them for a while My buddy sick335 has a pair w/ drag radials on for drag setup

http://www.tirerack.com/wheels/Wheel...5-580f0c042533

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Have you already paid for the forgestar's? If so what's the offset?
    You can make 295's fit, but the 295 R888 will run a lot wider than something like a nitto 295 so it will take some work.

You should just cut the lip off the rear fenders on your car since you'll be needing all the traction you can get, this way you have room for wider tires in the future.
    jb4+fbo+meth

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Marz Click here to enlarge
    kosei k1 wheels. I've been eyeing them for a while My buddy sick335 has a pair w/ drag radials on for drag setup

http://www.tirerack.com/wheels/Wheel...5-580f0c042533
    Thanks!
    2010 E90 335i xDrive
    JB4 G5 ISO | BMS DCI | BMS OCC | Alpina Flash | LED Angel Eyes | Matte Black Kidney Grills | growing list....

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

I have a feeling it looks a lot like this one.....

http://s4.photobucket.com/user/rynml...?sort=3&page=1

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

275+ width tires on a 335i = meaty. I run 18x10's with 285s with an ET43 and im also lowered on the eibach pro kit. I don't rub at all.
    2008 e92 335i: JB4 G5 ISO/BMS back end flash, fbo, e85, inlets, Rb turbos, level 10 valve body + converter, water/methanol.....and a lot more....

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Stucks Click here to enlarge
    275+ width tires on a 335i = meaty. I run 18x10's with 285s with an ET43 and im also lowered on the eibach pro kit. I don't rub at all.
    Nice. I can't find any DRs in 285x17. I wonder if I could fit 295s on my E92. Would that be too much tire bulge for 17x9.5s? American muscle forums say it will be Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Nice. I can't find any DRs in 285x17. I wonder if I could fit 295s on my E92. Would that be too much tire bulge for 17x9.5s? American muscle forums say it will be Click here to enlarge
    yes it would be too much I think
    2008 e92 335i: JB4 G5 ISO/BMS back end flash, fbo, e85, inlets, Rb turbos, level 10 valve body + converter, water/methanol.....and a lot more....

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

I run 275/30/19 on the rear on my e90 lci and had to roll the fenders a bit for when passengers are in the car. Granted i'm lowered on KWv1's.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Flinchy Click here to enlarge
    if you were already going to the expense of installing the M3 fenders, you may as well go all out and do a step better than the LB kit.. just go massive custom, it's not even that expensive.
    What are you talking about? Its real expensive, i got quoted $10,000 for custom flared rear fenders and paint!
    Click here to enlarge
    ESS 6XX kit

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Michelin Pilot super sports! Far better tread life than the R888's and grippy as $#@!.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2053 Post(s)

Moved to wheels/tires.
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bobS Click here to enlarge
    What are you talking about? Its real expensive, i got quoted $10,000 for custom flared rear fenders and paint!
    You might want to shop around. That sounds expensive to me.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast