Close

Thread: Clash of Clans

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)

Clash of Clans

Anyone else play this?

I've been playing since April and have spent about $700 on this stupid game. It's so freaking addicting...
    2010 e92 M3 Jet Black | DCT | ESS Tuned | Akrapovic Slip-on | Challenge X-pipe | AFE Intake | 18" Volk TE37SL | KW V3 Coilovers | RPI Scoops | Under Drive Pulley

2007 e92 Mont. Blue 335i | 6MT | COBB Tuned | Quaife 3.46 LSD | Helix FMIC | AA DPs | HKS Exhaust | DCI | Stett CP w/ Forged DVs | KWv2 Coilovers | UUC Sway Bars & SSK | HPF Stg 2 Clutch | HFS-4 | M3 Suspension Bits | DEFIVfab Diff Lockdown Kit | Stoptech Trophy BBK

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2055 Post(s)

Never even heard of it, what is it?
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

It's an iPhone game. My buddy plays it and is obsessed with it. On it all the time doing his thing. Lol.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2055 Post(s)

Well what's it about?

Sounds like something I shouldn't get sucked into.
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)

You build up your base and you can upgrade all the buildings and troops by saving gold and elixir. You do this so you can attack other players and also defend against attacks. When you attack people you steal their gold and elixir and also gain trophies.

If you have an iPhone/iPad download it and give it a shot. :p
    2010 e92 M3 Jet Black | DCT | ESS Tuned | Akrapovic Slip-on | Challenge X-pipe | AFE Intake | 18" Volk TE37SL | KW V3 Coilovers | RPI Scoops | Under Drive Pulley

2007 e92 Mont. Blue 335i | 6MT | COBB Tuned | Quaife 3.46 LSD | Helix FMIC | AA DPs | HKS Exhaust | DCI | Stett CP w/ Forged DVs | KWv2 Coilovers | UUC Sway Bars & SSK | HPF Stg 2 Clutch | HFS-4 | M3 Suspension Bits | DEFIVfab Diff Lockdown Kit | Stoptech Trophy BBK

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)

Sounds more like that game is stealing all your gold.
    Damn man, $700 on a phone game, and still playing?
    What will wake you up?Click here to enlargeClick here to enlarge
    There are two theories to arguing with women. Neither one works

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Never heard of it myself, guessing it's a type of tower defense. But wow $700 sure is a lot of money. But if you enjoyed it it's money well spent. We should make mobile game thread. Or a gaming section in general. Put it in a OT subsection.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2055 Post(s)

No need for a subsection as there isn't enough sole gaming activity to justify it.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

WOW!! you actually pay money to play the game?? my bro plays it but doesnt spend a penny on it since you can get everything with time rather than using real money.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)

just a typical "pay to win" game.

Honestly this freemium business model is genius. I play it, but I may have spent $5 on it or so. I can imagine there are plenty of rich spoiled kids or adults who become easily addicted that dump thousands into this game.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by deadmn1337 Click here to enlarge
    WOW!! you actually pay money to play the game?? my bro plays it but doesnt spend a penny on it since you can get everything with time rather than using real money.
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by chrisisnapping Click here to enlarge
    just a typical "pay to win" game.

Honestly this freemium business model is genius. I play it, but I may have spent $5 on it or so. I can imagine there are plenty of rich spoiled kids or adults who become easily addicted that dump thousands into this game.
    I spent the money to catch up to some friends who started playing a few months before me so I could get in the same clan :p

It's been very tempting to spend more to speed things up, but I just remind myself of the different car parts I can buy if I don't waste it on this game now :p

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2055 Post(s)

I started playing Magic the Gathering online recently. I'm having fun buying cards other people can't afford.