09-05-2010, 01:05 AM #1
***** Famoso Raceway - Private Track Rental - 12/04/2010 *****
Ladies and gentlemen,
It is this time of year again.... I have reserved Famoso Raceway (1/4 mile drag strip) on November 20th for our exclusive use. We will have both lanes available to us as well as full use of the entire facility including the barbecue grills I am announcing the event earlier than usual this time to give enough time to people who are currently working on their car(s) or have on-going projects to wrap up their projects and bring their cars to the track for live testing and maybe even fine tuning.
In the past, every time I organized one of these events I ended-up loosing $300 to $600 out of pocket, which was okay until last year.... last time I ended-up paying $2400 out of pocket mostly in last minute cancellations. Lesson learned, so this time we're doing it by the book
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY
- Price per car is $250 payable through PayPal. You must select "Personal" when transferring the money.... otherwise, the cost is $260 per car.
- All payments must be submitted on or before November 14th.... Sorry NO EXCEPTIONS.
- There will be NO PAYMENTS ACCEPTED AT THE TRACK for racing. The only payment collected at the track will be spectator fee. Sorry NO EXCEPTIONS.
- Spectator fee is $10 per person and will be collected at the gates upon admission by track officials.
- To cancel your spot and receive full refund, you must cancel (at least) 5 days before the event date. Otherwise, no refund will be issued.
- Send payment to the following PayPal account:
- With each payment, please include the following information:
- Full name (as it appears on your driver's license)
- Make/Model/Color of the car you will be using.
- Telephone number & E-mail Address (in case of last minute updates)
In November, Famoso usually sees very good DA: -200 ft to +600 ft (I know it's not as good as east coast tracks, but it is very decent for California). In a private rental, the track is usually well prepped and each of us will be able to get as many runs as we can/want with almost NO WAITING time at all. This would be a good opportunity to practice/perfect launches, shift times, try out different mods, fine tune each car, and most importantly hang out with a great group of car enthusiasts who share the same passion.
There will be at least THREE TUNERS at the event. So whoever wants to fine tune their vehicle under real-world driving conditions, this will be your chance. Custom dyno tuning is great but you just can't beat custom track tuning especially on a good day :-D
Auto Club Famoso Raceway
33559 Famoso Rd.
McFarland CA. 93250
Here are a few memories from our past events, enjoy....
Last edited by Exeenom; 09-05-2010 at 01:10 AM.
09-05-2010, 01:24 AM #2
Ok... I have to figure out how to get my car done in time for this.
09-05-2010, 01:26 AM #3
Regardless, I will be at this event no matter what providing updates from the track through twitter as well as photos, videos, and whatever else you guys want.
09-05-2010, 01:28 AM #4
Starting The List....
01) hooleyboy - SL55 - Stage 3 - Former Owner Of The Quickest/Fastest C55 in the country
02) rarfinancial - CLS63 - The Quickest/Fastest CLS63 in the country
03) juicee63 - vehicle x - The Quickest/Fastest 60' time Mercedes in the WORLD
04) MB_Forever - E63 P30 - Stock
05) URnext - SL55 - The Quickest/Fastest SL55 in the country
06) Blue_Monster - E55 - Stage 5+
07) bassn_07 - E55 - The Quickest/Fastest E55 in the country
08) sgtstanko - Jeep - SRT8 - The Quickest/Fastest Jeep in the country
09) BenzoBoi - E55 - Stage 5+ custom mods
10) sticky - E92 BMW M3 - bolt-ons - The Fastest (non Nos) E92 in the west coast
11) Terry335 - BMW 135 - bolt-ons - Tuner Of The Quickest/Fastest BMW 135/335 in the country
12) 220S - E63 - Stock
13) YoungMedic23 - 2008 Vortech Jeep Srt8 - The fastest (non NOS) stock block 6.1L Jeep SRT8 in the country
14) BlackE63AMG - Stage 1
09-05-2010, 01:33 AM #5
I'm no longer the fastest E92 on the west coast (I will be again soon though)
09-05-2010, 09:12 PM #6
By the way, can you post a link of the event on your main page? Or maybe at the top of a more busy section. This will be a big event and I would like to give everybody a chance to see it.
09-05-2010, 09:17 PM #7
09-05-2010, 09:20 PM #8
09-05-2010, 10:54 PM #9
09-06-2010, 08:42 AM #10
I would love to come to this event, perhaps I can organize some business around this time just to see some of the guys and tuners. I would not have my car though would love to run some of the west coast guys.
09-07-2010, 07:35 PM #11
09-07-2010, 07:40 PM #12
09-08-2010, 01:05 AM #13
I've just found the reason to seriously start making things happen with my car. I'll get raped left, right, and sideways with the cars that will show up (I've seen previous videos), but I bet I'm the only 335d there!
09-08-2010, 01:32 AM #14
09-08-2010, 11:00 AM #15
09-08-2010, 12:25 PM #16
09-09-2010, 01:29 AM #17
09-09-2010, 01:31 AM #18
09-09-2010, 07:14 PM #19
09-13-2010, 04:39 PM #20
[.......] 01) hooleyboy - SL55 - Stage 3 - Former Owner Of The Quickest/Fastest C55 in the country
[PAID] 02) rarfinancial - CLS63 - The Quickest/Fastest CLS63 in the country
[.......] 03) juicee63 - vehicle x - The Quickest/Fastest 60' time Mercedes in the WORLD
[PAID] 04) MB_Forever - E63 P30 - Stock
[.......] 05) URnext - SL55 - The Quickest/Fastest SL55 in the country
[.......] 06) Blue_Monster - E55 - Stage 5+
[.......] 07) bassn_07 - E55 - The Quickest/Fastest E55 in the country
[.......] 08) sgtstanko - Jeep - SRT8 - The Quickest/Fastest Jeep in the country
[.......] 09) BenzoBoi - E55 - Stage 5+ custom mods
[.......] 10) sticky - E92 BMW M3 - bolt-ons - The Fastest (non Nos) E92 in the west coast
[PAID] 11) NewC32AMG - C32 AMG - Stock
[.......] 12) Terry335 - BMW 135 - bolt-ons - Tuner Of The Quickest/Fastest BMW 135/335 in the country
[.......] 13) 220S - E63 - Stock
[.......] 14) YoungMedic23 - 2008 Vortech Jeep Srt8 - The fastest (non NOS) stock block 6.1L Jeep SRT8 in the country
[.......] 15) 96GTS - 2008 Charger SRT8
[.......] 16) RyneZ06 - C6 Z06 - Modded
[.......] 17) RyneZ06_Guest - C6 Z06
09-13-2010, 04:50 PM #21
went to the one of these...was funny i almost went into the wall with my e92 SC'd...car snapped when i shifted into 2nd and was headed straight for the wall...scared the hell out of me..luckily i saved it...but almost ended up at the other wall! lol
maybe i should roll with my gt3!!! would definitely want my Europipe back on before I go!!!!Current:
14 Viper TA
Wsir - 1:28:9
Buttonwillow C13 - 1:54:1
09-13-2010, 05:58 PM #22
09-13-2010, 06:22 PM #23
add: a couple of my friends said they looked aways cause they thought my car was gone be done with...i was literally a foot away from the 1st wallCurrent:
14 Viper TA
Wsir - 1:28:9
Buttonwillow C13 - 1:54:1
09-17-2010, 04:56 PM #24
09-17-2010, 07:17 PM #25