Close

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2092 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Matt@Camber-Toe Click here to enlarge
    These greenies can go shove their organic $#@! soapbox up their asses along with their priuses and other bull$#@! hybrids.
    Click here to enlargeClick here to enlarge

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2092 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by MHP LLC Click here to enlarge
    Give credit to SEMA for being there but we need a group representing us that attacks the issues head on.
    Does the SCCA do nothing?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Does the SCCA do nothing?
    I honestly don't know how much pull they have in Washington, definitely not as much as the Green freaks and Automakers. Feel like lobbying Sticky? Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2092 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Feel like lobbying Sticky?
    Actually, kind of. I'll be much more effective in a couple years though.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    In Sweden there was atempts to ban aftermarket tuning "chipping" of cars, I beleive both SAAB and Volvo was lobbying for this. Though the goverment did throw the suggested law out the door after some tuning companies showed that they can lower emissions. One other thing that also was pointed out was that at least Volvo themselfs has been offering chips with new software for their turbo cars. So it is still legal, though as mentioned here, probably getting very hard...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2092 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by xbox_fan Click here to enlarge
    In Sweden there was atempts to ban aftermarket tuning "chipping" of cars, I beleive both SAAB and Volvo was lobbying for this. Though the goverment did throw the suggested law out the door after some tuning companies showed that they can lower emissions. One other thing that also was pointed out was that at least Volvo themselfs has been offering chips with new software for their turbo cars. So it is still legal, though as mentioned here, probably getting very hard...
    Interesting... yes, as long as tuners can show they can increase mpg and lower emissions, they can fight off the greenies.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Dont really want to confess like this but I did own a Prius for a year, funny thing is that in the winter (quite harsh here in Sweden), the Prius averaged at the same or worse than my flashed (otherwise stock) 335i E92. As Jeremy Clarksson said, -"How you drive is far more important than What you drive".

Though I must admitt summertime in the jammed city traffic the Prius used less than half of the beemer, though driving a 68hp car is something I hope never to have to experience again Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2092 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Why was it so much worse in the winter?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Interesting stuff..We'll race you anywhere anytime with a similarly equipped vehicle...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

Cool p31

im no tuner or mechanic but isnt a p31 tune around 355kws which is alot lower than most tuners are offering out there so why would any one want one and it is my understanding ( i hope its acurate) that a p31 car and tune has a lighter crank and new pistons out of a sls63 .this is not available in australia yet but we have been told of whats a option in the usa and most of the power gaisn would be from a lower recipocationg mass with some very small tweaks?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by kala baccha Click here to enlarge
    Interesting stuff..We'll race you anywhere anytime with a similarly equipped vehicle...

LOL.. uhh.. who are you, who are you speaking to, and what do you have? Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2092 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by malooamg Click here to enlarge
    im no tuner or mechanic but isnt a p31 tune around 355kws which is alot lower than most tuners are offering out there so why would any one want one
    Yes, it is much lower than what most tuners are offering.

Why would anyone want one? No one would unless they didn't know better.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2092 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    LOL.. uhh.. who are you, who are you speaking to, and what do you have? Click here to enlarge
    Spammer... who is now gone.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    ah, you should have let them talk a bit more..

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2092 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    ah, you should have let them talk a bit more..
    Responses are automated, they were never talking.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by malooamg Click here to enlarge
    im no tuner or mechanic but isnt a p31 tune around 355kws which is alot lower than most tuners are offering out there so why would any one want one and it is my understanding ( i hope its acurate) that a p31 car and tune has a lighter crank and new pistons out of a sls63 .this is not available in australia yet but we have been told of whats a option in the usa and most of the power gaisn would be from a lower recipocationg mass with some very small tweaks?
    After seeing 8 P31 files (yes we've done 8 of them so far Wayne, good luck reading your first one out maybe possibly could be sometime in the next few weeks) of the 8 P31 cars we've tuned, they are simply de-restricted (throttle body wise) 63 tunes. More on par with an S/SL class remap. No surprise. The aftermarket can do better, but ONLY when you're dealing with a tuner that can actually go above and beyond the factory mapping--meaning a REAL tuner. Companies like PC, whose C63 dynos that aren't performed in-house or at a dealer/distributor still can't get over 400rwhp (I've looked and looked for evidence to the contrary and simply cannot find it) are lowest on the totem pole so to speak.

So if it were me I'd save the $ vs going P31 and use it for a real tune, and a real LSD (Quaife is still around $300-400 cheaper than MBs in the U.S. including install, and a better diff) then end up with a few grand extra left in my pocket for other things.

Having a lighter rotating assembly is never a bad thing, however to date MB has yet to release part numbers for the internals for P31 cars. This makes me think 1 of 2 things. Either MB is BSing about the internals (because we all know the dyno numbers they put down stock are easily attained via software alone) or that they don't want the rest of the world to have access to them. The latter doesn't make much sense because who in their right mind would R&R one of these motors simply to put stock parts that are .5kg lighter back in vs going full aftermarket, stroking, adding compression, etc?

Even if the P31 internals were SLS internals, we still have 11.3:1 static C/R, that means no additional power will be made vs a standard bottom end. Remember all power is made in the top end the bottom end is there simply to hold that power it's a yes or no proposition. The only dyno on which gains from lower reciprocating mass, lighter wheels, etc show up are dyno jets because they are inertia based dynos. On an ebrake dyno or in the real world the motor may accelerate slightly quicker (we're splitting hairs over 500g) but no more HP or TQ due to the bottom end.

In the end regardless which crank, rods, pistons the P31 cars come with it's the software making the difference. That being said the factory software still isn't on par with what we and other legitimate tuners offer in the way of total output. No question it cuts into the huge margin of gains on a non P31 car but still not what we get.

So the notion of someone admitting they want to steal a factory tune to replicate it is hilarious on many levels. It tells me first that they can't (and the existing lack of supporting dyno and track data backs this) tune a regular C63 and that they need to see the P31 file to try to disseminate the differences so they can get their own software program on par with base level tuners. Very funny and sad at the same time.

Thanks

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Interesting... yes, as long as tuners can show they can increase mpg and lower emissions, they can fight off the greenies.
    The question is will U.S. tuners be given the same chance, with this administration, I highly doubt it. Even then, who gets to perform the work that will be tested?

Why was it so much worse in the winter?
    I would wager it was due to the nature of batteries in colder weather, they simpy don't last as long, hold a charge for as long, recharge as quickly, etc.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2092 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    The question is will U.S. tuners be given the same chance, with this administration, I highly doubt it. Even then, who gets to perform the work that will be tested?
    Well, it has not come down to that yet. I think they realize just how big the automotive aftermarket business is. Considering all the trouble the auto industry has been having, now is probably not the best time to stifle business.

If it came down a test like that, we would know all the details. Luckily, it hasn't Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    On the Prius sidenote, wintertime it couldn't shut down the petrol engine at red lights or in traffic jam since it needs to keep engine temps up for heating. But it doesn't explain the huge change in mileage alone...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Well, it has not come down to that yet. I think they realize just how big the automotive aftermarket business is. Considering all the trouble the auto industry has been having, now is probably not the best time to stifle business.

If it came down a test like that, we would know all the details. Luckily, it hasn't Click here to enlarge
    Not yet, and if it does I pray we have a chance to prove ourselves. This is by the wayside though with the new SE ECUs, won't matter with them. Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Something to share this with u guys. This is before I went with MHP. I said it's cheaper so I went with it and this is what I got. This is the Dyno of stock to powerchip tune

4th gear
    Click here to enlarge

5th gear
    Click here to enlarge

Look at the 5th gear pull it's limited They could not even take out the limiter on the car lmao.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2092 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Any runs of your MHP tune?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Yea but not from the same place where I did my baseline.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Twas a matter of time before Brad jumped in and started deleting posts in the MBW thread. Once again trying to rewrite history the Evosport way. Smooth... LOL.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

there is a whole page missing lmao. oohh did you see the graph i posted here i posted on mbw and now its goneeeeee lol i knew that was going to happen im just suprised that i dint get put on probation or get banned for posting that lol

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast