Close

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    But they can carry a gun? WTF.
    I can just speak for NYPD, the supervisors are the ones with tasers. I don't know about other police departments, different rules, different regulations etc.

I just posted a video of what would happen.
    Will that happen every single time? The way people reacts to tasers isn't always a 100% same scenario. Sometimes they die, sometimes it doesn't bring them down, etc. Again no idea if the cop had a taser on him, he used his best judgement and defended himself. He had every right to do so as the animal attacked him as he was trying to grab the leash to take control of the animal.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2089 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by sr20seb Click here to enlarge
    Nice job on twisting the events at how they played out. You know when I read your 1st post you made it sound like the dog was running through a field of daisies and the big bad cops came down with machine guns and put a bunch of bullet holes in him. Then they all high-five each other for good job.
    LOL close enough right?

The officer tries to grab the leash to get the dog under control, the dog attacks him, officer then opens fire. Yeah that actually happens if you watch with your eyes open.
    So you're saying having the gun pointed at the dog and opening fire after not grabbing the leash the first try means opening fire in broad daylight on a dog is justified? In no way could this situation have been resolved in a better manner where the dog would still be alive and there would be no outrage? Really? You sure?

He's not just only taping them, the music is blaring out of his car, and he's also talking to them, irritating them, trying for something to happen. Again he says "Why aren't there black cops here." Again you twist the actual events that actually happened to just make it seem like you're right. If you think you're right and that these events actually don't transpire on that same video you posted then you're just a delusional person. Mental sickness.
    Ah yes, the loud music defense. We all know the danger of black people and loud music right? Best way to make that stop is to arrest the guy and then shoot his dog. Totally makes sense to me. /sarcasm for people who don't get it.

He probably wished there were black cops there because he's black and we've seen what white cops have done to black people right? You're saying this is an odd statement from a black person? I think it's justified. Definitely more so than the cops actions afterwards.

I have no mental sickness someone who puts several rounds in a dog being a dog does.

So we both agree here, you know jack $#@! about police work.
    Yep, like I said I have yet to learn how to abuse power at the expense of others and look for any excuse to discharge my weapon because I'm protected by a little badge. How many years of graduate school does that take?

Now put yourself in the cops shoes, you're the cop and the dog is attacking you.
    I already suggested several different ways this could have been resolved where the cop does not need to shoot the dog. That should be a last resort option but oh let's draw the gun first before even trying the others. Your defense was, "cuffs are on tough break." Really? I never want to go to Police brain washing school I prefer to you know, think.

We already know the answer that you won't use your firearm to kill the dog and protect your kid. Explain to me what you will do in that scenario to keep your kid safe then.
    Your answer to this scenario is inventing an extreme scenario and using the "protect the children!" defense. Well done!

Maybe next we can go over these scenarios:

It wasn't about recording them again as you're twisting things, nothing mentioned out of the police department states that he was being arrested for recording the cops. Read the news tidbit, he was playing loud music in his car while they're responding to a burglary call. Makes sense to me not to play loud ass music and taunting cops, yes he was taunting them throughout that video. He didn't secure his dog properly, it wasn't necessary for him to be there doing what he was doing. The situation escalated and that's the end of it. The cop is clearly protecting himself as the animal is attacking him, again if you can't see that in the video, you're delusional.
    You and I both know they didn't like him recording them. They decided to escalate the situation. They could have just left him alone he was way out of the way. Instead, they talk about it and essentially take it upon themselves to try to assert their authority over them. I hate they have this power. They used a BS catch all law that he was interfering (how? the law says the interference has to be physical so gives a $#@! about the music or him recording anyway?) and wanted to hold him for as long as they legally could to simply inconvenience him.

If they did real police work and served the community as THEY ARE SUPPOSED TO the guy wouldn't be on the news, they wouldn't getting tons of hate mail, and the dog would still be alive. Simple as that.

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    What's interesting to me about the video is how not one of the 6 or 7 cops standing around the guy in hand cuffs noticed this Rottweiler about to jump out of the car window and run towards them. Aren't they trained to notice stuff like that? One of them should have been ready for that dog to come running up. There are other ways to stop a dog. How do people on the streets do it without guns? My friend's 10 year old brother got bit by a Rottweiler and he was able to stop the attack without deadly force.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2089 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by THATDONFC Click here to enlarge
    My friend's 10 year old brother got bit by a Rottweiler and he was able to stop the attack without deadly force.
    Impossible. The only way to protect yourself from a a dog attack is to put as many bullets as you can into the dog.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Impossible. The only way to protect yourself from a a dog attack is to put as many bullets as you can into the dog.
    Yep. Because cops are trained to empty their clip and be as ineffective with their bullets as possible. 4 shots to take down a 100lb dog? Really??

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I totally agree with @sr20seb

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

0 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    We call that fear,he shot the dog because he was scared like a little girl.
    Very dangeres to give that "cop" a gun.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

2 out of 3 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Dog owner's fault 100%
    He placed himself in a situation that nothing to do with him. He wanted a confrontation with the police and he got one. Had he secured his dog properly the dog would still be alive today. Everyone has the right to defend themselves. If that dog had come at me like that I would've pulled my gun and shot it also.
    Everyone involved in this situation should have done things differently. Why wasn't the perimeter secured? Why wasn't this loser at work instead of standing on a street corner baiting the cops into a fight?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Video speaks for itself. Why it was necessary to put multiple rounds into this dog or arrest the owner in the first place I have no clue:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WDBZr4ie2AE
    If anyone ever did this to my rottie you better pray I never see the light of day. Watching that makes me sick.

@ChrisN54 not everyone works a 9-5 dick head. He is an American citizen and has the right to be there.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Dick head? Nice.
    First off I have a Shepherd that I consider part of my family and if a random person ran up and shot him I'd feel the same way. However that isn't what happen here. That idiot put his dog in that situation and is responsible for getting his dog killed. If you can't see the difference then I don't know what to say.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I watched this again to see if, in my opinion sr20seb and others have a point. I do believe the entire situation could have been avoided. The dog owner could have done a better job securing his dog but the cops also could have told the dog owner to get in his vehicle as the scene was not really secure and if I were one of the officers, I would have viewed the guy and his dog as distracting. Both parties are culpable in this but ultimately, I hold the police officer to a higher standard than a private citizen. I certainly believe the cop WAY overreacted.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    I think of it like this. A guy with a black belt in karate w/e, vs 6 guys. Will they pull a gun cause his hits are deadly? or would 6 guys jump him. That's my point of view. Take it like a man, a rottweiler can kill you, but with 6 guys behind your back, cmon man. Poor dog doesn't know when a gun is pointed at him. It's his $#@!ing nature to protect his owner, he doesn't know better no matter how well a dog is trained.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    If you watch the scene in slow motion, the dog never attacks the cop until the cop approaches him. The owner was yelling at the dog to stay/sit and you can see the dog looking at the owner and obeying. Hell, at one point the dog was sniffing poop on the ground.

Each time the dog lunged out was when the cop was approaching him and reaching towards the dog with his gun drawn.

In my experience, whenever I have a gun in my hand, my dogs get scared. I've never shot the thing near them, but for some reason, they know that this black object in my hand isn't something to $#@! with.

I still think the dude is a dumbass and doesn't deserve to have a dog, but it's still $#@!ed up to shoot a dog like that.
    2010 e92 M3 Jet Black | DCT | ESS Tuned | Akrapovic Slip-on | Challenge X-pipe | AFE Intake | 18" Volk TE37SL | KW V3 Coilovers | RPI Scoops | Under Drive Pulley

2007 e92 Mont. Blue 335i | 6MT | COBB Tuned | Quaife 3.46 LSD | Helix FMIC | AA DPs | HKS Exhaust | DCI | Stett CP w/ Forged DVs | KWv2 Coilovers | UUC Sway Bars & SSK | HPF Stg 2 Clutch | HFS-4 | M3 Suspension Bits | DEFIVfab Diff Lockdown Kit | Stoptech Trophy BBK

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by nafoo Click here to enlarge
    I still think the dude is a dumbass and doesn't deserve to have a dog, but it's still $#@!ed up to shoot a dog like that.
    +1. Dude shouldn't have put himself in a situation like that. On the flip side, i think shooting the dog was a major over-reaction.

The real victim here is the dog.
    -'09 135i MT - Custom 6466 ST - 680whp Click here to enlarge
    -'08 135i AT - 6466 ST - dead
    -'97 318is - Daily
    -'82 320i

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Man, I can watch videos of people getting blown up, shot, maimed, decapitated, but I can't watch a video of a dog getting killed. Tragic as the dog was an innocent victim, the guy should have not taunted or yelled at the cops. Free speech and all, you gotta learn that for every action there will be a reaction. In this case he didn't think the cops would do that to him and his dog.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

3 out of 3 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    worst thing is that $#@! cop is hiding behind his badge. be nice to find him OUT of uniform if that was my dog. poor dog I wouldn't feel bad if the guy or cop got shot instead of the dog Click here to enlarge
    2008 E92 335i- HP: 423 TRQ: 453 - Sold
    Vishnu- Pocede
    Active Autowerke - Intercooler
    Active Autowerke - Charge pipe/BOV
    Active Autowerke - 3" Downpipes
    Active Autowerke - Signature Exhaust
    BMS -DCI

2014 F30 335i M Sport
    BMS- JB4 (EWG/E85/OBDII Canbus)
    BMS- Intake

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    That was a nice dog if you ask me. He was just trying to defend his owner, as all dogs should. To be honest, it looked like the dog was very scared of the dogs. If I was the dog and the cop tried to grab me, I would probably try to bite him too. Those $#@!ing dumbass cops should not have put bullets into that poor thing. I hate to see this happening. Cops think they can do anything nowadays, they see everyone that's not a cop almost as a threat. There is no more "To Protect and Serve" - this statement has gone dog$#@! long ago.
    John 3:16

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

this is absolutely offensive. i had a lab/chow mix and i now have a pit mix...both the sweetest dogs around but both on the "aggressive breed" list...and if i were ever in danger you can believe either one would jump in to protect me. cops are nothing more than over aggressive a$$hats with a government issued costume and a gun. they're not ALL bad, but guys like this give them all a bad name. i know the law where i live, i know my rights, i always have my phone camera on standby to record ANY incident with the law, and i carry a usp compact 0.40. i refuse to be bullied by people that have no right to the authority they have been unilaterally given. cop or not, you are not above the law. had this been a citizen shooting another citizen's dog they would have been immediately arrested for discharging a firearm and, at the very least, destruction of property. they would be prosecuted and there would be consequences. the same should be - but probably won't be - true for this terrible excuse of a law enforcement officer. "you mean i get a gun, get to be in charge whenever i want, and pretty much get to legally murder people and destroy things?! SIGN ME UP" said every dbag cop ever. the thought that this man's tax dollars paid for the round that killed his dog is sickening. had this been me...they'd be carting me and the dog off in bags...
    COME AT ME BRO

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2089 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ChrisN54 Click here to enlarge
    Dog owner's fault 100%
    He placed himself in a situation that nothing to do with him. He wanted a confrontation with the police and he got one. Had he secured his dog properly the dog would still be alive today. Everyone has the right to defend themselves. If that dog had come at me like that I would've pulled my gun and shot it also.
    Everyone involved in this situation should have done things differently. Why wasn't the perimeter secured? Why wasn't this loser at work instead of standing on a street corner baiting the cops into a fight?
    Had the police not illegally detained him the dog wouldn't feel the need to protect its owner. Whatever way you want to spin it only one side put bullets into the dog. Only one side pulled the trigger.

The 'loser' had a pre-existing relationship with the police. They recognized him and well you see where it went from there.

Punks.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2089 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by eric84405 Click here to enlarge
    I hold the police officer to a higher standard than a private citizen. I certainly believe the cop WAY overreacted.
    I thought they were supposed be trained to protect and serve?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2089 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by nafoo Click here to enlarge
    If you watch the scene in slow motion, the dog never attacks the cop until the cop approaches him. The owner was yelling at the dog to stay/sit and you can see the dog looking at the owner and obeying. Hell, at one point the dog was sniffing poop on the ground.

Each time the dog lunged out was when the cop was approaching him and reaching towards the dog with his gun drawn.

In my experience, whenever I have a gun in my hand, my dogs get scared. I've never shot the thing near them, but for some reason, they know that this black object in my hand isn't something to $#@! with.

He had several other options than the gun. They always seem to go for the gun one first though.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2089 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Mekong84 Click here to enlarge
    this is absolutely offensive. i had a lab/chow mix and i now have a pit mix...both the sweetest dogs around but both on the "aggressive breed" list...and if i were ever in danger you can believe either one would jump in to protect me. cops are nothing more than over aggressive a$$hats with a government issued costume and a gun. they're not ALL bad, but guys like this give them all a bad name. i know the law where i live, i know my rights, i always have my phone camera on standby to record ANY incident with the law, and i carry a usp compact 0.40. i refuse to be bullied by people that have no right to the authority they have been unilaterally given. cop or not, you are not above the law. had this been a citizen shooting another citizen's dog they would have been immediately arrested for discharging a firearm and, at the very least, destruction of property. they would be prosecuted and there would be consequences. the same should be - but probably won't be - true for this terrible excuse of a law enforcement officer. "you mean i get a gun, get to be in charge whenever i want, and pretty much get to legally murder people and destroy things?! SIGN ME UP" said every dbag cop ever. the thought that this man's tax dollars paid for the round that killed his dog is sickening. had this been me...they'd be carting me and the dog off in bags...
    Just researched some aps that will upload your live stream offsite so even if the cops confiscate your phone you still have the video.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Just researched some aps that will upload your live stream offsite so even if the cops confiscate your phone you still have the video.
    THIS. Click here to enlarge everyone should have this. not kidding. not even a little. hell, its even worth paying for.
    COME AT ME BRO

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2089 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Mekong84 Click here to enlarge
    THIS. Click here to enlarge everyone should have this. not kidding. not even a little. hell, its even worth paying for.
    They're free I think:

www.qik.com
    www.bambuser.com

Going to try them both and see which one I like better.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2089 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast