Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No

MORR VS8.2 Offset Fitment Opinions

I currently have 20" Concept One CS5.0s and I'm not happy with them at all. So I've decided to get some MORR VS8s wrapped with Nitto Invo. I have spent a great deal of time shaving my fenders, modding the inside of the fenders to fit my current 295/25/20 tires with a 10mm spacer.
    I'd like to use the same width of tires (295) on a set of 19" rims.
    My offsets on my current rims are 35 front (with a 9" wide rim) and 42 rear (with a 10.5" rim). So technically the offset is 32 with the 10mm spacer I have on. I need to know if the 295/30/19 will be the same width as the 295/25/20 tires. Some tires, when you go down in rim size they go up in width. The MORR VS8.2s have an offset of 36 so with a 5mm spacer, I'd have an offset of 31 which I figure will fit on my car since right now I'm running a 32 offset and it fits but there's not much room to play with - they're pretty flush. I can probably do 1mm but not much more. LOL

I could also go to a 3mm spacer (which would give me an offset of 33) instead but that's the lowest I could go and still keep the tire from hitting the strut. Ithink the 3MM would be best since you get more hub.
    Offsets on the front will be the same so technically I should be able to use a 245/35/19, correct? As of now I have a 245/30/20 with a 5mm spacer and a 35 offset.

MORR offsets are 35 front (with a 9" rim) and 36 rear (with a 10" rim).

Fender Mods:

Shaved fenders - 2mm thick total
    Cut out all plastic/metal where quarter panel and rear bumper meet
    Shaved inside frame next to strut

Pics of fender mods/tires on car currently:

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Front fender:

Click here to enlarge

Quarter panel/rear bumper:

Click here to enlarge

Shaved fenders (have been painted):

Click here to enlarge
    JB4 G5, 455 LPFP, HFS-4 meth kit, BMS OCC, VM 6466 ST, RB valve, BMS DCI, 3" AR Dps, Custom OC W/ SS lines, ER FMIC, ER CP W/HKS BOV, M3 control arms, M3 guide rods, M3 upper links, M3 front & rear sway-bars, HPA rear toe arms, Wavetrac LSD, HPF Gen 2 exhaust DEFIV kit, KW clubsport, Delrin solid subframe bushings, stoptech rotors, Rogue Tranny Mounts, 1M bumper, M3 CF hood, MORR VS8.2 rims 245/295

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

Google rims n tires calculator. You can plug in wheel size, tire size, offsets and more and it will show you the two side by side. I already did with the specs above and the front and back spacing are virtually identical. The 19" tire is .2" taller though so you will be .1" closer to the fender.
    ​#Chuckstrong

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by KB Click here to enlarge
    Google rims n tires calculator. You can plug in wheel size, tire size, offsets and more and it will show you the two side by side. I already did with the specs above and the front and back spacing are virtually identical. The 19" tire is .2" taller though so you will be .1" closer to the fender.
    so the 42 offset was identical to the 36 offset? Did you do this with the spacers and that is why they where close? Appreciate you taking the time to do this!
    JB4 G5, 455 LPFP, HFS-4 meth kit, BMS OCC, VM 6466 ST, RB valve, BMS DCI, 3" AR Dps, Custom OC W/ SS lines, ER FMIC, ER CP W/HKS BOV, M3 control arms, M3 guide rods, M3 upper links, M3 front & rear sway-bars, HPA rear toe arms, Wavetrac LSD, HPF Gen 2 exhaust DEFIV kit, KW clubsport, Delrin solid subframe bushings, stoptech rotors, Rogue Tranny Mounts, 1M bumper, M3 CF hood, MORR VS8.2 rims 245/295

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by robc1976 Click here to enlarge
    so the 42 offset was identical to the 36 offset? Did you do this with the spacers and that is why they where close? Appreciate you taking the time to do this!
    I calculated it including the spacers. So the 10.5 x 20 had a 32 offset and the 19" setup had a 33 offset with the 3mm spacers.
    ​#Chuckstrong

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I calculated it including the spacers. So the 10.5 x 20 had a 32 offset and the 19" setup had a 33 offset with the 3mm spacers.
    this is great news and exactly what I needed to know.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    this is great news and exactly what I needed to know.
    Now remember that different tire manufacturers vary a little. If you are using the same brand of tires hopefully they will be the same. Good luck!
    ​#Chuckstrong

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Great choice. VS8.2's are lovely rims. Considerably lighter than the OEM ZCP counterparts.

I pre-ordered mine in 2010. Just had them re-touched up due to a bit of rash. I still love them.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

I loved my vs8.2's and got many compliments, great choice
    Click here to enlarge
    ESS 6XX kit

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bobS Click here to enlarge
    I loved my vs8.2's and got many compliments, great choice
    that is good to hear....they run pretty true?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Now remember that different tire manufacturers vary a little. If you are using the same brand of tires hopefully they will be the same. Good luck!
    using the same really happy with Nitto I must say!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    that is good to hear....they run pretty true?
    Yes, they are light and the finish held up well. I sold them bc I started to part out my car but then decided to keep the car so now I'm running bbs ch-r's.

Supposedly my one Morr was slightly bent (according to the buyer) but I never felt it and never saw it visually. I offered to buy them back, since I was keeping the car, but he declined and supposedly fixed the wheel on his own dime so I dunno...

NYC roads are awful so it wouldn't surprise me, since the morrs are lightweight you need to be careful. I was running hankook v12's with them and the firewall was rubber band thin. My Michelin pilot super sports have a much thicker sidewall. I'll never buy hankooks again.
    Click here to enlarge
    ESS 6XX kit

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Yes, they are light and the finish held up well. I sold them bc I started to part out my car but then decided to keep the car so now I'm running bbs ch-r's.
    Kimi
    Supposedly my one Morr was slightly bent (according to the buyer) but I never felt it and never saw it visually. I offered to buy them back, since I was keeping the car, but he declined and supposedly fixed the wheel on his own dime so I dunno...

NYC roads are awful so it wouldn't surprise me, since the morrs are lightweight you need to be careful. I was running hankook v12's with them and the firewall was rubber band thin. My Michelin pilot super sports have a much thicker sidewall. I'll never buy hankooks again.
    great info, I run nitto but at a 295 size they should have more than enough sidewall....PSS have biggest. My concept 1 never ran true from the factory even. Not crazy bad but pissed me off a bit.....they would not refund either.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I wouldn't worry about them not running true, I'd buy them again but I wanted to change up the look.
    Click here to enlarge
    ESS 6XX kit

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Morr is coming out with some awesome wheels after they get their website finished. The one that I am excited about is a 10 spoke forged wheel. They told me they can be customized to any size, width....you name it. Its going to be under a new line of wheels.
    ​#Chuckstrong

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Prepare for a 3-4 month wait after your order. I ordered mine mid March and are still waiting on them.

Beautiful wheels though, I just wouldn't recommend them if you want to mount them before the end of September.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Yup I waited 3 months for mine....
    Click here to enlarge
    ESS 6XX kit

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Yup I waited 3 months for mine....
    They had these ready to go into finishing so that may speed up things. I will say it is worth it...."Concept 1" rims I have are worse than EBAY rims......bent with in a few months (4-5000 miles)..I have NEVER hit anything either. When I first got the rims they never ran true on a wheel machine. I now have vibration, lesson learned.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

Check out their new 10 spoke!

Check out their new 10 spoke!

Click here to enlarge
    ​#Chuckstrong

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Wow I really like those 10 spokes!
    Click here to enlarge
    ESS 6XX kit

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Wow I really like those 10 spokes!
    Yeah..me too. I think they are going to be called VS10.

They are launching like 7 new lines with over 50 new wheels by the end of the month when they get the new website up and running. I can't wait.

On a side note, I love the look of the VS8.2 but the lack of concavity on the front wheels always bugged me. Hopefully their new lines will fix this.
    ​#Chuckstrong

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

They are launching like 7 new lines with over 50 new wheels by the end of the month when they get the new website up and running. I can't wait.

On a side note, I love the look of the VS8.2 but the lack of concavity on the front wheels always bugged me. Hopefully their new lines will fix this.
    maybe I should hold the others until I see the new stuff....I an not sure I will like the front not concaved either.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

Unfortunately there isn't much they or we can do, thats the fitment/offset of the 335. Never judge wheels by how they look on a e9x m3, their offsets/fitment are much better than ours for concavity. Unless you go with a retarded "stanced" look or 17's, your stuck with very minimal concavity in the front wheels.
    Click here to enlarge
    ESS 6XX kit

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    maybe I should hold the others until I see the new stuff....I an not sure I will like the front not concaved either.
    I would wait. Plus...once the new styles come out...plus, you might be able to get a used set of VS8.2 from someone selling theirs to upgrade to the new. Click here to enlarge Check out Morr's facebook page.
    ​#Chuckstrong

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Unfortunately there isn't much they or we can do, thats the fitment/offset of the 335. Never judge wheels by how they look on a e9x m3, their offsets/fitment are much better than ours for concavity. Unless you go with a retarded "stanced" look or 17's, your stuck with very minimal concavity in the front wheels.
    I have a 1M but even the front fitment on the M3 seemed flat.
    ​#Chuckstrong

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast