Close

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

0 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LZH Click here to enlarge
    What does tuning have to do with displacement ?? And if you are so concerned with displacement get a C63 with the M156.
    You can keep your poor suggestions.
    I already own something that is RWD that will SMOKE any C63.

I am awaiting the NEXT C63 for it's AWD and DCT.
    I don't want a puny 4.0 engine.
    I obviously have higher standards then you.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2090 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by TT C6 Click here to enlarge

Chill a bit.

4.0 isn't puny but it isn't getting the M157 by all accounts so where is there to discuss? With the M157 and all wheel drive it would eat all the other models alive.

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Chill a bit.

4.0 isn't puny but it isn't getting the M157 by all accounts so where is there to discuss? With the M157 and all wheel drive it would eat all the other models alive.
    So?
    No matter how fast a C63 may be, a S63 buyer isn't going to cross shop a C63.
    A bigger guy, or a guy who is used to/prefers a bigger car, isn't going to pass on a E63 for a C63.

Mark my words, AMG could have a game changer on their hands if the offer the M157 in the C63 with 4matic.
    As a lifetime performance car guy who's been buying new for 20 years, I would have never even considered a AMG until I heard about the M157 possibly coming in an all wheel drive C63 for $60k.
    If AMG makes this happen, almost every educated PERFORMANCE-focused car guy is going to want one of these as a daily driver in 4 season climates.
    Especially, when they have another max-performance RWD car in their garage.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2090 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    So?
    A bigger guy, or a guy who is used to/prefers a bigger car, isn't going to pass on a E63 for a C63.
    Mercedes won't allow it. It's why the C63 was detuned to begin wtih. Even the W211 E55 AMG got a smaller throttle body as it was believed it was too close to the big dogs in the lineup.

Mark my words, AMG could have a game changer on their hands if the offer the M157 in the C63 with 4matic.
    I do not disagree but since BMW is going to a small six cylinder and so is Audi they don't need to beat them up with a sledgehammer. A standard hammer will do fine .

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Well, I'm going to choose to have faith that the new C63 gets the 5.5 M157.

If the next C63 gets only the puny 4.0 TT, I might just get the 2013+ Audi S6 instead.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2090 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    But the Audi S6 has a 4.0 liter TT...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    But the Audi S6 has a 4.0 liter TT...
    Yup.
    That's the point I made earlier.

AMS tuned me on to the new M157 engine that they are making 787rwhp with in the E63.
    Love the power of the AMS E63, but I hate the curb weight. $95k ain't cheap either.

Then, I started reading the next C63 would be getting the M157.
    The lower curb weight of the current C63, and the proposed additional weight saving of the next C63, is much more attractive to me than the E63.
    The lower MSRP is a bonus, too.

I am willing to wait for a C63 with a 5.5L twin turbo, 4matic, and DCT because of the higher displacement of the M157.
    But, if the 2015 C63 gets a puny 4.0TT instead, I might as well just buy an 2013+ Audi 4.0 TT instead for less money.
    Last edited by TT C6; 06-21-2013 at 12:30 AM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2090 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    But you haven't seen the car or motor specs yet... all motors are not created equal.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

And you can keep your narrow minded poor attitude.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    So?
    Clearly you have no idea about model marketing as it applies to where the vehicle fits in the overall picture.

Ya think ? Click here to enlarge

As a lifetime performance car guy who's been buying new for 20 years, I would have never even considered a AMG until I heard about the M157 possibly coming in an all wheel drive C63 for $60k.
    It won't be $60k but that speaks volumes about your buying threshold.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Yup.
    That's the point I made earlier.

AMS tuned me on to the new M157 engine that they are making 787rwhp with in the E63.
    Love the power of the AMS E63, but I hate the curb weight. $95k ain't cheap either.

Then, I started reading the next C63 would be getting the M157.
    The lower curb weight of the current C63, and the proposed additional weight saving of the next C63, is much more attractive to me than the E63.
    The lower MSRP is a bonus, too.

I am willing to wait for a C63 with a 5.5L twin turbo, 4matic, and DCT because of the higher displacement of the M157.
    But, if the 2015 C63 gets a puny 4.0TT instead, I might as well just buy an 2013+ Audi 4.0 TT instead for less money.
    I think I understand your problem now LOL

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I think I understand your problem now LOL
    If valuing my money is a problem, then I guess I have one....especially when it comes to depreciating assets.
    Congrats on coming off like a complete douche bag.
    If the C63 got the 5.5 M157, 4matic, and a dual clutch, I would pay E63 money, because it would be a game changer, and a much more stealthy daily driver that the GTR......specially after doing a turbo swap with AMS or RENNtech.

I also value flying under the radar and being inconspicuous.....especially when daily driving a 550-1,000hp cars.....for obvious reasons.

FIVE posts in a row coming at me ?????
    You might want to get off my nuts. Kinda stalkerish.
    Last edited by TT C6; 06-21-2013 at 02:09 PM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

0 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    If valuing my money is a problem, then I guess I have one....especially when it comes to depreciating assets.
    Congrats on coming off like a complete douche bag.
    If that were the case and you are worried about depreciating assets you would just lease. Or, if money is that tight maybe consider a cheaper car. The only douche here is you. You are complaining about a car/motor combo that hasn't even been released yet. And your comments about the "puny 4.0L motor" only proves your ignorance. As Sticky said, all motors are not created equal. So by your logic an F1 motor is considered "puny" small and weak ? LOL...

If the C63 got the 5.5 M157, 4matic, and a dual clutch,
    I would pay E63 money, because it would be a game changer, and a much more stealthy daily driver that the GTR......specially after doing a turbo swap with AMS or RENNtech.

I also value flying under the radar and being inconspicuous.....especially when daily driving a 550-1,000hp cars.....for obvious reasons.
    Good for you. I'm sure they will make it just for you. And if they don't and you are such a performance enthusiast you can swap an M157 into it just like the guy in Germany did with his C BS.

FIVE posts in a row coming at me ?????
    You might want to get off my nuts. Kinda stalkerish.
    And you might want to learn to count - 3 posts "in a row". Don't worry pal, I'm not on your nuts, just replying to you dumbass reasoning.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    You are bringing up an F1 engine that spins to 20,000rpms in a conversation regarding the significant value that displacement offers in an OEM engine while calling me a dumbass ????
    I'd respond, but it wouldn't be fair. I don't want to be a bully.

"My panties"?
    My "money is that tight"?
    My "ignorance"

Have a nice day, sir.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    You are bringing up an F1 engine that spins to 20,000rpms in a conversation regarding the significant value that displacement offers in an OEM engine while calling me a dumbass ????
    I prefaced that with "all motors are not created equal". Of course it isn't an apples to apples comparison; it wasn't meant to be. But what it is, is a perfect example of how your misguided and uninformed lust for more displacement is idiotic. A 4.0L TT will be lighter and spin faster than a larger displacement motor and also with a tune will probably have the same output as the M157. But your wouldn't want that....you think the heavier bigger displacement motor is better just because of the larger displacement lol. If you actually had a good reason then I might take you seriously but you don't and this is all speculation because no one knows what the next C63 will have.

Have a great day too, and enjoy your new Audi LOL.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2090 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Chill out guys.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Chill out guys.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2090 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    How I love that movie. lol.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I prefaced that with "all motors are not created equal". Of course it isn't an apples to apples comparison; it wasn't meant to be. But what it is, is a perfect example of how your misguided and uninformed lust for more displacement is idiotic. A 4.0L TT will be lighter and spin faster than a larger displacement motor and also with a tune will probably have the same output as the M157. But your wouldn't want that....you think the heavier bigger displacement motor is better just because of the larger displacement lol. If you actually had a good reason then I might take you seriously but you don't and this is all speculation because no one knows what the next C63 will have.

Have a great day too, and enjoy your new Audi LOL.

Thanks for showing the entire forum how you have absolutely no clue about engines and making power.
    I was going to publicly blast you and put you in your place, but you did such a good job of making a fool of yourself, I don't think I need to add anything.
    Have a great weekend, sir.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Chill out guys.
    Exactly.

How about this, wait until the car f*cking comes out. Then either buy one or not.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Thanks for showing the entire forum how you have absolutely no clue about engines and making power.
    I was going to publicly blast you and put you in your place, but you did such a good job of making a fool of yourself, I don't think I need to add anything.
    Have a great weekend, sir.
    Ohh I'm quivering in my boots. This isn't a discussion about how engines make power...sure the larger displacement motor is going to make more power - I never said it wouldn't, but it's also going to be heavier. And from what's been released thus far about the new C63, they are trimming weight. As are just about all manufacturers. So as someone else just said, wait until the car comes out and either or buy it or don't.

And for the record I was being quite polite until you made your "set of balls" and "poor suggestions" comment. So relax, ok ?
    Last edited by LZH; 06-21-2013 at 11:54 PM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Ohh I'm quivering in my boots. This isn't a discussion about how engines make power...sure the larger displacement motor is going to make more power - I never said it wouldn't, but it's also going to be heavier. And from what's been released thus far about the new C63, they are trimming weight. As are just about all manufacturers. So as someone else just said, wait until the car comes out and either or buy it or don't.

And for the record I was being quite polite until you made your "set of balls" and "poor suggestions" comment. So relax, ok ?
    You sound like you've been having motors built for the last 20+ years like I have.

So, what do you think is the difference in weight between identical turbo motors with a difference of 1.0L of displacement ????
    What do you think will be the pros/cons of that extra 1.0L of displacement ????

Looking forward to your response.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    You sound like you've been having motors built for the last 20+ years like I have.

So, what do you think is the difference in weight between identical turbo motors with a difference of 1.0L of displacement ????
    What do you think will be the pros/cons of that extra 1.0L of displacement ????

Looking forward to your response.
    Probably not that much [weight difference]. Lots of things contribute to the weight of a motor, and displacement is just one of them since it's simply a measure of the internal volume of the cylinders. However, larger displacement motors typically have heavier rotating assemblies and usually have slower rod speed than a similar motor that is only 1L larger. Thus, the smaller displacement motor will rev quicker. Not to mention WHERE the weight reduction is in the vehicle - which is usually at it's lowest point/center of gravity. So any weight reduction there also pays big dividends in the handling/chassis department. I could go on and on but.... I hate to use this line twice in 24 hours....

Did I adequately answer your condescending question ?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    We're talking about a twin turbo engine with a forged rotating assembly in a luxury sedan.
    Thank you for proving my assumptions about you to be correct.
    Have a great summer, sir.

I'm going back to watching the live stream of Le Mans here:
    http://www.lemans-tv.com/

RIP Allan Simonsen

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    We're talking about a twin turbo engine with a forged rotating assembly in a luxury sedan.
    Thank you for proving my assumptions about you to be correct.
    Have a great summer, sir.
    So what ?? The things I detailed above, which YOU asked for, apply to ALL motors. race cars or "luxury sedans" doesn't matter. So why don't you enthrall us with your "20 years of building motors" and answer a question. Since you asked....identical turbo motors, one with a 1L larger displacement. Actually it's 1.5L larger displacement since we are comparing the 5.5L and the 4L. So which one will be heavier ? Simple question that you seem to afraid to address because you know you are wrong.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast