Close

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2109 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by G0TB00ST? Click here to enlarge
    4) sticky is still on the stock block and maybe stock head(@Sticky correct me if I'm wrong) making high hp with a bigger engine with more moving parts that need to be built stronger so as not to fail.
    Stock block stock heads.

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2109 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by justohigh Click here to enlarge
    ow is being able to rev high= to being built strong?
    Take a look at piston speeds sometime.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2109 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Flinchy Click here to enlarge
    and i'm sure both motors will keep playing leapfrog until people get sick of spending so much... or yours exceeds all expectations and makes stupid power haha
    It isn't leapfrog, it was always game over since the beginning. It's no contest. The N54 would need to turn into an S54. Not happening.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    It isn't leapfrog, it was always game over since the beginning. It's no contest. The N54 would need to turn into an S54. Not happening.
    can't quite say that yet i don't think haha

no one has properly wrecked an N54 yet Click here to enlarge

it aint over until that happens! haha

the S65 may be superior in many engineering aspects, that isn't up for debate.. but game over is a bit unfair
    boop

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    S65 is so much stronger with bearing issues and i've personally seen two with broken valve springs.

From VAC "We all know the S65 has a rod bearing issue. Not all engines suffer from premature bearing wear/failure, but enough do. We have had quite a few S65s through our machine shop and some showed some serious wear :-( BMW has had rather embarrassing issues with rod bearings in the past so we wanted to get ahead of the curve and release the 3 proven products that will strengthen our favorite BMW engines Click here to enlarge For those interested in the ultimate in oil management, our billet dry sump kit is for you!"

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge

I think its funny they have a "blown motor registery" on m3post.

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=786615
    Last edited by BMWJunkie; 06-16-2013 at 11:26 AM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Stock block stock heads.
    @Justtohigh i was right
    E46 323i-rip
    e46325ci- sold
    e85 z4-sold
    e46-m3-ripClick here to enlarge
    fj cruiser- sold
    e90 325i-sold
    e30 325i vert-current
    http://theworstdrug.com/25

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    @Jus ttohigh i was right
    I just figured all the time his car spent on the sidelines that it was being built.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I just figured all the time his car spent on the sidelines that it was being built.
    I know he's getting his teams built, but ill leave that for another thread
    E46 323i-rip
    e46325ci- sold
    e85 z4-sold
    fj cruiser- sold
    e90 325i-sold
    e30 325i vert-current

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Omg this same idiotic point again. Another person trying to tell others what they need to realize when he doesn't realize 570 whp M3's are putting down the same trap speeds as the Vishnu single turbo in the mid 650's. How do you explain that?

Someone focusing on engine torque figures again, wonderful. Still the common poster does not get it.

I'll never make the same torque as some of these big turbo cars but I'll annihilate them. The M3 doesn't need more peak torque it's where it makes its torque that matters. God damn...
    You of all people to comment about this. LOL You should have showed up at shift sector so you could have got your @$$ handed to you... The video is lower RPM rolling start, so don't tell me a high torque car won't pull on a low torque car... Talk about common sense. You can see what a FBO 335 does to a e92 M3 with FBO mods and tune... I provided two examples and yet you want to throw out trap speeds. WTF LOL It's nice that your charged M can run the same traps up top, just shows you're making good WHP... But don't forget who gets there quicker, torque... Smoke that in your tail pipe.. haha

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Wedge1967 Click here to enlarge
    BTW, don't get me wrong... I would love to have an M3, especially this one....

http://youtu.be/8md-YC82KOI
    The only thing "wrong" with the G-Power stuff is the cost.... The Evolve is a very, very close 2nd to that.

And this is going to honestly be an on going battle. The N54 has clearly shown itself to be a much more capable power platform on a stock motor (S65s hitting high 500s, the N54 sitting just over 700 WHP with possibly more room) and for a significantly lower investment, but for all we know that can be changed with the Gintani TT kit. It's completely worthless though to compare built motor S65s (like Stickys) against high HP N54s (the Vargas Stage 3 or Vishnu ST) until people start building the motor. YES the N54 was built for boost, but until someone builds an N54, we're making an apples v oranges comparison.

Honestly, I just want a Vargas Stage 3 and a Gintani YSI (both 6MTs) to line up & have them run against each other.
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump

"The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I meant trans
    E46 323i-rip
    e46325ci- sold
    e85 z4-sold
    fj cruiser- sold
    e90 325i-sold
    e30 325i vert-current

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by benzy89 Click here to enlarge
    The only thing "wrong" with the G-Power stuff is the cost.... The Evolve is a very, very close 2nd to that.

And this is going to honestly be an on going battle. The N54 has clearly shown itself to be a much more capable power platform on a stock motor (S65s hitting high 500s, the N54 sitting just over 700 WHP with possibly more room) and for a significantly lower investment, but for all we know that can be changed with the Gintani TT kit. It's completely worthless though to compare built motor S65s (like Stickys) against high HP N54s (the Vargas Stage 3 or Vishnu ST) until people start building the motor. YES the N54 was built for boost, but until someone builds an N54, we're making an apples v oranges comparison.

Honestly, I just want a Vargas Stage 3 and a Gintani YSI (both 6MTs) to line up & have them run against each other.
    Not sure why people keep throwing out comps anyway with regard to 335 vs M3. The 335 is a better daily driver and with mods is a quick straight line car. But if you want to track your car, the M is a better choice no doubt in my mind. Granted, the 335 can be setup to track also. So depending on the argument, which this was straight line performance, there is no question in my mind I would take the 335 $ for $.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I assume most n54 guys would atleast admit a P31 C63 would beat a fbo n54? Here is a catless m3 taking a C63 P31 and leading the way up until really high speeds where c63 claws back. Maybe someone can explain this as well as they did the initial video. Right

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Not sure why people keep throwing out comps anyway with regard to 335 vs M3. The 335 is a better daily driver and with mods is a quick straight line car. But if you want to track your car, the M is a better choice no doubt in my mind. Granted, the 335 can be setup to track also. So depending on the argument, which this was straight line performance, there is no question in my mind I would take the 335 $ for $.
    /thread
    E46 323i-rip
    e46325ci- sold
    e85 z4-sold
    fj cruiser- sold
    e90 325i-sold
    e30 325i vert-current

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    wannab5 go buy an m5 and stfu please...

FYI my 135i Manual beat jonsc63 oe tuned c63 that has the fastest 60-130s for non LTH NA c63s .... quicker than a p31. so no we dont agree.... i would love nothing more than to be able to run any of these said cars but my car is a rotting disaster filled with bad luck not allowing me too.

now a days with the more aggressive tunes, a full bolt on n54 IN THE RIGHT HANDS will beat a otherwise stock p31 c63 or m3 dct to whatever speed you want to go to. do p31 c63s trap 123-125? no they dont...

should i show you videos of all the cars Terry beats and than just proclaim n54s are faster than all of those cars too... 1 video of joe blow the moron racing doesnt prove a damn thing..

as far as the m3 goes... i do not agree its a better motor to drive on the street at all.. i extensively test drove the two cars before my last purchase and i could not get over the lack of tq down low... if you drive like a 18 year old testosterone filled moron above 6k every driving second of your life sure its exhilarating but i could not get over the lack of low end tq and miserable passing power without downshifting on the highway in comparison to my fbo 135 at the time...

I dig the m3 , would def like to own one, but i feel the lack of low end grunt outweighs the pros unless u drive like speed racer. The overall car is superior for sure.. but as a DD the n54 MOTOR is better.. suspension, tranny, and looks all inferior.

but i prob shouldn't continue to

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Wannbm5 Click here to enlarge
    I assume most n54 guys would atleast admit a P31 C63 would beat a fbo n54? Here is a catless m3 taking a C63 P31 and leading the way up until really high speeds where c63 claws back. Maybe someone can explain this as well as they did the initial video.
    Haha, a C63 is NO match for a well tuned FBO 335 running 100% e85 and 100% Meth. Don't believe me? Watch the video... Kid got his @$$ handed to him. LOL

Also, I see a few people disliked my other videos where I spanked a couple of modified and tuned M3's. Truth hurts doesn't it. F'n babies. I personally would take an M3 over a 335 any day. Doesn't negate the fact that a well tuned & modified 335 will hand you're @$$ to you in a drag. Get over it already...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Lol

Nice vid wedge

If you haven't driven a well tuned 335, you should, it's a blast
    Click here to enlarge
    ESS 6XX kit

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2109 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Flinchy Click here to enlarge
    can't quite say that yet i don't think haha

no one has properly wrecked an N54 yet Click here to enlarge

it aint over until that happens! haha

the S65 may be superior in many engineering aspects, that isn't up for debate.. but game over is a bit unfair
    It's a 4.0 liter V8 with 8400 rpm there isn't much that can be done to change that.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2109 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BMWJunkie Click here to enlarge
    S65 is so much stronger with bearing issues and i've personally seen two with broken valve springs.

From VAC "We all know the S65 has a rod bearing issue. Not all engines suffer from premature bearing wear/failure, but enough do. We have had quite a few S65s through our machine shop and some showed some serious wear :-( BMW has had rather embarrassing issues with rod bearings in the past so we wanted to get ahead of the curve and release the 3 proven products that will strengthen our favorite BMW engines http://www.m3post.com/forums/images/smilies/smile.gif For those interested in the ultimate in oil management, our billet dry sump kit is for you!"
    Because BMW used bad bearings once again doesn't mean once you replace them or upgrade the cheap oiling system it doesn't remedy those issues.

I personally bent a valve spring because BMW sent out a bad batch. Is it the parts BMW chose to use or the S65? Because weird when they have higher tolerances like in racing the motor is just fine.

The point being the S65 is the ultimately stronger base because it is and always has been and always will be.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2109 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Did get built not sure what you are talking about.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2109 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Teams?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Teams?
    I think he meant to say Trans.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2109 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    You of all people to comment about this. LOL You should have showed up at shift sector so you could have got your @$$ handed to you... The video is lower RPM rolling start, so don't tell me a high torque car won't pull on a low torque car... Talk about common sense. You can see what a FBO 335 does to a e92 M3 with FBO mods and tune... I provided two examples and yet you want to throw out trap speeds. WTF LOL It's nice that your charged M can run the same traps up top, just shows you're making good WHP... But don't forget who gets there quicker, torque... Smoke that in your tail pipe.. haha
    Ass handed to me by what? Haha, seriously?

A 335i that can't beat stock internal M3's despite it's "huge" torque advantage?

Common sense is you processing torque x rpm / 5252. Write it down backwards on your forehead please so you can read it when you look in the mirror.

Who gets there quicker? Probably the car without turbo lag and geared more aggressively. And last I checked once you shift at redline you don't drop down to 1800 rpm.

I love your comments not based in reality. REALITY: M3 makes better use of its power because it has a more efficient driveline hence why even on low boost with less whp and torque (no meth) it goes head to head with the Vishnu single turbo right? That's reality, smoke that if you need to: http://www.bimmerboost.com/content.p...meth-injection

I can't believe your head is buried so far in the sand and you want to act like you know what you're talking about. Hilarious.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2109 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by benzy89 Click here to enlarge
    No problem. What do you guys think is going to happen? Guess you need to see how one sided it will be.

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast