Close

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ezec63 Click here to enlarge
    Didn't you just recently order rotors from evosport after me and another tried to steer you away from them?? how did that work out did you get the rotors or did they burn you as well?
    I got the rotors 2 weeks late but I got them. I was on them every day about the rotors.
    Click here to enlarge

EURO 04 M3 Current Mods:GC DAs, Eibach Sways, PF RTAB's, RE RCAs, INTRAVEE II, Black Roundels, ///MFEST Badges, Depo's, Screen protector for NAV display, VCSL Bumper + Race Lip & CF Trunk & CF Rear Diffusor, DIETZ TV in Motion, SS= V1 Headers + catless pipes + X-Pipe + SS Sport Exhaust, Z8 Starter Button, Lamin-X, OEM CSL interior, OEM CSL Steering, OEM CSL Intake, OEM CSL Roof, MSS54HP + OEM CSL Tune, BBS CH's, LIGHTWERKZ, 355mm ST40 BBK, BW Oil Cooler....

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

4 out of 7 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    crazy stuff going on these days....HPF gone , Evosport gone and now , here in El Paso , the biggest performance and tuning shop ( Speed Factory ) closed it's doors last week after 15 years in business....for who knows what reason Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

TIME TO MOVE ON !

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    I ordered two sets of Evosport rotors for My SL63, the EVO1, and after completely frying them, I ordered the EVO2 set. They booth took me less than a week for them to get shipped to me to Qatar.

My only issue was when I ordered the Power Pulley for my C63 about two years ago. I waited for about six months. I really didnt know how the hell that happened.I remember selling the car an still not receiving it lol. I got it eventually and thought I should install it on my SL, but I didnt and I still have it. Honestly its a piece of 5hit and definitely not worth 1000 bucks +300 shipping to Qatar.

All of there products are overpriced to be honest and they charge a 5hit load of money for shipping. I think they made at least %20 of their profit from shipping (when they were making profit)
    Weistec Supercharged SL63 AMG
    Click here to enlarge
    Fastest Overall Mercedes SL Class VBOX 60-130, 6.86-
    Dragtimes.com, FEB 16 2013

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2053 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by oldgixxer Click here to enlarge
    $#@! Brad
    LOL not a fan I see.
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

5 out of 7 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Sorry, but I feel compelled to comment on jrcart's recent post on the Evosport fiasco on MBWorld:

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by jrcart Click here to enlarge
    ....Everyone should have listened to me 2.5 years ago....

....all it takes is a quick google quiry to do some investigating about a company or product, anyone that gave a dime to evosport after what happened to me and several other people on this forum almosts deserves what they get.
    Given what transpired on this forum (the original source of the claims), this is an outrageous statement for jrcart to make.
    You (jrcart), yourself, initially publicly vilified Evosport 2.5 years ago, and then turned 180 degrees with respect to your stance when it transpired that Evosport was going to sort out the problem. You were called out on it by members here because you had also encouraged them behind the scenes to also participate in the conflict (including JBond).

If we do a 'quick google quiry' (as you suggest), your statement on the Evosport scandal on Jalopnik comes up:

"I would like to also add that I have been dealing with evosport for over 3 years, they have done ALOT of work on my vehicle and up until this latest round of modifications everything went well, their quality was and still is top notch. Obviously there were some bumps in the road on this go round, it did leave a very bad taste in my mouth but I can still say they do good work. Hopefully they are working through the bumps and issues and deliver on any customer back orders and it appears they are."

Of course, everybody now knows that you cannot safely do business with Evosport. However, it is just disingenuous for you to claim that everyone should have listened to you. Your final statement on the matter (above and in bold) certainly doesn't portray a person who is warning people not to do business with Evosport.

I know I'm going to get flamed for this post, but I just remember the whole sorry scenario from years ago and how it fizzled out because of people doing 180's.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2053 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by mainah Click here to enlarge
    Given what transpired on this forum (the original source of the claims), this is an outrageous statement for jrcart to make.
    You (jrcart), yourself, initially publicly vilified Evosport 2.5 years ago, and then turned 180 degrees with respect to your stance when it transpired that Evosport was going to sort out the problem. You were called out on it by members here because you had also encouraged them behind the scenes to also participate in the conflict (including JBond).
    This is all very true.

If we do a 'quick google quiry' (as you suggest), your statement on the Evosport scandal on Jalopnik comes up:
    This was after I stood up and took the heat for pointing it all out and jalopnik referenced BenzBoost... after that "scandal" so to speak they worked things out to a degree and I was left hung out to dry once Evosport started coming at me with legal threats. I didn't budge and stood up for what was right and now this guy calls me a douche. Short term memory I guess?

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by JRCART
    Hello, I am the JRCART mentioned in this article. I want to point out and clarify a few issues and inaccuracies I have with with the article. First off evosport has now delivered on pretty much everything they were contracted to on my vehicle. There are a couple of small misc small tidbits that need closure but for the most part they have now delivered on what was promised to me. I am flying out to California next Wednesday to meet with management and owners of evosport so we can finally put this to rest on move on.

I guess...

I know I'm going to get flamed for this post
    Highly doubt that.
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    115 Post(s)

3 out of 3 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LZH Click here to enlarge
    I know the guy on MBWorld Jim Brady rounded up a few investors and I think they threw something like $250k into the place for majority interest. Sad to see that it didn't work out, I'd like to know the details of exactly what went wrong. I bet the World Challenge CLK63 racing effort had something to do with it. Wouldn't be the first time a small tuner/shop tried to go racing and got burned. I was actually asked to participate in the investment group with Jim Brady...glad I didn't but also sad to see it didn't work out.
    I was thinking the same thing.... I had actually heard it was more then the 250 but who knows at this point.
    Eurocharged Performance
    Tuner of the WORLDS FASTEST E55 - 10.46 @ 134.42
    Tuner of the WORLDS FASTEST C32 - 12.33 @ 115.08

Locations in Houston - Chicago - Boston - DC- Toronto - Hong Kong - South Africa
    Over 30 other dealer locations around the word

Sales@eurocharged.com

Over 7000 customers strong!

Proud tuning partners of Underground Racing!

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

3 out of 3 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Yeah this is sad news...

Actually meant to order a pulley from them last month.Anyone know if there are any other options available?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

I actually wanted to get their lightweight brakes for my Black Series - anyone know where they sourced them ?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

I actually wanted to get their lightweight brakes for my Black Series - anyone know where they sourced them ?
    They get them from here. You can get them directly now for a much better price. choose the one Piece rotors for your CLK BS
    http://brakeperformance.com/

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SLS AMG Click here to enlarge
    They get them from here. You can get them directly now for a much better price. choose the one Piece rotors for your CLK BS
    Yup. Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

EURO 04 M3 Current Mods:GC DAs, Eibach Sways, PF RTAB's, RE RCAs, INTRAVEE II, Black Roundels, ///MFEST Badges, Depo's, Screen protector for NAV display, VCSL Bumper + Race Lip & CF Trunk & CF Rear Diffusor, DIETZ TV in Motion, SS= V1 Headers + catless pipes + X-Pipe + SS Sport Exhaust, Z8 Starter Button, Lamin-X, OEM CSL interior, OEM CSL Steering, OEM CSL Intake, OEM CSL Roof, MSS54HP + OEM CSL Tune, BBS CH's, LIGHTWERKZ, 355mm ST40 BBK, BW Oil Cooler....

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

I thought they came from girodisc, and wouldn't you rather have the two piece?
    Click here to enlarge
    C63 Black Series

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SLS AMG Click here to enlarge
    Much appreciated !

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Even Money Click here to enlarge
    I thought they came from girodisc, and wouldn't you rather have the two piece?
    No. Girodisc provide ACG Automotive (you can see them as dealers on the website) with thier brakes. They are also top quality. They have Excellent rotors for the Audi R8.

Much appreciated !
    your welcome

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

1 out of 3 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Unbelievable:

Sticky - any chance you would change the title of this thread to:

"M156 brethren - Do not do business with these companies"

[I'm being serious BTW!]

Another 'well-respected' aftermarket company (Tuning Technology Motorsports) stiffing a dude to the tune of $18,000:

http://mbworld.org/forums/w211-amg/5...ror-story.html

Cliff notes:
    OP (Kelvin) pays TTM $14,000 via paypal and $4,000 cash as a budget for mods up front ($18,000 total).
    Naive? Yes (but that's irrelevant at the moment).
    Bruce at TTM ignores / stalls OP for months despite repeated attempts by OP to contact him.

Current status: Bruce at TTM owes Kelvin $18,000 (or a 63-based Weistec SC system and headers instead). TTM fanboys over on MBWorld rush in to defend Bruce's 'stellar' reputation.

Granted, it isn't a foregone conclusion that the problem will not ultimately get resolved, but even as the situation stands, it's atrocious business practice.

What absolutely kills me is that the OP chose TTM based on forum user testimonials.
    It's the same old story, over and over again: forum users are quick to praise a tuner publicly; however, those who have bad experiences do the community a HUGE disservice by not making these encounters public.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2053 Post(s)

Unbelievable:

Sticky - any chance you would change the title of this thread to:

"M156 brethren - Do not do business with these companies"

[I'm being serious BTW!]

Another 'well-respected' aftermarket company (Tuning Technology Motorsports) stiffing a dude to the tune of $18,000:

http://mbworld.org/forums/w211-amg/5...ror-story.html

Cliff notes:
    OP (Kelvin) pays TTM $14,000 via paypal and $4,000 cash as a budget for mods up front ($18,000 total).
    Naive? Yes (but that's irrelevant at the moment).
    Bruce at TTM ignores / stalls OP for months despite repeated attempts by OP to contact him.

Current status: Bruce at TTM owes Kelvin $18,000 (or a 63-based Weistec SC system and headers instead). TTM fanboys over on MBWorld rush in to defend Bruce's 'stellar' reputation.

Granted, it isn't a foregone conclusion that the problem will not ultimately get resolved, but even as the situation stands, it's atrocious business practice.

What absolutely kills me is that the OP chose TTM based on forum user testimonials.
    It's the same old story, over and over again: forum users are quick to praise a tuner publicly; however, those who have bad experiences do the community a HUGE disservice by not making these encounters public.
    @mainah I'll write up a separate article on this, how much more can you tell me?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Sticky - I don't know any more than is being played out in the OP's thread on MBW.
    Apologies if my post above made it seem like I know more about what is going on behind the scenes.

I was just trying to highlight what was going on with TTM by including it in this thread since they both share a common theme: criminal business practices. It's just so disheartening to see this going on so much.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2053 Post(s)

There's a lot of bad apples falling from trees lately. Thanks for making us aware @mainah.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Wow! The fit has hit the shan on the TTM-scamgate thread on MBWorld! Click here to enlarge

At this point, at least 6 forum members are owed something by TTM. Many, many more are shedding light on Bruce's 'warm' personality.

Fan-boys of TTM have now stopped posting in the thread.

An Australian with ties to a 'family outfit' on the largest island in the Mediterranean Sea (allegedly, allegedly) is threatening to come over and meet face-to-face to 'take care of business'.

Bruce is exposed as a car cleaner in his spare time (when not tuning and performing miracles on AMGs).

Forum members start posting comments on TTM's Facebook page. Comments are deleted within seconds, and banned from making further comments. i.e. Bruce DOES appear to be respond to comments (at least when he wants to).

Hilarity ensues and the noose tightens.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2053 Post(s)

Funny how fanboys can skew perception so far on a forum...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Funny how fanboys can skew perception so far on a forum...
    Very true.
    It's all well and good to heap praise on a vendor when they exceed expectations, but when people display a blind allegiance for a vendor, regardless of incriminating evidence right in front of their eyes, that's another thing.

While it is now conveniently timely for other forum users to come out of the woodwork and share their horror stories about TTM, I can't help but think that they have ultimately done the enthusiast community a disservice by not coming forward earlier.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2053 Post(s)

but when people display a blind allegiance for a vendor, regardless of incriminating evidence right in front of their eyes, that's another thing.
    Heh, tell me about it. One of the reasons this place exists.

While it is now conveniently timely for other forum users to come out of the woodwork and share their horror stories about TTM, I can't help but think that they have ultimately done the enthusiast community a disservice by not coming forward earlier.
    I'll be sure to point this out when I do my write up tonight.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Just skimmed though that thread re TTM. Gotta say I don't really feel sorry for the OP. What kind of an idiot sends $18k to someone while he thinking about how he wants to spend it ??? Maybe I read that wrong but to me it sounded like the guy was sending cash each month, getting no work performed or parts delivered ?? Who the $#@! does business like that ?

"Here's $20 grand, now let me think about how I want to spend it." RETARDED.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Just skimmed though that thread re TTM. Gotta say I don't really feel sorry for the OP. What kind of an idiot sends $18k to someone while he thinking about how he wants to spend it ??? Maybe I read that wrong but to me it sounded like the guy was sending cash each month, getting no work performed or parts delivered ?? Who the $#@! does business like that ?

"Here's $20 grand, now let me think about how I want to spend it." RETARDED.
    It was $18,000. $4,000 sent in cash.
    That he was unsure as to how he wanted to spend it is his prerogative. While it may have been ultimately naive, I just don't think it's fair to say he was an 'idiot' or 'retarded'.

I can certainly see the naivety in sending TTM $4,000 in cash, but I fail to see how you don't feel for a guy who is out $18,000.
    The fact is that he WAS given a ballpark figure for the cost of reaching a certain performance goal by Bruce himself. That's the reason he sent that much. Bruce was obviously trying to circumvent taxation when he requested that cash be sent on the final payment.

As it transpired, the OP ended up selling the car those mods were planned for and, instead, requested the funds be used for a Weistec SC system on his 63 car.

And that's where the situation stands: he wants either a refund, or the Weistec 63-based SC system.

Was Havoc an idiot for paying Evosport (or VRP) up front for his mods? His planned build was not set in stone. This is a military guy out of the country who wasn't going to be able to deal with repeat payments and the nuances that go hand-in-hand with a build.

Was jrcart an idiot for paying Evosport up front for his build? We all know what happened in that situation.

The bottom line is that all these people sent money up front to 'reputable' companies based on 'trust'. That trust had been established by a combination of their own personal relationships with the companies in question, along with a huge dose of false praise on venues like car enthusiast forums.

If EVERYBODY says a company is great, that counts for something, right? If NOBODY mans the $#@! up and mentions the good AND the bad, how can unsuspecting customers know any different?

I'm not in any way trying to be antagonistic with you, but it just doesn't help the situation to take your view. The car enthusiast community can band together and call this situation as it really is (exploitation and theft). Alternatively, we can deride the victims for the events that led to them being robbed.
    I'm fairly sure I know which choice is more constructive (to all of us) in the long term.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

It was $18,000. $4,000 sent in cash.
    That he was unsure as to how he wanted to spend it is his prerogative. While it may have been ultimately naive, I just don't think it's fair to say he was an 'idiot' or 'retarded'.

I can certainly see the naivety in sending TTM $4,000 in cash, but I fail to see how you don't feel for a guy who is out $18,000.
    The fact is that he WAS given a ballpark figure for the cost of reaching a certain performance goal by Bruce himself. That's the reason he sent that much. Bruce was obviously trying to circumvent taxation when he requested that cash be sent on the final payment.

As it transpired, the OP ended up selling the car those mods were planned for and, instead, requested the funds be used for a Weistec SC system on his 63 car.

And that's where the situation stands: he wants either a refund, or the Weistec 63-based SC system.

Was Havoc an idiot for paying Evosport (or VRP) up front for his mods? His planned build was not set in stone. This is a military guy out of the country who wasn't going to be able to deal with repeat payments and the nuances that go hand-in-hand with a build.

Was jrcart an idiot for paying Evosport up front for his build? We all know what happened in that situation.

The bottom line is that all these people sent money up front to 'reputable' companies based on 'trust'. That trust had been established by a combination of their own personal relationships with the companies in question, along with a huge dose of false praise on venues like car enthusiast forums.

If EVERYBODY says a company is great, that counts for something, right? If NOBODY mans the $#@! up and mentions the good AND the bad, how can unsuspecting customers know any different?

I'm not in any way trying to be antagonistic with you, but it just doesn't help the situation to take your view. The car enthusiast community can band together and call this situation as it really is (exploitation and theft). Alternatively, we can deride the victims for the events that led to them being robbed.
    I'm fairly sure I know which choice is more constructive (to all of us) in the long term.
    I'm sure the guy who sent TTM the funds up front is not an idiot, but his actions were idiotic in my opinion. I remember JRCarts build with Evosport and it went in stages and I'm almost certain he did not pay for the entire build in any stage up front. Not sure about HAvoc but when dealing with tuners I've never heard of someone paying 100% up front especially for labor that may/may not be performed, that's just retarded...sorry. I can understand paying for parts that are not in stock, but that's about it.
    Do I feel bad for the guy ? Sure. But I would never send someone I didn't know personally, especially someone in another friggin country, that much money. And I would have been super hesitant to do business with them if they asked for it like Bruce did. Hell, I had Weistec do almost $10k worth of work on my CLK BS and didn't pay them a cent until the work was completed. That's how business is done IMO. It assures the consumer gets what they pay and if an issue arises the business owner has to make it right or they don't get paid. If they've already been paid, they don't have much reason to fix the issues...especially if it's a sinking ship of a company.

Either way, it's a $#@!ty situation but one that would have mitigated if the OP had been a little bit smarter with his money. I still can't believe that Bruce hasn't responded to that thread over there...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast