Close

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2108 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    easy fix, make voting not anonymous. once they started hiding the votes, theres no way to see the truth.

2. who the $#@! works for these people thinking this is ok?
    It has to be anonymous but what you can do is have independent bodies oversee and check if your vote is what you voted.

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Balance voting power based on contribution. Why does a bum have the same vote power as someone employing thousands generating millions?
    I agree with the premise, 100% - however, defining "bum" would be a huge issue/problem. I guess if we the people vote on this, it would all work out... Click here to enlarge

In all seriousness - could you imagine trying to define this? Then we are back to the same problem. Instead of congress controlling things, we would have private entity - influenced by a question mark. I guess - for simplicity sake, no chance of fraud, etc. - it would be one vote per SSN with a voting card.

There are definitely things to think about - my point is, why hasn't it been done? It is ridiculous to force people to wait 3 hours to vote. It's also ridiculous that I "assign" someone to vote for me (as you said). This is 2013 - things need to change... Soon.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2108 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by inlineS54B32 Click here to enlarge
    n all seriousness - could you imagine trying to define this? Then we are back to the same problem.
    It's really very simple. I paid X amount in taxes compared to X% of the voting public I deserve X amount of voting power. A bum defines themself then and it would also encourage people not to skimp on their taxes as they lose voting power in doing so.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2108 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Rand Paul wants to challenge this in the Supreme Court:

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2108 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    So now the government wants to make an example of this guy and kill him?

Snowden faces execution as sealed complaint charges espionage

US federal prosecutors have charged whistleblower Edward Snowden with espionage, theft and conversion of government property in a sealed criminal complaint, and asked Hong Kong to detain him ahead of a move to extradite him.

Federal prosecutors have now laid the groundwork for Snowden’s extradition back to the US for trial, and have 60 days to file an indictment. The US currently has an extradition treaty with Hong Kong, though that treaty includes an exception for crimes of a political nature.

The 29-year-old former intelligence analyst flew to Hong Kong last month, having been in contact with journalists at The Washington Post and The Guardian newspapers regarding a series of highly classified documents regarding a massive electronic surveillance program run by the US National Security Agency that he had acquired and intended to leak.

Washington has now asked Hong Kong’s government to detain Snowden on a provisional arrest warrant, according to officials who spoke with the Post. Though the territory is considered a “semi-autonomous” region under Chinese sovereignty, it is unclear whether the matter will be handled solely by Hong Kong’s legal system with or without intervention from Beijing.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)

Espionage, really? Who didn't know the government was archiving our electronic communications?

Congress authorized this years ago, why are we surprised? Its not like the NSA or FBI would look at the awesome power congress just gave them to collect intelligence and then not take advantage of it!!!!
    Eppur si muove.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2108 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    It's all out of control.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Disgusting
    ​#Chuckstrong

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    What I find most interesting is the lack of comprehension of the American governmental system most people have. Every four years the presidential election draws the most voters, but every two years members of congress are elected and no one cares. Congress makes the laws! The president is more of a figurehead than anything. The people in the House and Senate control how life unfolds in America for everyone on a daily basis. People should be most interested in those elections.

What you get is the most partisan people (the people who have the strongest views) voting in the congressional elections and thus you have a congress that cant compromise on anything.

We need a third or fourth party to shake things up. Unfortunately, with the money spent on elections, you can't win without support of one of the two major parties. It makes me want to move.
    Eppur si muove.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    It's almost comical - another country (UK, cough cough) - is basically gloating that their capabilities are much much more powerful that ours. It's also a bit disturbing how they say to their trainees "have fun" - wtf? Click here to enlarge

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2013/ju...nsa?CMP=twt_gu

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2108 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    It's over with man, welcome to the new world order.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

No way China is going to give him up, I'm sure this guy knows the ins and outs of the government. The Chinese are probably going to give him what ever he asks for in return for some information. At this point I'm sure he doesn't even care, especially when his own government wants him dead.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Kind of funny how none of "We the people" actually would want this guy dead or harmed in any way. But the officials have absolutely no 2nd thoughts at all. Oh he went ahead and stole sensitive information, which they in turn stole from people who didn't know they were being watched. Can you steal something that was already stolen in the 1st place?

How's this sound. Skype had given the NSA a backdoor to their software as early as 2011: http://news.softpedia.com/news/Skype...T-362384.shtml

I never used it but I bet some people would like to take back some of the conversation they had with others with video included. What will they say to that $#@!: "But wait we're very professional, we only target terrorists"......like those body scanners at airports......with professionals at the helm.

And the last news on this Snowden guy is that he's no longer in Hong Kong, or in China, but in Russia. I wonder who is funding his "vacation" that he's had for more than a few months now.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2108 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Doesn't he get a jury of his peers? WTF is this $#@!?

The government looks draconian by seeking a death penalty. The people are pissed off and now you want to silence this guy? Wow.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2108 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

It's over with man, welcome to the new world order.
    Wait until State and local officials figure out how to get access to and use this data.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2108 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Looks like other countries are taking action on this
    http://www.cnn.com/2013/08/03/world/...html?hpt=wo_c2
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2108 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Good for them, this government is out of control.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2108 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I guess they are just spying no the whole planet. U.S. NSA spied on 60 million Spanish phone calls in a month: report

http://news.yahoo.com/u-nsa-spied-60...082941146.html

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)

The USA has it's own Stasi and it is called NSA.
    Only this version of the intelligence office is operating on a worldwide scale.
    I think it is unheard of why the USA politicians fail to see the big elephant in the room here.
    Spying on your allies is not considered good practice at all and now it's in the open it can really backfire at USA foreign politics and trade possibilities.
    Brazil, Germany, France and now Spain are demanding information about these spying actions of the USA.
    There are two theories to arguing with women. Neither one works

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2108 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DavidV Click here to enlarge
    The USA has it's own Stasi and it is called NSA.
    Only this version of the intelligence office is operating on a worldwide scale.
    I think it is unheard of why the USA politicians fail to see the big elephant in the room here.
    Spying on your allies is not considered good practice at all and now it's in the open it can really backfire at USA foreign politics and trade possibilities.
    Brazil, Germany, France and now Spain are demanding information about these spying actions of the USA.
    We're not in charge of our government any longer. If you speak out against it, they'll use whatever they can now to silence/destroy you. They know all, see all. Liberty and freedom are dead.

Hopefully this scandal wakes everyone up and some real changes to limit government can take place.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    We're not in charge of our government any longer. If you speak out against it, they'll use whatever they can now to silence/destroy you. They know all, see all. Liberty and freedom are dead.

Hopefully this scandal wakes everyone up and some real changes to limit government can take place.
    Yep, the current state of things is pretty bad; I think people are (hopefully) starting to realize that our leadership is flawed regardless of the party. It's funny how we don't hear about anything regarding this stuff on the news anymore - are they are hoping we all forget? Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2108 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by inlineS54B32 Click here to enlarge
    Yep, the current state of things is pretty bad; I think people are (hopefully) starting to realize that our leadership is flawed regardless of the party. It's funny how we don't hear about anything regarding this stuff on the news anymore - are they are hoping we all forget? Click here to enlarge
    I just don't know what can be done. If you try to go against the regime you're done. They'll use the IRS, or NSA, or FBI, you're $#@!ed.

I really don't see how we are any better than all the secret police used in the 30's-40's by certain regimes. It can be argued that ours are far more expansive than theirs ever were.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I just don't know what can be done. If you try to go against the regime you're done. They'll use the IRS, or NSA, or FBI, you're $#@!ed.

I really don't see how we are any better than all the secret police used in the 30's-40's by certain regimes. It can be argued that ours are far more expansive than theirs ever were.
    Good point, that's the problem - what can be done/who will do it/etc...

It will take either a lot of people (majority of the country) to put their foot down and say enough, or one person with power to rewrite the books. I think we honestly are at the point where the majority is not happy with the way things are running behind the scenes, but the problem is actually doing something about it.

I am not calling for a civil war or anything like this, but am honestly curious how things like this (coups) happened in the past. Click here to enlarge

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast