Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

9 out of 9 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No

Chicago 1/2 mile Videos 335i vs 5.0 Mustang and Audi TT-S

Videos from the Saturday wannagofast.com event. This was a lot of fun and got to meet a bunch of cool guys and saw a ton of fast cars!

I have a few more videos I will try to get posted up shortly. My best race was obviously against the 5.0 car, I had him by a solid car... he was shocked. All runs started from about 30mph roll, my trap speeds were all in the 144 area best trap of the day was 144.4 from a roll. If I were to do a race from a dig im sure the trap speeds would have been slightly higher. Car was running very strong!

My Car:
    2008 335i E92 manual transmission
    JB4 G5 Iso/BMS Race Flash E60 mix
    VRSF Downpipes
    VRSF 7" Intercooler
    BMS DCI
    ETS charge pipe
    Walbro 455lpfp
    Cyba Scoops

Race 1:
    5.0 Mustang 6spd manual
    Tune/Intake/Exhaust (not sure what tune)
    Car ran 11.4 @ 117 according to the owner

Race 2:
    Audi TT-S APR Stage 2 Tune, APR Exhaust
    Click here to enlarge
    FBO's. Spec S2+. E85.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Nice videos! Thanks for posting them up. Looking forward to more if you have them.

-TZ
    09' M3 AA Gen 2 Level 2 S/C
    03' Viper Roadster- FBO
    10' X5M
    09' Cayenne GTS
    11' Jaguar XFR
    08' CLS63 AMG
    08' EVO X GSR- FBO
    13' F10 550i M Sport

Past:
    07' C6 Z06
    11' M3 Comp DCT
    10' C63 AMG
    10' SVT Raptor 6.2
    12' BOSS 302
    11' E92 335i
    09' C63 AMG -
    01' C5 Z06- White, FBO+Cam
    11' E92 335is- Sapp Blk
    08' E82 135i- Sapphire Blk
    10' Audi S5 6-Speed
    04' SVT Lightning
    08' E90 335i 6-Speed- Blk
    08' C63 AMG- Blk
    09' CTS-V Sedan- Blk Raven
    06' E60 M5 SMG
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Great job against the 5.0. Very close between you. Surprised nobody is here to say 117 is horrible and he needs a driver mod because an intake and tune 5.0 should run 200+ mile per hour traps, easy.

The TT-S wasn't even a run. You would need run a tuned TT-RS for it be somewhat interesting.

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Great job against the 5.0. Very close between you. Surprised nobody is here to say 117 is horrible and he needs a driver mod because an intake and tune 5.0 should run 200+ mile per hour traps, easy.

The TT-S wasn't even a run. You would need run a tuned TT-RS for it be somewhat interesting.
    I originally had thought the TT-S was an RS but after the race he cleared that up. I was expecting it to be alot closer than what it was.

I was also very surprised that I ran the 5.0 down and pulled on him at the end. On stock turbos none the less!
    Click here to enlarge
    FBO's. Spec S2+. E85.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rdeterman Click here to enlarge
    I was also very surprised that I ran the 5.0 down and pulled on him at the end. On stock turbos none the less!
    I'm not surprised.

Good quality video btw. Need more angles!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    ive got an in car view i will post up.. should have had it angled back more but still a cool video
    Click here to enlarge
    FBO's. Spec S2+. E85.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    In car view vs 5.0 i was a little jacked up at the end haha
    Click here to enlarge
    FBO's. Spec S2+. E85.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)

In car view vs 5.0 i was a little jacked up at the end haha
    I'm assuming you won, terrible camera angle Click here to enlarge
    2010 e92 M3 Jet Black | DCT | ESS Tuned | Akrapovic Slip-on | Challenge X-pipe | AFE Intake | 18" Volk TE37SL | KW V3 Coilovers | RPI Scoops | Under Drive Pulley

2007 e92 Mont. Blue 335i | 6MT | COBB Tuned | Quaife 3.46 LSD | Helix FMIC | AA DPs | HKS Exhaust | DCI | Stett CP w/ Forged DVs | KWv2 Coilovers | UUC Sway Bars & SSK | HPF Stg 2 Clutch | HFS-4 | M3 Suspension Bits | DEFIVfab Diff Lockdown Kit | Stoptech Trophy BBK

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by nafoo Click here to enlarge
    [FONT=Verdana]

I'm assuming you won, terrible camera angle Click here to enlarge

yes see 1st video in first post for better view
    Click here to enlarge
    FBO's. Spec S2+. E85.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    yes see 1st video in first post for better view
    I'm a noob. Nice kill!
    2010 e92 M3 Jet Black | DCT | ESS Tuned | Akrapovic Slip-on | Challenge X-pipe | AFE Intake | 18" Volk TE37SL | KW V3 Coilovers | RPI Scoops | Under Drive Pulley

2007 e92 Mont. Blue 335i | 6MT | COBB Tuned | Quaife 3.46 LSD | Helix FMIC | AA DPs | HKS Exhaust | DCI | Stett CP w/ Forged DVs | KWv2 Coilovers | UUC Sway Bars & SSK | HPF Stg 2 Clutch | HFS-4 | M3 Suspension Bits | DEFIVfab Diff Lockdown Kit | Stoptech Trophy BBK

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Here is another race. 2009 GT500 Tune/Pulley/Exhaust. He jumped me out of the hole and i never recovered. He had me by a car but i was coming on strong. I ended up trapping 2mph higher than him.

Click here to enlarge
    FBO's. Spec S2+. E85.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Here is another race. 2009 GT500 Tune/Pulley/Exhaust. He jumped me out of the hole and i never recovered. He had me by a car but i was coming on strong. I ended up trapping 2mph higher than him.

http://youtu.be/5Dcov_BAYU0
    Looks like he got a jump on you there but you did well. Need another angle on that one looks like he was stronger up top though.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Looks like he got a jump on you there but you did well. Need another angle on that one looks like he was stronger up top though.
    He obviously had more hp than me, but i was hoping my weight advantage would close the gap.. if we would have got off at the same time it would have been close. And i wish i would have adjusted the gopro better... live and learn i guess
    Click here to enlarge
    FBO's. Spec S2+. E85.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    He obviously had more hp than me, but i was hoping my weight advantage would close the gap.. if we would have got off at the same time it would have been close. And i wish i would have adjusted the gopro better... live and learn i guess
    Solution is two go pros!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Solution is two go pros!
    haha.. actually i did have 2.. one i forgot to turn on Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    FBO's. Spec S2+. E85.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    haha.. actually i did have 2.. one i forgot to turn on Click here to enlarge
    You have to get that wireless on/off remote thing.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    179 Post(s)

Nice vids man, your car did great vs the 5.0 that is awesome.

Just wondering, did any of you bimmer guys or friends run the white cobalt SS that was there? That's my buddy with the 600whp cobalt SS. He trapped 159 he said in the half. I saw a few videos with him vs the supra.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by fastgti69 Click here to enlarge
    Nice vids man, your car did great vs the 5.0 that is awesome.

Just wondering, did any of you bimmer guys or friends run the white cobalt SS that was there? That's my buddy with the 600whp cobalt SS. He trapped 159 he said in the half. I saw a few videos with him vs the supra.
    I didn't line up against him, but it looked pretty damn fast.... glad I didn't!
    07 E92 335I | JB4 G5 ISO | BMS E85 Flash | DCI | BMS DPs | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCU Flash | Walbro GLS392 | E70 | 429rwhp/474rwtq

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    179 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by AWil335i Click here to enlarge
    I didn't line up against him, but it looked pretty damn fast.... glad I didn't!
    Haha I feel you brotha, at least he was there to represent.
    Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Haha I feel you brotha, at least he was there to represent.
    @fastgti69 Saw a cobalt SS at a car meet recently and it reminded me of you....It was a Red Cobalt SS and definitely had some work done....Hes part of the KROPS crew/scene out here in socal seen his car a few times (Keep racing off the streets or whatever)...Wish I couldve chatted it up with him to see what he had going on but he was nowhere to be found

To the OP great kill videos....Seems like a fun event...Great job representing stock turbo N54s!!
    PERFORMANCE: Cobb AP \ JB4 \ DCI \ AR Downpipes \ CX FMIC \ ER Chargepipe \ Synapse BOV \ KW V2 \ Muffler Delete \ CDV \ ZHP Shifter \ Cyba Scoops
    FUN: LC Lemans 19" \ M3 Front \ Mtech Rear \ JL 10W6 \ ModMyNav \ V1 Hardwired \ LUX H8 \ Gloss Black Trim \ Cyba Quads \ Cyba Mtech Diffuser

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    179 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rooringhusky Click here to enlarge
    @fastgti69 Saw a cobalt SS at a car meet recently and it reminded me of you....It was a Red Cobalt SS and definitely had some work done....Hes part of the KROPS crew/scene out here in socal seen his car a few times (Keep racing off the streets or whatever)...Wish I couldve chatted it up with him to see what he had going on but he was nowhere to be found

To the OP great kill videos....Seems like a fun event...Great job representing stock turbo N54s!!
    Yep, that's my buddy Michael. He has a lot of exterior modifications. His car looks very nice, definitely a special one.
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Yep, that's my buddy Michael. He has a lot of exterior modifications. His car looks very nice, definitely a special one.
    Figured you knew him! Click here to enlarge There can only be so many extreme Cobalt SS guys....pretty rare breed out there!

Now that I think about it I think I snapped crappy pic on my phone: Click here to enlarge

Sorry for threadjack! Last time
    PERFORMANCE: Cobb AP \ JB4 \ DCI \ AR Downpipes \ CX FMIC \ ER Chargepipe \ Synapse BOV \ KW V2 \ Muffler Delete \ CDV \ ZHP Shifter \ Cyba Scoops
    FUN: LC Lemans 19" \ M3 Front \ Mtech Rear \ JL 10W6 \ ModMyNav \ V1 Hardwired \ LUX H8 \ Gloss Black Trim \ Cyba Quads \ Cyba Mtech Diffuser

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    179 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Figured you knew him! Click here to enlarge There can only be so many extreme Cobalt SS guys....pretty rare breed out there!

Now that I think about it I think I snapped crappy pic on my phone: Click here to enlarge

Yea, sorry for the thread jack OP. That is him lol, pretty nice car, looks much cleaner than mine LOL.
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)

Hard to tell from this angle. But that thing is looking pretty ricey...Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
    Hard to tell from this angle. But that thing is looking pretty ricey...Click here to enlarge
    It's a cobalt man don't expect luxury sophistication.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast