Close

Results 1 to 20 of 20
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    120,254
    Rep Points
    32,701.1
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    328


    Yes Reputation No

    AMS Performance Alpha 9 Mercedes-Benz E63 AMG with M157 (63 bi-turbo) tune package with upgraded turbos runs 10.7@135.78 1/4 mile, 60-130 6.58

    Some great results here from AMS Peformance with an M157 equipped E63 AMG at the drag strip. This car has the preliminary Alpha 9 package from AMS which AMS has shown a dynograph of claiming 787 horsepower at the wheels which is more than any other tuner thus far on the M157 V8 platform. This package on the E63 AMG resulted in a 1/4 mile run of 10.786@135.78 and a 60 to 130 mile per hour sprint of 6.58 seconds.

    Click here to enlarge

    Now, 787 wheel horsepower is the most horsepower shown on the platform but this did not result in the quickest or fastest M157 1/4 mile which still belongs to Renntech with a 10.6@137. It is going to be interesting to see if AMS intend to hit the strip again after some tweaks. Additionally, would be great to see more details from AMS regarding their package.

    Video and 60-130 graph beow.

    Click here to enlarge

    Chrome Space Bar Issue: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...338#post738338


    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Encino,CA
    Posts
    8,096
    Rep Points
    5,888.4
    Mentioned
    182 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    59


    Yes Reputation No
    Wow, these things are getting mods from big names in the business. Looks good, can't say that's not one hell of a luxury sedan.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

    It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    1,032
    Rep Points
    57.3
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Ipressive Run, but there tap speed is less than that of Renntech. Which kind of proves my previous argument that they are not really making 787rwhp. I am really impressed tough with the VBOX 60-130 ET of 6.58. Amazing

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    164
    Rep Points
    118.3
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Good run. Are there any photos of those larger turbos?

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    1,070
    Rep Points
    0.5
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    They also have a project CLS63

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    120,254
    Rep Points
    32,701.1
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    328



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Jacob502 Click here to enlarge
    Which kind of proves my previous argument that they are not really making 787rwhp.
    I doubt 787 as well at least for this drag strip run.
    Chrome Space Bar Issue: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...338#post738338


    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    120,254
    Rep Points
    32,701.1
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    328



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Fast Lane Click here to enlarge
    Good run. Are there any photos of those larger turbos?
    Unfortunately, no.
    Chrome Space Bar Issue: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...338#post738338


    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    West Chicago, IL
    Posts
    60
    Rep Points
    310.2
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    3 out of 3 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    This package is still far from complete. The car does indeed make 787 whp but with the tune we had loaded into the car on that pass I would say closer to 740-750. The reason I say far from complete is because it had literally nothing but turbos on it. We still have to outfit it with a full exhaust and other supporting mods to see what it can really do. We will keep everyone posted. Don't be too worried about dyno numbers either. We wouldn't of made it this far as a company by lying to people Click here to enlarge

    Eric

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    120,254
    Rep Points
    32,701.1
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    328



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ALPHA Performance Click here to enlarge
    This package is still far from complete. The car does indeed make 787 whp but with the tune we had loaded into the car on that pass I would say closer to 740-750. The reason I say far from complete is because it had literally nothing but turbos on it. We still have to outfit it with a full exhaust and other supporting mods to see what it can really do. We will keep everyone posted. Don't be too worried about dyno numbers either. We wouldn't of made it this far as a company by lying to people Click here to enlarge

    Eric
    Trust me nobody is questioning AMS credibility here. Obviously this pass did not correlate with the dyno published so it nice to see AMS be up front and honest.
    Chrome Space Bar Issue: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...338#post738338


    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    1,121
    Rep Points
    965.2
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    10


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ALPHA Performance Click here to enlarge
    This package is still far from complete. The car does indeed make 787 whp but with the tune we had loaded into the car on that pass I would say closer to 740-750. The reason I say far from complete is because it had literally nothing but turbos on it. We still have to outfit it with a full exhaust and other supporting mods to see what it can really do. We will keep everyone posted. Don't be too worried about dyno numbers either. We wouldn't of made it this far as a company by lying to people Click here to enlarge

    Eric
    Great numbers !! Glad to see alpha getting into the benz scene ! I saw you guys released a c package for the c63 which consited of headers, exhaust, tune do you have any plans of adding boost to the m156/ c63 since alpha is all about big boost/power?

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    West Chicago, IL
    Posts
    60
    Rep Points
    310.2
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ezec63 Click here to enlarge
    Great numbers !! Glad to see alpha getting into the benz scene ! I saw you guys released a c package for the c63 which consited of headers, exhaust, tune do you have any plans of adding boost to the m156/ c63 since alpha is all about big boost/power?
    With the future of the C moving to a different motor I don't think we are going to do much more with the 6.2.

    Eric

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    120,254
    Rep Points
    32,701.1
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    328



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ALPHA Performance Click here to enlarge
    With the future of the C moving to a different motor I don't think we are going to do much more with the 6.2.

    Eric
    Logical.
    Chrome Space Bar Issue: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...338#post738338


    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    1,121
    Rep Points
    965.2
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    10


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Logical.
    NOT logical !!! Guys like weistec are still developing products for olders cars like the supercharged 55's. You know as was the case with the e46 m3 and many other cars it takes time for a platform to mature but its all good im sure weistec still has a few tricks up their sleeve.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    3,230
    Rep Points
    502.1
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    6


    0 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ezec63 Click here to enlarge
    NOT logical !!! Guys like weistec are still developing products for olders cars like the supercharged 55's. You know as was the case with the e46 m3 and many other cars it takes time for a platform to mature but its all good im sure weistec still has a few tricks up their sleeve.
    There really isn't a lot more you can do with the M156 to squeeze power out of it. Unless of course someone comes up with a turbo system that works. But the M156 is pretty limited in what you can do. Tune, Tune and headers or a supercharger. I know some people have fooled around with the heads and cams but they are few and far between.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    164
    Rep Points
    118.3
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LZH Click here to enlarge
    There really isn't a lot more you can do with the M156 to squeeze power out of it. Unless of course someone comes up with a turbo system that works. But the M156 is pretty limited in what you can do. Tune, Tune and headers or a supercharger. I know some people have fooled around with the heads and cams but they are few and far between.
    Excuse me, what???


    Your forgetting upgrading engine internals, Optimizing an Oil Free intake for better Octane, pulley upgrades, Airbox upgrades, lower intake upgrades, Heads, Cams, 82MM throttle Bodies, Larger injectors, colder range spark plugs, and I'm sure I missed some more.

    1000 whp sounds limited to you?


    Maybe you dont know. Didnt someone tell you that highest dyno numbers on an AMG came from the M156?

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    120,254
    Rep Points
    32,701.1
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    328



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Fast Lane Click here to enlarge
    Excuse me, what???


    Your forgetting upgrading engine internals, Optimizing an Oil Free intake for better Octane, pulley upgrades, Airbox upgrades, lower intake upgrades, Heads, Cams, 82MM throttle Bodies, Larger injectors, colder range spark plugs, and I'm sure I missed some more.

    1000 whp sounds limited to you?


    Maybe you dont know. Didnt someone tell you that highest dyno numbers on an AMG came from the M156?
    The M156 is plenty potent but the M157 being turbo by nature will likely allow it to exceed it. The M156 is incredible and with turbos would be the strongest Mercedes motor by far.
    Chrome Space Bar Issue: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...338#post738338


    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    3,230
    Rep Points
    502.1
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    6


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Fast Lane Click here to enlarge
    Excuse me, what???


    Your forgetting upgrading engine internals, Optimizing an Oil Free intake for better Octane, pulley upgrades, Airbox upgrades, lower intake upgrades, Heads, Cams, 82MM throttle Bodies, Larger injectors, colder range spark plugs, and I'm sure I missed some more.

    1000 whp sounds limited to you?


    Maybe you dont know. Didnt someone tell you that highest dyno numbers on an AMG came from the M156?
    Thanks for proving my point. It's all been done already and there isn't much more that can be done to the M156 to squeeze power out of it except for turbos which I already mentioned. Upgrading internals is only necessary for big boost blowers (which I already mentioned). Weistec air/oil separator doesn't give you any additional hp. I already mentioned heads and cams which very few people have done due to the tuning required for cams. The rest of the stuff you mentioned has already been done. That's the point I made, that the M156 has been around long enough and just about every aftermarket mod for it has been done - except for turbos.

    That's why tuners are now focusing on the M157.

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    164
    Rep Points
    118.3
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LZH Click here to enlarge
    Thanks for proving my point. It's all been done already and there isn't much more that can be done to the M156 to squeeze power out of it except for turbos which I already mentioned. Upgrading internals is only necessary for big boost blowers (which I already mentioned). Weistec air/oil separator doesn't give you any additional hp. I already mentioned heads and cams which very few people have done due to the tuning required for cams. The rest of the stuff you mentioned has already been done. That's the point I made, that the M156 has been around long enough and just about every aftermarket mod for it has been done - except for turbos.

    That's why tuners are now focusing on the M157.
    A little correction here, The M156 & M159 have been turbocharged by Brabus. On an ML63 and an SLS. Both cars are rolling somewhere in the Mid-East. There is also an SLS with TT from WorldMotorsports in the USA.


    Ok lets forget your "Limited" comment for a moment. How unlimited do you think the M157 can be?

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    120,254
    Rep Points
    32,701.1
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    328



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Fast Lane Click here to enlarge
    There is also an SLS with TT from WorldMotorsports in the USA.
    Never finished.
    Chrome Space Bar Issue: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...338#post738338


    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    3,230
    Rep Points
    502.1
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    6


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Fast Lane Click here to enlarge
    A little correction here, The M156 & M159 have been turbocharged by Brabus. On an ML63 and an SLS. Both cars are rolling somewhere in the Mid-East. There is also an SLS with TT from WorldMotorsports in the USA.


    Ok lets forget your "Limited" comment for a moment. How unlimited do you think the M157 can be?
    Brabus has very close ties with and gets alot of help from the factory. Just because they put turbos on a couple cars doesn't really amount to much in my opinion. Especially for the costs they charge. Point is, it's not affordable for the average person like a Weistc blower is.

    My limited comment was in reference to what ELSE can be done to the M156 since just about everything that can be done has already been done. Not the case with the M157 though but I assume we will soon see an M157 with built internals and huge turbos with 1000whp. It's only a matter of time.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •