Close

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SexiPYm3 Click here to enlarge
    1/4 times are a lot different than roll racing.. depending on car setup.
    I'll give you this that there is an aspect of this that is very true. However, usually trap speed will point to the faster roll on car.

This isn't the only video posted showing a stage 2 or even a stage 1 w/ e85 vs a supercharged e9x m3 fyi. Go search the web a bit.
    You are welcome to post them I try to keep apprised of everything but obviously can't see every video.

Good luck finding some turbo e46 guys to help you with your comparison. You aren't the only person that has owned both btw. But for now, I'll stick to my stance, turbo E46 M3s are the King right now.
    See I disagree as the E92 M3 has shown to be the more efficient platform that is better for drag racing. Just look at how it got into the 10's and at what power level versus the E46 m3.

I love the E46 m3 don't get me wrong I just think some of the turbo E46 M3 guys just don't know what they're talking about. No problem with that, I'll prove it.
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    I'll give you this that there is an aspect of this that is very true. However, usually trap speed will point to the faster roll on car.
    I guess this would go against the F10 M5s that are beating these Z06 cars right?!!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

I guess this would go against the F10 M5s that are beating these Z06 cars right?!!
    I'm not exactly convinced on that but this is a good example of a car that picks up more once moving (the M5) as it is heavy so the Z06's weight favors it from a stop tremendously. Still, the Z06 should beat it as we have seen videos of a C63 stock with the P31 package beating the M5 as well.
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

0 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    See I disagree as the E92 M3 has shown to be the more efficient platform that is better for drag racing. Just look at how it got into the 10's and at what power level versus the E46 m3.
    You like to refer to the E92 M3 hitting 10s vs the E46 M3. Its a secret that the E46 M3 is better at roll racing than 1/4. There's a video of a stg 1 w/ E85 beating a VF620 E92 M3. I'm pretty sure the E92 would have had a better trap speed if they were running the 1/4. But unfortunately, they weren't.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I'm not exactly convinced on that but this is a good example of a car that picks up more once moving (the M5) as it is heavy so the Z06's weight favors it from a stop tremendously. Still, the Z06 should beat it as we have seen videos of a C63 stock with the P31 package beating the M5 as well.
    And there are F10 M5s that have beaten P31 C63s. A F10 M5 that beats a z06 is not losing to a P31 C63.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

You like to refer to the E92 M3 hitting 10s vs the E46 M3. Its a secret that the E46 M3 is better at roll racing than 1/4. There's a video of a stg 1 w/ E85 beating a VF620 E92 M3. I'm pretty sure the E92 would have had a better trap speed if they were running the 1/4. But unfortunately, they weren't.
    Both cars will be better at roll racing by virtue of their top end design and the S65 revs higher.

I mean there is this video that shows the Stage 2 getting beat. The E92 M3 is stronger than people realize especially with DCT I'm not sure if the car you were referring to was.

And yes, the E92 M3 hit 10's faster and I think even before the E46 did and it did it with less power. It can hit 130 trap speeds with less power and torque that says a lot.

Like I said, I intend to revisit this topic with my own car and some more powerful E46 M3's. I think you may be pleasantly surprised.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Both cars will be better at roll racing by virtue of their top end design and the S65 revs higher.

I mean there is this video that shows the Stage 2 getting beat. The E92 M3 is stronger than people realize especially with DCT I'm not sure if the car you were referring to was.

And yes, the E92 M3 hit 10's faster and I think even before the E46 did and it did it with less power. It can hit 130 trap speeds with less power and torque that says a lot.

Like I said, I intend to revisit this topic with my own car and some more powerful E46 M3's. I think you may be pleasantly surprised.
    The E9x M3 may have the advantage on the jump bc most of the hpf guys don't pull as hard due to traction, but as long as the race doesn't end in 3 seconds, you'll see the hpf M3 walk right past you. These 800+ turbo M3s aren't going down to a supercharged e9x car. You need more power.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

The E9x M3 may have the advantage on the jump bc most of the hpf guys don't pull as hard due to traction, but as long as the race doesn't end in 3 seconds, you'll see the hpf M3 walk right past you. These 800+ turbo M3s aren't going down to a supercharged e9x car. You need more power.
    I'll remind you of this.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

The DCT makes a huge difference, especially when you've got Launch Control & don't have to worry about near perfect gear shifts. Line up 6MTs & it'd be a little more interesting.
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump

"The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by benzy89 Click here to enlarge
    The DCT makes a huge difference, especially when you've got Launch Control & don't have to worry about near perfect gear shifts. Line up 6MTs & it'd be a little more interesting.
    All that is great and all, but this video isn't a dig race, its a roll race. Launch control doesn't matter. And the all mighty dct is less of an advantage in roll racing vs 1/4 racing. It would make more of a difference if the race was very very close. Everyone loves talking about DCT like its going to make up a huge difference at these higher speeds. I've watched videos of hpf cars putting bus lengths on E9x M3s. DCT isn't changing that outcome. Now if the race is a matter of a car length distance, then yes, it would matter more. But like I said before, a stage 2 hpf car that has proper tuning and traction should pull on a stage 2 e9x m3 at the top of 4th gear.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

Agreed but you can't separate the DCT as part of the picture just like you can't with the GTR. It's a reality and an advantage.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

All that is great and all, but this video isn't a dig race, its a roll race. Launch control doesn't matter. And the all mighty dct is less of an advantage in roll racing vs 1/4 racing. It would make more of a difference if the race was very very close. Everyone loves talking about DCT like its going to make up a huge difference at these higher speeds. I've watched videos of hpf cars putting bus lengths on E9x M3s. DCT isn't changing that outcome. Now if the race is a matter of a car length distance, then yes, it would matter more. But like I said before, a stage 2 hpf car that has proper tuning and traction should pull on a stage 2 e9x m3 at the top of 4th gear.
    What are your specs on your car?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

What are your specs on your car?
    My specs?? I could be completely stock or maybe even stage 2.5. Not sure why that matters though. You had an invite to come to Jersey but you declined. So I'm not sure why you even care what I have.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

My specs?? I could be completely stock or maybe even stage 2.5. Not sure why that matters though. You had an invite to come to Jersey but you declined. So I'm not sure why you even care what I have.
    I'm just curious about your car, aren't you on a car forum? I don't see what Jersey has to do with anything and why would I go somewhere to race when my car isn't ready to do so? Makes no sense.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I'm just curious about your car, aren't you on a car forum? I don't see what Jersey has to do with anything and why would I go somewhere to race when my car isn't ready to do so? Makes no sense.
    Yes I have a car, an e92, an e46 and hidden in a garage is a 300zx. There, you now know what I have. I simply mentioned the comment about Jersey because I thought maybe your interest in my specs could be because you'd like to personally find out. But no worries, my misunderstanding. And there are a bunch of guys on car forums that have no cars btw.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

Yes I have a car, an e92, an e46 and hidden in a garage is a 300zx. There, you now know what I have. I simply mentioned the comment about Jersey because I thought maybe your interest in my specs could be because you'd like to personally find out. But no worries, my misunderstanding. And there are a bunch of guys on car forums that have no cars btw.
    I don't even know where you live, how would I?

Yes but you are in particular are interested in a niche that I would assume you have a vehicle pertaining to. Hence the question.

Regardless, what are the specs on your E46?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    All that is great and all, but this video isn't a dig race, its a roll race. Launch control doesn't matter. And the all mighty dct is less of an advantage in roll racing vs 1/4 racing.
    The DCT is going to have some impact, especially because this is a centri supercharged car where boost increases with RPMs. Because the DCT gearing is shorter, it's going to put the RPMs post shift a little higher (vs. a 6MT), thus keeping boost up & near the peak power in each gear.

An HPF Stage 2 makes somewhere between 518 HP (91 octane) and 731 (110 octane), it will easily make more power on E85 like you mentioned but this specific video is showcasing an unknown octane + meth. The AA Stage 3 is producing 700 HP, and while the E92 is heavier, the DCT's superior gearing gives it the 1-3 car edge.

Still not so sure what's difficult to believe about this Click here to enlarge We're looking at this specific comparison, but without a doubt there are several E46 M3s that are much faster than the fastest E9x M3s (whether that's Drew's/Izzy's VT3 or the Gintani YSI cars)

"The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

but without a doubt there are several E46 M3s that are much faster than the fastest E9x M3s (whether that's Drew's/Izzy's VT3 or the Gintani YSI cars)
    The VT3's are weak I wouldn't even bother talking about them when discussing built motor applications. Non-factor.

We'll have to see on how the YSI stacks up to the big boys.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

We'll have to see on how the YSI stacks up to the big boys.
    Click here to enlarge Since I assume the shop M3 that used to have the YSI (the one tightie ran in the video) is now being used for the Gintani TT testing, do you know if there are any YSI equipped (customer) cars running around?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Since I assume the shop M3 that used to have the YSI (the one tightie ran in the video) is now being used for the Gintani TT testing, do you know if there are any YSI equipped (customer) cars running around?
    I don't know of anybody.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Still not so sure what's difficult to believe about this Click here to enlarge We're looking at this specific comparison
    I am only stating that the video isn't the best... If the E46 does indeed have more power, it should not lose as long as the race goes the distance. They are in gears longer at higher speeds where the hpf car should walk away. For all we know, the hpf could have had major traction issues. But it is what it is. There are other factors that matter when these cars are making big power.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

without a doubt there are several E46 M3s that are much faster than the fastest E9x M3s (whether that's Drew's/Izzy's VT3 or the Gintani YSI cars)
    You sir are correct. Sticky doesn't think so. But if his car is ever ready, there's a guy that Sticky previously called out and trash talked, that makes 800+ whp in his e46 m3 and he has a buddy that also makes 800+ whp.... Their cars are dialed in correctly and don't have many traction issues.... They would easily walk away from the fastest supercharged E9x M3, if that is indeed Sticky.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Regardless, what are the specs on your E46?
    I have a "stock motor" e46 M3!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

You sir are correct. Sticky doesn't think so. But if his car is ever ready, there's a guy that Sticky previously called out and trash talked, that makes 800+ whp in his e46 m3 and he has a buddy that also makes 800+ whp.... Their cars are dialed in correctly and don't have many traction issues.... They would easily walk away from the fastest supercharged E9x M3, if that is indeed Sticky.
    Somebody's gotta get Marcus to come out with his Saad Racing/ProEFI Turbo E46 M3. The most recent dyno video says it's at 834 RWHP/ 629 WTQ at 18psi

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Somebody's gotta get Marcus to come out with his Saad Racing/ProEFI Turbo E46 M3. The most recent dyno video says it's at 834 RWHP/ 629 WTQ at 18psi

http://youtu.be/gHbN52lZsXk
    Marcus' car can beat on any supercharged e9x m3... And he isn't even the fastest e46. But Sadly, a race with him and @Sticky would probably never happen unless Sticky made his way to a track that Marcus was at.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast