Thread: Not vendors here, but they need to be... BavAuto, Turner, and Bimmerworld

StinkyM is offline BMW CCA
    day

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No

Not vendors here, but they need to be... BavAuto, Turner, and Bimmerworld

So this past weekend I ordered some parts. About $1500 worth of bushings and a few other things. I obviously did my shopping for the best prices. 9 times out of 10 I order from only either BimmerWorld or Turner. Both have excellent customer service and I have never had a problem with either. However, as I said I went shopping for the best prices. BavAuto has a great selection of parts to choose from so I ordered a few things through them and whatever I could not find I used Bimmerworld and Turner for. Had to justify using my two favorite BMW parts distributors. So, I ended up making the purchases and immediately recieved all confirmations within a matter of minutes. No issues, no worries, period. Mind you, by ordering from BavAuto I saved myself a whopping $50 on the shifter. Cool story.

However, with BavAuto, I read in their email that if you're using a different shipping address the part would not be ordered. I figured ok, so I will just call them to clarify the situation. I'm in Korea, my car is in South Carolina in a storage facility, and the shipping address is in NJ. Quite a different situation than most are used to but, I'm in the military so it's easily explainable. Low and behold, I don't even need to explain the situation. I get off of work and just before bed have an email from BavAuto since now they are open, confirming the address. So, I make the call and clear everything up. The sales rep wasn't the easiest to deal with but I am an incredibly patient person and don't care to raise my voice or act unappropriate. So, at this time, he tells me that some of the parts I ordered are on backorder. At this point, I am like, well, I don't have the time to wait, so let's just cancel them. No worries he cancels the parts. So, now I am waiting for that to go through but I am still seeing the original price I paid for everything. As I said earlier, I am incredibly patient when it comes to these things. I don't want to act in disregard because in the end, it will not get me what I need or want. Anyways, so I am pretty satisfied with BavAuto for the most part.

So later last night, I ended up reordering some bushings from Bimmerworld and my UUC shifter from Turner. Here's what I love about Turner. Turner usually keeps a fair amount of stock in parts. Love it. I double checked to make sure they had parts in stock before I ordered them this time. Cool, my parts are in stock, and my shifter is as well. Awesome. ORDERED!!!! Excellent customer service, excellent everything. Man just makes everything so easy. Not to mention when you're ordering the parts, in the end they ask you to verify your car model and year to insure you're purchasing the right parts. Really love Turner for this. I am a lifelong customer for Turner. Granted I spent an extra $50 on the shifter. Doesn't bother me one bit. Turner is top notch when it comes to sales and service. I almost want to call them today and ask the first sales rep just how his day is going.

Bimmerworld. These guys are hands down the best people on Earth to deal with. Everytime I call there's an answer. Every email, answer. I swear, if I sailed a note in a bottle across the Pacific Bimmerworld would find a way to respond. Their customer service is incredibly top notch. Not only that, but their website is incredibly informational, easy to use, and incredibly personalized. I feel obligated to purchase something from Bimmerworld everytime I'm on that website. There's always something new. I hope my UUC shifter does have problems (kidding) just so I can order the Bimmerworld shifter and be even happier. But seriously, buy one time from Bimmerworld. Always have an incredible stock, always, always, are courtieous and quick to ship your parts. Hands down excellent.

All in all, I hope these reviews help each and every one of you become a believer. I hope you understand that sometimes you will run into issues but you have to be as positive and understanding as possible.

Oh and before I forget, it's only been a day and I have shipping confirmation from both Bimmerworld and Turner. James Clay himself wrote me an email 10 minutes after I purchased the parts to thank me as a customer. Incredibly impressive. The owner took time out of his busy schedule to write me an email. Bimmerworld and Turner are incredibly top notch as is their quality and do not hessitate for one second to not purchase a part from either. BavAuto I am not on the fence or anything with them, but I'd call to make sure they have the part in stock first.

06 M3 ZCP: RPI Scoops, AFe Stage 2 Intake, Power Flex Urenthane Bushings, Shark Injector, VAC Ultra Light UDP's, Turner Solid Diff Bushing, UUC Evo 3, and BAV Auto CDV mod

E46 M3 links:

E46 M3 wheel/tire fitment guide

Race Tires!!!

Evolve Tune+Alpha N+Euro Header Dyno, +46 rwhp

Sticky is offline Regular User

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1437 Post(s)

Trust me, I'd love to have everyone you just selected here. In due time, in due time.

We're making headway Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Twinturbom3
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You look like a retarded teenager discovering internet.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

I couldn't disagree with anything you wrote about any of the vendors mentioned here. BW and TMS have taken care of me for 5+ years, but have little experience with BavAuto. James at BW switched my order when I incorrectly ordered the "late" model rod bolts from their website and dropped a private note in the box. Pretty sweet service!

I would like to add VAC Motorsports to a top vendor list and am glad to see they are a vendor here.

Even when their DDoS was getting attacked this winter (no email receipt or returns, website orders failing etc), Steve B. kept me in the loop via phone on a myriad of parts I had ordered totaling just under $5000 (Schrick cams, DLC followers, various valvetrain parts, ITBs, head gasket kit, UDPs, bearings etc). Between two different "verified" home addresses for our family in two different states, a machine shop address where my head was located, and a car located miles away every part arrived where it was supposed to and when it was supposed to - to all 3 addresses.

I was very impressed.

day

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by MisterEm Click here to enlarge
    I couldn't disagree with anything you wrote about any of the vendors mentioned here. BW and TMS have taken care of me for 5+ years, but have little experience with BavAuto. James at BW switched my order when I incorrectly ordered the "late" model rod bolts from their website and dropped a private note in the box. Pretty sweet service!

I would like to add VAC Motorsports to a top vendor list and am glad to see they are a vendor here.

Even when their DDoS was getting attacked this winter (no email receipt or returns, website orders failing etc), Steve B. kept me in the loop via phone on a myriad of parts I had ordered totaling just under $5000 (Schrick cams, DLC followers, various valvetrain parts, ITBs, head gasket kit, UDPs, bearings etc). Between two different "verified" home addresses for our family in two different states, a machine shop address where my head was located, and a car located miles away every part arrived where it was supposed to and when it was supposed to - to all 3 addresses.

I was very impressed.
    I agree with you on VAC. I have their UDP's on my E46 and the quality is really really good. However, I gave them a call asking for a quote on some parts install and they said they would emal me back. This was 2 months ago. A few days later, maybe a week later, I pm'd Mike here and he said the same thing. I will get back to you, and still never did. Sucks because they are pretty close to my parents house and I've always been a fan of their products and customer service. It's whatever though, their products are still well built. I would like my quote to be responded to though at some point in time.

06 M3 ZCP: RPI Scoops, AFe Stage 2 Intake, Power Flex Urenthane Bushings, Shark Injector, VAC Ultra Light UDP's, Turner Solid Diff Bushing, UUC Evo 3, and BAV Auto CDV mod

E46 M3 links:

Race Tires!!!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

Excellent review. I dont deal with bavauto much. TMS and BW on the other hand get a lot of business through us and have been for the last 8 years, especially TMS.
    Click here to enlarge

EURO 04 M3 Current Mods: GC DAs, Eibach Sways, PF RTAB's, RE RCAs, INTRAVEE II + KCA-420i, Black Roundels, ///MFEST Badges, Depo's, Screen protector for NAV display, VCSL Bumper + Race Lip & CF Trunk & CF Rear Diffusor, DIETZ TV in Motion, SS= V1 Headers + catless pipes + X-Pipe + SS Sport Exhaust, Z8 Starter Button, Lamin-X, OEM CSL interior, OEM CSL Steering, OEM CSL Intake, OEM CSL Roof, EVOLVE Alpha-N Tune, BBS CH's, 3K AE's/Low Beams, LIGHTWERKZ, 355mm ST40 BBK, BW Oil Cooler....

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by StinkyM Click here to enlarge
    I agree with you on VAC. I have their UDP's on my E46 and the quality is really really good. However, I gave them a call asking for a quote on some parts install and they said they would emal me back. This was 2 months ago. A few days later, maybe a week later, I pm'd Mike here and he said the same thing. I will get back to you, and still never did. Sucks because they are pretty close to my parents house and I've always been a fan of their products and customer service. It's whatever though, their products are still well built. I would like my quote to be responded to though at some point in time.
    I prefer to use the phone and email for invoices and other documents. Maybe that is why my experience is different? Who know's...

If you know Mike's extension at VAC (I don't) give that a buzz and leave a message. Steve@vac's extension is #13. He usually answers his phone or returns my call quickly.

day

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by MisterEm Click here to enlarge
    I prefer to use the phone and email for invoices and other documents. Maybe that is why my experience is different? Who know's...

If you know Mike's extension at VAC (I don't) give that a buzz and leave a message. Steve@vac's extension is #13. He usually answers his phone or returns my call quickly.
    Perhaps. I've tried every way possible to contact them. They respond initially but never follow up. I'm not worried about it. My car doesn't have to go to their shop.

E46 M3 links:

Race Tires!!!

day

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Some follow up. My parts from turner have arrived already. Ridiculously awesome.

E46 M3 links:

Race Tires!!!

Sticky is offline Regular User

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1437 Post(s)

Some follow up. My parts from turner have arrived already. Ridiculously awesome.
    Fast... nice!
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Twinturbom3
    You look like a retarded teenager discovering internet.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

i went up to their shop last week!! Click here to enlarge their labor price also isnt bad either, less than the dealer too.
    bavauto is also pretty close but ive never been up there...cant believe the biggest shops all happen to be close by and not in cali lol
    m3