Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 26 to 38 of 38
  1. #26
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,454
    Rep Points
    32,149.8
    Mentioned
    2108 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by nawlinstornado Click here to enlarge
    I got a referral off of MBWorld for MTech in Wilmington, DE (about 2 hours away). After talking to John, finding some online reviews, etc., I've decided to have them do the install. Everything he said lines up with what both Kleemann and Quaife have said, and his hourly rate is reasonable.

    Thanks for the help, @Sticky.
    My pleasure man let us know how it goes.

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  2. #27
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Hawaii/Texas (business)
    Posts
    137
    Rep Points
    134.1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    2


    Yes Reputation No
    Best of luck with your install.
    I'd do an install too, but got sidetracked with a pending move and a vacation home.

  3. #28
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    76
    Rep Points
    287.8
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    3


    Yes Reputation No
    Please keep us updated with your mods... interesting threads.

  4. #29
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Arlington, VA
    Posts
    169
    Rep Points
    142.6
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    2



    Yes Reputation No
    WOO HOO! The diff shipped today! I'm starting to get a little excited. They emailed the tracking information along with installation instructions and it looks so easy..... I'm almost tempted to go ahead and do the install myself. But I think the Mrs. might be upset if I used one our kitchen pots to heat up the crownwheel.

    Anyone order a diff from Bird's before? If so, how long did it take to get through customs and into your hands?

  5. #30
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,454
    Rep Points
    32,149.8
    Mentioned
    2108 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322


    Yes Reputation No
    Probably best to get it installed by a professional although cool to see you want to tackle it.

    Never shipped with Brid's, guessing they gave you tracking info of course though right?

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  6. #31
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Arlington, VA
    Posts
    169
    Rep Points
    142.6
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    2



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Probably get to get it installed by a professional although cool to see you want to tackle it.
    Doing it myself wouldn't be a problem if I was still in my old house in New Orleans. But I don't have the same space (like the three-car garage) or amenities (engine hoists hydraulic lift, tool sets) now that I live in Northern VA. Why did I move here? I'm having trouble remembering now.

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Never shipped with Brid's, guessing they gave you tracking info of course though right?
    Yep, and I've tracked the package to the shipping hub, but they aren't giving an expected delivery date. I assume this is due to the uncertainty introduced by the US' efficient and predictable customs process. *sigh*

  7. #32
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Arlington, VA
    Posts
    169
    Rep Points
    142.6
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    2



    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Quaife diff arrived Friday while I was out of town, but here's a pic:

    Click here to enlarge

    This thing is stout! And they included two factory MB seals in the package. I'm impressed with everything except the packaging - it apparently got a little wet in shipping and the box was somewhat damaged. The diff looks fine, though, so I'll be calling MTech tomorrow to schedule the installation. More to follow.

  8. #33
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    76
    Rep Points
    287.8
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    3


    Yes Reputation No
    Good luck... keep us posted!

  9. #34
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Arlington, VA
    Posts
    169
    Rep Points
    142.6
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    2



    Yes Reputation No
    Keeping you posted...

    I just heard from M-Tech. They are declining to do the install and recommend I find a reputable specialist. I thought they were a reputable specialist! Talk about frustrating... I have a diff and no installer. If anyone has a shop that they feel is "reputable" and within a couple-hours drive of DC, please let me know.

  10. #35
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,454
    Rep Points
    32,149.8
    Mentioned
    2108 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by nawlinstornado Click here to enlarge
    Quaife diff arrived Friday while I was out of town, but here's a pic:

    Click here to enlarge

    This thing is stout! And they included two factory MB seals in the package. I'm impressed with everything except the packaging - it apparently got a little wet in shipping and the box was somewhat damaged. The diff looks fine, though, so I'll be calling MTech tomorrow to schedule the installation. More to follow.
    Box doesn't matter but nice you got it in. Can't wait to see your impressions once it's in.

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  11. #36
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,454
    Rep Points
    32,149.8
    Mentioned
    2108 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by nawlinstornado Click here to enlarge
    Keeping you posted...

    I just heard from M-Tech. They are declining to do the install and recommend I find a reputable specialist. I thought they were a reputable specialist! Talk about frustrating... I have a diff and no installer. If anyone has a shop that they feel is "reputable" and within a couple-hours drive of DC, please let me know.
    That's somewhat amusing.

    Man, I need to set up a shop directory you can search by zip code.

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  12. #37
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Arlington, VA
    Posts
    169
    Rep Points
    142.6
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    2



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Man, I need to set up a shop directory you can search by zip code.
    PLEASE!!!!

  13. #38
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,454
    Rep Points
    32,149.8
    Mentioned
    2108 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by nawlinstornado Click here to enlarge
    PLEASE!!!!
    @nawlinstornado it needs to be custom programmed as it does not exist so it would take me a lot of money plus time debugging and integrating. It will come, definitely, but I literally need to put aside thousands to do it the way I have it pictured in my head.

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •