Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 51
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    3,230
    Rep Points
    502.1
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    6


    1 out of 3 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No

    Throttle Bliping for the M156

    I've said all along this is the only thing the CLK Black Series is missing. I know one guy had MKB do it but it required shipping them your entire trans for hardware and software changes.
    Seems like now someone else has been able to do it in Germany and they are claiming only TCU and ECU software changes - or, if they have the car it can be done via OBD II.


  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,125
    Rep Points
    31,300.6
    Mentioned
    2055 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    314


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Man you've been trying to get this forever I'm amazed nobody has been able to tackle it.
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    3,230
    Rep Points
    502.1
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    6



    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Man you've been trying to get this forever I'm amazed nobody has been able to tackle it.
    I've spoken to both
    @Weistec, @Jake@Eurocharged.com

    Mike at Weistec says they have a good idea of how it's done and I have no doubt they can do it if they had the time. But that's the problem...as Mike put it to me, "Not enough hours in the day". Which I totally understand cause this would be a mod that not many people would want since there were only a few model years of the M156 with the NON Speedshift Plus, which has the throttle blip.

    C'mon @Weistec, make this happen of your gonna have to pull my trans valve body for the third time so I can send it with the ECU to Germany.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,125
    Rep Points
    31,300.6
    Mentioned
    2055 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    314


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LZH Click here to enlarge
    I've spoken to both
    @Weistec , @Jake@Eurocharged.com

    Mike at Weistec says they have a good idea of how it's done and I have no doubt they can do it if they had the time. But that's the problem...as Mike put it to me, "Not enough hours in the day". Which I totally understand cause this would be a mod that not many people would want since there were only a few model years of the M156 with the NON Speedshift Plus, which has the throttle blip.

    C'mon @Weistec , make this happen of your gonna have to pull my trans valve body for the third time so I can send it with the ECU to Germany.
    In all honesty Luke, you can make it happen if you throw enough money at them but is it really worth it to you? If not, you'll have to wait.
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    3,230
    Rep Points
    502.1
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    6



    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    In all honesty Luke, you can make it happen if you throw enough money at them but is it really worth it to you? If not, you'll have to wait.

    Have to decide if I want to keep the car or trade it for an MP4. Drove one recently and it was amazing. Made the Black Series feel like a Nova SS LOL.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,125
    Rep Points
    31,300.6
    Mentioned
    2055 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    314


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LZH Click here to enlarge
    Have to decide if I want to keep the car or trade it for an MP4. Drove one recently and it was amazing. Made the Black Series feel like a Nova SS LOL.
    MP4, why bother with anything else?
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,125
    Rep Points
    31,300.6
    Mentioned
    2055 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    314


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LZH Click here to enlarge
    Have to decide if I want to keep the car or trade it for an MP4. Drove one recently and it was amazing. Made the Black Series feel like a Nova SS LOL.
    Plus I registered McLarenBoost.com so now you have to go for it...
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    3,230
    Rep Points
    502.1
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    6



    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    MP4, why bother with anything else?
    Decisions decisions....

  9. #9
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    27
    Rep Points
    98.0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    1 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Ma95araa!!!
    Click here to enlarge
    MB SLS AMG PP-Performance Stage.2
    612 HP / 710 Nm'
    0-100 3.4
    100-200 6.8
    1/4 mile 11.41@204 Km/h
    1/4 mile*before recent upgrades


  10. #10
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    1,069
    Rep Points
    0.5
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    3 out of 3 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by GhanemMBN Click here to enlarge
    Ma95araa!!!
    hahahaha. Exactley!

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    3,230
    Rep Points
    502.1
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    6



    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by GhanemMBN Click here to enlarge
    Ma95araa!!!
    ?

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    358
    Rep Points
    0.1
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    6 out of 9 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Seriously,

    I mean no offense, but Who gives a rat's ass about throttle blipping?

    People are installing kompressors, building their transmissions, and upgrading their internals and your searching for someone that can provide throttle blipping?? Click here to enlarge

    Sorry, but can someone tell me what benefit comes from this?

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    358
    Rep Points
    0.1
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    5 out of 5 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by GhanemMBN Click here to enlarge
    Ma95araa!!!
    ahahah. ee walla

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    La Quinta
    Posts
    30
    Rep Points
    69.2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Throttle blipping to match revs on downshift minimizes upsetting the car in corners. Similar to properly double clutching a manual with heel / toe technique. I didn't think it mattered with a torque convertor, but it does. Especially on modded transmissions with more abrupt shifts.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    1,369
    Rep Points
    794.0
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    8


    1 out of 5 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 63Master Click here to enlarge
    Seriously,

    I mean no offense, but Who gives a rat's ass about throttle blipping?

    People are installing kompressors, building their transmissions, and upgrading their internals and your searching for someone that can provide throttle blipping?? Click here to enlarge

    Sorry, but can someone tell me what benefit comes from this?
    You have obviously never road raced.
    Click here to enlarge

    I will quit being rude if you quit being stupid.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,125
    Rep Points
    31,300.6
    Mentioned
    2055 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    314


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by nielsll Click here to enlarge
    Throttle blipping to match revs on downshift minimizes upsetting the car in corners. Similar to properly double clutching a manual with heel / toe technique. I didn't think it mattered with a torque convertor, but it does. Especially on modded transmissions with more abrupt shifts.
    Exactly, thank you.
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    65
    Rep Points
    154.7
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    2


    2 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Are you searching for an oem solution such as through programming only? If not then i would think something like a sprint booster that modifies the throttle pedal signal could be configured to sense the downshift signal from the tcu and then automatically "blip" the throttle for you by changing the pedal signal that the ecu sees. Its kind of a band aid like a piggy back, but it seems like it could be a pretty decent solution

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    358
    Rep Points
    0.1
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    4 out of 7 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ecampbell Click here to enlarge
    You have obviously never road raced.
    I don't need throttle blipping to road race!


    btw, did you tap 9seconda yet, or at least Weistec since you don't run your own car at the drag!

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Naperville, IL
    Posts
    2,792
    Rep Points
    258.1
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    3


    3 out of 8 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No

    This post by JRCART is hidden due to excessive negative ratings. Click expand to view the post.


    Click here to enlarge

    1000+WHP WEISTEC 2008 CLK63 Black Series
    790WHP WEISTEC 2012 C63 Black Series
    725WHP WEISTEC 2014 SLS Black Series

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,125
    Rep Points
    31,300.6
    Mentioned
    2055 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    314


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 63Master Click here to enlarge
    I don't need throttle blipping to road race!


    btw, did you tap 9seconda yet, or at least Weistec since you don't run your own car at the drag!
    Quit hating...

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    358
    Rep Points
    0.1
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    5 out of 7 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by JRCART Click here to enlarge
    Seriously right back at you....

    No offense, but that is probably one of the top ten dumbest forum comments of all time.
    Hahahaha. No offense bro, but spending more than 300k and not even entering the 9 second barrier is pretty damn DUMB in my book. Again, no offense.

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    358
    Rep Points
    0.1
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    4 out of 4 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Quit hating...
    Hate what?

    I don't hate anybody

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,125
    Rep Points
    31,300.6
    Mentioned
    2055 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    314


    3 out of 3 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 63Master Click here to enlarge
    Hahahaha. No offense bro, but spending more than 300k and not even entering the 9 second barrier is pretty damn DUMB in my book. Again, no offense.
    Take a walk.

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    3,230
    Rep Points
    502.1
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    6



    0 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Take a walk.
    Thank you. $#@!ing guy is such an idiot. It's like asking why do you heel toe downshift in a manual car? Because, as previously mentioned, without rev matched downshiftsnit unsettles the car upon turn in. Why do you think F1 cars all do it and every other road race car in the world??? Idiotic question.....
    and even when you don't need to brake for a corner but just downshift it's even more important to rev match the downshift to engine brake and not unsettle the chassis.

    @63Master - did I adequately answer your condescending question?? LOL - you have plenty of time to think about it.

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,125
    Rep Points
    31,300.6
    Mentioned
    2055 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    314


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LZH Click here to enlarge
    Thank you. $#@!ing guy is such an idiot. It's like asking why do you heel toe downshift in a manual car? Because, as previously mentioned, without rev matched downshiftsnit unsettles the car upon turn in. Why do you think F1 cars all do it and every other road race car in the world??? Idiotic question.....
    and even when you don't need to brake for a corner but just downshift it's even more important to rev match the downshift to engine brake and not unsettle the chassis.

    @63Master - did I adequately answer your condescending question?? LOL - you have plenty of time to think about it.
    To avoid any of these issues in the future I'm going to make it so if a person has someone on their ignore list that person can not post in their threads. I will strongly suggest using the ignore system.
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •