Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

A breakdown of my planned C63 mods, opinions welcome

Click here to enlarge

With the motor I am going for the Weistec Stage 2 kit. I am still considering doing the heads but have not decided on it yet. For a exhaust system I am probably going to go with the Innotech system with the valves to try keep the car quieter at certain times. My concern is that their branches are not true LTH and the collector is only 2.75inches. Dont really know what kind of peak power loss this will cause?
    The outside of the car will get the Renntech rear arches only. I am planning to go with the Forgestar F14 wheels in piano black. 11X18 in the back and 19's in the front. This should sort the traction out quite a bit.
    In regard to the suspension the car has the P30 Performance pack so am going to stay stock for now. I would like to get a Bilstein Kit eventually that has the various stages of ride to try make the daily driving more comfortable.
    Any comments and suggestions will be appreciated.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

Moved to M156 as it will get you a better response on your planned engine mods.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by George Smooth Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

With the motor I am going for the Weistec Stage 2 kit. I am still considering doing the heads but have not decided on it yet. For a exhaust system I am probably going to go with the Innotech system with the valves to try keep the car quieter at certain times. My concern is that their branches are not true LTH and the collector is only 2.75inches. Dont really know what kind of peak power loss this will cause?
    The outside of the car will get the Renntech rear arches only. I am planning to go with the Forgestar F14 wheels in piano black. 11X18 in the back and 19's in the front. This should sort the traction out quite a bit.
    In regard to the suspension the car has the P30 Performance pack so am going to stay stock for now. I would like to get a Bilstein Kit eventually that has the various stages of ride to try make the daily driving more comfortable.
    Any comments and suggestions will be appreciated.
    Maybe this was a typo...but you're planning on running 19's up front and 18's out back ???

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LZH Click here to enlarge
    Maybe this was a typo...but you're planning on running 19's up front and 18's out back ???
    Yeah, I think that's what he meant. Probably because the smaller rim diameter will allow for a thicker sidewall and better traction, similar to people putting on fat drag radials on a small rim
    2009.5 AW E90 335i ZMP - SOLD
    2013 E92 M3 6MT ZCP - Space Grey/Fox Red Click here to enlarge

Want to Buy: 1977-89 Porsche 911 Turbo Coupe (930)

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by CookieCrisp Click here to enlarge
    Yeah, I think that's what he meant. Probably because the smaller rim diameter will allow for a thicker sidewall and better traction, similar to people putting on fat drag radials on a small rim
    Yip, going to run MT 305 18 in the back. Fronts are 19 for cosmetic reasons.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by CookieCrisp Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)

0 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    cosmetic reasons? The smaller front wheels are going to look funny in my opinion. Go either 18 all the way around or better yet go 19 all the way around and then get a set of 17 rears with DRs for drag racing if that's your forte.
    Click here to enlarge

1000+WHP WEISTEC 2008 CLK63 Black Series
    790WHP WEISTEC 2012 C63 Black Series
    725WHP WEISTEC 2014 SLS Black Series

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)

BTW, congrats on the new purchase, you will love it.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by JRCART Click here to enlarge
    cosmetic reasons? The smaller front wheels are going to look funny in my opinion. Go either 18 all the way around or better yet go 19 all the way around and then get a set of 17 rears with DRs for drag racing if that's your forte.
    The fronts are the larger 19's. Do you mean smaller as in narrower?
    I am not sure what 17's would fit in the back for the DR's hence the 18 in the rear. Many cars have staggered sized wheels and I do not really think having a rear wheel a inch smaller will look wierd.
    JRCART do you think I will manage to run a 60-130 in the low 6's once I am done? I am asking because I do not want the car to be slower than my 35 hehe.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)

The fronts are the larger 19's. Do you mean smaller as in narrower?
    I am not sure what 17's would fit in the back for the DR's hence the 18 in the rear. Many cars have staggered sized wheels and I do not really think having a rear wheel a inch smaller will look wierd.
    JRCART do you think I will manage to run a 60-130 in the low 6's once I am done? I am asking because I do not want the car to be slower than my 35 hehe.
    They will fit if you have them made with the proper offset. I have a set of 16's and 17's for my BS that fit fine.

As for the front I meant what I typed, if you are running different diameter wheels the smaller ones should always be on the front.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by JRCART Click here to enlarge
    They will fit if you have them made with the proper offset. I have a set of 16's and 17's for my BS that fit fine.

As for the front I meant what I typed, if you are running different diameter wheels the smaller ones should always be on the front.
    Damn then it will look a little dragster hehe. Will email the vendors and see who can be confident enough to ship wheels overseas that will fit. 17's would be great then I can go 19's all round for streets.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)

Damn then it will look a little dragster hehe. Will email the vendors and see who can be confident enough to ship wheels overseas that will fit. 17's would be great then I can go 19's all round for streets.
    CCW built my latest set of drag wheels, they will build you what you need in the offset you need.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Bumping this up. Quite a laugh what the plan was and what I eventually did hehe

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

So you got a little carried away... happens to the best of us Click here to enlarge
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

How so? what is your current set up?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ezec63 Click here to enlarge
    How so? what is your current set up?
    Stage 3 Weistec with built motor and transmission. Instead of rear arches didbthe whole body with a black series look alike kit. Dedicated 15inch drag wheels and 20inch ADVs.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    George brings a whole new meaning to go big or go home! Love the build so far.Epic! Click here to enlarge