Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

Very faint rattle in the cabin...

I just recently had my front windshield replaced, and now there is a faint rattle coming from the front of the car. It happens at all ranges of speeds but always sounds the same. I didn't have my windshield replaced by MB but the company that replaced my WS is retarded so how do I go about diagnosing this without sending it to MB and getting charged an arm and a leg? Any ideas?
    BimmerBoost's Resident n00b...Click here to enlarge

Titanium Silver 2003 335 Ci || Premium Package || Sport Package || SOLD
    Sapphire Metallic Black 2008 535i || Custom Mandrel Bend Borla Exhaust || BMS Spacers || CMS Pro Meth Kit || JB4 || BMS DCI || SOLD
    Alpine White 2012 C63 Coupe || AMG Development Package || Multimedia Package || Lighting Package || LEASE ENDED
    Alpine White 2015 M3 || Driver Assistance Plus || Executive Package || Lighting Package || M Double-clutch and Adaptive M Suspension ||

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Who did the replacement? You might want to have them double check their work.

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    There isnt much to remove on a windshield install. The rearview, and the side trim and wipers. Maybe they loosened the wiper motor assembly by accident?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Safelyte did it, and I took it over there and they "checked" their work. Some snotty teen came out and took a look at it and when I asked for the manager he came out but basically asked the kid if he checked it and just said that they guarantee their work for the lifetime of the windshield so if something is wrong to bring it back in. I'm about to get some hail dings pulled out of my car...I might ask the body shop to take a quick look at it because they do glass there too...I didn't know that until AFTER though...so...I guess I'll just ask the body shop...hopefully they don't charge me...
    BimmerBoost's Resident n00b...Click here to enlarge

Titanium Silver 2003 335 Ci || Premium Package || Sport Package || SOLD
    Sapphire Metallic Black 2008 535i || Custom Mandrel Bend Borla Exhaust || BMS Spacers || CMS Pro Meth Kit || JB4 || BMS DCI || SOLD
    Alpine White 2012 C63 Coupe || AMG Development Package || Multimedia Package || Lighting Package || LEASE ENDED
    Alpine White 2015 M3 || Driver Assistance Plus || Executive Package || Lighting Package || M Double-clutch and Adaptive M Suspension ||

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by hworang00 Click here to enlarge
    Safelyte did it, and I took it over there and they "checked" their work. Some snotty teen came out and took a look at it and when I asked for the manager he came out but basically asked the kid if he checked it and just said that they guarantee their work for the lifetime of the windshield so if something is wrong to bring it back in. I'm about to get some hail dings pulled out of my car...I might ask the body shop to take a quick look at it because they do glass there too...I didn't know that until AFTER though...so...I guess I'll just ask the body shop...hopefully they don't charge me...
    Well I mean have the body shop take a look but then have the guys who did it look at it too. A rattle can drive you nuts hope you figure it out.

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale