Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Torco Accelerator

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No

Torco Accelerator

Guys,

Has anybody tried this supposedly Octane enhancer. I read many reviews on many forums about it and the people that actually tried it seem to have positive experience with it. I'm not doubting it in any sort I just want to know a couple of things. This is what I am talking about:

Click here to enlarge

This is the Advertised benefits of the above product:

Torco Unleaded Accelerator

Torco Accelerator will transform the make up of premium pump gas to closely resemble race fuel. Creates greater efficiency…. more horsepower!

• Can raise the Octane of your fuel as high as 105.
    • You can customize your blend to fit your needs.
    • Won’t harm sensitive O2 sensors or catalytic converters.
    • Available in convenient 32 oz. and 8 oz. bottles.
    • Multiple high performance applications -street or race car, motorcycle, watercraft, snowmobile, ATV or UTV, whether carbureted, injected, turbocharged, or supercharged.

So they claim that mixing this 32oz can to five gallons of premium 91 octane gas will raise the octane to 105. Diffrent amount of gallons and diffrent amounts of torrco will result in diffrent octane ratings (maximum achievable is +14 octane rating) according to the list below
    Click here to enlarge

Now, the thing I am trying to understand is how the mixing of 5 gallons of 91 octane boosts to 105 with just 32oz of Torco?

5 Gallons corresponds to 639oz

Therefore, we have 639oz of 91 Octane

Torrco 320z is supposed to have a toulene compound which is 115 Octane.

Now how does mixing 32oz of 115 octane with 639oz of 91 premium gas boost the total mixture of 671oz (639+32) to 105?

Again, i'm not doubting, maybe it is something I dont understand. Can someone who knows about fuel ratings and mixtures explain this to me. Thank you
    Weistec Supercharged SL63 AMG
    Click here to enlarge
    Fastest Overall Mercedes SL Class VBOX 60-130, 6.86-
    Dragtimes.com, FEB 16 2013

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    @Jacob502 Salams Bro. We used to use it a lot till TORCCO Bahrain ran out of stock LOL. It does make a difference. Have you tried it? Add one bottle to half a tank and check it out.
    Click here to enlarge

EURO 04 M3 Current Mods:GC DAs, Eibach Sways, PF RTAB's, RE RCAs, INTRAVEE II, Black Roundels, ///MFEST Badges, Depo's, Screen protector for NAV display, VCSL Bumper + Race Lip & CF Trunk & CF Rear Diffusor, DIETZ TV in Motion, SS= V1 Headers + catless pipes + X-Pipe + SS Sport Exhaust, Z8 Starter Button, Lamin-X, OEM CSL interior, OEM CSL Steering, OEM CSL Intake, OEM CSL Roof, MSS54HP + OEM CSL Tune, BBS CH's, LIGHTWERKZ, 355mm ST40 BBK, BW Oil Cooler....

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 0-60Motorsports Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    @Jacob502 Salams Bro. We used to use it a lot till TORCCO Bahrain ran out of stock LOL. It does make a difference. Have you tried it? Add one bottle to half a tank and check it out.
    Alikum Alsalam brother. I havent tried yet. I heard from many that it actually does make a diffrence. I just want to understand how.

What car did you try it on?
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Jacob502 Click here to enlarge
    Alikum Alsalam brother. I havent tried yet. I heard from many that it actually does make a diffrence. I just want to understand how.

What car did you try it on?
    I was using it on my m3 and also we used it for a while on the Wiestec SL55 we built. Once they ran out we just mix 100 Ron with 95 Ron for the SL and the M3 now.
    Click here to enlarge

EURO 04 M3 Current Mods:GC DAs, Eibach Sways, PF RTAB's, RE RCAs, INTRAVEE II, Black Roundels, ///MFEST Badges, Depo's, Screen protector for NAV display, VCSL Bumper + Race Lip & CF Trunk & CF Rear Diffusor, DIETZ TV in Motion, SS= V1 Headers + catless pipes + X-Pipe + SS Sport Exhaust, Z8 Starter Button, Lamin-X, OEM CSL interior, OEM CSL Steering, OEM CSL Intake, OEM CSL Roof, MSS54HP + OEM CSL Tune, BBS CH's, LIGHTWERKZ, 355mm ST40 BBK, BW Oil Cooler....

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 0-60Motorsports Click here to enlarge
    I was using it on my m3 and also we used it for a while on the Wiestec SL55 we built. Once they ran out we just mix 100 Ron with 95 Ron for the SL and the M3 now.

Is this Samabad Petrol Services?

Mr. Nayef Al Alawi. Is he still the dealer for Torco?

How did the SL55 respond with Torrco?
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Is this Samabad Petrol Services?

Mr. Nayef Al Alawi. Is he still the dealer for Torco?

How did the SL55 respond with Torrco?
    YUP! LOL. Bro you need to come visit me when you come to Bahrain.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)

YUP! LOL. Bro you need to come visit me when you come to Bahrain.
    Defenitley man. I will let you know when I get there. It will be soon enoughClick here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

Defenitley man. I will let you know when I get there. It will be soon enoughClick here to enlarge
    Cool! PM me or call me on 36633307. Anything you need from Bahrain let me know. I might pass by Torcco tonight to find out if they got new stock of the accelerator and 100 octane fuel
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)

Cool! PM me or call me on 36633307. Anything you need from Bahrain let me know. I might pass by Torcco tonight to find out if they got new stock of the accelerator and 100 octane fuel

Thanks man. Call Nayef on this number 3998000 before going. I tried calling him today, but no answer
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

Thanks man. Call Nayef on this number 3998000 before going. I tried calling him today, but no answer
    That number is missing a digit! local cell phone numbers are at 8 digits.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)

That number is missing a digit! local cell phone numbers are at 8 digits.

Sorry. Add a 0 at the end. its 39980000

I just talked to him. He told me they are waiting on a new shipment from Torco for both the accelerator and the race fuel

Torco 108 seems a good unleaded fuel for our engines
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

Sorry. Add a 0 at the end. its 39980000

I just talked to him. He told me they are waiting on a new shipment from Torco for both the accelerator and the race fuel

Torco 108 seems a good unleaded fuel for our engines
    Cool! Click here to enlarge Their taking too long though. Thats why i have three barrels of VP 103 at home.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)

Cool! Click here to enlarge Their taking too long though. Thats why i have three barrels of VP 103 at home.
    Do you feel Adding 32oz of torco to a 10 gallons of fuel gives you a similiar performance to addving 5 gallons of VP103?
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

Do you feel Adding 32oz of torco to a 10 gallons of fuel gives you a similiar performance to addving 5 gallons of VP103?
    @SL55K felt a bigger difference when we mixed a 19ltr barrel of torco or VP 103 with 95 mix to his Sl55 Wiestec. So Im guessing race fuel works better than the additive.

For my M3 i prefer using the accelerator as im not making crazy big HP as you guys are.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1716 Post(s)

It's honestly better to just get race gas rather than mess around with additives.
    Like BoostAddict on FaceBook, get +20 rep and tacos*: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...-FaceBook-page

* Tacos sold separately

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

It works. It does not make as much octane as advertised however as there have been some tests but a bottle added to 91 octane produces about 94-95 octane and if you add to 93 it gives you 96 or so. I used it for a few months in my m3 but it completely trashes your plugs. Mine were fluorescent orange and my car got really sluggish. Given that this car uses the plugs to sense ionic current, any residue around the electrodes which this causes really messes with that and my timing was being pulled and retarded by a ton. In other cars that have regular knock sensors it should not be an issue. I personally didn't think its worth it and I spend more and mix Torco full race gas with every tank. I order it by the barrel.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

I experimented around with NOS offroad octane booster(with MMT) and I was pleasantly surprised with the results. It's by no means racegas in a bottle but it did clear up timing corrections on a map I was experimenting with that was a touch too aggressive. I would normally see 3-4 cylinders pulling 3.xx degrees of timing out at a time but with a bottle mixed into a full tank my logs would be clean as could be. I'm don't know how much more effective Torco Accelerator would be.
    Click here to enlarge
    MOTIV750, MOTIV P-1000 PI, MOTIV/FUEL-IT! low pressure fuel system, AEM EMS/COBB AP, Aquamist HFS-3, ETS FMIC, SPEC stage 3+ clutch/SS flywheel, BC Racing coilovers and VMR wheels wrapped in Hankook RS3s.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)

Interseting. Thanks for your inputs guys. I will be conducting a lab test for you all and I will publish the results here and to Torco themselves.

I am a Process Engineer At QP refinery in Qatar. Therefore, I have access to request any lab test for fuel quality, deposits scale, and gas composition. Here in Qatar our fuel is rated @ 97 RON, which is equivalent to 92 Octane rating in the USA. I will take 5 gallons of this fuel and add 32Oz of Torco. We have Octane analyzers in Our lab that test RON & MON ratings. According to Torco, Adding 32oz to 5 gallons of 92 Octane fuel will net an octane rating of 106, which is equivalent to 110-111RON. I will provide the following results:

- RON rating
    - RVP (Reid Vapor Pressure)
    - Moleculaer weight
    - Initial boiling Temperature
    - Final Boiling Temperature
    - Oxygen Content
    - specific Gravity

Give me about two weeks (until I recive Torco) and I will fill you all in on the result.

@Sticky , should I show you the findings before posting?
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

Interseting. Thanks for your inputs guys. I will be conducting a lab test for you all and I will publish the results here and to Torco themselves.

I am a Process Engineer At QP refinery in Qatar. Therefore, I have access to request any lab test for fuel quality, deposits scale, and gas composition. Here in Qatar our fuel is rated @ 97 RON, which is equivalent to 92 Octane rating in the USA. I will take 5 gallons of this fuel and add 32Oz of Torco. We have Octane analyzers in Our lab that test RON & MON ratings. According to Torco, Adding 32oz to 5 gallons of 92 Octane fuel will net an octane rating of 106, which is equivalent to 110-111RON. I will provide the following results:

- RON rating
    - Moleculaer weight
    - Oxygen Content
    - specific Gravity

Give me about two weeks (until I recive Torco) and I will fill you all in on the result.

Excellent bro and I'm sure @Sticky doesn't need a private viewing of the findings before you post Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

It should interesting.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1716 Post(s)

- RON rating
    - Moleculaer weight
    - Oxygen Content
    - specific Gravity

Feel free to post.
    Like BoostAddict on FaceBook, get +20 rep and tacos*: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...-FaceBook-page

* Tacos sold separately

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Why don't you mix it with 15 gallons or a typical tank size? Or mix a third of the bottle with 5. More real world data for those that use it. Nobody is going to dump 32 oz in 5 gallons. I guess you could publish the math to extrapolate what octane would be with 16 gallons but I guess I will wait and see. There is someone who has already done the testing on this product though-google around. So if you really want to go for it but someone or a couple good tests are out there measuring the actual octane after mixing it with pump gas and as said above it was good for 4-5 points.

And I can vouch for NOS off-road version with MMT-works but only adds 2 points

Both $#@! the $#@! out of your plugs though

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1716 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Wannbm5 Click here to enlarge
    Both $#@! the $#@! out of your plugs though
    This and can clog injectors as well so best to use high octane fuel IMO.

* Tacos sold separately

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

I didn't know about the injectors but even more the reason. MMT makes things bright orange with deposit.. I just can't see that being good long-term to have a bright orange internal engine with a bunch of deposits

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

- RON rating
    - Moleculaer weight
    - Oxygen Content
    - specific Gravity

Were you ever able to run the tests? Very curious on your findings.

Thanks,
    Rich
    E90 LCI 335i Black Sapphire (his)
    COBB/PTF proTUNE/Alpina/BMS Drop-in/PSS/Blizzak
    L322 Range Rover Java Black (hers)
    1969 Opel Gt Strato Blue (storage)
    Audi TT ALMS Misano Red - 1 of 500 in the US (storage)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast