Close

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Weistec S3 C63 BS vs HPF S3 E46 M3

I'm guessing this is JRCART's car putting in more work at the Shift Sector event. Anyone have any info about this race ? I would have thought the gap would have been smaller but, traction issues maybe ?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

1 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    hpf car got his ass gaped!
    | 1997 Estoril M3 - TURBO - |
    Click here to enlarge
    | GT3582R | 8.5:1 forged internals | ARP stuffs | SS oring block & Elring HG | Fully balanced & blueprinted 3.3L S52 |
    | Nick G custom tune | 46mm Precision gate | 62# injectors | Dual 255's |

Goal to be the first GT35r E36 to: 30 psi, 140+ mph, < 6 second 60-130

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    They actually raced three times, they raced twice on Saturday, JRCARTS belt slipped and glazed and he shut down at the end of the run. Owner of the M3 agreed to a rematch after belt was changed over. They re-ran on Satuday(video run) and you see what JRCART did to him. Owner of M3 approached JRCART on Sunday and asked for a rematch, JRCART being a fair sport gave him a rematch and the M3 beat JRCART by a couple car lengths. I assume owner of M3 turned up boost for Sunday's run because JRCART said he had a clean run and his BS ran fine and said it was a clean run.

This HPF car was the second fastest BMW at the event, it placed 2nd in the BMW shootout. A red E46 HPF turbo won the BMW shootout agaisnt this white HPF car. White car in this video was completed gutted, just one lightweight race seat and a cage, owner claimed it weghed in just shy of 3200 pounds.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Jims car really starts pulling hard up top. That thing is a rocket but whats so impressive is how easily it does it and in complete comfort. Props to @Weistec for a sick build.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by partlowr Click here to enlarge
    They actually raced three times, they raced twice on Saturday, JRCARTS belt slipped and glazed and he shut down at the end of the run. Owner of the M3 agreed to a rematch after belt was changed over. They re-ran on Satuday(video run) and you see what JRCART did to him. Owner of M3 approached JRCART on Sunday and asked for a rematch, JRCART being a fair sport gave him a rematch and the M3 beat JRCART by a couple car lengths. I assume owner of M3 turned up boost for Sunday's run because JRCART said he had a clean run and his BS ran fine and said it was a clean run.

This HPF car was the second fastest BMW at the event, it placed 2nd in the BMW shootout. A red E46 HPF turbo won the BMW shootout agaisnt this white HPF car. White car in this video was completed gutted, just one lightweight race seat and a cage, owner claimed it weghed in just shy of 3200 pounds.
    Thanks for the info. I would think the HPF car should put up a better fight, makes sence this video is on lowered boost. Though, i'd be pissed to gut the car and only be 'just under 3200 lbs.'
    | 1997 Estoril M3 - TURBO - |
    Click here to enlarge
    | GT3582R | 8.5:1 forged internals | ARP stuffs | SS oring block & Elring HG | Fully balanced & blueprinted 3.3L S52 |
    | Nick G custom tune | 46mm Precision gate | 62# injectors | Dual 255's |

Goal to be the first GT35r E36 to: 30 psi, 140+ mph, < 6 second 60-130

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rt turbo Click here to enlarge
    Thanks for the info. I would think the HPF car should put up a better fight, makes sence this video is on lowered boost. Though, i'd be pissed to gut the car and only be 'just under 3200 lbs.'
    Red HPF Stage3 E46 that won BMW trophy shootout at event went 176mph if I recall. JRCART went 166mph in the Weistec C BS so you are 100% correct. JRCART went 182mph in his CLK so the Weistec CLK would have easily handled every BMW at this event but nobody in a Bimmer wanted to line up with the CLK.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Thats not a Stage 3 car. Stage 1 with e85 iirc

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SexiPYm3 Click here to enlarge
    Thats not a Stage 3 car. Stage 1 with e85 iirc
    The car is actually a stage 2.5

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Is this the white hpf coupe? Unless that car did a motor build, its a stock motor stage 1 on e85.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

The white car in the video is an HPF 2.5 and his Meth System had a leak the first day so he was only on low boost. On Sunday he got his meth leaks fixed and was running his high boost.

The red E46 M3 trapped 178 from a roll at the cones on the second day during the high heat after we adjusted the fuel trims a bit...every run kept going faster until the BMW shootout came around and then we just left it after that to enjoy the rest of the event and fooled around with some brake boosting and the Vbox a bit. Was running 5.6-5.7s 60-130mph on the few recorded runs which was decent for no brake boosting.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Red HPF Stage3 E46 that won BMW trophy shootout at event went 176mph if I recall. JRCART went 166mph in the Weistec C BS so you are 100% correct. JRCART went 182mph in his CLK so the Weistec CLK would have easily handled every BMW at this event but nobody in a Bimmer wanted to line up with the CLK.
    Who told you no bimmer's would line up with the CLK? The Red E46 m3 was consistently trapping 176-178 with a 100% full oem interior and a trunk full of luggage and car cleaning supplys with 2 passengers every pass on 18" Toyo R888's. It would have been a great match for the CLK. Red car's a manual, CLK's an auto.. so likely more consistent.. but regardless a good match would have been had. I believe the CLK had crazy drag radials and skinny's on it!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ZooyorQ Click here to enlarge
    Who told you no bimmer's would line up with the CLK? The Red E46 m3 was consistently trapping 176-178 with a 100% full oem interior and a trunk full of luggage and car cleaning supplys with 2 passengers every pass on 18" Toyo R888's. It would have been a great match for the CLK. Red car's a manual, CLK's an auto.. so likely more consistent.. but regardless a good match would have been had. I believe the CLK had crazy drag radials and skinny's on it!
    I took the luggage out but yes we had two passengers and full interior Click here to enlarge I would've loved to line up with the CLK but the only time I saw it was driving back up the pit lane...I don't recall it running in the 80+ degree heat but I could be wrong. I talked with the owner and he seemed pretty chill and laid back much like myself...if it didn't happen it didn't happen but there is no doubt in my mind...it would've been a very close race.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

We went so far as asking the race promotors on Saturday to find us some BMW's to race. Would not have mattered the Weistec CLK was trapping at 182 so it would not have been much of a race.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Thanks for clarity on the stage of the car.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Now that's info ! Thanks for the heads up !

Yea I saw CW's post about winningthe fastest bmw trophy, big congrats to him on that one !

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Commanderwiggin Click here to enlarge
    The white car in the video is an HPF 2.5 and his Meth System had a leak the first day so he was only on low boost. On Sunday he got his meth leaks fixed and was running his high boost.

The red E46 M3 trapped 178 from a roll at the cones on the second day during the high heat after we adjusted the fuel trims a bit...every run kept going faster until the BMW shootout came around and then we just left it after that to enjoy the rest of the event and fooled around with some brake boosting and the Vbox a bit. Was running 5.6-5.7s 60-130mph on the few recorded runs which was decent for no brake boosting.
    CW, congrats on your trophy and running like a top during the event ! So was that Mspired's car ? ( that's the only gutted white 2.5 I know of ? ). Glad you guys had a great time out there.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

We went so far as asking the race promotors on Saturday to find us some BMW's to race. Would not have mattered the Weistec CLK was trapping at 182 so it would not have been much of a race.
    O Rly? I guess there is always next time we can find out but to say "it would not have been much of a race"...needs no comment lol. It would have been good fun to find out though.

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SleepersOwn Click here to enlarge
    Now that's info ! Thanks for the heads up !

Yea I saw CW's post about winningthe fastest bmw trophy, big congrats to him on that one !

CW, congrats on your trophy and running like a top during the event ! So was that Mspired's car ? ( that's the only gutted white 2.5 I know of ? ). Glad you guys had a great time out there.
    Thanks, ya that is Mspired's (Mike) car. It was a blast out there hopefully next time we can hang out with the Merc croud a bit more, love those cars.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    4mph is quite a bit but that CLK didn't trap 182 on every pass.. I know.. I checked the numbers.. the Red E46 M3 trapped 176 on the low end and 178 on the highend.. over.. and over.. and over.. and over.. lap after lap without even stopping in the pits.. if the CLK ever dropped below a 176 trap then the E46 m3 may have taken it. If your lowest trap was 178 then no.. the e46 m3 wouldn't have taken it.

But regardless.. my favorite thing about that E46 M3 is it drives here from Canada to participate.. and drives back.... 1000's of miles on it driving him and his family around the US in that car. No meth, no crazy drag radials.. no gutting.. and literally hot laps the son of a $#@!. Its a strong car.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Commanderwiggin Click here to enlarge
    Thanks, ya that is Mspired's (Mike) car. It was a blast out there hopefully next time we can hang out with the Merc croud a bit more, love those cars.
    Ah thanks. Do you know if Mike's high boost setting was with pump and meth or race and meth for his sunday race ?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Ah thanks. Do you know if Mike's high boost setting was with pump and meth or race and meth for his sunday race ?
    Race and meth.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

4mph is quite a bit but that CLK didn't trap 182 on every pass.. I know.. I checked the numbers.. the Red E46 M3 trapped 176 on the low end and 178 on the highend.. over.. and over.. and over.. and over.. lap after lap without even stopping in the pits.. if the CLK ever dropped below a 176 trap then the E46 m3 may have taken it. If your lowest trap was 178 then no.. the e46 m3 wouldn't have taken it.

But regardless.. my favorite thing about that E46 M3 is it drives here from Canada to participate.. and drives back.... 1000's of miles on it driving him and his family around the US in that car. No meth, no crazy drag radials.. no gutting.. and literally hot laps the son of a $#@!. Its a strong car.
    Marcus, how was your car running ? I may have overlooked any info about it ( the info on the event is pretty scattered across the boards so it's hard to keep track of what I read vs what was posted lol ).

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Race and meth.

Ah cool.. Good runs for him !

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Marcus, how was your car running ? I may have overlooked any info about it ( the info on the event is pretty scattered across the boards so it's hard to keep track of what I read vs what was posted lol ).
    The car was tuned Friday evening before the event.. on a brand new balanced to a 1/2 a gram 11.5:1 motor.. brand new valvetrain, everything dialed to a tee.. put down about 830+whp and 625rwtq.. on a safe rich tune on e80 from the pump then made one pass on Saturday and a shim stuck in the retainer.. put it back in the rig and threw a cover on it. Click here to enlarge Thankfully nothing serious, already spoke with supertech, we believe it was a machining error in the retainer, new retainers on the way.. we'll put it back on the airstrip in novemeber.. but last year I was cutting similar times to Commanders Red E46, on 265/30/19's.. I think I would have had even more traction problems this time around. Commanders tire setup was perfect, nothing meaty and obnoxious and completely oem looking, lol. I'm going to rip off his tire setup next year!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

A bloody quick daily makes it even more special, dont suppose you have any pics etc of it?
    Click here to enlarge
    335i ~ JB4 ~ BMS ~ DCI ~ Active Autowerks CP & BOV ~ Borla Catback Exhaust

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sparky68 Click here to enlarge
    A bloody quick daily makes it even more special, dont suppose you have any pics etc of it?
    Just google "OEM Imola Red E46 M3" .. it looks like it just rolled off the show room. Commander likes it oem. Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

The car was tuned Friday evening before the event.. on a brand new balanced to a 1/2 a gram 11.5:1 motor.. brand new valvetrain, everything dialed to a tee.. put down about 830+whp and 625rwtq.. on a safe rich tune on e80 from the pump then made one pass on Saturday and a shim stuck in the retainer.. put it back in the rig and threw a cover on it. Click here to enlarge Thankfully nothing serious, already spoke with supertech, we believe it was a machining error in the retainer, new retainers on the way.. we'll put it back on the airstrip in novemeber.. but last year I was cutting similar times to Commanders Red E46, on 265/30/19's.. I think I would have had even more traction problems this time around. Commanders tire setup was perfect, nothing meaty and obnoxious and completely oem looking, lol. I'm going to rip off his tire setup next year!
    CRIPPPPEEESSSSSS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So sorry to hear about that man ! As you said, thankfully it's nothing serious. Just sucks you got all prepped for the event and go bust the first pass. I know you'll be back out better for the next event ! Especially if you were cutting the same times on 19's and transfer to his 18's setup.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast