Close

Results 1 to 20 of 20
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    118,884
    Rep Points
    31,859.9
    Mentioned
    2092 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    319


    Yes Reputation No

    Anyone here doing Coachella and is it that big of a deal?

    Curious, lot's of friends go and I'm curious if I should just say $#@! it and do it. I have so many events in April though including the Long Beach Grand prix...

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    3,230
    Rep Points
    502.1
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    6


    Yes Reputation No
    Sure - if you like standing around sweating your ass off, listening to music that sounds like $#@! in a big dusty field...then yeah, it's awesome. $#@!ing HATE music festivals. And I have hooks ups with the music industry so I get VIP everything, stage access etc and I still hate them.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    118,884
    Rep Points
    31,859.9
    Mentioned
    2092 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    319



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LZH Click here to enlarge
    And I have hooks ups with the music industry so I get VIP everything, stage access etc and I still hate them.
    Um, well, I will gladly take VIP tickets off your hands...

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    3,230
    Rep Points
    502.1
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    6


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Um, well, I will gladly take VIP tickets off your hands...
    HA - Let me see what I can do...

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    118,884
    Rep Points
    31,859.9
    Mentioned
    2092 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    319



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LZH Click here to enlarge
    HA - Let me see what I can do...
    @LZH dead serious about this...

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Downey, Ca
    Posts
    2,063
    Rep Points
    2,784.8
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    28


    Yes Reputation No
    Did it couple of years ago. HOT as $#@!! Probably won't do it again.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    118,884
    Rep Points
    31,859.9
    Mentioned
    2092 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    319



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by alpinedevil335 Click here to enlarge
    Did it couple of years ago. HOT as $#@!! Probably won't do it again.
    Just because of the weather?

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Downey, Ca
    Posts
    2,063
    Rep Points
    2,784.8
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    28


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Just because of the weather?
    @LHZ said it all. But I like music festivals unlike him.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    118,884
    Rep Points
    31,859.9
    Mentioned
    2092 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    319



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by alpinedevil335 Click here to enlarge
    @LHZ said it all. But I like music festivals unlike him.
    Lineup looks pretty good this year. I've never done it so I'm considering it.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    3,230
    Rep Points
    502.1
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    6


    Yes Reputation No
    Line up this year is actually $#@! I was just talking about it with a buddy of mine who is a big music manager.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Downey, Ca
    Posts
    2,063
    Rep Points
    2,784.8
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    28


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Lineup looks pretty good this year. I've never done it so I'm considering it.
    Meh.

    it just one of those things. You have to try it for yourself.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    118,884
    Rep Points
    31,859.9
    Mentioned
    2092 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    319



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by alpinedevil335 Click here to enlarge
    Meh.

    it just one of those things. You have to try it for yourself.
    Well then I'm trying it Click here to enlarge

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    NW Suburbs
    Posts
    2,862
    Rep Points
    641.9
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    7


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    I went in 2008 and had an amazing time. Not sure if it's gone downhill since then, the lineup this year looks pretty good, can't imagine the weather has gotten markedly hotter since then (it seems even moved up in the year - I remember it being in May).

    You can expect a little discomfort and if you don't like the music then you probably won't have a good time. If you're with a good group (and have good substances if that's your thing) and not into the whole "too cool" or "I'm above this" vibe you'll have a good time - definitely worth it.

    I get that music is personal preference - but the lineup is far from $#@!. The names RHCP, Postal Service, Modest Mouse, New Order, Moby, Richie Hawtin, Booka Shade all stand out to me briefing over the lineup card again. All reason enough to go IMO.
    -Brian

    BMWCCA 444282

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    118,884
    Rep Points
    31,859.9
    Mentioned
    2092 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    319



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BTM Click here to enlarge
    I went in 2008 and had an amazing time. Not sure if it's gone downhill since then, the lineup this year looks pretty good, can't imagine the weather has gotten markedly hotter since then (it seems even moved up in the year - I remember it being in May).

    You can expect a little discomfort and if you don't like the music then you probably won't have a good time. If you're with a good group (and have good substances if that's your thing) and not into the whole "too cool" or "I'm above this" vibe you'll have a good time - definitely worth it.
    Thanks.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    118,884
    Rep Points
    31,859.9
    Mentioned
    2092 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    319



    Yes Reputation No
    LOL so here's what Christian groups think about it, they can't even seem to spell the name correctly:

    Click here to enlarge

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Downey, Ca
    Posts
    2,063
    Rep Points
    2,784.8
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    28


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LZH Click here to enlarge
    I have hooks ups with the music industry so I get VIP everything, stage access etc and I still hate them.
    Can you get me a good deal on Legends Of Summer Tour?

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    3,230
    Rep Points
    502.1
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    6


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by alpinedevil335 Click here to enlarge
    Can you get me a good deal on Legends Of Summer Tour?
    No clue who that is but I'll make a call and PM you if I can.

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Downey, Ca
    Posts
    2,063
    Rep Points
    2,784.8
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    28


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LZH Click here to enlarge
    No clue who that is but I'll make a call and PM you if I can.
    That would be GREAT! Thanks!
    It's Jay-Z and J. Timberlake tour.

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    23
    Rep Points
    117.0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    2


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    LOL so here's what Christian groups think about it, they can't even seem to spell the name correctly:

    http://www.germanboost.com/images/im...03/gMuN5-1.png

    How could I have never heard of this christwire.org site before?
    I actually thought it was real for a minute

    Click here to enlarge

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    118,884
    Rep Points
    31,859.9
    Mentioned
    2092 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    319



    Yes Reputation No
    Decided instead of Coachella I'm just going to do the Long Beach Grand Prix big. Smarter.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •