Close

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 51

Thread: Weistec Stage III W204 C63 AMG Black Series versus ESS VT2-625 supercharged E92 M3

              
  1. #26
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    106,200
    Rep Points
    26,065.9
    Mentioned
    1716 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    261



    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Batman Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Is this a joke? YES, IT IS!!! A C63 AMG BS that has about $30K to $40K in mods (if not more) beating up on a bone stock M5 - and you're acting like this is a major accomplishment?? C'mon man! You can't be serious! I don't care if the owner of the M5 asked you to race. The playing field is still not level. You better have won big time with the BS and $$$ in mods. At some point, you have got to stop being fan boys and start using logic and common sense. My bad, you don't have that. I'm out of this thread. This is total BS, and I'm not talking about your car.
    Nobody is saying it's a major accomplishment. It just goes to show how much faster a blown M156 is with a 3.0 liter blower than a stock M5. Nobody is propping up the F10 M5, personally I feel that car is a letdown. So sorry, it's not even a major accomplishment to beat up on it as it's EASY to do so.

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Batman Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    At some point, you have got to stop being fan boys and start using logic and common sense.
    You mean like being enthusiasts and actually going to an event to run cars instead of keyboards?

  2. #27
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    106,200
    Rep Points
    26,065.9
    Mentioned
    1716 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    261



    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ecampbell Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Stage 3 Weistec SC $15,78.99 vs. the M5's $7,000 exhaust upgrade.
    One seems to be money well spent.

    Still would like that username...

  3. #28
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    106,200
    Rep Points
    26,065.9
    Mentioned
    1716 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    261



    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by JRCART Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If I am not mistaken this thread is about a heavily modded M3 and a heavily modded C63 Black Series.....
    True, guy doesn't even know what thread he is starting crap in.

  4. #29
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    726
    Rep Points
    1,184.0
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    12


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    True, guy doesn't even know what thread he is starting crap in.
    And its his first post.. Lol

    He came.. he tried.. he FAILED
    09' CTS-V Sedan- Black Raven, Auto, Recaros, Stock for now..

    E60 M5 SMG - Sapphire Black exterior, Black interior,
    Full leather, Ventilated comfort seats, Aluminum trim, Alcantara Headliner, Matte Black front/side grills, 20% window tint, Plasti Dipped Black Wheels, Hardwired 9500ix, RPI scoops(Red), Block off plates, BMC filters (c/f delete), Evolve-R Stage 2 Tune, Muffler & Secondary Cat Delete

    P500s S6 DSC OFF- ALL DAY, EVERY DAY.. Unless it's wet out
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

  5. #30
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    359
    Rep Points
    394.4
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    4


    Reputation: Yes | No
    I want to see an M3 at 9psi and the C63 at 11psi, or both at 11psi. Would really be more interesting but the results where IMO good for the M3
    Alpha ///N - YouTube: 95CSL
    Click here to enlarge

  6. #31
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    106,200
    Rep Points
    26,065.9
    Mentioned
    1716 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    261



    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by onurleft Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I want to see an M3 at 9psi and the C63 at 11psi, or both at 11psi. Would really be more interesting but the results where IMO good for the M3
    Ya would love to see both at 11 psi. And the M3 with a T-Trim...

  7. #32
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Naperville, IL
    Posts
    2,792
    Rep Points
    258.1
    Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    3


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by onurleft Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I want to see an M3 at 9psi and the C63 at 11psi, or both at 11psi. Would really be more interesting but the results where IMO good for the M3
    LMAO....you want to see an M3 running 11psi, pull a pin on a hand grenade....a M3 would blow up on 11psi
    Click here to enlarge

    1000+WHP WEISTEC 2008 CLK63 Black Series
    790WHP WEISTEC 2012 C63 Black Series
    725WHP WEISTEC 2014 SLS Black Series

  8. #33
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    106,200
    Rep Points
    26,065.9
    Mentioned
    1716 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    261



    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by JRCART Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    LMAO....you want to see an M3 running 11psi, pull a pin on a hand grenade....a M3 would blow up on 11psi
    Not exactly true, the S54 has hit 16 psi stock and Active pushed the S65 in the E92 M3 to 13 psi I believe?

  9. #34
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    4,138
    Rep Points
    1,769.3
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    18


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by JRCART Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    LMAO....you want to see an M3 running 11psi, pull a pin on a hand grenade....a M3 would blow up on 11psi
    YOU could, but it'd need to be running serious Race Gas (maybe even E85) & a top tier tune. Def would be something "built to last". The VF650 kit runs 7.5-8psi on 93 octane, so another 3 pounds of boost running on ~120 octane with proper tuning can be done
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump


    "The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

  10. #35
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    359
    Rep Points
    394.4
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    4


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by JRCART Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    LMAO....you want to see an M3 running 11psi, pull a pin on a hand grenade....a M3 would blow up on 11psi
    All it would need is some custom tuning and E85. 11psi has been easily hit on every stock M3 motor to date @ the given compression. The current suppliers aren't offering these kinds of tunes off the shelf, yet..Duh.

    Eventually people will use the stock motor, and pump the compression down slightly with a thicker head gasket and different head studs.
    This is where people are seeing 15-22psi + on stock S5x motors, without any special fuel
    Alpha ///N - YouTube: 95CSL
    Click here to enlarge

  11. #36
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Naperville, IL
    Posts
    2,792
    Rep Points
    258.1
    Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    3


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by onurleft Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    All it would need is some custom tuning and E85. 11psi has been easily hit on every stock M3 motor to date @ the given compression. The current suppliers aren't offering these kinds of tunes off the shelf, yet..Duh.

    Eventually people will use the stock motor, and pump the compression down slightly with a thicker head gasket and different head studs.
    This is where people are seeing 15-22psi + on stock S5x motors, without any special fuel
    You guys are hilarious, if it is so easy why has nobody done it yet?
    Click here to enlarge

    1000+WHP WEISTEC 2008 CLK63 Black Series
    790WHP WEISTEC 2012 C63 Black Series
    725WHP WEISTEC 2014 SLS Black Series

  12. #37
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    106,200
    Rep Points
    26,065.9
    Mentioned
    1716 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    261



    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by JRCART Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You guys are hilarious, if it is so easy why has nobody done it yet?
    It has been done.

  13. #38
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Naperville, IL
    Posts
    2,792
    Rep Points
    258.1
    Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    3


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It has been done.
    Where? .....and if you say your car I am going to fly back to California and punch you in the mouth Click here to enlarge jk

    Until your car makes a clean, fast pass at the drag strip it is not done.
    Click here to enlarge

    1000+WHP WEISTEC 2008 CLK63 Black Series
    790WHP WEISTEC 2012 C63 Black Series
    725WHP WEISTEC 2014 SLS Black Series

  14. #39
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    106,200
    Rep Points
    26,065.9
    Mentioned
    1716 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    261



    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by JRCART Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Until your car makes a clean, fast pass at the drag strip it is not done.
    Um my car has made fast passes not that this is relevant.

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by JRCART Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Where?
    Active Autowerke like I said...

  15. #40
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    106,200
    Rep Points
    26,065.9
    Mentioned
    1716 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    261



    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by JRCART Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Where?
    Here you are:

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Andrew@activeautowerke
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think we did like 15 runs of 11-13 psi. It was out flowing the charger at that psi though.
    And the E46 M3 did 16 psi stock... but that motor was much stronger built.

  16. #41
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    184
    Rep Points
    45.1
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by onurleft Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I want to see an M3 at 9psi and the C63 at 11psi, or both at 11psi. Would really be more interesting but the results where IMO good for the M3
    I don't have that, but I ran a Weistec Stage 2 C63 AMG at the same event. The guy is apparently running 11psi and trapped 129.1 at Famoso. My car is supposed to make 6.5psi but on 20 separate dyno's at EAS it measured anywhere between 4.9 and 5.25psi. Obviously the Stg 2 Weistec vs Stg 2 ESS is a better comparison than the Stg 3 Weistec vs Stg 2 ESS.

    Track/Airstrip: 2013 BMW M3 DCT - 567 rwhp uncorrected
    Beater: 2013 WRX STi

  17. #42
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    359
    Rep Points
    394.4
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    4


    0 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by longboarder Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't have that, but I ran a Weistec Stage 2 C63 AMG at the same event. The guy is apparently running 11psi and trapped 129.1 at Famoso. My car is supposed to make 6.5psi but on 20 separate dyno's at EAS it measured anywhere between 4.9 and 5.25psi. Obviously the Stg 2 Weistec vs Stg 2 ESS is a better comparison than the Stg 3 Weistec vs Stg 2 ESS.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2tZpwTX_3-0
    Silly Mercedes needs twice the boost and an extra 2.2 liters to stay even.
    Alpha ///N - YouTube: 95CSL
    Click here to enlarge

  18. #43
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    106,200
    Rep Points
    26,065.9
    Mentioned
    1716 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    261



    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by onurleft Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Silly Mercedes needs twice the boost and an extra 2.3 liters to stay even.
    A VT2-625 kit is not running 5 psi.

  19. #44
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    359
    Rep Points
    394.4
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    4


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    A VT2-625 kit is not running 5 psi.
    I question what was supposedly stated as a fact, based on several different dyno readings. But regardless, it does a whole lot less with a whole lot more

    Corrected a local M3 made 526whp down here at 5-5.5psi. He is making 567whp uncorrected. I'd guess he's around 6psi, or maybe his motor is just stronger
    Alpha ///N - YouTube: 95CSL
    Click here to enlarge

  20. #45
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    13,470
    Rep Points
    50.0
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by onurleft Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I question what was supposedly stated as a fact, based on several different dyno readings. But regardless, it does a whole lot less with a whole lot more

    Corrected a local M3 made 526whp down here at 5-5.5psi. He is making 567whp uncorrected. I'd guess he's around 6psi, or maybe his motor is just stronger
    noone is making over 500hp at 5 psi. if they do, they paid for a good dyno run and thats it. i find it so very funny LB keeps bringing it up

  21. #46
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    127
    Rep Points
    571.1
    Mentioned
    170 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    6


    Reputation: Yes | No
    A Weistec Stage 2 system makes about 7 psi not 11. It's right on our website and is public knowledge at this point. Now go on Click here to enlarge

    Weistec Engineering
    Click here to enlarge
    World's First Supercharged M156 6.3L



    CONNECT WITH US
    www.Weistec.com
    Sales@Weistec.com

  22. #47
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    106,200
    Rep Points
    26,065.9
    Mentioned
    1716 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    261



    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Weistec Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    A Weistec Stage 2 system makes about 7 psi not 11. It's right on our website and is public knowledge at this point. Now go on Click here to enlarge

    Weistec Engineering
    Ya it seems some people mixed up the Stage 2 sedan and the Stage III C63 Black Series setups.

  23. #48
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    359
    Rep Points
    394.4
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    4


    Reputation: Yes | No
    ^^ Noted. I was going to say, if that's 11psi then something might be up with the 63.


    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    noone is making over 500hp at 5 psi. if they do, they paid for a good dyno run and thats it. i find it so very funny LB keeps bringing it up
    TopSpeed did 526whp @ 5.5 psi VT-535 none intercooled, catless. It was a cold day, Doug noted. This was a custom tune, not an off the shelf flash. That very car is for sale, go check if you are in dis-belief.

    On their dyno a stock E90 M3 will make 335-350whp.
    Last edited by onurleft; 03-06-2013 at 11:05 PM.
    Alpha ///N - YouTube: 95CSL
    Click here to enlarge

  24. #49
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    4,138
    Rep Points
    1,769.3
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    18


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by onurleft Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    TopSpeed did 526whp @ 5.5 psi VT-535 none intercooled, catless. It was a cold day, Doug noted. This was a custom tune, not an off the shelf flash. That very car is for sale, go check if you are in dis-belief.
    Race Gas??
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump


    "The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

  25. #50
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    359
    Rep Points
    394.4
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    4


    Reputation: Yes | No
    No, daily driver.

    I'll ask for more details, I am friends with one of the sales reps.

    The car was just posted FS in ATL Bimmers on facebook

    Correct me if I am wrong is there a 2-3% drivetrain loss with DCT? The car was a 6 speed so that'd suggest 510whp ish
    Alpha ///N - YouTube: 95CSL
    Click here to enlarge

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •