Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Upgraded turbo N54 335i with BMS JB4 tune takes on a 458 Italia from a roll twice and goes door to door with it

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1488 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by onurleft Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I believe FabSpeed made something like 506whp with Headers and no cats + re-tune. The base car did something like 460whp.
    Thanks, I didn't see that dyno.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    430 Post(s)

IIRC the 458 was driven by the son of a very generous father, who let him beat on his baby all day. Sweet car. But I was happy to see SRanch335 go nose to nose with it. Click here to enlarge
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

4 out of 4 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    LOL at the people doubting the epicness of the 458. Too f*cking funny.

The 335i could have 1000hp. It is still a hunk of sh*t compared to the 458.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

What are you guys talking about? The 335i is obviously the same as a Ferrari now. Oh, and a Supra too.
    Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Weird to see some of the comments in here.

Unless you're just some rich yuppie that has no concept of car modifications, why would you be the least bit upset at a car beating you ( ANY car ). Confused ? Sure. Upset ? Uh, no. A real car enthusiast knows where their money is going and understands the reality of life. That reality is: There is ALWAYS someone faster. If you need your loss from another car to come by some stripped down race prepped car, or something valued much higher than your car, you're pathetic. If I chose to purchase a 458, I know what I should and shouldn't be able to beat ( when comparing stocks of course ). Once a car is modded, you're advised to expect the unexpected. This vid was a simple display of that. I would do exactly as another member here posted. Ask for mods, give my congrats and drive home happy as I came. You know, what REAL car enthusiasts do.

Simply knowing the mods will stifle any ill feelings and educate you to the capabilities of a certain setup ( in case you were to run into something similar again ). This video was certainly suprising. That 335 is definitely a beast ! And you're right Sticky, that runway really looks tip top.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Drag racing is an ego contest and in a lot of cases it comes down to who's prepared to spend more $$$.

Losing sucks. Nobody races to lose, we all want to win, it's hard to top that adrenaline rush.

I'm sure the 458 owner won't lose any sleep over the loss but he will most definitely remember this loss for a long time.

He will also gain some respect for what BMW's are capable of and give it a second thought about running one again, especially if he's got his woman or mates in the car.

Losing to an equally impressive supercar, even if by bus-lengths is easier to accept, but losing to an entry level non-///M 3 series? It's a peasants car by comparison.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1488 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BMW86 Click here to enlarge
    Drag racing is an ego contest and in a lot of cases it comes down to who's prepared to spend more $$$.
    Anything automotive performance related comes down to who spends more $$$.

He will also gain some respect for what BMW's are capable of and give it a second thought about running one again, especially if he's got his woman or mates in the car.
    He's never going to run into an RB turbo upgraded 335 on race gas on the street.

Losing to an equally impressive supercar, even if by bus-lengths is easier to accept, but losing to an entry level non-///M 3 series? It's a peasants car by comparison.
    I didn't say it...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

This thread is full of lawls. I'm sure the 458 owner was ready to straight up trade cars with the 335 after the 2nd race and the 335 owner politely refused because his car was faster...

Let's be serious Click here to enlarge
    2010 e92 M3 Jet Black | DCT | ESS Tuned | Akrapovic Slip-on | Challenge X-pipe | AFE Intake | 18" Volk TE37SL | KW V3 Coilovers | RPI Scoops | Under Drive Pulley

2007 e92 Mont. Blue 335i | 6MT | COBB Tuned | Quaife 3.46 LSD | Helix FMIC | AA DPs | HKS Exhaust | DCI | Stett CP w/ Forged DVs | KWv2 Coilovers | UUC Sway Bars & SSK | HPF Stg 2 Clutch | HFS-4 | M3 Suspension Bits | DEFIVfab Diff Lockdown Kit | Stoptech Trophy BBK

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Anything automotive performance related comes down to who spends more $$$.
    Not the case in this instance.

He's never going to run into an RB turbo upgraded 335 on race gas on the street.
    No.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

The first part of your statement makes sense, it's the second part that is stupid. If you owned a 458 Italia and were so super concerned with straightline racing, you can build it to crap on any 335 in existence with just a stock internal low boost turbo kit. So there's nothing to be upset about. I'd be more angry about not being able to afford a 458 Italia.
    Well the 458 owner was at the event, wasn't he? So he obviously cared. And he's for sure NOT amused to see his bella macchina get spanked by a lowly bimmer and the vids spread around on the Interwebs.

And no, he probably doesn't care if it's a 335i or an M3...

Ok, not all Ferrari owners are arrogant pieces of $#@!, there's a handful of them which are enthusiasts too like we are. Sadly that's the minority.
    E92 335i SB / Black Leather / 6AT / Navi Prof / Sunroof / Active Steering
    Mods: Performance Seats / Performance Exhaust / RB Turbos / M3 CF Roof / Brembo GT BBK 355/345 / Rollcage / M3 Mirrors / Forge FMIC / QUAIFE LSD / Ohlins R&T / M3 Suspension Parts / Vorshlag Camberplates / Megan Toe Links / LeatherZ Gauges / Extended M3 DCT Paddles / ER Sports OC / AR OC / Aux Radiator / AR catted DP / COBB Pro-Tune
    Next: GTS Wing

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1488 Post(s)

Not the case in this instance.
    Kind of does.

No.
    Ya.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1488 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Autobahn335i Click here to enlarge
    Well the 458 owner was at the event, wasn't he? So he obviously cared.
    So because he's there straight line racing must be all he cares about? He could not have been there to have fun?

And he's for sure NOT amused to see his bella macchina get spanked by a lowly bimmer and the vids spread around on the Interwebs.
    Why are you speaking for him and coming to conclusions for him? Many people here have stated if they had a 458 they wouldn't care. You want to think the 458 owner cares as if that elevates the 335 somehow.

Ok, not all Ferrari owners are arrogant pieces of $#@!, there's a handful of them which are enthusiasts too like we are.
    I think "we" gets thrown around liberally. A lot of 335 owners aren't enthusiasts as if they were they would understand the 458 is a whole different ballgame.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

So because he's there straight line racing must be all he cares about? He could not have been there to have fun?
    Why are you speaking for him and coming to conclusions for him? Many people here have stated if they had a 458 they wouldn't care. You want to think the 458 owner cares as if that elevates the 335 somehow.
    I think "we" gets thrown around liberally. A lot of 335 owners aren't enthusiasts as if they were they would understand the 458 is a whole different ballgame.
    I'm not elevating any car and no one debates the 458 is in a different ballpark. Still nice to see the underdog make a hit vs a big player, no? Click here to enlarge

Cheer up. Didn't any blown M3's run the 458? The vids should make your day.
    E92 335i SB / Black Leather / 6AT / Navi Prof / Sunroof / Active Steering
    Mods: Performance Seats / Performance Exhaust / RB Turbos / M3 CF Roof / Brembo GT BBK 355/345 / Rollcage / M3 Mirrors / Forge FMIC / QUAIFE LSD / Ohlins R&T / M3 Suspension Parts / Vorshlag Camberplates / Megan Toe Links / LeatherZ Gauges / Extended M3 DCT Paddles / ER Sports OC / AR OC / Aux Radiator / AR catted DP / COBB Pro-Tune
    Next: GTS Wing

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1488 Post(s)

Still nice to see the underdog make a hit vs a big player, no?
    Yes, sure. It could even be done with an LS swapped insert car here.

Cheer up. Didn't any blown M3's run the 458? The vids should make your day.
    I'm very familiar with a blown M3's performance. I'd rather have a 458 and keep it stock forever.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

458 is still my dream car, says this n54 owner.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by M3_WC Click here to enlarge
    Great results. That RB car is very quick.

(Shiv's single vs 458 for reference. Race starts at 5:50.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5P6ZkjWl_qo
    so.. a 650hp shiv driven 335 is slower than a 500hp RB BMS 335..?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)

This thread is just like the Stage 3 C63 vs stock M5 thread.

The only difference is that the "race" car (if 8k in mod's make it that) is 1/4 the price of the 458. Rather than the other way around.
    Tired of being cold? I sell pieces of paradise! Click here to enlargePM me for more info!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

In the end, one guy gets to drive home in a bad ass ferrari..... the other guy... not so much. That BMW is fast though.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by E90SoFlo Click here to enlarge
    This thread is just like the Stage 3 C63 vs stock M5 thread.

The only difference is that the "race" car (if 8k in mod's make it that) is 1/4 the price of the 458. Rather than the other way around.
    You are correct sir. I guess "Chest Thumping" when its a non stock Beemer beating a stock car is ok but not when a Merc does the spanking on a BMW....

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1488 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by E55pilot Click here to enlarge
    You are correct sir. I guess "Chest Thumping" when its a non stock Beemer beating a stock car is ok but not when a Merc does the spanking on a BMW....
    A great point...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Im pretty sure there are plenty of 135s and 335s w RB turbos running around on meth+E85 and im pretty sure there are dynos of meth+e85 putting up better numbers than race gas.
    2007 AW/Beige E92 335i 6MT / JB4 G5 ISO E85 w BMS Cobb Flash / NLS/2STEP / RPi IC / BMS DCI / Raceland DPs / CMGS VC2 Trunk Meth(off) / ACT HD Clutch / NGK Step Colder Plugs / BMW SSK/UUC KNOB / M3 Front Control Arms / CF Trunk Lip/Mirror Covers / LED Angel Eyes / LCI Taillights / M-tech front lip / TR Motorsport(Enkei) MT1 18x8/18x9.5 / Hankook Ventus V12s 245/275

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1488 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by wtfmateim65 Click here to enlarge
    Im pretty sure there are plenty of 135s and 335s w RB turbos running around on meth+E85 and im pretty sure there are dynos of meth+e85 putting up better numbers than race gas.
    That's a needle in a 3-Series haystack to run into randomly on the street honestly.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123