Close

Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    644
    Rep Points
    684.9
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    7


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No

    UUC's Shipping and Manufacturing Departments are horrible

    I ordered a UUC SSK and DSSR + Trans Mounts on 1/18/2013, it was important that these would be shipped out same day because I was dropping off my car to have it's clutch replaced and I wouldn't want to have to go back twice. Thankfully the sales-person assured me that indeed, they did have them in stock and I should receive a confirmation shortly.

    The parts haven't arrived, I haven't received an email and my car is about to go under for the clutch and flywheel. I call up UUC because you can't email them and they assure me that they're waiting on one small part that's holding up my kit, good news is that they'll have it next week and they'll ship it out next day.

    So the kit ships out 1/29/2013, it's missing the DSSR. The DSSR unit is now marked as backordered, I call them and 'Rob' says don't worry it's easy to install after the fact (it isn't) at this point I'm waiting for a flywheel from ClutchMasters (6 Bolt Crank, that's another story) so I'm irritated but it's not a big deal.

    Week goes by without shipping, I call, don't worry one week out. End of that week I call it'll be two weeks out. I call today and there's no ETA, it's just backordered. So I cancelled, hopefully Turner has them in stock and can overnight the damn thing.

    So tl;dr:
    UUC's Sales Department doesn't know what things are in stock or out of stock. They will lie to you to get an order in.
    UUC's Manufacturing Department doesn't give accurate timelines. They will lie to you to placate you.

    The good news is that any of their re-sellers actually know what they have in stock and will gladly price-match any of UUCs promotions, it's my hope that you never have to deal with them or their ridiculous business practices.
    LEMANS BLUE M-TECH E92->PROCEDE REV3::ETS 7" FMIC::RACELAND DPS::WAVETRAC DIFF::DEFIV DIFF LOCKDOWN::DEFIV OCC::DEFIV INTAKE::RB PCV

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    127
    Rep Points
    93.1
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Reputation: Yes | No
    just waited over a month for my uuc short shifter and dssr.....

  3. #3
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Posts
    1,640
    Rep Points
    2,149.8
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    22


    Reputation: Yes | No
    I had to install my SSK 3 times because one of the original little washers that attaches the SSK to the transmission wasn't machined correctly. The first replacement they sent me was the same. Forgot if it was the 2nd or 3rd replacement they sent me that worked.
    2010 e92 M3 Jet Black | DCT | ESS Tuned | Akrapovic Slip-on | Challenge X-pipe | AFE Intake | 18" Volk TE37SL | KW V3 Coilovers | RPI Scoops | Under Drive Pulley

    2007 e92 Mont. Blue 335i | 6MT | COBB Tuned | Quaife 3.46 LSD | Helix FMIC | AA DPs | HKS Exhaust | DCI | Stett CP w/ Forged DVs | KWv2 Coilovers | UUC Sway Bars & SSK | HPF Stg 2 Clutch | HFS-4 | M3 Suspension Bits | DEFIVfab Diff Lockdown Kit | Stoptech Trophy BBK

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    644
    Rep Points
    684.9
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    7



    Reputation: Yes | No
    On the upside Turner already has my DSSR packaged up and shipped. Same day. No brainer to get them to price match their 15% off specials.
    LEMANS BLUE M-TECH E92->PROCEDE REV3::ETS 7" FMIC::RACELAND DPS::WAVETRAC DIFF::DEFIV DIFF LOCKDOWN::DEFIV OCC::DEFIV INTAKE::RB PCV

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,699
    Rep Points
    31,533.4
    Mentioned
    2063 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    316


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by uniter Click here to enlarge
    I ordered a UUC SSK and DSSR + Trans Mounts on 1/18/2013, it was important that these would be shipped out same day because I was dropping off my car to have it's clutch replaced and I wouldn't want to have to go back twice. Thankfully the sales-person assured me that indeed, they did have them in stock and I should receive a confirmation shortly.

    The parts haven't arrived, I haven't received an email and my car is about to go under for the clutch and flywheel. I call up UUC because you can't email them and they assure me that they're waiting on one small part that's holding up my kit, good news is that they'll have it next week and they'll ship it out next day.

    So the kit ships out 1/29/2013, it's missing the DSSR. The DSSR unit is now marked as backordered, I call them and 'Rob' says don't worry it's easy to install after the fact (it isn't) at this point I'm waiting for a flywheel from ClutchMasters (6 Bolt Crank, that's another story) so I'm irritated but it's not a big deal.

    Week goes by without shipping, I call, don't worry one week out. End of that week I call it'll be two weeks out. I call today and there's no ETA, it's just backordered. So I cancelled, hopefully Turner has them in stock and can overnight the damn thing.

    So tl;dr:
    UUC's Sales Department doesn't know what things are in stock or out of stock. They will lie to you to get an order in.
    UUC's Manufacturing Department doesn't give accurate timelines. They will lie to you to placate you.

    The good news is that any of their re-sellers actually know what they have in stock and will gladly price-match any of UUCs promotions, it's my hope that you never have to deal with them or their ridiculous business practices.
    I'm so sorry about this. Piss poor communication and customer interaction...

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,699
    Rep Points
    31,533.4
    Mentioned
    2063 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    316


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by uniter Click here to enlarge
    On the upside Turner already has my DSSR packaged up and shipped. Same day. No brainer to get them to price match their 15% off specials.
    Nobody ever complains about Turner.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,699
    Rep Points
    31,533.4
    Mentioned
    2063 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    316


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by alexx03 Click here to enlarge
    just waited over a month for my uuc short shifter and dssr.....
    Sucks this is a pattern.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    644
    Rep Points
    684.9
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    7



    Reputation: Yes | No
    Shrug, if you read around other forums people have basically the same complaint. I was shopping around and a few of their vendors dropped them since they found it so hard to procure the parts. I wish I had taken a look before trusting them to deliver.

    A lot of shops are running like this now due to the struggling economy; that's something that I can understand and tolerate for US made goods. It's just unfortunate that this company doesn't have their basic stuff locked down.
    LEMANS BLUE M-TECH E92->PROCEDE REV3::ETS 7" FMIC::RACELAND DPS::WAVETRAC DIFF::DEFIV DIFF LOCKDOWN::DEFIV OCC::DEFIV INTAKE::RB PCV

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    644
    Rep Points
    684.9
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    7



    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Nobody ever complains about Turner.
    Turner charges a premium price but they deliver.
    LEMANS BLUE M-TECH E92->PROCEDE REV3::ETS 7" FMIC::RACELAND DPS::WAVETRAC DIFF::DEFIV DIFF LOCKDOWN::DEFIV OCC::DEFIV INTAKE::RB PCV

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,699
    Rep Points
    31,533.4
    Mentioned
    2063 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    316


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by uniter Click here to enlarge
    Turner charges a premium price but they deliver.
    You get what you pay for.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •