Close

Results 1 to 17 of 17
  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    1,032
    Rep Points
    57.3
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No

    New World Record, quickest Mercedes SL VBOX 60-130mph

    http://www.dragtimes.com/Mercedes-Be...lip-25207.html

    The record was done in Doha, Qatar on the street with street tires/wheels. The car was driven by my brother @SLS Qatar. 60-130mph in 6.86s VBOX verified

    Dragtimes loaded the dynosheet from my stage 1+ upgrade. lool

    I'll have it updated when I take my car to the dyno in a few days with the stage 3 kit.Click here to enlarge
    Weistec Supercharged SL63 AMG
    Click here to enlarge
    Fastest Overall Mercedes SL Class VBOX 60-130, 6.86-
    Dragtimes.com, FEB 16 2013







  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    1,070
    Rep Points
    0.5
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    3 out of 3 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Weistec really made this car very fast. I performed this run from 3rd gear at 80km/hr. It was always unstable if I started from 2nd gear 80km/hr.
    Next time with MS109 I will let the tire pressure at 22psi to get better grip and possible start from 2nd gear.
    Hopefully 6.5s will be possible.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Abu Dhabi, UAE
    Posts
    368
    Rep Points
    127.5
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    2


    2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Congrats guys @Weistec @Jacob502 now we're talking. This is a bad a$$ SL over there, fastest 60-130 MPH record ever ( SL of course ). You forgot to mention that you were using 98 Octane ( actually 97 in Qatar ) and full weight.

    Looking forward too see some mid/low 6's.
    Fastest Mercedes in the Gulf & the Middle East
    Powered By WEISTEC
    2009 Mercedes-Benz C63 AMG Weistec Supercharged: 10.576 @ 133.562 MPH

    Click here to enlarge

  4. #4
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    1,032
    Rep Points
    57.3
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sirex63 Click here to enlarge
    Congrats guys @Weistec @Jacob502 now we're talking. This is a bad a$$ SL over there, fastest 60-130 MPH record ever ( SL of course ). You forgot to mention that you were using 98 Octane ( actually 97 in Qatar ) and full weight.

    Looking forward too see some mid/low 6's.
    Thanks bro. Actually it was a mix of 97Ron and MS103, (103+97)/2 = 100 RON, which is equivalen to 95 in the USA
    Weistec Supercharged SL63 AMG
    Click here to enlarge
    Fastest Overall Mercedes SL Class VBOX 60-130, 6.86-
    Dragtimes.com, FEB 16 2013







  5. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Abu Dhabi, UAE
    Posts
    368
    Rep Points
    127.5
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    2


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Jacob502 Click here to enlarge
    Thanks bro. Actually it was a mix of 97Ron and MS103, (103+97)/2 = 100 RON, which is equivalen to 95 in the USA
    Sweet, so you found MS103 in Qatar, I recall you were looking for some, congratulations again, finding VP in Qatar isn't that easy. I'm sure you've got some connections lol.

    Do you think getting a race tune for the MS103 would make a difference ?
    Fastest Mercedes in the Gulf & the Middle East
    Powered By WEISTEC
    2009 Mercedes-Benz C63 AMG Weistec Supercharged: 10.576 @ 133.562 MPH

    Click here to enlarge

  6. #6
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    1,032
    Rep Points
    57.3
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sirex63 Click here to enlarge
    Sweet, so you found MS103 in Qatar, I recall you were looking for some, congratulations again, finding VP in Qatar isn't that easy. I'm sure you've got some connections lol.

    Do you think getting a race tune for the MS103 would make a difference ?
    We have alot of MS103 and Q16 available. The problem is just with MS109. It isnt always available. I have now three 5 gallon drums of it and I am expecting some more to come next month.


    I am running a pump gas tune. If the ECU were to be tuned for MS103, the engine will put down more power for sure. Ofcourse an MS109 Tune would be even betterClick here to enlarge
    Weistec Supercharged SL63 AMG
    Click here to enlarge
    Fastest Overall Mercedes SL Class VBOX 60-130, 6.86-
    Dragtimes.com, FEB 16 2013







  7. #7
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    3,230
    Rep Points
    502.1
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    6


    Yes Reputation No
    I'm pretty sure this is not a record since the MKB SL Black Series has 1015hp.

    http://www.worldcarfans.com/11008212...ks-over-1000hp

  8. #8
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    1,032
    Rep Points
    57.3
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LZH Click here to enlarge
    I'm pretty sure this is not a record since the MKB SL Black Series has 1015hp.

    http://www.worldcarfans.com/11008212...ks-over-1000hp


    We are talking about Vbox records and not HP ratings. Now unless you find an SL with a verified Vbox 60-130mph tapping less than 6.86, I still own the record.

    MKB's SL65 BS has 1000HP?, ok, can you show me a dynosheet? (Dont bother I tried emailing them about it for more than two months and they sent me NOTHING).

    Lastly, this MKP 1000 was driven by Henrik Wetzel from MKB at the German Mile race in 2011. A 1000 HP car shouldnt lose the one mile race against a NA C63 driven by Jimmy PelkaClick here to enlarge

    Here is the Event on 7-9-2011

    http://www.dragtimes.com/video-viewe...RDzp_I&feature


    This is what the SL65 tapped at the one mile by henrik 280.0 Km/hr
    http://www.race-at-airport.de/index....=6&event_id=51

    Same Day, a NA C63 from PPP tapped 281.3:
    http://www.race-at-airport.de/index....=6&event_id=51

    (note: on the Klasse tab choose the (Pro16) and you will find Jimmy's C63)

    Do your research on the Event and youll find that the C63 even finished the mile in a shorter time.


    Check out the offical MKB website. You would expect a 1000HP SL BS to tap less than 11.1 at the quarter mile
    http://www.mkb-tuning.de/en/supercars/mkb_p_1000.php

    You got tuned SL65 convertibles on dragtimes on hot weathers tapping 11.0, but this 1015 HP SL65 BS is tapping 11.1!

    There is no way this MKB SL65 BS is making 1000HP.
    Weistec Supercharged SL63 AMG
    Click here to enlarge
    Fastest Overall Mercedes SL Class VBOX 60-130, 6.86-
    Dragtimes.com, FEB 16 2013







  9. #9
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Portland OR
    Posts
    387
    Rep Points
    111.8
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Jacob502 Click here to enlarge
    We are talking about Vbox records and not HP ratings. Now unless you find an SL with a verified Vbox 60-130mph tapping less than 6.86, I still own the record.

    MKB's SL65 BS has 1000HP?, ok, can you show me a dynosheet? (Dont bother I tried emailing them about it for more than two months and they sent me NOTHING).

    Lastly, this MKP 1000 was driven by Henrik Wetzel from MKB at the German Mile race in 2011. A 1000 HP car shouldnt lose the one mile race against a NA C63 driven by Jimmy PelkaClick here to enlarge

    Here is the Event on 7-9-2011

    http://www.dragtimes.com/video-viewe...RDzp_I&feature


    This is what the SL65 tapped at the one mile by henrik 280.0 Km/hr
    http://www.race-at-airport.de/index....=6&event_id=51

    Same Day, a NA C63 from PPP tapped 281.3:
    http://www.race-at-airport.de/index....=6&event_id=51

    (note: on the Klasse tab choose the (Pro16) and you will find Jimmy's C63)

    Do your research on the Event and youll find that the C63 even finished the mile in a shorter time.


    Check out the offical MKB website. You would expect a 1000HP SL BS to tap less than 11.1 at the quarter mile
    http://www.mkb-tuning.de/en/supercars/mkb_p_1000.php

    You got tuned SL65 convertibles on dragtimes on hot weathers tapping 11.0, but this 1015 HP SL65 BS is tapping 11.1!

    There is no way this MKB SL65 BS is making 1000HP.
    BAM, you know your $#@! bro. Good job.... Sick street numbers. Sihk335 is sending me his VBOX to play with, but I won't be anywhere close without a turbo upgrade. Look forward to seeing some better numbers with some minor updates. Good luck.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    1,032
    Rep Points
    57.3
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Wedge1967 Click here to enlarge
    BAM, you know your $#@! bro. Good job.... Sick street numbers. Sihk335 is sending me his VBOX to play with, but I won't be anywhere close without a turbo upgrade. Look forward to seeing some better numbers with some minor updates. Good luck.
    I appreciate the kind words. Thank you. Weistec and I are working to develop a lower intake for my SL. With that and adding a higher octane race fuel (i'm still on a pump tune) I should tap lower numbers. I will try to take it to the drag as well.

    Thanks
    Weistec Supercharged SL63 AMG
    Click here to enlarge
    Fastest Overall Mercedes SL Class VBOX 60-130, 6.86-
    Dragtimes.com, FEB 16 2013







  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    118,915
    Rep Points
    31,844.0
    Mentioned
    2091 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    319


    Yes Reputation No
    Congrats on the record, very well done.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    3,230
    Rep Points
    502.1
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    6


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Jacob502 Click here to enlarge
    We are talking about Vbox records and not HP ratings. Now unless you find an SL with a verified Vbox 60-130mph tapping less than 6.86, I still own the record.

    MKB's SL65 BS has 1000HP?, ok, can you show me a dynosheet? (Dont bother I tried emailing them about it for more than two months and they sent me NOTHING).

    Lastly, this MKP 1000 was driven by Henrik Wetzel from MKB at the German Mile race in 2011. A 1000 HP car shouldnt lose the one mile race against a NA C63 driven by Jimmy PelkaClick here to enlarge

    Here is the Event on 7-9-2011

    http://www.dragtimes.com/video-viewe...RDzp_I&feature


    This is what the SL65 tapped at the one mile by henrik 280.0 Km/hr
    http://www.race-at-airport.de/index....=6&event_id=51

    Same Day, a NA C63 from PPP tapped 281.3:
    http://www.race-at-airport.de/index....=6&event_id=51

    (note: on the Klasse tab choose the (Pro16) and you will find Jimmy's C63)

    Do your research on the Event and youll find that the C63 even finished the mile in a shorter time.


    Check out the offical MKB website. You would expect a 1000HP SL BS to tap less than 11.1 at the quarter mile
    http://www.mkb-tuning.de/en/supercars/mkb_p_1000.php

    You got tuned SL65 convertibles on dragtimes on hot weathers tapping 11.0, but this 1015 HP SL65 BS is tapping 11.1!

    There is no way this MKB SL65 BS is making 1000HP.
    Click here to enlarge

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    118,915
    Rep Points
    31,844.0
    Mentioned
    2091 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    319


    Yes Reputation No
    They are talking about 60-130 records so let's please keep this on topic, no flaming.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    164
    Rep Points
    118.3
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Jacob502 Click here to enlarge
    http://www.dragtimes.com/Mercedes-Be...lip-25207.html

    The record was done in Doha, Qatar on the street with street tires/wheels. The car was driven by my brother @SLS Qatar. 60-130mph in 6.86s VBOX verified

    Dragtimes loaded the dynosheet from my stage 1+ upgrade. lool

    I'll have it updated when I take my car to the dyno in a few days with the stage 3 kit.Click here to enlarge

    Congrats on the record. You got a sharp looking SL. I love the wheels on it. Weistec cars are breaking records in every category right now.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    192
    Rep Points
    290.8
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    3


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Congrats! Very impressive times for a MB Click here to enlarge . Btw have you dynoed the SL?

  16. #16
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    1,032
    Rep Points
    57.3
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by AWD75 Click here to enlarge
    Congrats! Very impressive times for a MB Click here to enlarge . Btw have you dynoed the SL?
    Not yet. I will though shortly, I will let you all know about it. The dyno posted on dragtimes was from my 2.3L stage 1+. I already contacted them and they told me they will update the dyno graph as soon as I post the new run with my stage 3 kit.
    Weistec Supercharged SL63 AMG
    Click here to enlarge
    Fastest Overall Mercedes SL Class VBOX 60-130, 6.86-
    Dragtimes.com, FEB 16 2013







  17. #17
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    27
    Rep Points
    98.0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Great Result!

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •