02-05-2013, 02:19 AM #1
Best chicken wing recipes / recommendations
Ok, so anyone have some good wing recipes or recommendations?
Grilled honey BBQ wings.
3-4lbs chicken wings (separated at the joint, wing tips discarded)
Honey BBQ sauce-
1 cup ketchup
1 cup white vinegar
1/2 cup molasses
1/2 cup honey
1 teaspoon liquid smoke
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon onion powder
1/4 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
1. In a medium sauce pan combine ketchup, vinegar, molasses, honey, liquid smoke, salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, and Tabasco sauce. Mix together until smooth.
2. Bring the mixture to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer uncovered for 30 minutes, or until the mixture thickens. (Take your time with this and let it cook down good.) Remove from heat.
3. Grease or spray the grill grates and heat the grill to medium high heat. Place chicken wings onto the grill and cook, turning as needed until the chicken wings are fully cooked (the internal temperature has reached 165 degrees).
4. During the last few minutes of cooking brush with the honey BBQ sauce; reserve any leftover sauce to serve with the chicken wings.
Bacon wrapped wings.
- 10 fresh whole chicken wings
- 10 slices thinly sliced bacon
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1. Soak at least 20 toothpicks in water for an 1 hour.
- 2. With a sharp knife, cut the tips off the chicken wings and save them for stock. Slash the inside of the wing joint but dont cut all the way through. You just want to help them cook more evenly. Working with 1 wing at a time, straighten it and then wrap it with a slice of bacon, starting at the top and spiraling to the bottom. Secure it with a couple of toothpicks. Season the bacon-wrapped wings liberally with the pepper.
- 3. Prepare the grill for cooking over indirect heat. Grill the wings for 30 minutes. Flip and cook for another 30 minutes, until the bacon is crisp and the wings are fully cooked. (In what can only be acknowledged as a serendipitous act on the part of the universe, the two are done at almost the exact same instant.) Transfer the wings to a platter and let rest for 5 minutes.
- 4. You may serve the wings whole or you could serve them in individual segments by cutting them apart, taking care to keep the bacon in place. Remove the toothpicks and serve.
02-05-2013, 02:21 AM #2
I'm going to try making these:
BlackBerry Chipotle Hot Wings
Blackberry Chipotle Hot Wings
1 pack wingettes or party wings
1 cup flour
1 tablespoon Montreal Steak Seasoning (or other seasoned salt)
Vegetable or canola oil for frying
1 cup blackberries
1 tbsp brown sugar
3 tsp adobo sauce from canned chipotles in adobo
2 chipotle peppers in adobo
1. Combine flour and seasoned salt in a gallon sized Ziploc bag. Add the chicken to the bag and toss to coat.
2. Fill a medium sized saucepan about three inches deep with oil. Heat until oil reaches 325 degrees. Add the chicken in batches to the oil, being careful not to crowd the pan. Fry until wings are golden brown and remove to a paper towel lined plate.
3. While the chicken is frying, begin cooking the berries in a saucepan over medium-low heat. Once they've sufficiently broken down, add the sugar, adobo sauce, and chipotles. Let cook for about five minutes.
4. Using an immersion blender or a blender, blend the sauce until there are no remaining chunks. Pour into a fine mesh strainer over a bowl and use a rubber spatula to press the mixture through the strainer.
5. Add the chicken to the sauce and toss to coat. Serve with cucumbers and ranch.