Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No

NEXT BLACK SERIES ?

With AMG coming out with new models left and right it would only stand to reason that the next Black Series is already in the works and will most likely have the M157. I'm hoping it will be an E63 coupe Black Series - if so, I will be first in line. It only makes sense as the CLK BS was the last CLK off the assembly line and that platform was basically replaced by the E coupe. With the recent photos of the new E lineup, I'm really hoping this is the case. What do you guys think ?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Hard to tell. The pencil pushers will know. No E Coupe AMG so probabley no BS.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LZH Click here to enlarge
    With AMG coming out with new models left and right it would only stand to reason that the next Black Series is already in the works and will most likely have the M157. I'm hoping it will be an E63 coupe Black Series - if so, I will be first in line. It only makes sense as the CLK BS was the last CLK off the assembly line and that platform was basically replaced by the E coupe. With the recent photos of the new E lineup, I'm really hoping this is the case. What do you guys think ?
    Luke, I was on a PL chat session about a week and a half ago, I asked about an AMG E63 coupe and even predicted the next BS would be an E coupe and Will Vetter came rigt out and said there are no short term or long term plans to offer an AMG E coupe. My prediction is they go back to and SLK BS with a tt but not the M157, a smaller 4.0 or a 4.4 .
    Click here to enlarge

1000+WHP WEISTEC 2008 CLK63 Black Series
    790WHP WEISTEC 2012 C63 Black Series
    725WHP WEISTEC 2014 SLS Black Series

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2134 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I don't think it will be M157 based unless it is an SL again. Considering the depreciation on the SL65 Black Series I just don't feel Mercedes will do it again but I never thought they would do it with the SL to begin with.

I would expect to see an SLC Black Series before anything else. That means the new 4.0 liter turbo that is going in the next C63.