Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

ANOTHER SCHOOL SHOOTING! WTF IS WRONG WITH PEOPLE!?

"Armed Police Officer Stops School Shooting in Georgia

Yesterday a school shooting was quickly stopped before it escalated further thanks to an armed guard being on campus.
    A student opened fire at his middle school Thursday afternoon, wounding a 14-year-old in the neck before an armed officer working at the school was able to get the gun away, police said.

Multiple shots were fired in the courtyard of Price Middle School just south of downtown around 1:50 p.m. and the one boy was hit, Atlanta Police Chief George Turner said. In the aftermath, a teacher received minor cuts, he said.

The wounded boy was taken "alert, conscious and breathing" to Grady Memorial Hospital, said police spokesman Carlos Campos. He was expected to be released Thursday night.

Police swarmed the school of about 400 students after reports of the shooting while a crowd of anxious parents gathered in the streets, awaiting word on their children. Students were kept at the locked-down school for more than two hours before being dismissed.

Investigators believe the shooting was not random and that something occurred between the two students that may have led to it.

Schools Superintendent Erroll Davis said the school does have metal detectors.

"The obvious question is how did this get past a metal detector?" Davis asked about the gun. "Thatís something we do not know yet."
    A good guy with a gun, stopped a bad guy with a gun. We've been hearing anti-gunners mock the National Rifle Association for weeks after Executive Vice President Wayne LaPierre suggested putting an armed guard in every school, clearly he isn't far off the mark. The fact is, armed police officers are already in many of the nation's schools and have been for a very long time. They're used at sporting functions, school dances, as a deterrent for bad behavior and more on a daily basis.
    This incident in Atlanta comes just one week after Vice President Joe Biden said putting armed guards in schools would be a "terrible mistake," even though as I said above, many schools already have them. Not to mention, while the Obama administration continues to publicly slam the NRA for suggesting such a measure, which has been proven to work, they're quietly working to secure funding for...morepolice in schools.
    "

oh, you didnt hear about it yet? what a suprise.. a good guy with a gun stopped a bad guy..

http://townhall.com/tipsheet/katiepa...orgia-n1502907

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Expect media to brush this one under the carpet.
    Click here to enlarge
    471whp on E85

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Unreal...
    PTF PROTuned | RB's | AMS FMIC | AR DP's | HPF Exhaust | CP-E DCI | Apex Arc 8's | 235/275 Star Specs |

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Whatever happened to just having a fight... God, why do these kids have to resort to using weapons and killing each other over small things... I remember fights after school using my fists, not knives, not guns... and guess what the next day me and the kid I had a fight with were friends... now a day, it's "i'm gonna put a bullet in yur ass" and for what, because he looked at you wrong, because he got the girl you wanted... Now your going to jail and your life is ruined for nothing...
    2013 Dodge Challenger R/T: CAI, Catch Can, Shorty Headers, Custom Exhuast, M.M. 87mm Throttle Body, DiabloToona Custom 93 Oct Tune, 190* Thermostat, Seibon CF Grille, 6.4 CAM, Inertia M.S Ported Cylinder Heads
    Pending Mods: T/A Hood, S/C

2011 X5 35i Premium: Black Grille, Boopie Custom 3" Dual Exhaust & Custom N55 FMIC, JB3 (+3psi)

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Nothing to see here... Just another example of a gun being used to stop crime. The mainstream media only gets involved when they can exploit the mass murder of little kids to further their ratings and statist agenda.
    Current: '00 S2000
    Previous: '15 M235i xDrive | '15 Macan S | '15 WRX STi | '06 Cayman S | '12 E92 335is w/JB4 | '10 STi

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by whoosh Click here to enlarge
    Nothing to see here... Just another example of a gun being used to stop crime. The mainstream media only gets involved when they can exploit the mass murder of little kids to further their ratings and statist agenda.
    Not always. I can post articles for you how 2 retards will have a shootout of their own and kill an innocent bystander and that won't make the news either.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by sr20seb Click here to enlarge
    Not always. I can post articles for you how 2 retards will have a shootout of their own and kill an innocent bystander and that won't make the news either.
    gang related, or 2 legally purchased weapon owners firing at eachother?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Seen this on Fox as it was happening.

No info sense. (since)

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    @LostMarine. Why are you asking whats wrong with people when clearly it is the guns fault?
    ​#Chuckstrong

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by KB Click here to enlarge
    @LostMarine . Why are you asking whats wrong with people when clearly it is the guns fault?
    i was using sensationalism to get people to read it with a preconceived notion of the following context.. only to find out it was thwarted exactly how pro2A people said it would.. Click here to enlarge

but yes, clearly, the weapon holds all the blame

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Not sure how the "armed guard" stopped the shooter, but it doesn't say anything about the guard using his gun. So it would seem to me that him being armed has nothing to do with the discussion. I agree that there should be armed guards at all schools - but in this instance it doesn't seem like him being armed had any bearing on the outcome - it just says he was "able to her the gun away".

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LZH Click here to enlarge
    Not sure how the "armed guard" stopped the shooter, but it doesn't say anything about the guard using his gun. So it would seem to me that him being armed has nothing to do with the discussion. I agree that there should be armed guards at all schools - but in this instance it doesn't seem like him being armed had any bearing on the outcome - it just says he was "able to her the gun away".
    I don't know. If the $#@! knew the guard had a gun he would probably give up a little easier not wanting to be shot.
    ​#Chuckstrong

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    , just having it and not actually firing it is not the justification to whether the tool was the deciding factor in the event is absurd. a deconflicted engagement doesnt mean the weapon MUST be fired for the weapon to be the deciding factor. if the man had no gun, then he was no threat, and would have been shot. The story above is a direct representation of what many already said. They dont want confrontation, so an unarmed populace is no threat and they do as they please. arm the populace, and they think twice, or run away

he had the kid put the weapon down.. how do you suppose he did that? with the DHS approved "scissors" or the threat of being fired upon?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    gang related, or 2 legally purchased weapon owners firing at eachother?
    The latter.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    , just having it and not actually firing it is not the justification to whether the tool was the deciding factor in the event is absurd. a deconflicted engagement doesnt mean the weapon MUST be fired for the weapon to be the deciding factor. if the man had no gun, then he was no threat, and would have been shot. The story above is a direct representation of what many already said. They dont want confrontation, so an unarmed populace is no threat and they do as they please. arm the populace, and they think twice, or run away

he had the kid put the weapon down.. how do you suppose he did that? with the DHS approved "scissors" or the threat of being fired upon?

Hey I totally agree with you. I was just pointing out that the information on how it exactly went down is lacking and also says the guy was off duty so the shooter may not even have known if he was armed. The guy could have tackled the kid from behind...point is we don't know and assuming the guy was able to disarm the the kid because the kid knew he had a gun too is a bit presumptuous.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Hey I totally agree with you. I was just pointing out that the information on how it exactly went down is lacking and also says the guy was off duty so the shooter may not even have known if he was armed. The guy could have tackled the kid from behind...point is we don't know and assuming the guy was able to disarm the the kid because the kid knew he had a gun too is a bit presumptuous.
    yea, i just argued that same concept with a different friend, hence the text formatting.
    he was an off duty cop, doing a part time gig as security.. just like any georgia person can do, with a ccw. I would be less pleased if he actually did tackle and not draw down, unless the situation required it. but that even further proves that armed citizens are nto crazy and looking to get into OK orral shoot-outs like the wingnuts like to claim.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    This wont be on the news. They are too busy doing live feeds of that hostage situation in alabama or something.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2109 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by FLYING X5 Click here to enlarge
    Whatever happened to just having a fight... God, why do these kids have to resort to using weapons and killing each other over small things... I remember fights after school using my fists, not knives, not guns... and guess what the next day me and the kid I had a fight with were friends... now a day, it's "i'm gonna put a bullet in yur ass" and for what, because he looked at you wrong, because he got the girl you wanted... Now your going to jail and your life is ruined for nothing...
    They pretty much forfeit life so a good old fashioned fight won't work.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by FLYING X5 Click here to enlarge
    Whatever happened to just having a fight...
    Back in the day, 60's/70's, a fight was usually the method of resolving differences. You couldn't find a gun or afford one if you found it, most adults wouldn't sell a gun to a kid. The problem with that was the biggest kid always won.

Now a punk with an attitude can equalize any opponents fighting style (mma, karate, k-razor...), by busting a cap in their ass. Add that to a boy (face it, women don't do most of the crazy shiiiiit) who doesn't know how to be a man, single mother household, dickhead father, abuse, whatever....there goes the next wacko!