Close

Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    36
    Rep Points
    36.6
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    2 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No

    Cool Kleemann can't eliminate CEL (check engine light) for M278 with downpipes

    bought the kleemann down pipe with my Brabus tune, a check engine appeared, Kleemann asked me to send the ECU to delet the ECU sensor. i then asked Kleemann to retune my ECU and desided to remove the Brabus Piggy back tune.
    i recived the retuned ECU and installed it on my car after disconecting the battery. i then waited for a while and reconnected the battery and started my car, all is well but the CHECK ENGINE light is still on. i drove the car and the car is fine, but the CHECK ENGINE is still on. do you have any recommendation on what ould be wrong?
    by the way this is for the E500 M278 now with Kleemann ECU tune and Kleemann downpipe.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,067
    Rep Points
    31,287.6
    Mentioned
    2053 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    313


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by hayel Click here to enlarge
    bought the kleemann down pipe with my Brabus tune, a check engine appeared, Kleemann asked me to send the ECU to delet the ECU sensor. i then asked Kleemann to retune my ECU and desided to remove the Brabus Piggy back tune.
    i recived the retuned ECU and installed it on my car after disconecting the battery. i then waited for a while and reconnected the battery and started my car, all is well but the CHECK ENGINE light is still on. i drove the car and the car is fine, but the CHECK ENGINE is still on. do you have any recommendation on what ould be wrong?
    by the way this is for the E500 M278 now with Kleemann ECU tune and Kleemann downpipe.
    Seems they can't disable the CEL. May want to consider trying someone else...

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    164
    Rep Points
    118.3
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Seems they can't disable the CEL. May want to consider trying someone else...
    What do you have against Kleeman brother ? Why do you always seem to be attacking them?


    For the OP,

    Don't worry The ECU tune is fine. The CEL is from a previous stored fault. Take it to a dealer or any person who has an OBD interface and just clear it. Your fine my friend

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,067
    Rep Points
    31,287.6
    Mentioned
    2053 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    313


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Fast Lane Click here to enlarge
    What do you have against Kleeman brother ? Why do you always seem to be attacking them?

    For the OP,

    Don't worry The ECU tune is fine. The CEL is from a previous stored fault. Take it to a dealer or any person who has an OBD interface and just clear it. Your fine my friend
    Not attacking but I would think they would provide the necessary instruction or tune to take care of the issue. If I paid for a tune expecting it to disable the CEL and was told it would disable the CEL and it didn't disable the CEL and it required more actions from me to get it to disable the CEL I wouldn't be happy.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    4,198
    Rep Points
    1,800.2
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    19


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by hayel Click here to enlarge
    all is well but the CHECK ENGINE light is still on. i drove the car and the car is fine, but the CHECK ENGINE is still on. do you have any recommendation on what ould be wrong?
    by the way this is for the E500 M278 now with Kleemann ECU tune and Kleemann downpipe.
    Are you 100% sure it's the catless DPs causing the Check Engine light to come on?
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump


    "The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    36
    Rep Points
    36.6
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0



    Reputation: Yes | No
    hi, it seems that after i left my car for the night, the next morning the check engine light went off. i think it needed some time.

    so now had the new Kleemann tune with the down pipe and i have to say that the car drives more agressively than the Brabus tune. i can feel the diffrence in power more than before. maybe due to the Kleemann ECU tune, or the Kleemann down pipe or both, but i am very happy now.
    both Brabus and Kleemann are good companies and they are very helpful. i contacted Brabus Germany for the instruction to remove the Piggy Back Brabus kit and they were very helpfull and sent me instructions on how to do it.
    Kleemann was also very helpful and made my E500 preform even better.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,067
    Rep Points
    31,287.6
    Mentioned
    2053 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    313


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by hayel Click here to enlarge
    so now had the new Kleemann tune with the down pipe and i have to say that the car drives more agressively than the Brabus tune. i can feel the diffrence in power more than before. maybe due to the Kleemann ECU tune, or the Kleemann down pipe or both, but i am very happy now.
    I would venture to guess the ECU flash is more aggressive than the Brabus piggyback.

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by hayel Click here to enlarge
    both Brabus and Kleemann are good companies and they are very helpful. i contacted Brabus Germany for the instruction to remove the Piggy Back Brabus kit and they were very helpfull and sent me instructions on how to do it.
    Kleemann was also very helpful and made my E500 preform even better.
    Excellent news.

    I do find it odd your CEL suddenly turned off though... that's weird.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Naperville, IL
    Posts
    2,792
    Rep Points
    258.1
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    3


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Not attacking but I would think they would provide the necessary instruction or tune to take care of the issue. If I paid for a tune expecting it to disable the CEL and was told it would disable the CEL and it didn't disable the CEL and it required more actions from me to get it to disable the CEL I wouldn't be happy.
    I have to agree with Sticky on this one. Clearing a code is a pretty basic chore. Not sure why people would go to the expense of tuning their car and not buying a decent reader that can clear codes. They are like $100 and come in handy all the time.
    Click here to enlarge

    1000+WHP WEISTEC 2008 CLK63 Black Series
    790WHP WEISTEC 2012 C63 Black Series
    725WHP WEISTEC 2014 SLS Black Series

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Naperville, IL
    Posts
    2,792
    Rep Points
    258.1
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    3


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Some CELs self cancel after so many start cycles of the car without the same code popping up again.For instance the CEL that pops up if you leave your gas cap unscrewed, screw the gas cap back on and in a day or so the CEL will self clear. OPs CEL may have had nothing to do with tune.
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    I would venture to guess the ECU flash is more aggressive than the Brabus piggyback.



    Excellent news.

    I do find it odd your CEL suddenly turned off though... that's weird.
    Click here to enlarge

    1000+WHP WEISTEC 2008 CLK63 Black Series
    790WHP WEISTEC 2012 C63 Black Series
    725WHP WEISTEC 2014 SLS Black Series

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,067
    Rep Points
    31,287.6
    Mentioned
    2053 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    313


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by JRCART Click here to enlarge
    Some CELs selfmcancel after so many start cycles of the car without the same code popping up again.For instance the CEL that pops up if you leave your gas cap unscrewed, screw the gas cap back on and in a day or so the CEL will self clear.
    Yes but that isn't a code related to tuning. I just haven't seen one yet that say for 02 for deleted cats turns off later rather than sooner. I've seen them come back on but not the reverse. It's just weird.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    4,198
    Rep Points
    1,800.2
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    19


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by JRCART Click here to enlarge
    Some CELs self cancel after so many start cycles of the car without the same code popping up again.For instance the CEL that pops up if you leave your gas cap unscrewed, screw the gas cap back on and in a day or so the CEL will self clear. OPs CEL may have had nothing to do with tune.
    +1 for a code reader, just to be sure it's not something else that you should be more concerned about. Like Sticky said, I've never heard an o2 cancel out after a few start cycles, only seen them come back on.
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump


    "The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •