Close

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Dodger63 Click here to enlarge
    Who runs that one
    Tyler McBride and Logan Schecter. Both great guys, well educated in the art.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    You work out with James?
    Yah donaldons hbu
    A very Slow cobalt

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bignicky1 Click here to enlarge
    Yah donaldons hbu
    what days and time you go maybe ill do a drop in class..

I started at cf old bethpage now I'm @ crossfit fusion
    Click here to enlarge
    Drives: Basically a pretty bad ass f250 lifted with 24" wheels! Dpf delete 4" exhaust h&s tuner and intake..

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    what days and time you go maybe ill do a drop in class..

I started at cf old bethpage now I'm @ crossfit fusion
    Mondays Wednesdays and Fridays I'm at the 5pm and Tuesday and Thursday I'm at 12 class ... I def know you if u know James lol,,, just checked out ur profile and I met you bunch of times at Rpm meets
    A very Slow cobalt

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Just a monthly bump...anyone still doing it? Results?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Yea, I've been doing it pretty seriously for the past 3-4 months. When I started I was dumpy after working on the Presidential Campaign, coming off a steady diet of Five Guys, Chipotle, Pizza & Poptarts. Around New Year's I was 205?

Now I'm ~180, significantly leaner and stronger. I've set new maxes in all my lifts but Squats (my knee clicks from playing college baseball so I don't push too hard). It helped that I also started eating a lot better (minimum cars, avoiding sweets, high lean protein), but doing CrossFit style workouts 5-6 days a week has def brought on some quick results.
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump

"The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Itsbrokeagain Click here to enlarge
    Just a monthly bump...anyone still doing it? Results?
    hows it working out for you? Im about to start it. not because i believe in it, but because one of my guys thinks its the end-all be-all of physical fitness, so i want to do a month and blow him away at his own game.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Still been at it ... Not much weight loss but losing size which is nice
    A very Slow cobalt

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    hows it working out for you? Im about to start it. not because i believe in it, but because one of my guys thinks its the end-all be-all of physical fitness, so i want to do a month and blow him away at his own game.
    Lol youd be surprised...i have several people in mine who are current or retired military/leo, one of whom is very 'physically fit'...he blows me away but some of these workouts will leave him wiped out on the floor. It really depends on the coach...ive been to some where the workouts were not much of a sweat (yet the 'regulars' in the class were gasping for air and saying it was super hard) and others that plain made me its $#@!...all depends whos writing the program, and how hard you push yourself.

A lot is strategy im starting to realize....and diet. I changed mine up, body weight dropped, weight lifted went up, and my cardio has vastly improved (still needs a lot of work)

I have dropped 14lbs (197-8 down to 184) and finally starting to see some definition...my legs are huge tho lol. Pant size is down, and i can fit into a medium shirt finally.

Our box made it to regionals, 3 coaches are going as individual competitors and we have 8 people going as a team to compete.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Itsbrokeagain Click here to enlarge
    Lol youd be surprised...i have several people in mine who are current or retired military/leo, one of whom is very 'physically fit'...he blows me away but some of these workouts will leave him wiped out on the floor. It really depends on the coach...ive been to some where the workouts were not much of a sweat (yet the 'regulars' in the class were gasping for air and saying it was super hard) and others that plain made me its $#@!...all depends whos writing the program, and how hard you push yourself.

A lot is strategy im starting to realize....and diet. I changed mine up, body weight dropped, weight lifted went up, and my cardio has vastly improved (still needs a lot of work)

I have dropped 14lbs (197-8 down to 184) and finally starting to see some definition...my legs are huge tho lol. Pant size is down, and i can fit into a medium shirt finally.

Our box made it to regionals, 3 coaches are going as individual competitors and we have 8 people going as a team to compete.
    thats good man. I watched some video's, and it seems like its a LOT of technique, borderline technique over power, ie, a bit looser to get more reps/less time

anyway, im negotiating prices, $#@! aint cheap

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    thats good man. I watched some video's, and it seems like its a LOT of technique, borderline technique over power, ie, a bit looser to get more reps/less time

anyway, im negotiating prices, $#@! aint cheap
    CF memberships are outrageously priced.... I usually take a workout off the CrossFit FB page or the CF Mayhem Gym (Rich Froning, the CF Games 3x Champion) or CF Faction (they do the "Barbell Shrugged" podcast) and do it at my $20 a month gym that has everything.

Stressing technique varies from gym to gym & trainer to trainer, but I know at least 1 CrossFIT has been suspended from having people enter the games b/c they cheated on the reps.
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump

"The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by benzy89 Click here to enlarge
    CF memberships are outrageously priced.... I usually take a workout off the CrossFit FB page or the CF Mayhem Gym (Rich Froning, the CF Games 3x Champion) or CF Faction (they do the "Barbell Shrugged" podcast) and do it at my $20 a month gym that has everything.

Stressing technique varies from gym to gym & trainer to trainer, but I know at least 1 CrossFIT has been suspended from having people enter the games b/c they cheated on the reps.
    You are paying for the coaching really...i did the math one day and figured out an average of 200 members (most boxes have capped it at that because classes get too big to teach effectively), and if you pay monthly (the most expensive way) each month you would stand to take in $40,000. Factor in your rent, utilities, buying new equipment (not cheap when each rower is about 1000 bucks), advertising, apparel, etc, you end up with anywhere from 8-15k profit...split that among 2-3 coaches and you end up anywhere from 2700-5000 a month as your paycheck.

Considering my coaches hold classes from 6am til 8pm at night, Olympic lifting classes wednesday evening and saturday early morning, 2 extreme cardio classes saturday at noon, and open gym for two hours on sunday, i give them credit for working 6-7 days a week.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    tried a muscle up... they look easier then they are lol
    m3

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Please lmk when you go ill come and make you look silly!!
    Click here to enlarge
    Drives: Basically a pretty bad ass f250 lifted with 24" wheels! Dpf delete 4" exhaust h&s tuner and intake..

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234