Close

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 51 to 74 of 74
  1. #51
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    118,829
    Rep Points
    31,808.7
    Mentioned
    2088 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    319


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    What are the mods on the C63?

  2. #52
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    1,032
    Rep Points
    57.3
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    What are the mods on the C63?
    Weistec 3.0L
    Weistec Ice Tank
    MHP Headers + Exhust

    Please confirm Bilal
    Weistec Supercharged SL63 AMG
    Click here to enlarge
    Fastest Overall Mercedes SL Class VBOX 60-130, 6.86-
    Dragtimes.com, FEB 16 2013







  3. #53
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    1,032
    Rep Points
    57.3
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bilal Click here to enlarge
    Jacob the car is not mine its my frnd and yes we experienced some time between 4k and 5k rpm
    I'm talking about cold starts. What happened around 4000-5000rpm. Was it giving you misfiring codes?
    Weistec Supercharged SL63 AMG
    Click here to enlarge
    Fastest Overall Mercedes SL Class VBOX 60-130, 6.86-
    Dragtimes.com, FEB 16 2013







  4. #54
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Abu Dhabi, UAE
    Posts
    368
    Rep Points
    127.5
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    2


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Jacob502 Click here to enlarge
    Weistec 3.0LWeistec Ice TankMHP Headers + ExhustPlease confirm Bilal
    I think you forgot the upgraded tranny, it's a must for WS3.
    Fastest Mercedes in the Gulf & the Middle East
    Powered By WEISTEC
    2009 Mercedes-Benz C63 AMG Weistec Supercharged: 10.576 @ 133.562 MPH

    Click here to enlarge

  5. #55
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    1,032
    Rep Points
    57.3
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sirex63 Click here to enlarge
    I think you forgot the upgraded tranny, it's a must for WS3.
    I did not forget.

    He doesnt have it. He mentioned it once
    Weistec Supercharged SL63 AMG
    Click here to enlarge
    Fastest Overall Mercedes SL Class VBOX 60-130, 6.86-
    Dragtimes.com, FEB 16 2013







  6. #56
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Abu Dhabi, UAE
    Posts
    368
    Rep Points
    127.5
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    2


    2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Jacob502 Click here to enlarge
    I did not forget.

    He doesnt have it. He mentioned it once
    I recall Steven @Weistec saying that it's a must, how did he manage not to upgrade the tranny with Stage 3 ? Is his tranny going to handle that power for a long time ?!
    Fastest Mercedes in the Gulf & the Middle East
    Powered By WEISTEC
    2009 Mercedes-Benz C63 AMG Weistec Supercharged: 10.576 @ 133.562 MPH

    Click here to enlarge

  7. #57
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    65
    Rep Points
    151.3
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    2



    2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Jacob is correct we also have an upgraded valve body and no cats .....and before the ice tank we only experienced miss fire between 4k and 5k rpm

  8. #58
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    1,032
    Rep Points
    57.3
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sirex63 Click here to enlarge
    I recall Steven @Weistec saying that it's a must, how did he manage not to upgrade the tranny with Stage 3 ? Is his tranny going to handle that power for a long time ?!
    You misunderstood. It's not a must. Its highly recommended for the stage 3 upgrade as the normal 7g transmission, like you have, will not handle the power on the long run and will wear out. For example, the C63 BS already comes with the MCT with hardened internals from factory and doesn't require the tranny upgrade for the stage 3. However, when increasing the boost. The tranny upgrade is required for all transmissions. The 722.9 bullet proof upgrade that you and I have is the most powerful setup and if we need more power, the tranny will take it with no problem
    Weistec Supercharged SL63 AMG
    Click here to enlarge
    Fastest Overall Mercedes SL Class VBOX 60-130, 6.86-
    Dragtimes.com, FEB 16 2013







  9. #59
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Abu Dhabi, UAE
    Posts
    368
    Rep Points
    127.5
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    2


    2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Jacob502 Click here to enlarge
    You misunderstood. It's not a must. Its highly recommended for the stage 3 upgrade as the normal 7g transmission, like you have, will not handle the power on the long run and will wear out. For example, the C63 BS already comes with the MCT with hardened internals from factory and doesn't require the tranny upgrade for the stage 3. However, when increasing the boost. The tranny upgrade is required for all transmissions. The 722.9 bullet proof upgrade that you and I have is the most powerful setup and if we need more power, the tranny will take it with no problem
    I get you. I would've misunderstood Steven. Thanks for clarification.

    @bilal , can you list what's on that Stage 3 M3 ? What I know about those cars they weighs like +-1,200 kgs and they're very popular in Lebanon.

    Btw any intend to dyno Ali's C63 soon ?
    Fastest Mercedes in the Gulf & the Middle East
    Powered By WEISTEC
    2009 Mercedes-Benz C63 AMG Weistec Supercharged: 10.576 @ 133.562 MPH

    Click here to enlarge

  10. #60
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    65
    Rep Points
    151.3
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    2



    2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    its a stage 3 hpf with precision turbo I think pump and meth was used against the c63 ....the m3 is very light but not 1200kg light I don't know the exact figure ,it has a wide body kit carbon fiber is used but honestly I don't know the exact figure ...the c63 had everything removed exept the driver seat and its in the 750+ crank hp range the dyno In Lebanon are optimistic the hpf was rated at 910+

  11. #61
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    118,829
    Rep Points
    31,808.7
    Mentioned
    2088 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    319


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bilal Click here to enlarge
    its a stage 3 hpf with precision turbo I think pump and meth was used against the c63 ....the m3 is very light but not 1200kg light I don't know the exact figure ,it has a wide body kit carbon fiber is used but honestly I don't know the exact figure ...the c63 had everything removed exept the driver seat and its in the 750+ crank hp range the dyno In Lebanon are optimistic the hpf was rated at 910+
    Thanks for the info going to front page the race.

  12. #62
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Naperville, IL
    Posts
    2,792
    Rep Points
    258.1
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    3


    2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sirex63 Click here to enlarge
    I think you forgot the upgraded tranny, it's a must for WS3.
    Not for the MCT, I am running the stage 3 in my Black Series with stock trans.
    Click here to enlarge

    1000+WHP WEISTEC 2008 CLK63 Black Series
    790WHP WEISTEC 2012 C63 Black Series
    725WHP WEISTEC 2014 SLS Black Series

  13. #63
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Abu Dhabi, UAE
    Posts
    368
    Rep Points
    127.5
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    2


    2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by JRCART Click here to enlarge
    Not for the MCT, I am running the stage 3 in my Black Series with stock trans.
    Thanks for clarification Jim.

    The question is, wouldn't @Weistec upgrade give even the MCT a better handle of the power ? or at least a valve body and a TCU upgrade for a precise and faster shifting ?
    Fastest Mercedes in the Gulf & the Middle East
    Powered By WEISTEC
    2009 Mercedes-Benz C63 AMG Weistec Supercharged: 10.576 @ 133.562 MPH

    Click here to enlarge

  14. #64
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    1,032
    Rep Points
    57.3
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sirex63 Click here to enlarge
    Thanks for clarification Jim.

    The question is, wouldn't @Weistec upgrade give even the MCT a better handle of the power ? or at least a valve body and a TCU upgrade for a precise and faster shifting ?
    Thats what they did to mine. I have the MCT from factory, did you forget?

    Weistec upgraded my transmission and valve body
    Weistec Supercharged SL63 AMG
    Click here to enlarge
    Fastest Overall Mercedes SL Class VBOX 60-130, 6.86-
    Dragtimes.com, FEB 16 2013







  15. #65
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Saudi Arabia
    Posts
    105
    Rep Points
    173.2
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    2


    1 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Cool race.

  16. #66
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    1,032
    Rep Points
    57.3
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Alrasheed1991 Click here to enlarge
    Cool race.

    who bought your car?
    Weistec Supercharged SL63 AMG
    Click here to enlarge
    Fastest Overall Mercedes SL Class VBOX 60-130, 6.86-
    Dragtimes.com, FEB 16 2013







  17. #67
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    6
    Rep Points
    36.0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    2 out of 4 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Are you running the $#@!ty stock head bolts?

    Check out this one I just removed while switching to studs on my S3 build.

    I wouldn't trust these things running 750+hp.

    Click here to enlarge

    What are these misfires you guys are talking about?? Is the S3 tune running 9-10AFR at WOT?? That's extremely rich.

  18. #68
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    3,230
    Rep Points
    502.1
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    6


    0 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Merc63 Click here to enlarge
    Are you running the $#@!ty stock head bolts?

    Check out this one I just removed while switching to studs on my S3 build.

    I wouldn't trust these things running 750+hp.

    Click here to enlarge

    What are these misfires you guys are talking about?? Is the S3 tune running 9-10AFR at WOT?? That's extremely rich.
    that's nasty man - AMG should be ashamed. Can you take some 100 grit sand paper and see how far that corrosion goes into the bolt ? Looks like it might be surface rust, but then again if the head and bolt are 2 pieces and all that corrosion is at the connection then I'd be worried. And what is causing that corrosion ?? Coolant from a water passage ???

  19. #69
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    6
    Rep Points
    36.0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    1 out of 3 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    It appears to be surface rust. But do you want your head bolts rusting? Its definitely something that should not be rusting. Its at the worst location as well.

    The head bolts pass into the water jacket on the block. When they are removed, coolant will be on them.

    I am very satisfied with switching them out to ARPs 625 head stud from Weistec.

  20. #70
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    1,032
    Rep Points
    57.3
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Merc63 Click here to enlarge
    What are these misfires you guys are talking about?? Is the S3 tune running 9-10AFR at WOT?? That's extremely rich.
    Yes. @Sirex63 AFR's were around 9.8. He tapped 10.5 with that. My car was also running 9-10. Weistec fixed this for me on the Dyno when they visited my country. It is now making good power and AFR is between 11.5-11.8.

    Do you live in Cali?

    Take your car to Weistec to custom tune it. The reason they leave AFR to be rich is to provide safety for the engine and to keep the combustion chamber cool. The only way they could raise your AFR is by adjusting the timing accordingly with your IAT with a custom tune.
    Weistec Supercharged SL63 AMG
    Click here to enlarge
    Fastest Overall Mercedes SL Class VBOX 60-130, 6.86-
    Dragtimes.com, FEB 16 2013







  21. #71
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    118,829
    Rep Points
    31,808.7
    Mentioned
    2088 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    319


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Merc63 Click here to enlarge
    I am very satisfied with switching them out to ARPs 625 head stud from Weistec.
    With what you just showed I bet!

  22. #72
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    27
    Rep Points
    98.0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    4 out of 4 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Ill get one of these one day <3

  23. #73
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    118,829
    Rep Points
    31,808.7
    Mentioned
    2088 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    319


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by GhanemMBN Click here to enlarge
    Ill get one of these one day <3
    Seeing what people do on the forum is always fun and influences my own car taste quite a bit.

    Welcome.

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  24. #74
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Abu Dhabi, UAE
    Posts
    368
    Rep Points
    127.5
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    2


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by GhanemMBN Click here to enlarge
    Ill get one of these one day <3
    Your SLS will be a monster if you installed a Weistec Supercharger, my advice to you is to go with it
    Fastest Mercedes in the Gulf & the Middle East
    Powered By WEISTEC
    2009 Mercedes-Benz C63 AMG Weistec Supercharged: 10.576 @ 133.562 MPH

    Click here to enlarge

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •