Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

States Vs Federal.. IT HAS BEGUN! (Gun laws)

edit-Actually, this is rather old, from 2010

http://www.libertarianpunk.com/2010/03/wyoming-governor-signs-firearm-freedom-act-into-law/

Wyoming is not the first, but the first to impose a penalty

"CHEYENNE — With some trepidation, Governor Dave Freudenthal on Thursday signed into law a bill asserting that Wyoming-made firearms are exempt from all federal laws and regulations.The legislation, which takes effect in July, is meant as a shot across the bow of the federal government. But it’s unclear whether the new law will remain a symbolic declaration of states’ and Second Amendment rights, or spark a real-life confrontation between state and federal officials.
    Under the law, any firearms made from scratch in Wyoming — besides automatic weapons and rocket-propelled grenade launchers — are officially exempt from all federal gun laws so long as the gun isn’t taken out of the state.
    That means no three-day waiting period to buy a Wyoming-made gun, no Federal Firearms License needed, no federal taxes to pay…..

Wyoming is the third state to pass a Firearms Freedom Act, after Montana and Tennessee. The laws are all based on the argument that since the federal government justifies its ability to regulate firearms on a section of the U.S. Constitution allowing Congress to regulate interstate commerce, any guns that never leave a state are exempt from federal control.
    But Wyoming’s Firearms Freedom Act is harsher than the other states’ laws, as it says that any state or federal official who tries to enforce any federal gun law on firearms made and sold in Wyoming could face a $2,000 fine and up to a year in prison.
    (note, there’s an error in this, Wyoming is the fourth state to pass such a law, Utah just passed one. But Wyoming’s IS the first with penalties for federal officials who violate it.)"

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    This is how it should be.
    ​#Chuckstrong

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Yep... Thats worth about as much as the paper its written on. Stupid never ceases to amaze me
    We stay swingin...
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sledgehammer Click here to enlarge
    Yep... Thats worth about as much as the paper its written on. Stupid never ceases to amaze me
    Exactly...guess those guys in Wyoming never heard of the supremacy clause.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2093 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    Governor Dave Freudenthal on Thursday signed into law a bill asserting that Wyoming-made firearms are exempt from all federal laws and regulations.
    Hell yes! That's ballsy. That's a governor I can respect.

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2093 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sledgehammer Click here to enlarge
    It's symbolic more than anything else and pushing for confrontation on states versus the federal government. I like it.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Federal Govt. growing & over asserting it's undefined (and unauthorized) "powers". There are 30 Republican Governors currently, I really hope they step up & stand their ground with the Constitutionally granted powers the States have vs. the Fed Govt.

Obviously, we can expect all the Democrat Governors (Cuomo in NY, Malloy in CT, Brown in CA, O'Malley in MD, Shumlin in VT, etc etc) to role over & submissively follow Obama
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump

"The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2093 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I never understood the argument about video games and violence... I've been playing violent video games since the first Metal Gear on Nintendo, and mega man, and dragon quest, DOOM on the PC... Not once have I flipped out and went on a murdering rampage except in video games...

Seriously, it's not the games that are the problem, just like guns aren't the problem, it's the people who are easily confused by what is reality and what is fantasy... Maybe instead of using games and guns as the excuse, look at the failure in the mental health system, it's your mentally unstable and insane people that are causing all these issues.

But... What do I know, I'm a soldier who's 'legally' allowed to kill enemies of the USA with 'Assualt' Rifles and other weapons, and play violent video games all the time...

Another thing that always 'Boggled' me was that as a soldier I am allowed to carry a weapon/rifle in defense of my country but I cannot carry a weapon in defense of my persons or family, have to pay $200+ to get a license to own a rifle/shotgun in NYC, and limited to what kind I can own based not on the fact that I can carry an 'illegal' variant while in uniform, but based on the fact that my military issued variant is more likely to hurt someone than one that can fire only 10 rounds... A bullet, no matter if it comes from my M16 or from the legal rifle, will cause the same type of damage, just instead of killing 30 people with one magazine, I can kill 30 people with 3, 10 round magazines... big whoop...
    Last edited by FLYING X5; 01-11-2013 at 06:15 AM.
    2013 Dodge Challenger R/T: CAI, Catch Can, Shorty Headers, Custom Exhuast, M.M. 87mm Throttle Body, DiabloToona Custom 93 Oct Tune, 190* Thermostat, Seibon CF Grille, 6.4 CAM, Inertia M.S Ported Cylinder Heads
    Pending Mods: T/A Hood, S/C

2011 X5 35i Premium: Black Grille, Boopie Custom 3" Dual Exhaust & Custom N55 FMIC, JB3 (+3psi)

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2093 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by FLYING X5 Click here to enlarge
    Another thing that always 'Boggled' me was that as a soldier I am allowed to carry a weapon/rifle in defense of my country but I cannot carry a weapon in defense of my persons or family, have to pay $200+ to get a license to own a rifle/shotgun in NYC, and limited to what kind I can own based not on the fact that I can carry an 'illegal' variant while in uniform, but based on the fact that my military issued variant is more likely to hurt someone than one that can fire only 10 rounds... A bullet, no matter if it comes from my M16 or from the legal rifle, will cause the same type of damage, just instead of killing 30 people with one magazine, I can kill 30 people with 3, 10 round magazines... big whoop...
    You make a very valid argument...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LZH Click here to enlarge
    Exactly...guess those guys in Wyoming never heard of the supremacy clause.
    this one?

Article VI, Section 2, of the U.S. Constitution is known as the Supremacy Clause because it provides that the "Constitution, and the Laws of the United States … shall be the supreme Law of the Land." It means that the federal government, in exercising any of the powers enumerated in the Constitution, must prevail over any conflicting or inconsistent state exercise of power.

so, it seems by your own admission, that Wyoming is lawful as per the constitution and 10th amendment and all legal matters cited Click here to enlarge

he Supremacy Clause also requires state legislatures to take into account policies adopted by the federal government. Two issues arise whenState Action is in apparent conflict with federal law. The first is whether the congressional action falls within the powers granted to Congress. If Congress exceeded its authority, the congressional act is invalid and, despite the Supremacy Clause, has no priority over state action. The second issue is whether Congress intended its policy to supersede state policy.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    A good friend posted a pretty telling picture the other day regarding our love of blaming the gun for the actions of the person:

Click here to enlarge

I understand that guns may make the act of killing faster in some cases, but if this logic is correct then if someone walked into a school and beat the kids to death with a cooking pan, we'd be arresting chefs and banning cooking next.

I see video game violence and gun ownership as a poor excuse for people not to take responsibility for their own actions and the actions of mentally unstable individuals that should have been kept far away from the guns / violence to begin with. That isn't a reason to prevent perfectly stable individuals from owning a gun or playing Call of Duty once in a while.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2093 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Brey335i Click here to enlarge
    A good friend posted a pretty telling picture the other day regarding our love of blaming the gun for the actions of the person:

Click here to enlarge

I understand that guns may make the act of killing faster in some cases, but if this logic is correct then if someone walked into a school and beat the kids to death with a cooking pan, we'd be arresting chefs and banning cooking next.

I see video game violence and gun ownership as a poor excuse for people not to take responsibility for their own actions and the actions of mentally unstable individuals that should have been kept far away from the guns / violence to begin with. That isn't a reason to prevent perfectly stable individuals from owning a gun or playing Call of Duty once in a while.
    I think you make a great argument.