Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fiscal Cliff Averted?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)

Fiscal Cliff Averted?

Well they said they 'reached a deal with Republicans' last night (which was regurgitated by every left leaning media last night), but somehow taxes are STILL going up for middle class by $3500 a year per household.

How does this affect you guys?

@LostMarine

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Itsbrokeagain Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Well they said they 'reached a deal with Republicans' last night (which was regurgitated by every left leaning media last night), but somehow taxes are STILL going up for middle class by $3500 a year per household.

@LostMarine
    I think its great, I hope their savior Obama will make a complete fool of himself for the second term.

I have no control over it, so I choose not to let it bother me.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)

I hope to god it goes up. I'm getting hammered either way. Make Obama look like even more of a fool

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Our country is so f*cked. I am very afraid to see where we will be 20-25-30 years from now.

Keep spending our country straight into the toilet. People just want their free sh*t.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

20-25 years? lol, 4 more baby! cant balance a budget and they get a raise, our taxes go up and they get a raise? try to take guns away? welp.. be prepared..

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Itsbrokeagain Click here to enlarge

@LostMarine
    No, I think they were able to continue the temporary tax cuts for the middle class, correct?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 654 Click here to enlarge
    No, I think they were able to continue the temporary tax cuts for the middle class, correct?
    i think there was changes to that and its only a delay, IIRC its up to 400k/yr incomes and maybe a 2 month delay? i dont recall everything

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)

I don't think the house will pass it. Unfortunate the politicans are more concerned bout political points and are not putting the people first.

I will quit being rude if you quit being stupid.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)

This might be the $#@!test deal I've seen..... In addition to this ass raping, the Govt. will never reduce it's spending under this Administration, the GOP is folding in itself & Obama's petitioning for a raise
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump

"The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Always a last minute deal... They had the deal already set in place, they just want to play their political name calling, finger pointing games, play with the American' people's head, but that deal was set in place already... Just had to put some drama behind it, as always.

We or rather, our government wastes so much money, giving billions to other countries... Our government owes other countries governments (and corporations) money and yet continues to blame it on one political party or another, to hell with both parties, they are both to blame for our current predicament, neither republicans or democrats have the peoples best interest at heart, they only have their political careers at the forefront... "Who can I pander to next, who can pad my pockets full of the stuff that we are bleeding the people dry of?"

Ok, i'll shut up now... What's a fiscal cliff? Is it like a suicide thing? lol... j/k
    2011 X5 35i Premium
    Mods Installed: Black Grille, Boopie Custom 3" Dual Exhaust, Boopie Custom N55 FMIC

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T
    Mods Installed:
    Legmaker Intake IV. Billet Tech Catch Can, JBA Shorty Headers, (2) Resonators Replaced, (2) Thrush Glass-packs, Modern Muscle 87mm Throttle Body, DiabloToona Custom 93 Oct Tune
    Pending Mods: T/A Hood, 6.4 CAM swap, Supercharger Install

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

See you guys for the next manufactured financial crisis in three months!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Everyone should understand that Obama's would actually like if we went of the cliff, raise taxes on everybody, isnt that what Democrats do?

Raise tax's add more programs?

And then when people comment on what he's doing, he can just blame it on republicans, or bush.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)

I know all I need to know at this point... I just lost $5500 a year in income for the SS bump on pay or roughly $460 a month. That sucks and while I dont see it as an increase since it was always temporary its a change in income.

The thought that anyone wanted to go off a cliff is laughable and the GOP drank some castor oil on this one. But as noted above the next manufactured crisis will soon be upon us.

Ultimately these idiots are the folks that many of us voted for... Its time to ratchet up the pressure on these folks and make them play nice together. Maybe then we can get something done!
    We stay swingin...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)

I for one will be doing the best things I can over the 90-120 days. Eliminating all debt minus my mtg, lease and car pmts. Maxing out investments and looking to acquire property to create more income. Its time to sit on the money and spend less while these $#@!s get their lives together.
    We stay swingin...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Reported that the new deal will add 4 trillion to the nations debt.

What a complete ****up.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sledgehammer Click here to enlarge
    I for one will be doing the best things I can over the 90-120 days. Eliminating all debt minus my mtg, lease and car pmts. Maxing out investments and looking to acquire property to create more income. Its time to sit on the money and spend less while these $#@!s get their lives together.

this. less money you owe, the better.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

so, i heard obama had told boehner, in their meetings one time. that B was conceding to 800m in new taxes, but what we (repubs) wanted was spending cuts, so what can O agree to on that.. I HEARD obama replied, im getting that already... meaning the taxes are going up anyway..

and thats why no deal was made prior..

IF, and I say IF, someone was serious about this, I dont mind taxes going up, IF, IF that money is used to pay off $#@!, AAAAAAND spending cuts are put in place.. ya know.. kinda get out of deb and balance $#@!..

well..taxes going up, unemployment going back up, milk $ going up, gas $ going back up..AAaaaannd trying to limit guns, A $#@!-TON of them..

maybe.. just maybe they weren't "conspiracy" THEORIES..

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1581 Post(s)

I don't think they know what they are doing.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    I don't think they know what they are doing.
    I think Obama knows exactly what they are doing. Helping the people that voted for him! The minorities that dont pay taxes anyways.

Had a female that has two children and is currently homeless living with friends tell me today. "Obama is great! He's taxing the $#@!ing $#@! rich $#@!s and helps people like me"

I politely responded, people like you don't need others to help you, you need to help yourself.

She blocked me. Click here to enlarge

They don't want to hear the truth.
    They cant handle the truth!!!
    Last edited by Legionofboom; 01-02-2013 at 10:35 PM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1581 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by E90SoFlo Click here to enlarge
    I politely responded, people like you don't need others to help you, you need to help yourself.

She blocked me.
    They don't want to hear the truth.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)

Culture change -- You've got 3 people in this country:

1. Standard Citizen -- People who have money want minimum government interference & happily pay their taxes (unfortunately, the people who pay their taxes are the minority in this country), but would really like to pay less
    2. "Welfare" Citizen -- The new majority in this country. People who pay no income taxes & are cashing in on all the cost-free government programs they are eligible for (ObamaPhone & ObamaCare being 2 of the more well known programs)
    3. Hollywood -- The super rich that don't care what's going on because their wealth will always be able to "defend" them. How? Well the the Democratic Leadership negotiated in the new Fiscal Cliff deal an extension of tax credits to Hollywood employees. The nice thing about the Hollywood rich, is that they'll be able to through their funding (political donations) behind whoever looks out for their interest. For anyone who disagrees, please explain why a majority of Obama's 2012 Campaign Fundraisers were held in popular movie stars homes (Sarah Jessica Parker, Meryl Streep & George Clooney) or clubs/restaurants (Jay Z & Beyonce at the 40/40 club).

Irony in all this, the Hollywood "elite" are the 1st people to $#@! & moan their not paying "enough" taxes. Proportionately, they're actually paying less than your middle income American. SO if they want to pay more, they should stop accepting their tax credits OR (so they don't $#@! over people who don't agree with them) write a bigger check to the IRS.

"The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Wait until all middle class that voted for Obama taxes go up. They will be like, "what...I voted for Obama...why are my taxes higher...I thought I voted for taxing the rich".

They are clueless the employee social security tax rate went back up.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1581 Post(s)

So what government handout can I benefit from? What programs are there for me? Where is my check from Uncle Barry?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BlackJetE90OC Click here to enlarge
    Wait until all middle class that voted for Obama taxes go up. They will be like, "what...I voted for Obama...why are my taxes higher...I thought I voted for taxing the rich"
    Attachment 23483
    ^^^Circulating around FB

While the fiscal cliff might of been avoided, the cost of living is about to experience a substantial increase for the middle income / "normal" American. Congress didn't solve anything, they just put off the problem & made it bigger for when it comes up again in the future.

The only TRUE solution is a substantial reduction in Fed. Government spending & programs

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

So what government handout can I benefit from? What programs are there for me? Where is my check from Uncle Barry?
    http://www.benefits.gov

http://www.fns.usda.gov/snap/applica...ligibility.htm

I want rep for this..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast