Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No

I want,wait need a C63!

Hey guys,noob here from South Africa! Click here to enlarge I currently own an 07 E92 335I FBO.Have the need for something different in my life as there's not much else to do with the 335 besides the fact that there are so many of them running around.So recently test drove a few c63's,one of them being a performance pack and my oh my,have not been able to get a good night's sleep since...

Make no mistake my 335i jb4 is fast,damn fast but the 63 is just an insane car and I love it Click here to enlarge

I have a couple of questions as this would be the first merc I have owned.Firstly:

1) what are the differences between the performance pack and a standard 63.Heard it has an lsd an upgraded brakes along with a few extra horses

2)Are the differences worth the extra cash as I don't intend tracking the car.

3) Looking at 09 models currently but a low mileage 08 will do.Are there any known issues with the 63's that I should look at when buying?

4) In terms of modding,obviously software,exhaust and branches will be the first to go on.What other basic mods can I start looking at.

Thanks in advance...Click here to enlarge

Btw if I posted in the wrong section,mods feel free to move.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)

Long tube headers and a tune along with intake mods really wake up a stock 63. Weistec offers the most advanced tune available at this time. Headers I would suggest MBH. No real issues with these motors, some of them eat oil, I would suggect the Weistec oil catch can and check your oil level every 1000 miles or so. besides that just drive the hell out of it, it will take whatever you can throw at it.
    Click here to enlarge

1000+WHP WEISTEC 2008 CLK63 Black Series
    790WHP WEISTEC 2012 C63 Black Series
    725WHP WEISTEC 2014 SLS Black Series

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2054 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by zhs335 Click here to enlarge
    1) what are the differences between the performance pack and a standard 63.Heard it has an lsd an upgraded brakes along with a few extra horses
    Stronger internals, stronger tune.

2)Are the differences worth the extra cash as I don't intend tracking the car.
    I'd get the P31.

3) Looking at 09 models currently but a low mileage 08 will do.Are there any known issues with the 63's that I should look at when buying?
    I think you're fine.

4) In terms of modding,obviously software,exhaust and branches will be the first to go on.What other basic mods can I start looking at.
    Software and headers. Then look into forced induction if you want to go big.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Zhs before you buy get a options list printed from Merc using the cars vin number. We didn't get the P31 locally just the P30. The P31 was what we call in SA the limited edition but I have seen one without a LSD. That's the one with slightly more power.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Hi guys! Thanks for the advice thus far.It's taken a while but I finally found one that I'm interested in. Unfortunately it's not a performance pack but this car is absolutely immaculate inside out.Its an 09 and it's the right colour for me (iridium silver),has low mileage 34000 km and the price is right Click here to enlarge .I pulled the service history and this is what popped up.What do you guys think??

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

correct me if I am wrong but the LSD is still an option outside of the performance pack... can anyone confirm?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)

JRCart is correct. Some do consume excess oil but it seems like only the ML63s have that issue. Then again 1qt/1000 miles is considered normal operating conditions?

You will like the 63 a lot. I work on a few every week, such a great motor. Low maintenance (usually) and not too many things really go wrong with them.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

The only word that comes to mind when I think of this car is epic Click here to enlarge! Will be doing some exterior work first like cf bits here and there.Also need to find a rim and then finally onto the modding. Fingers crossed,I should be taking delivery tomorrow.

But pardon my ignorance here. I'm a bit concerned about the very first service and the last on the report.Would somebody please explain those faults to me?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2054 Post(s)

Hi guys! Thanks for the advice thus far.It's taken a while but I finally found one that I'm interested in. Unfortunately it's not a performance pack but this car is absolutely immaculate inside out.Its an 09 and it's the right colour for me (iridium silver),has low mileage 34000 km and the price is right Click here to enlarge .I pulled the service history and this is what popped up.What do you guys think??

Click here to enlarge
    Looks fine...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2054 Post(s)

The only word that comes to mind when I think of this car is epic Click here to enlarge! Will be doing some exterior work first like cf bits here and there.Also need to find a rim and then finally onto the modding. Fingers crossed,I should be taking delivery tomorrow.

But pardon my ignorance here. I'm a bit concerned about the very first service and the last on the report.Would somebody please explain those faults to me?
    Looks like something to do with the AC and traction control unit. Nothing major.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)

First one is a bad o-ring seal I think for your AC Condenser. Nothing major. Last one could be something related to the ABS/Throttle setup, which can be anything from an undervoltage fault to a short in the unit. As long as it runs fine now there should be no issues.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Welcome zhs335.

Where is SA are you ?

2008 / 9 had P30 not P31
    P30 included : lsd, upgraded brakes, lower suspension and alcantara steering wheel.

Some advice, pay in and have the motorplan converted to Mobilo 120+ (no pay in on services or breakages).

I would advice, headers, decat, intake spacers and a tune.
    2008 C63 AMG - Tuned by Motronix
    11.37 @ 127.082 mph
    2008 Mercedes-Benz C63 AMG : 11.374 @ 127.080 MPH

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Thanks alot guys,appreciate the advice.I was concerned for a while but after some digging,seems to be nothing serious. If all goes well,deal will be done today with pics to follow! Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by NS_C63 Click here to enlarge
    Welcome zhs335.

Where is SA are you ?

2008 / 9 had P30 not P31
    P30 included : lsd, upgraded brakes, lower suspension and alcantara steering wheel.

Some advice, pay in and have the motorplan converted to Mobilo 120+ (no pay in on services or breakages).

I would advice, headers, decat, intake spacers and a tune.
    Hi NS_63!

I'm based in Joburg. Yeah definitely thinking of upgrading the plan as I intend keeping this car for some time to come.Would you have an idea of what the cost is to upgrade to a plus.Also would you know if its possible to extend past the six years as I highly doubt hitting even 60k by next year?

I see in your sig your with Motronix.Very impressive times you have there.Didnt know much about the merc tuners around Joburg but one things for sure,we all heard about the motronix 63's that were running around.They definitely on my list of guys to speak to along with the xcede guys.Not sure who else there is really?

With regards to tuning yes,thats my initial plan.Tune,headers,decat. After that Im thinking pulley,intake,spacers. And if thats not enough,then.... You know lol..

Guys is there any preferred choice/sequence of going about the mods?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2054 Post(s)

Guys is there any preferred choice/sequence of going about the mods?
    Not really, depends how much power you want. If you know you are tough to satisfy, supercharger. You won't regret it. If you want to wait on that expense, tune and headers.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Thanks Sticky.After reading through some of the posts here,it definitely plays on the mind knowing that even though your 63 with software,headers,etc is no doubt fast,there's so much more potential waiting to be had with a charger and once that seed is planted in your head,it just becomes a matter of how long can you hold out.So all you guys with your supercharged threads,thanks a million! JK Click here to enlarge

Been following our very own George Smooth's build thread very closely and it's just mind boggling to see the kind of research,time and effort that his put into it.Can't wait too see the end product.Definitely a source of inspiration for alot of us..

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2054 Post(s)

Been following our very own George Smooth's build thread very closely and it's just mind boggling to see the kind of research,time and effort that his put into it.Can't wait too see the end product.Definitely a source of inspiration for alot of us..
    If you go for a ride in the end product I think that will be all that is necessary to convince you.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Ok so took delivery yesterday and my oh my,what a car.I'm in love.Jumped in started her up and left the dealership sideways Click here to enlarge. Will post up some pics soon!

By the way,what's the best way to launch off the line? A bud of mine wants a race with a 335i dct and I'm worried about his launch control..

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Congrats dude!

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2054 Post(s)

Ok so took delivery yesterday and my oh my,what a car.I'm in love.Jumped in started her up and left the dealership sideways Click here to enlarge. Will post up some pics soon!

By the way,what's the best way to launch off the line? A bud of mine wants a race with a 335i dct and I'm worried about his launch control..
    Congratulations! Please post the pics up in a new thread.