Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LZH Click here to enlarge
    Hey Eissa I agree. Do you know what an epiphany is ? Well I've had one..much to my chagrin Click here to enlarge

Lets talk cars. You mentioned traction issues. You have the built trans, I assume the weistec torque converter ? the video sucked and didnt get your launch but when you came into frame you were hooked and blasting. So where are the traction issue ? Is it mechanical like braking off the line ? I'm not trying to be a dick, but is it on launch? Wheres the stall ? As Earl said above its hard to get this amount of RWD hp to effectively put the power down.

Lets bury the hatchet and see if we can't get you into the 9's. This seems to be the first I have seen you with a drag setup. Skinny etc....did you also change the shocks and allow for a ton of weight transfer ? thats key and the do you have the weisted axles ?
    Hello Luke,

I don't have weistec torque converter so there's no launch or stall. I'm not taking that as an excuse for getting 10.5, it's seems a great time for our drag strip. YAS drag isn't prepared that well, they do not use VHT a lot which makes cars with rwd ( and even awd ) hard to achieve the times they're thinking about. For example a GT-R Alpha 10 got 9.6 in that night. We all know that alpha 10 GTRs get below 9.4 in the US due to better temps and strips.

The traction issues are in the first 2 gears only, with burnout and street radials the car is still spinning. I'm thinking about replacing my MT ET Streets with Hoosiers Drag Radials to gain more grip. The car hooks at 3rd and 4th as you realized. Suspension and axles are stock.
    Last edited by Sirex63; 12-31-2012 at 08:14 AM.
    Fastest Mercedes in the Gulf & the Middle East
    Powered By WEISTEC
    2009 Mercedes-Benz C63 AMG Weistec Supercharged: 10.576 @ 133.562 MPH

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Even Money Click here to enlarge
    That's a great run....is the transmission really "bulletproof'?? Easily into the 9s? Have been hearing that a lot about these supercharger setups..let's see it first.
    Already there my friend.
    Click here to enlarge

I will quit being rude if you quit being stupid.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ecampbell Click here to enlarge
    Already there my friend.
    I don't doubt the setup is capable of 9s, would just like to see a vid. Curious as to the limit of a blower on a 6.3 vice a TT setup.
    Click here to enlarge
    C63 Black Series

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)

We all know that @Weistec products are capable of making those cars break into the 9's. @ecampbell clk tapped 10.2 @ 144 MPH in 4000 DA and traction issues !

I'm seeing 9 easilly if he runs at now DA's. We'll all see it soon hopefully.

Thanks All.
    Fastest Mercedes in the Gulf & the Middle East
    Powered By WEISTEC
    2009 Mercedes-Benz C63 AMG Weistec Supercharged: 10.576 @ 133.562 MPH

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    176 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LZH Click here to enlarge
    their 722.9 from what i understand is just cryo'd gearsets shafts etc the big upgraded are the clutch paks and then valve body and line pressure. All.....REALLY cool $#@!. Funny how the factory downplayed the 722.9 and it;s stoutness.
    We do machine about 25-30 moving parts in each transmission to work well with so many added clutches and the added line pressure. It is labor intensive to build one of these and not to mention how each transmission is custom tailored. For example we have to machine a .033" shim to get perfect tolerances on one transmission but the next one will need a .038" to fit perfectly.

Weistec Engineering
    Click here to enlarge
    World's First Supercharged M156 6.3L

CONNECT WITH US
    www.Weistec.com
    Sales@Weistec.com

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Weistec Click here to enlarge
    We do machine about 25-30 moving parts in each transmission to work well with so many added clutches and the added line pressure. It is labor intensive to build one of these and not to mention how each transmission is custom tailored. For example we have to machine a .033" shim to get perfect tolerances on one transmission but the next one will need a .038" to fit perfectly.

Weistec Engineering
    Are the variances in dimensions related to wear from one trans to the next or are the tolerances that loose from the factory? I would think they could hold tighter tolerances than that from the factory.
    Click here to enlarge

1000+WHP WEISTEC 2008 CLK63 Black Series
    790WHP WEISTEC 2012 C63 Black Series
    725WHP WEISTEC 2014 SLS Black Series

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    176 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by JRCART Click here to enlarge
    Are the variances in dimensions related to wear from one trans to the next or are the tolerances that loose from the factory? I would think they could hold tighter tolerances than that from the factory.
    The change in parts (one example is retaining clips) is becuase of stacked machining tolerances. Every machined part has to hold +/- a certain tolerance. When stacking tolerances and all are on the negative or positive side it creates a pretty big difference.

Weistec Engineering
    Click here to enlarge
    World's First Supercharged M156 6.3L

CONNECT WITH US
    www.Weistec.com
    Sales@Weistec.com

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Weistec Click here to enlarge
    The change in parts (one example is retaining clips) is becuase of stacked machining tolerances. Every machined part has to hold +/- a certain tolerance. When stacking tolerances and all are on the negative or positive side it creates a pretty big difference.

Weistec Engineering
    tolerance stack-up, google it for anyone interested.
    Some people live long, meaningful lives.

Other people eat shit and die.

I'm not racist, I hate everybody equally; especially fat people.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DBFIU Click here to enlarge
    tolerance stack-up, google it for anyone interested.
    I would have just assumed the shims would be lapped vs machined, lapping can maintain tolerances of
    +/- 1 micron or .001". Actually suprised the tolerances are as loose as they are considering how it would get compounded over the stack.
    Click here to enlarge

1000+WHP WEISTEC 2008 CLK63 Black Series
    790WHP WEISTEC 2012 C63 Black Series
    725WHP WEISTEC 2014 SLS Black Series

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

Congratulations to @Weistec and @Sirex63Thanks for posting this up bro.
    Click here to enlarge

EURO 04 M3 Current Mods:GC DAs, Eibach Sways, PF RTAB's, RE RCAs, INTRAVEE II, Black Roundels, ///MFEST Badges, Depo's, Screen protector for NAV display, VCSL Bumper + Race Lip & CF Trunk & CF Rear Diffusor, DIETZ TV in Motion, SS= V1 Headers + catless pipes + X-Pipe + SS Sport Exhaust, Z8 Starter Button, Lamin-X, OEM CSL interior, OEM CSL Steering, OEM CSL Intake, OEM CSL Roof, MSS54HP + OEM CSL Tune, BBS CH's, LIGHTWERKZ, 355mm ST40 BBK, BW Oil Cooler....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12