Yes Reputation No

Vishnu FFTEC BMW E90 335 N54 M/T (DCI + meth) VS Stock E90 M3 DCT

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    175 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    That sucks if that m3 was really stock.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

0 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Nothing to truly shocking there, those meth kits just suck and aren't consistent.
    2007 335i (100% stock with mods)

N54 is not a German 2JZ lol

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    175 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Q4P Click here to enlarge
    Nothing to truly shocking there, those meth kits just suck and aren't consistent.
    Wouldn't a tuned 335 pull on a stock m3?
    Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by fastgti69 Click here to enlarge
    Wouldn't a tuned 335 pull on a stock m3?
    Tune only... I would question it... the downpipes seem to make a massive difference in these cars. The primary cats are like 400 cel count, which is massive. When I got mine installed I was amazed after I reloaded the aggressive maps.

The only things that make a difference in these cars are downpipes, tune and alternate fuel (meth, e85, race gas); meth is just inconsistent, I have been to many events where it has sucked for one reason or another. If anyone tell you other mods make a difference, they are full of $#@!. An intercooler does nothing for this car especially on the streets and if you are not consistently gunning it, intake, charge pipe, diverter valves and all this other BS has very negligible gains.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Damn, I hope that m is modded.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Well thats embarrassing.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Wait, is that an ST or just has the FFTEC E85 fuel kit?

EDIT: it says DCI, So I'm assuming it's not an ST.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Trojan4evr Click here to enlarge
    Wait, is that an ST or just has the FFTEC E85 fuel kit?

EDIT: it says DCI, So I'm assuming it's not an ST.
    Maybe im lost.. would be normal.. But isnt FFTEC the guys who make the kit..?

Are FFTEC and Vishnu one company now?
    - Proven Power Tampa built 6466 ST -
    - N54 6AT WR 711whp 637wtq-
    -N54 WR 1/4mile trap: 133.57mph- -

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    umm this is a DCI, tune and meth car only... Def not a single. It sucks probably because something is screwed up with the meth flow as always.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    yeah meth is overrated. it has flow problems in cold and also boils up in summer. Just not attractive.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Ak335i Click here to enlarge
    Maybe im lost.. would be normal.. But isnt FFTEC the guys who make the kit..?

Are FFTEC and Vishnu one company now?
    FFTEC makes the Inline pump kit for E85. Seems like the description is wrong since the car has tune DCI and meth only. It has nothing to do with FFTEC. I was confused too at the beginning.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Is this thread stating that meth is inconsistent or is it a thread to show that a certain tune is not so great? Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    175 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by justohigh Click here to enlarge
    Is this thread stating that meth is inconsistent or is it a thread to show that a certain tune is not so great? Click here to enlarge
    looks like it might be both.
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    i dunno, i just saw the video and posted it.. the rest is for you guys to decide

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I would have thought the 335 would pull on him... Am I wrong?
    We stay swingin...
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Pretty interesting results. I would think a roll, at that speed, would favor the m3, or at least give the m, the best chance...
    Click here to enlarge
    ESS 6XX kit

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    A Tune & Meth N54 should be putting out nearly the same power to the wheels as a Stock S65. Some minor variables (Meth Concentration, Max Boost & was E85 used), but nothing too outrageous.
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump

"The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2092 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

Stock DCT E90 M3 races a Vishnu tuned E90 335 6-speed manual with meth from a roll

Very interesting race here that shows the strength of even a stock DCT M3 from a roll. The 335 is definitely make more power and torque by virtue of its Vishnu Procede tune upgrade as well as a methanol injection. The 335 also had a dual cone intake and it is a 6-speed manual car. Unfortunately only one camera angle is available but it is still easy to see that the M3 holds off the 335 very well from the start of the race until the 335 eventually is able to pull after quite a bit.

Click here to enlarge

A race like this goes to show the strength of even a stock DCT M3 versus a tune/meth N54 namely due to the race being from a roll. Good run but the M3 owner should look into a tune and exhaust ASAP.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Nothing better to put on the front page?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2092 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by funkmobster Click here to enlarge
    Nothing better to put on the front page?
    Eh maybe but is more 2-Series stuff that great?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    When no inspiration , just go for boobs. Anything is better then poking at Vishnu.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2092 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by funkmobster Click here to enlarge
    When no inspiration , just go for boobs. Anything is better then poking at Vishnu.
    This wasn't poking at Vishnu. It was poking at the N54 in general. People forget a stock DCT M3 ain't all that slow.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I ran a stock e92 DCT m3 this past weekend in my tune only 335is DCT and i kept at it bumper to bumper from a 60 roll. At a slower roll my torque would have easily given me a slight jump.

This run with meth doesn't surprise me, M3's should do better on top end because of their gearing. How much better do you guys expect any other tune to do in a similar situation? I wish I would have taken video of my run so I could make the front page too...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I would love to run a Stock M3 DCT to see how my car on Map 1 13psi compares. It almost looks like the meth on that 335i wasn't working on that 335i. Doesn't a meth 335i put out at least 400whp? What does an m3 put down? 340-350 whp?
    John 3:16

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast