Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: 27 dead in school shooting? What in the actual $#@!.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No

27 dead in school shooting? What in the actual $#@!.

http://news.yahoo.com/official-27-de...175512619.html

About an hour from where I live; a friend's sister's kids attend that school (they are okay thankfully), not to mention a number of friends who went there. Tragic doesn't begin to describe this. I love my guns, and damn sure don't want anyone taking them away, but man...I just don't know anymore. It goes without saying (and I've been saying for a while) that this is deeper than a gun control issue...it transcends socioeconomic, racial, religious, geographic divides. I've said for years that mental healthcare in this country is woefully lacking, and that it would become a serious, serious problem. Ironically, I didn't think that shootings would be the way it would play out (I figured it would be suicide rates). Either way...terrible stuff.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

1st post and to some of the worst news I could imagine. RIP to the victims and condolences to the families of this brutal attack.

ChuckD05 is offline Member

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)

so crazy, saying it was focused on one perticular classroom... maybe a CPS case and a crazy father?

God bless everyone in that area. This will change many peoples lives forever. So sad.
    2009 FBO RB'd mtech e92 6AT - 11.3@126
    2008 FBO CR e82 6M - 12.0@120 - Sold

folgrz is offline Stop looking at me SWAN!!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

It really is $#@!ing terrible

I've lost faith in humanity a long time ago, there's no hope for the human race.
    2006 AW/Black ZCP 6MT

Click here to enlarge

E46 M3 Owners of the World <---- Join the FB group!!

Instagram :: @NotSMG_M3

Click here to enlarge

rader1 is online now Member

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

Yeah, man it's a really $#@!ed up situation. I honestly don't think any single action or change could be taken to prevent this kind of thing. A more effective gun screening programs and a more effective mental health system working together would be a start but even then I don't know...

I live 1/2 hour from VA tech and that shooting changed my home town(Roanoke) forever, I can only imagine what is going in the town where that happened. From what I've seen its a small community, I'm sure it will never go back to how it was.
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

It's truly sad, I'm at a loss for words.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rader1 Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yeah, man it's a really $#@!ed up situation. I honestly don't think any single action or change could be taken to prevent this kind of thing. A more effective gun screening programs and a more effective mental health system working together would be a start but even then I don't know...

I live 1/2 hour from VA tech and that shooting changed my home town(Roanoke) forever, I can only imagine what is going in the town where that happened. From what I've seen its a small community, I'm sure it will never go back to how it was.

Couldn't agree more. It's everything else out there. As an example, a reporter was just on TV, shoving a microphone in the face of a 3rd grader on the scene who is crying her eyes out in shock, and asking her what the gunshots made her feel. The dumb whore knew how she felt, and the viewership would've known the same, the tears and look of shock on her face tells that story. She could've given her a hug, asked what she could've done to help. But no, she had to twist the knife. And if confronted about her insensitivity, she'll blame it on her producers who asked for emotional interviews on scene. And those producers will blame it on someone else. There's no basic compassion, sympathy, humanity, or respect anymore. It's all gone crazy. It's just one tiny snippet in a collage of billions that reinforce the idea that things are just crazy.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DefactoM6 Click here to enlarge
    Couldn't agree more. It's everything else out there. As an example, a reporter was just on TV, shoving a microphone in the face of a 3rd grader on the scene who is crying her eyes out in shock, and asking her what the gunshots made her feel. The dumb whore knew how she felt, and the viewership would've known the same, the tears and look of shock on her face tells that story. She could've given her a hug, asked what she could've done to help. But no, she had to twist the knife. And if confronted about her insensitivity, she'll blame it on her producers who asked for emotional interviews on scene. And those producers will blame it on someone else. There's no basic compassion, sympathy, humanity, or respect anymore. It's all gone crazy. It's just one tiny snippet in a collage of billions that reinforce the idea that things are just crazy.
    It's sickening. They are sticking cameras and mics in front of children and parents asking them "how do you feel?" How the $#@! do you think they feel!? They're scared to death, angry and in shock.
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Makes you think about what's going on in the world these days. Seems like every year there is something like this. It even happened at Northern Illinois University in Dekalb, IL when i was attending college there. I was lucky to have had class in that same building earlier that day and left campus as it was happening. Condolences to the victims and their family.

ajm8127 is offline Member
    might.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

Exactly.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

27 killed... 18 children wtf?!

What's going on with the world Click here to enlarge . 27 dead, 18 kids dead ages between 5-10. Prayers go out to those who lost their loved ones may they RIP.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/12/15/ny...hool.html?_r=0

Sticky is offline Regular User

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1303 Post(s)

I don't know what to say.

whoosh is offline Higher than you

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Sad day, and truly a sick mind that would take out their anger / sadness / whatever on a school of little kids. Almost as sick are the media that are there to cover the story and hound the kids and other survivors for their emotions. I think these people may have surpassed injury lawyers as the bottom of the professional food chain
    Current: '06 Cayman S | '12 E91 328i X-drive | '00 S2000
    Previous: '12 E92 335is w/JB4 | '10 STi w/Cobb, RCE, Whiteline
    Coming Soon: '15 Macan S | '15 WRX STi

BoostAddict is offline Member

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

This insane. I really feel for the families. I can't think of anything worse than out living your children.

I don't understand what is happening to people. Yesterday the Mall shooting in Oregon, Today the school shooting, and here in Florida a guy sitting on I95 shooting at passing cars. WTF is up with people?
    '08 335i 6mt SGM/Terra
    '97 M3/4/5 in progress PT6766
    '97 Jetta TDi 16v ABA Turbo PT6266
    '04 350z 475whp stock block SOLD
    '00 323i SOLD Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

Last report is that the shooter was the son of the teacher of the classroom where the majority of the shooting occurred. He killed the teacher(his mother) and then opened fire on the students and then himself, also "a body was found in a home connected to the shooter."
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Reports are also saying that the father is dead in NJ, the police have his brother in custody.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

such a horrible day for our country..I dont know how we got here, but it wasnt like this when I was growing up. I just pray for the victims and families, God please help them

dzenno@PTF is offline Supporting Vendor

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    191 Post(s)

Shocking to say the least. How does stuff like this keep repeating every once in a while down there?

I say lock down guns. We haven't had a single incident like this in Canada. That should really tell you something about gun control...
    Click here to enlargeCobb ProTune & eTune Services
    Contact us on the Web, Blog, Facebook, Twitter
    Google Talk: dzenno@protuningfreaks.com

N54 6MT TwinTurbo 1/4 Mile World Record: 11.43@126.6mph, 1.8 60', Stock 6MT 3.08 Gearing (Cayuga - Toronto Motorsports Park)
    N54 6MT TwinTurbo 60-130mph World Record: 6.5sec 100-200km/hr, 7.5sec 60-130mph (vbox verified)
    N54 DCT World Record (Race Gas + Meth + SSP Clutches), Stock Turbos: 450WHP / 490WTQ
    N54 (ACN 91 octane only) World Record, Stock Motor: 573WHP / 537WTQ
    N54 (96-98 octane, no meth) World Record,
    Stock Motor: 673WHP / 564WTQ
    N54 (ERC 109 unleaded octane and meth) World Record, Stock Motor:
    725WHP / 609WTQ
    Contact us today for our forum promotions on our COBB PRO Tunes and offerings from ar design, Aquamist, AMS Performance, COBB, cp-e, Evolution Racewerks,
    ETS, HELIX, Howerton Engineering, KW Suspensions, P3 Cars, ST Suspensions, SPEC

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Knife-wielding $#@! slashes 22 students in China:

http://www.courant.com/sns-rt-us-chi...,5592318.story

Some people are just $#@!ed up in the head.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

http://news.yahoo.com/official-27-de...175512619.html

About an hour from where I live; a friend's sister's kids attend that school (they are okay thankfully), not to mention a number of friends who went there. Tragic doesn't begin to describe this. I love my guns, and damn sure don't want anyone taking them away, but man...I just don't know anymore. It goes without saying (and I've been saying for a while) that this is deeper than a gun control issue...it transcends socioeconomic, racial, religious, geographic divides. I've said for years that mental healthcare in this country is woefully lacking, and that it would become a serious, serious problem. Ironically, I didn't think that shootings would be the way it would play out (I figured it would be suicide rates). Either way...terrible stuff.
    I love my guns too, and believe strongly in the second amendment, but somehting has to change..we need to make it harder to sick people to obtain a firearm. But what I dont want is a full ban on guns. Its our right as Americans to protect ourselves and our families, and days like this really make think about carrying my gun everywhere I go..this world has just gone crazy, you never know anymore

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by whoosh Click here to enlarge
    Knife-wielding $#@! slashes 22 students in China:

http://www.courant.com/sns-rt-us-chi...,5592318.story

Some people are just $#@!ed up in the head.
    very true

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

1 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dzenno@ProTUNING Freaks Click here to enlarge
    Shocking to say the least. How does stuff like this keep repeating every once in a while down there?

I say lock down guns. We haven't had a single incident like this in Canada. That should really tell you something about gun control...
    Lock down knives too. And cars. And alcohol. And lighter fluid. Evil people will commit evil, no matter the tool used.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dzenno@ProTUNING Freaks Click here to enlarge

I dont think thats the answer..these people are criminals, and theyll break the law to get what they want, and if they cant find a gun..maybe they find something worse (homemade explosives?)..i just really think people are the problem more than guns being the problem

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Lock down knives too. And cars. And alcohol. And lighter fluid. Evil people will commit evil, no matter the tool used.
    +1

dzenno@PTF is offline Supporting Vendor

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    191 Post(s)

I know what you're saying but isn't it interesting that this has NEVER happened in a school up here? CT is not far away at all right?
    Click here to enlargeCobb ProTune & eTune Services
    Contact us on the Web, Blog, Facebook, Twitter
    Google Talk: dzenno@protuningfreaks.com

N54 6MT TwinTurbo 1/4 Mile World Record: 11.43@126.6mph, 1.8 60', Stock 6MT 3.08 Gearing (Cayuga - Toronto Motorsports Park)
    N54 6MT TwinTurbo 60-130mph World Record: 6.5sec 100-200km/hr, 7.5sec 60-130mph (vbox verified)
    N54 DCT World Record (Race Gas + Meth + SSP Clutches), Stock Turbos: 450WHP / 490WTQ
    N54 (ACN 91 octane only) World Record, Stock Motor: 573WHP / 537WTQ
    N54 (96-98 octane, no meth) World Record,
    Stock Motor: 673WHP / 564WTQ
    N54 (ERC 109 unleaded octane and meth) World Record, Stock Motor:
    725WHP / 609WTQ
    Contact us today for our forum promotions on our COBB PRO Tunes and offerings from ar design, Aquamist, AMS Performance, COBB, cp-e, Evolution Racewerks,
    ETS, HELIX, Howerton Engineering, KW Suspensions, P3 Cars, ST Suspensions, SPEC

Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast