Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

States filing petitions to Secede from the Union

Thoughts? I'm kind of for it. The government needs to know we aren't happy. I also question what type of leadership would take place if it did happen.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I think that news was fake no? NY was on the list and Bloomberg gave his support to Obama.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    That's what I was trying to figure out. I believe there are actually petitions on the white house website.

EDIT: https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petitions

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2109 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    If anyone is going to pull this off my money is on Texas.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    The grass is always greener... I say good riddance to any state who wants to go!
    We stay swingin...
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sledgehammer Click here to enlarge
    The grass is always greener... I say good riddance to any state who wants to go!
    Aren't you from Jersey? You guys filed one too, as did New York.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    im for it.. it is the UNITEDSTATES. in keeping with the original intent of the Constitution, states should have more power than federal government.. If they dont like how things are going, they have every right to Secede. same principle as UNITED Nations.. same thing about PR voting to JOIN the US. people sometimes forget, you USED TO vote by living in a state that agrees the best with you.. but, alas, lazines,, myself included, has gotten the better of us. i will tell you though, should a state get out, i will move to it.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BoostAddict Click here to enlarge
    Aren't you from Jersey? You guys filed one too, as did New York.
    Any idiot and I do mean idiot can apply however until NJ votes for it and the Gov pushes it, my answer is... No the STATE of NJ has not applied
    We stay swingin...
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2109 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I'd like to make a proposal to move Jersey not to just its own country but its own planet.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    No the STATE of NJ has not applied
    I know the state hasn't actually pushed it, and it's just the people signing a petition.

I do like that some people are actually exercising their rights as American citizens. I feel like people aren't doers anymore and would rather just go with the flow. It's kind of refreshing.

Texas has exceeded the number of signatures needed. I'm curious to see how Obama handles it.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2109 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Texas has exceeded the number of signatures needed. I'm curious to see how Obama handles it.
    Like he handles everything... predator drones.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    ^Lol... but seriously, the fact that this is even happening speaks volumes about his role as a President. I honestly would not be surprised if at one point during his second term he is impeached. My father calls him the Anti-Christ. I don't feel as strongly as him, but facts speak for themselves.
    Click here to enlarge
    2007 335i Coupe
    Mods: Check the Garage

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2109 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I don't see how or why he would be impeached. It's a lost cause.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    +1 but i would def sign that petition just on princeable .have no respect for this guy .

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I know the state hasn't actually pushed it, and it's just the people signing a petition.

I do like that some people are actually exercising their rights as American citizens. I feel like people aren't doers anymore and would rather just go with the flow. It's kind of refreshing.

If the state wants to cede again I say roll out, but dont come back. The grass is always greener
    We stay swingin...
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by oddjob2021 Click here to enlarge
    ^Lol... but seriously, the fact that this is even happening speaks volumes about his role as a President. I honestly would not be surprised if at one point during his second term he is impeached. My father calls him the Anti-Christ. I don't feel as strongly as him, but facts speak for themselves.
    Funny, my father says the exact same thing about the obamanation, LOL

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2109 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    If the state wants to cede again I say roll out, but dont come back. The grass is always greener
    Well for some reason they didn't let the South stay out but fought a war to keep them in. I wonder why?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2109 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Texas petition reached the number of signatures needed: https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/pet...nment/BmdWCP8B

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Florida only needs ~220 more. I know nothing is really going to come from it, but at least it forces the government to see how pissed off we are.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2109 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Florida only needs ~220 more. I know nothing is really going to come from it, but at least it forces the government to see how pissed off we are.
    Country is so divided its insane. If they made voting easier and online as simple as it is to sign this petition I think the election would have been different.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    LOL - the petition to deport all the people that signed the petitions to secede is my favorite.

Bunch of pissed off people with no idea what they are asking. They should probably become involved in politics vs. creating useless petitions.

In related news - I just heard that local giant PNC just dropped all their healthcare options due to obamacare. They now have only one, high-deductible, option. So everyone in the company has to pay up into the thousands before they receive aid. I'm sure this is what people wanted when they were talking about healthcare reform.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2109 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by singletrack Click here to enlarge
    LOL - the petition to deport all the people that signed the petitions to secede is my favorite.

Bunch of pissed off people with no idea what they are asking. They should probably become involved in politics vs. creating useless petitions.

In related news - I just heard that local giant PNC just dropped all their healthcare options due to obamacare. They now have only one, high-deductible, option. So everyone in the company has to pay up into the thousands before they receive aid. I'm sure this is what people wanted when they were talking about healthcare reform.
    I don't think anyone realistically thinks they will secede but the point is really that they are forcing the White House to acknowledge the vast disconnect in the country. It's very divided.

It is not legal to secede that precedent has already been established. So, this is more about getting attention for the issues raised.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Louisiana hit the goal too, signed the petition myself. I am very curious as to what happened with this.

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/pet...nment/1wrvtngl
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2109 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bakeme521 Click here to enlarge
    Louisiana hit the goal too, signed the petition myself. I am very curious as to what happened with this.

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/pet...nment/1wrvtngl
    Nothing will happen but the way it works is the White House is supposed to comment on it. Let's see if they even follow their own policies they set.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    As the founding fathers of the United States of America made clear in the Declaration of Independence in 1776:
    "When in the Course of human events, it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another, and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation."
    "...Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, that whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or abolish it, and institute new Government..."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast