Close

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 55
  1. #26
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    120,267
    Rep Points
    32,709.2
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    328


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ultimateendz Click here to enlarge
    i dont usually....but honestly that will instantly set me off....i dont like when people make comments about other races....any of them...i usually politely say something like dude thats not cool stop....but if you keep saying it i will over react.....like i said...i just inherently have a bad temper
    Gotta keep that in check man so it doesn't get you in trouble over somebody who isn't worth it.
    Chrome Space Bar Issue: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...338#post738338


    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  2. #27
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    3,272
    Rep Points
    1,583.2
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    16



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Gotta keep that in check man so it doesn't get you in trouble over somebody who isn't worth it.

    i do keep it in check all the time...it got out of hand once and that was purely in self defense...this is why i choose to remove myself....i know i have a bad temper and could potentially do some stupid stuff in the fit of rage i would be in....i dont know how to stop when im mad....thats my problem....thankfully i never got jail time because of anything ive done
    "We need to upgrade your skill before we upgrade your horsepower"

    -Tommy to Josh

  3. #28
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    120,267
    Rep Points
    32,709.2
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    328


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ultimateendz Click here to enlarge
    i do keep it in check all the time...it got out of hand once and that was purely in self defense...this is why i choose to remove myself....i know i have a bad temper and could potentially do some stupid stuff in the fit of rage i would be in....i dont know how to stop when im mad....thats my problem....thankfully i never got jail time because of anything ive done
    Well that's a good thing, best to avoid those situation. I have trouble walking away too.
    Chrome Space Bar Issue: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...338#post738338


    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  4. #29
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    616
    Rep Points
    631.3
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    7


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ultimateendz Click here to enlarge
    i do keep it in check all the time...it got out of hand once and that was purely in self defense...this is why i choose to remove myself....i know i have a bad temper and could potentially do some stupid stuff in the fit of rage i would be in....i don't know how to stop when I'm mad....thats my problem....thankfully i never got jail time because of anything ive done
    Let me start by saying I Hate ALL forms of discrimination and racist ignorant AH's.

    However my friend, it sounds like you could use some anger management classes. I am not saying that to be an ass, but some of your comments are border line rage, IMHO.

    Please don't beat up an $#@! for being stupid, laugh at them, or give them a piece of your mind instead of a fist.

    Sometimes it can be tough I will admit, but to beat someone for words?

  5. #30
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    575
    Rep Points
    1,555.9
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    16


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    That's just anger talking. Do you really want to wake up in a jail cell over some words from some ignorant person?
    People spend their lives in jails for stuff they never even did or were even a part of. Just end up being in the wrong place at the right time.

    If you know you are going to say something that might offend someone you need to be ready for the consequences.

    We live in a world where people pull out guns over a pair of shoes and what not.
    Click here to enlarge

  6. #31
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    120,267
    Rep Points
    32,709.2
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    328


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Scorpion Click here to enlarge
    We live in a world where people pull out guns over a pair of shoes and what not.
    Thankfully I do my best to live as far away from people like that as possible.

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Scorpion Click here to enlarge
    If you know you are going to say something that might offend someone you need to be ready for the consequences.
    And if someone intends to act upon anger generated by words they need to be prepared for the consequences of their actions. It works both ways. The thing is, you don't go to jail for what you say but you do depending on how you respond to it.

    Lot's to think about.
    Chrome Space Bar Issue: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...338#post738338


    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  7. #32
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    804
    Rep Points
    641.4
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    7


    3 out of 3 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    That is very ignorant. People should know not to hate Obama because he's black!

    Hate him because he is a $#@!ing terrible president!

    DUH!

  8. #33
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    575
    Rep Points
    1,555.9
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    16


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Thankfully I do my best to live as far away from people like that as possible.



    And if someone intends to act upon anger generated by words they need to be prepared for the consequences of their actions. It works both ways. The thing is, you don't go to jail for what you say but you do depending on how you respond to it.

    Lot's to think about.

    I would do the same, to much trouble with to many people around.

    I do agree with that point as well. But their consequences of their actions are only going to happen after the damage is done. Even if the person goes to jail but in return caused you a permanent injury that changes your entire life theirs nothing that could make it better. Plus half the time people go to jail for a few weeks to months for fighting. Or even a few days in some cases. Isn't that what happened to the guy after he put another guy in a coma who just complimented his car.

    I hear people always using freedom of speech as an excuse to talk down on someones race, religion, or culture. That's all I've seen it used for. I guarantee if you get into a conversation with those 31 people that said those things in the link. Almost all of them will bring up freedom of speech.
    Click here to enlarge

  9. #34
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    804
    Rep Points
    641.4
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    7


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Arguing about politics is utterly useless. It does all sorts of horrible things - like ruin friendships. Most times, neither side is properly educated and both are being lied to by the media and politicians.

    Either get involved personally or financially or just shut up. Arguing with people that are ignorant is ignorant in and of itself.

  10. #35
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    120,267
    Rep Points
    32,709.2
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    328


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Scorpion Click here to enlarge
    I guarantee if you get into a conversation with those 31 people that said those things in the link. Almost all of them will bring up freedom of speech.
    They would not be wrong to bring up freedom of speech. Just because someone uses freedom for the wrong purpose does not mean that freedom is invalid.
    Chrome Space Bar Issue: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...338#post738338


    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  11. #36
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    575
    Rep Points
    1,555.9
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    16


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    They would not be wrong to bring up freedom of speech. Just because someone uses freedom for the wrong purpose does not mean that freedom is invalid.
    I agree, but it's like that's all people ever bring up when their talking bad about race, religion, etc.

    By the way we are not arguing, just having a discussion is grown ups haha.
    Click here to enlarge

  12. #37
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    120,267
    Rep Points
    32,709.2
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    328


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Scorpion Click here to enlarge
    By the way we are not arguing, just having a discussion is grown ups haha.
    Why would you think otherwise?

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Scorpion Click here to enlarge
    I agree, but it's like that's all people ever bring up when their talking bad about race, religion, etc.
    A lot of the time, yes. I've seen it used for good too. Hate speech or not it all is protected and should be.
    Chrome Space Bar Issue: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...338#post738338


    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  13. #38
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    102
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Unfortunately yes, racism is alive and well in our world today. Alot of it thrives from the fact that some people just can't let the past go. At the end of the day, it does no good to respond senselessly to senseless actions. Why risk your own discomfort because someone is too ignorant to understand we're all human beings ? Depending on whose saying them and in what context, yes, words DO hurt sometimes. That doesn't mean we need to allow that evil to dictate our worldview. We can only overcome racism by being stronger than it, not equal to it.

  14. #39
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    2,276
    Rep Points
    936.0
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    10


    Yes Reputation No
    I'm ashamed people like this even exist today.
    Click here to enlarge

  15. #40
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    13,426
    Rep Points
    58.0
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Its 2 sided.

    1. I wont say anything on anything/anywhere that I wouldnt say in person

    2. with the above, a lot, especially lately feel that my views are somehow borderline

    its not, i am who i am, i have lived what ive lived, and i think what i think from my life experience. the same as everyone else.
    (I find it ironic i would be labelled as such, when so many other issues that would be synonimous with racist are absent from my thought process- the amount of diverses friends i have, especially in relation to my chosen proffession combined with the acts of 9/11, my overseas tours, "infidel" tatoo'ed on my body,one would think im geared toward such unrestricted "labelling" of certain groups of people with no regard to individual acts.. and yet i have a rather large amount of muslim friends..)

    I think racism is $#@!ing stupid.

    How i differ from ultimate though, is that voting falls under the racism category, in certain instances anyway. Ok, Romney lost, obama won. As they say in boxing, its in the histroy books now. We all agree changes need to be made, and some feel one guys way is better, others choose another. I feel history has shown what to expect from each, and its not the path I would like America to take.

    by defifnition though, my own anyway, is any action, or lack there of, soley decided upon by ones race, is, well, racism; w/o regard to whch race is acting.

    Where it starts to get a but more tricky, for me, is how/why it still exists.

    Igorant/dumb/$#@!in stupid people will always exist. hatred will always exist, nothing we can do about it, human condition.

    but as far as my own belief, is that a good portion of it is still present because people allow it toaggravate or energize or aggravate (cant find the perfect word right now)

    I realize that others views and experience vary greatly from my own, possibly justified, but it promotes the continued usage.

    now, terminology not worthy of being written or spoken, directed to any one of us is uncalled for, and should be dealt with. The manner in which it is dealt with, is what makes all the difference.

    Apparantly this varies greatly. I cant joke with some people the way i do with others. Rightly so, as some things I say to one person would get a good laugh, and encite rage in others. Im the same way, but just sparked by different terms. As a pure italian, some terms towards me, dego, wop, ginny, gumbah,greaseball, guine pig, provolone ect, are commonly used. They are funny to me, i laugh at it, because its soooo stupid. It holds no power over me, regardless of the person saying it, or the context of how its used.

    conversely, calling me "a $#@!ing scrub", in person, would get your jaw cracked, and every once of strength and ability i have would be directed to permanently disconnecting that persons neural proccessing..

    so i understand how one can be angry and violent by specific words. i just feel a lot of racial aggression can be filtered out through certain process's/effective communication/discussion/education
    Last edited by LostMarine; 11-09-2012 at 04:56 AM.

  16. #41
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    13,426
    Rep Points
    58.0
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    tried to edit- ran past the limit

    as for violence, that was a few short years ago, now i would rather swallow pride and walk away. not because im billy-badass and do too much damage ( Click here to enlarge ) but because win or lose, after its over, i will definitly lose


    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by singletrack Click here to enlarge
    That is very ignorant. People should know not to hate Obama because he's black!

    Hate him because he is a $#@!ing terrible president!

    DUH!
    HAHAHAHAHAAAAA!!

    had to quote it! Click here to enlarge

  17. #42
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    3,272
    Rep Points
    1,583.2
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    16



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    Its 2 sided.

    1. I wont say anything on anything/anywhere that I wouldnt say in person

    2. with the above, a lot, especially lately feel that my views are somehow borderline

    its not, i am who i am, i have lived what ive lived, and i think what i think from my life experience. the same as everyone else.
    (I find it ironic i would be labelled as such, when so many other issues that would be synonimous with racist are absent from my thought process- the amount of diverses friends i have, especially in relation to my chosen proffession combined with the acts of 9/11, my overseas tours, "infidel" tatoo'ed on my body,one would think im geared toward such unrestricted "labelling" of certain groups of people with no regard to individual acts.. and yet i have a rather large amount of muslim friends..)

    I think racism is $#@!ing stupid.

    How i differ from ultimate though, is that voting falls under the racism category, in certain instances anyway. Ok, Romney lost, obama won. As they say in boxing, its in the histroy books now. We all agree changes need to be made, and some feel one guys way is better, others choose another. I feel history has shown what to expect from each, and its not the path I would like America to take.

    by defifnition though, my own anyway, is any action, or lack there of, soley decided upon by ones race, is, well, racism; w/o regard to whch race is acting.

    Where it starts to get a but more tricky, for me, is how/why it still exists.

    Igorant/dumb/$#@!in stupid people will always exist. hatred will always exist, nothing we can do about it, human condition.

    but as far as my own belief, is that a good portion of it is still present because people allow it toaggravate or energize or aggravate (cant find the perfect word right now)

    I realize that others views and experience vary greatly from my own, possibly justified, but it promotes the continued usage.

    now, terminology not worthy of being written or spoken, directed to any one of us is uncalled for, and should be dealt with. The manner in which it is dealt with, is what makes all the difference.

    Apparantly this varies greatly. I cant joke with some people the way i do with others. Rightly so, as some things I say to one person would get a good laugh, and encite rage in others. Im the same way, but just sparked by different terms. As a pure italian, some terms towards me, dego, wop, ginny, gumbah,greaseball, guine pig, provolone ect, are commonly used. They are funny to me, i laugh at it, because its soooo stupid. It holds no power over me, regardless of the person saying it, or the context of how its used.

    conversely, calling me "a $#@!ing scrub", in person, would get your jaw cracked, and every once of strength and ability i have would be directed to permanently disconnecting that persons neural proccessing..

    so i understand how one can be angry and violent by specific words. i just feel a lot of racial aggression can be filtered out through certain process's/effective communication/discussion/education
    unless i missed something this early in the AM we have the same view about racism and being agitated by certain words...i also have no problem saying whatever i say "behind someones back" to their face...most of the time i want to but they wont come near me so i can "correct them"...like i said....and i admit 100% to it...i have a bad temper, and yes i do have an anger problem that isnt borderline rage...it is rage...it is what it is....but for those who actually know me im pretty level headed.....all around nice guy....its just once i cross that line i dont come back, but back to the OT, racism is stupid, ive seen the N word used on this forum in the "er" term and ive seen it used through text....it makes my blood boil that people are that ignorant....just because you happen to run into a small group of a certain race that acts dumb you dont go throwing that word around....every race has a stupid group within it....likely the low income uneducated section....but you wont hear me calling them names....
    "We need to upgrade your skill before we upgrade your horsepower"

    -Tommy to Josh

  18. #43
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    13,426
    Rep Points
    58.0
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    ive always known you as the giant cudly bear Click here to enlarge and in the majority of my experience, the larger someone is, the more "cuddly" they are, probably due to the amount of damage and ease of which they can inflict Click here to enlarge

    (exceptions are out therre of oucrse)

  19. #44
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    3,272
    Rep Points
    1,583.2
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    16



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    ive always known you as the giant cudly bear Click here to enlarge and in the majority of my experience, the larger someone is, the more "cuddly" they are, probably due to the amount of damage and ease of which they can inflict Click here to enlarge

    (exceptions are out therre of oucrse)

    lol...that has to be the most umm....i dunno....lol....i wont repeat "cuddly" to describe myself as you did (that would be rather feminine)but rather say "friendly"..lol...you should play football with me....youll tell me i have bipolar disorder after you see me play...lol
    "We need to upgrade your skill before we upgrade your horsepower"

    -Tommy to Josh

  20. #45
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    102
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    in the majority of my experience, the larger someone is, the more "cuddly" they are, probably due to the amount of damage and ease of which they can inflict Click here to enlarge

    (exceptions are out therre of oucrse)
    I'd say this is fairly accurate on my account ( fairly because i'd rather an alternate like " friendly " as ultimate said lol ). I do feel it's come only due to maturity. I'm 6'6" 275 and I used to use that in a most unfortunate way. I'm sure growing up in the projects in Queens had something to do with it but, I learned to look a life a different way as I got older.

    I do think there's a difference between people that use racial slurs just to incite rage and/or be a penis in a specific instance and those that actually feel that way behind doors.

  21. #46
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    575
    Rep Points
    1,555.9
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    16


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Why would you think otherwise?



    A lot of the time, yes. I've seen it used for good too. Hate speech or not it all is protected and should be.
    True, all we can do is educate some sense into these people.
    Click here to enlarge

  22. #47
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    616
    Rep Points
    631.3
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    7


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by singletrack Click here to enlarge
    Arguing about politics is utterly useless. It does all sorts of horrible things - like ruin friendships. Most times, neither side is properly educated and both are being lied to by the media and politicians.

    Either get involved personally or financially or just shut up. Arguing with people that are ignorant is ignorant in and of itself.
    Never argue with an idiot, because they will always win with years of experience or bring you down to their level, LOL

  23. #48
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    4,600
    Rep Points
    3,236.6
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    33


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Racism goes both ways bro... Just because people don't vote for him because he's black is wrong, people that do vote for him because he is black is also, wrong.

    Some people live long, meaningful lives.

    Other people eat shit and die.

    I'm not racist, I hate everybody equally; especially fat people.


    Click here to enlarge

  24. #49
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    63
    Rep Points
    133.4
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    2


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    what kills me is you you know if you talk to some of these peole they would say "Im not racist. I have a friend that is black."

  25. #50
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    4,600
    Rep Points
    3,236.6
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    33


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sigma 3 Click here to enlarge
    what kills me is you you know if you talk to some of these peole they would say "Im not racist. I have a friend that is black."
    I am automatically guilty of being racist because I am not black, that in itself is racist.

    $#@! everybody.
    Some people live long, meaningful lives.

    Other people eat shit and die.

    I'm not racist, I hate everybody equally; especially fat people.


    Click here to enlarge

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •