Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Jake@Eurocharged.com Click here to enlarge
    We can write ya a race gas tune for the v4 for free. Just let us know. We haven't completed the write up for V4 but that is coming very shortly.

Hey bud, never saw anything? Was it text/email? Sorry if I missed something, been having a hell of a month.

thanks for the heads up sticky. Things personally have been hectic at best. Divorce/sold house/bought house and crashing with my brother with all my stuff in storage until next week when I can move in (this all happened within a 6 week period!)
    Sorry about the crap you're going through. That would explain the absence. I've tried calling the shop in TX and nobody has ever returned my calls so I've resorted to posting in the forums.

I'm not so worried about the race tune until next season. I was asking about getting the v3 tune since right now I am trying to troubleshoot the car and see why I'm not seeing the numbers I expect on my time slip from previous races. I wanted to see what the difference between the two versions were since I know another member on here had the v3 with MBH setup and the numbers he was putting out.

After re-applying the v4 tune it seems to have stuck and I can feel the difference and see a 4 mph increase on the time slip (115mph - 119mph). That was great to see and it shows how much power the Eurocharged tuned is providing, but the car smells like it is running too rich so I am going to Performance Autowerks on Saturday to do some dyno runs with AFR to see where it's at. It could be nothing nothing with the tune, but I just want to make sure since I previously had a CEL before re-applying the tune.

Depending on the results (anything below 450 rwhp) I am going to see if there is some way they can look for exhaust leak or intake manifold gasket leak. Here's a video of the sound coming from the engine. It's a high pitch whistling sound which I had never noticed before the CEL came on.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2109 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by HoozyerdaddyC63 Click here to enlarge
    I am going to Performance Autowerks on Saturday to do some dyno runs with AFR to see where it's at.
    With the AFR and dyno numbers we will have a much, much better idea as to what is going on.

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    115 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    With the AFR and dyno numbers we will have a much, much better idea as to what is going on.
    agreed....and thanks guys....

women suck....but then again you can always trade in for a younger model which tends to work out quite nice....
    Eurocharged Performance
    Tuner of the WORLDS FASTEST E55 - 10.46 @ 134.42
    Tuner of the WORLDS FASTEST C32 - 12.33 @ 115.08

Locations in Houston - Chicago - Boston - DC- Toronto - Hong Kong - South Africa
    Over 30 other dealer locations around the word

Sales@eurocharged.com

Over 7000 customers strong!

Proud tuning partners of Underground Racing!

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Jake,

The one in your sig would work nice.
    Click here to enlarge

I will quit being rude if you quit being stupid.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    HoozyerdaddyC63

Pull your dipstick up while the engine is running and see if the whistle goes away. If it does you will hear a larger air leak for a second. The crankcase ventilation valve is sticking most likely. The whistle is from too much crankcase vacuum.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    115 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ecampbell Click here to enlarge
    Jake,

The one in your sig would work nice.
    amazing how we think alike.... that's the current misses...
    Eurocharged Performance
    Tuner of the WORLDS FASTEST E55 - 10.46 @ 134.42
    Tuner of the WORLDS FASTEST C32 - 12.33 @ 115.08

Locations in Houston - Chicago - Boston - DC- Toronto - Hong Kong - South Africa
    Over 30 other dealer locations around the word

Sales@eurocharged.com

Over 7000 customers strong!

Proud tuning partners of Underground Racing!

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by whipplem104 Click here to enlarge
    HoozyerdaddyC63

Pull your dipstick up while the engine is running and see if the whistle goes away. If it does you will hear a larger air leak for a second. The crankcase ventilation valve is sticking most likely. The whistle is from too much crankcase vacuum.
    Thanks for the tip. I'll have to try that.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Well, it looks like I am going to hold off on the dyno test. I had the shop check for vacuum leaks and they found some. They don't know exactly where the leak is, but I'm bringing the car into the dealer to fix whatever it s under warranty.

Dave, at the shop, also pulled up a TSB regarding a whistling sound coming from the engine compartment. The is directly related to the crankcase so thank you @whipplem104 for the tip. I'll make sure to get the intake manifold checked for leaks too. Just in case. Click here to enlarge

Hopefully next week I can get the car on the Dyno here. It's a mustang Dyno so it's going to read low, but that's ok. I never got the car dyno'd when it was 100% stock so I won't be able to give the full picture of power from stock to tune to headers plus tune.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    HoozyerdaddyC63

i read the first couple of words and thought you guys were still talking about women... =P

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2109 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by HoozyerdaddyC63 Click here to enlarge
    Well, it looks like I am going to hold off on the dyno test. I had the shop check for vacuum leaks and they found some. They don't know exactly where the leak is, but I'm bringing the car into the dealer to fix whatever it s under warranty.

Dave, at the shop, also pulled up a TSB regarding a whistling sound coming from the engine compartment. The is directly related to the crankcase so thank you @whipplem104 for the tip. I'll make sure to get the intake manifold checked for leaks too. Just in case. Click here to enlarge

Hopefully next week I can get the car on the Dyno here. It's a mustang Dyno so it's going to read low, but that's ok. I never got the car dyno'd when it was 100% stock so I won't be able to give the full picture of power from stock to tune to headers plus tune.
    Well, glad you isolate the issue.

Good job on the suggestion @whipplem104

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    It turns out the TSB is for engine codes outside my range, but they found there to be a leaky intake manifold and several gaskets.

They are working on replacing all the bolts and gaskets. I hope to have the car back tomorrow. I have a feeling I am going to have a different beast on my hands once this leak is gone. Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2109 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    It turns out the TSB is for engine codes outside my range, but they found there to be a leaky intake manifold and several gaskets.

They are working on replacing all the bolts and gaskets. I hope to have the car back tomorrow. I have a feeling I am going to have a different beast on my hands once this leak is gone. Click here to enlarge
    Awesome Click here to enlarge Make sure you still get those graphs!!!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

Who was the last person to remove your intake manifold ? Those bolts are one time use fyi.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    LZH
    Those intake bolts get loose all the time from the factory. I have done a few under warranty.

Also, HoozyerdaddyC63, do not worry about the tsb. Just check whether it sounds like a giant air gulp if you pull the dipstick up while it is running and the whistle goes away. I have seen brand new pcv valves post the tsb do this.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LZH Click here to enlarge
    Who was the last person to remove your intake manifold ? Those bolts are one time use fyi.
    I don't know anybody who would have touched the intake manifold previously.

LZH
    Those intake bolts get loose all the time from the factory. I have done a few under warranty.

Also, HoozyerdaddyC63, do not worry about the tsb. Just check whether it sounds like a giant air gulp if you pull the dipstick up while it is running and the whistle goes away. I have seen brand new pcv valves post the tsb do this.
    It's out of my hands now, but when I get it back I will check to see if the same sounds are there. I specifically requested one of the best techs (Another AMG tech turned indy referred him) at the service center to work on my car so I am confident he will make sure everything runs well.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Car was running pretty well when I left the dealership. They replaced a couple seals, the intake manifold gaskets and the bolts all under warranty.

Not sure how much hp I was losing, but I can feel the difference before and after. It was enough to get the car spinning the wheels in 2nd gear when I wasn't trying. I wish there was another weekend left at the track. Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2109 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Why can't you hit the track again?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Why can't you hit the track again?
    Byron Dragway closed for the season last week. GLD up in Wisconsin might still be open if it doesn't snow, but we have snow in the forecast and I read on their site that they will close first snowfall. I might try the day after Thanksgiving.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2109 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Byron Dragway closed for the season last week. GLD up in Wisconsin might still be open if it doesn't snow, but we have snow in the forecast and I read on their site that they will close first snowfall. I might try the day after Thanksgiving.
    Bummer. You'd think they would let people get the cold air...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Bummer. You'd think they would let people get the cold air...
    All the more reason to build one here in socal Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2109 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LZH Click here to enlarge
    All the more reason to build one here in socal Click here to enlarge
    I'm exploring options...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

I'm exploring options...
    You know I'm in for that - keep me posted.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

I had the same whisteling noise due the intake air duct not being bolted correctly. It was a mess. we didnt know where it was coming from until we found out some of the air was passing below the airboxes loool.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12