Close

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by whoosh Click here to enlarge
    Regarding taxes, we should go to a flat tax for all individuals and corporations, with 0 loopholes or deductions. Reductions to the IRS budget would be a huge save, and economic growth in the private sector would be spurred greatly.
    Amen to that
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump

"The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I live in DC (Virginia side)... highly doubt Virginia will go red... a lot of suckers around here waiting for a handout and DC is incredibly liberal. Not saying Romney is solid either... don't get me wrong.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Yep...what do you do. Guess I will ride things out.

I got my votercard the other day, I totally forgot I signed up as a Democrat in senior year of HS...I didnt know $#@! about either party, so I picked blue cuse I like the color blue...lol

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    My FB friend ( true friend IRL ) shared this post on FB

I went to the page to reply as to not come off as a political jerk with my friend on his FB status

Click here to enlarge

Obama's stance
    http://$#@!upload.com/images/cehaw.png

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    637 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Obama has been "OK" but hoping for Romney to change things up a bit.

RE: taxes, as far as I know the president doesn't set tax policy. Congress does. But Romney's idea of limiting deductions to 25k is perfect. The progressive tax system as is I think is pretty fair it just needs to be cleaned up a bit and some of the lower income brackets lowered a bit with the money saved from limiting deductions. Cap gains/interest income taxes should probably go back up to 21%. Investors with capital will still take that all day long.

RE: Jobs, we need someone with slightly more isolationist views to smack some heavier tariffs on China, and help discourage big USA companies like Apple from manufacturing overseas.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    RE: taxes, as far as I know the president doesn't set tax policy. Congress does. But Romney's idea of limiting deductions to 25k is perfect. The progressive tax system as is I think is pretty fair it just needs to be cleaned up a bit and some of the lower income brackets lowered a bit with the money saved from limiting deductions. Cap gains/interest income taxes should probably go back up to 21%. Investors with capital will still take that all day long.

RE: Jobs, we need someone with slightly more isolationist views to smack some heavier tariffs on China, and help discourage big USA companies like Apple from manufacturing overseas.
    I don't have a perfect grasp of American political procedures but doesn't the pres. have the ability to nuke down legislation if he wants to? So if congress presented a tax plan he wasn't in favour of would it go through?

That said I agree 100% that cap. gains needs to go up. Reducing debt load should be a priority.. although the weakened dollar will help exports at the cost of a weakened standard of living and will also entice people to invest outside of the US.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    imo romney is a loose cannon, when he speaks its like did he just f$#^6 say that? I think he will put our country at risk. It may sound stupid but I think If you dont like Obama than don't vote for the other candidate just because. If I were in that pos i just wouldn't vote

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    There are things I find interesting in all these posts and so on... One is the Anger that folks have in general and that that associate it to one person or party without really laying blame across the board as it should be. The GOP is just as guilty as the Dems in all of this.

There's no magic fix to the economy anyone with some sense should already know this. But there are a host of items that can make immediate short term improvements and lead to long term benefits.

1. Taxes: Lets get rid of these insane loopholes for corps and individuals. In addition lets reward companies who use the US for their International HQ's and Manufactuer in the US. Lets lower the rates across the board... The funny concept is this however if we rid the loopholes and lower the rate most will pay the same or slightly more in taxes. Few will see a reduction, but psychologically it makes people feel better LOL.

2. Lets open up Oil drilling but only to those who use it. Sitting on these land leases and doing nothing is partially holding our oil costs hostage. Along with investing in coal, solar etc... We need multiple sources to be sustainable long term.

3. Look at who we're voting for in the Houses we need folks who can play together and get $#@! down. Hardliners no matter the party create gridlock and thats the chaos we have now.

4. Education: We're behind in grammer, many of these posts show that alone. We need to improve dramatically. Its a whatever it takes concept IMO this will create all kinds of opportunities.

5. Military: Our military needs to be more than powerful, its needs to be agile and technologically superior. The threats have changed and protecting the US includes the Net now. We need the military to handle security and we need to take care of them when they return from combat and/or retire. Its the very least we can do.

6. Entitlements: Gotta rework SS & Medicare no way around the obvious.

7. Smaller Govt: Romney's idea to consolidate overlapping agencies that do the same thing. Its easier said than done but holds merit. We need smarter more agile govt no party has yet to deliver that.

The broad issue I see with people towards Obama is that they embrace these insane stances on who or what he is etc... There's a clear bias againts Dems and failure to acknowledge the GOP's rather massive failures over the last 4yrs. You cant govern by saying no to everything nor by saying yes to everything. Compromise is needed...

Romney scares the hell out of me. Why? He cant stand on one position and maintain it. He cant fully detail his plans, goals or views. He has a general plan and its a nice sounding plan till you dig deeper. His business experience could well be valuable to the US economy & govt but what else can he offer. Folks talk about this concept of Obama doing this apology tour and weakening the US. Allowing this to be true then if Romney cant stand on one position nationally how does that play internationally? How will our allies and more importantly our enemies view that? Obama has made it clear via action that he wont tolerate any BS from the terrorist. Did the govt fumble on Libya, absolutely but overall I think this admin has been good on terror.

China is another example... Here's a country thats technologically more advancee, educationally more advanced and more disciplined as a culture. They hold a $#@! load of our debt (accumulated over Presidents from both parties) and are a strategic trade parter to the US. Romney wants to say they are a currency manipulator, which I have no issue with. But then what? If he wants to keep saying build jobs and manufacturing along with exports. Well marking them hurts exports? So whats the key, Romney is a smart business man and I cant see him doing that. He knows the consequences of that action. But its great political speak and so guess what he's doing.

My problem is I cant overlook the obvious with Romney and its the massive corp contributions, the lack of a stance (which for me is your backbone) and the feeling that he wont do more for the country. Beyond that I feel he wont be strong internationally for the US. Obama aint perfect but I know what he has done and/or tried to do for the country. Anyway my last 2 cents on the issue, I'm voting for Obama cant trust Romney to get it done. No matter your view make sure you vote for someone
    We stay swingin...
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2085 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by scott_uw Click here to enlarge
    I don't have a perfect grasp of American political procedures but doesn't the pres. have the ability to nuke down legislation if he wants to? So if congress presented a tax plan he wasn't in favour of would it go through?
    He can Veto but that can also be overridden by congress.

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2085 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sledgehammer Click here to enlarge
    There's no magic fix to the economy anyone with some sense should already know this.
    Actually there is. Cut spending so you don't have to borrow so much that in order to pay it off you have to debase your currency to the extreme. Magic solution right there.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2085 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    foot in mouth edit

taco time!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by three35iguy Click here to enlarge
    imo romney is a loose cannon, when he speaks its like did he just f$#^6 say that? I think he will put our country at risk. It may sound stupid but I think If you dont like Obama than don't vote for the other candidate just because. If I were in that pos i just wouldn't vote
    I would have to agree with this. Mitt is all over the place. He has changed his stance on so many issues, it’s ridiculous. I know all politicians lie, but Mitt takes the cake.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Square&Level Click here to enlarge
    I would have to agree with this. Mitt is all over the place. He has changed his stance on so many issues, it’s ridiculous. I know all politicians lie, but Mitt takes the cake.
    Lol and Obama dousn't take the cake? Where is this promised "Change" and "Hope" bull$#@! he said he would bring in 2008? He hasn't done anything at all! Now he is saying "Foward?" With what? Moving more jobs to China and adding to our debt? No thanks

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by E90Company Click here to enlarge
    Lol and Obama dousn't take the cake? Where is this promised "Change" and "Hope" bull$#@! he said he would bring in 2008? He hasn't done anything at all! Now he is saying "Foward?" With what? Moving more jobs to China and adding to our debt? No thanks
    Failing to bring your promises to reality is not the same as changing a position whenever it suits you best. I think alot of people can rightfully say Obama failed on his promises. However, to say he " hasn't done anything at all " these past 4 yrs is a bit ignorant.

I found it comical ( because he had no chance in winning but, valiant effort to say the least ) that Bill Still tried to run for president. Which brings me to my next topic....

Does anyone have any comments concerning our money as related to these vids ( For those who've watched the Zeitgeist trilogy, this is nothing new ) ?

And ...

It seems from these vids ( and Bill Still's work ) our monetary issues need to be addressed before anything truly beneficial can be instituted. Does anyone have any contention against such a point ?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

I thought this was pretty funny when I saw it. What are the chances this is exactly how it plays out ?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Q4P Click here to enlarge
    I live in DC (Virginia side)... highly doubt Virginia will go red... a lot of suckers around here waiting for a handout and DC is incredibly liberal. Not saying Romney is solid either... don't get me wrong.
    That's a very polarized area in VA that's a known Liberal stronghold, so you're def not getting a fair perspective of the politics in the rest of the state
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by scott_uw Click here to enlarge
    He's got the right to Veto legislation & send it back to Congress. With an increased majority, Congress can override the President's veto & pass the original proposed legislation.
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump

"The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Here is an interesting interview with Ken Langone a co-founder of Home Depot and the direction he thinks are country is headed.

http://video.ca.msn.com/watch/video/...h9fxauvw?from=
    2012 CTS V - Sedan - 6AT

Stage 1 Mods:
    - 2.5 upper pulley, Ported snout/throttle body, Fluidyne HX, Airaid CAI w/green filter, ID850 injectors

Stage 2 Mods:
    - American Racing Headers w/X-pipe, 9.1 Lower Pulley, Tune Time Custom Cam, Moroso Dual Catch Cans, Zl1 Lid, Norcal Tank

Stage 3 Mods:
    - LSA ported/polished heads, 4.5" G-Force intake, Nick Williams 102mm T-body, 8.6 Lower Pulley

12.18 @ 118.98 - STOCK
    10.87 @ 127.02 - STAGE 1
    10.53 @ 131.31 - STAGE 2
    10.47 @ 133.20 - STAGE 3

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2085 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by PetroC63 Click here to enlarge
    Here is an interesting interview with Ken Langone a co-founder of Home Depot and the direction he thinks are country is headed.

http://video.ca.msn.com/watch/video/...h9fxauvw?from=
    That was really good, I like him.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    That was really good, I like him.
    He started as a laborer digging ditches on the Long Island Expressway.

I respect anyone who started from nothing and busted their ass to make it to the 1%.

"The American Dream" at it's finest.
    2012 CTS V - Sedan - 6AT

Stage 1 Mods:
    - 2.5 upper pulley, Ported snout/throttle body, Fluidyne HX, Airaid CAI w/green filter, ID850 injectors

Stage 2 Mods:
    - American Racing Headers w/X-pipe, 9.1 Lower Pulley, Tune Time Custom Cam, Moroso Dual Catch Cans, Zl1 Lid, Norcal Tank

Stage 3 Mods:
    - LSA ported/polished heads, 4.5" G-Force intake, Nick Williams 102mm T-body, 8.6 Lower Pulley

12.18 @ 118.98 - STOCK
    10.87 @ 127.02 - STAGE 1
    10.53 @ 131.31 - STAGE 2
    10.47 @ 133.20 - STAGE 3

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2085 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by PetroC63 Click here to enlarge
    He started as a laborer digging ditches on the Long Island Expressway.

I respect anyone who started from nothing and busted their ass to make it to the 1%.

"The American Dream" at it's finest.
    Agreed.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2085 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Looks like Florida is heading to Obama... not good.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2085 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Look like Obama has New Mexico and Ohio. If Romney were to get all the other states that Obama is not guaranteed then a 269-269 tie could result. Romney is dominating the popular vote though.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    What's the current status? I can't follow from here.

BTW, my aggression originates from people that want A, but blindly follow group B without regard to history or previous actions, and won't consider changing their "affiliation" due to some unknown allegiance that they can't/won't quantify.

If you can pinpoint and argue your stance that differs from mine, its all good, but the blind $#@! us what aggravates

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Looks like Florida is heading to Obama... not good.
    Way too early to call, but I still say Obama will win.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast