Close

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 80
  1. #51
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    120,356
    Rep Points
    32,764.6
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    328


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by jdub679 Click here to enlarge
    He has not. But I feel the burden of proof needs to be on the contender.
    I feel it needs to be on the pretender as well.

    Should be equal, he had his four years.
    Chrome Space Bar Issue: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...338#post738338


    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  2. #52
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Irvine, CA
    Posts
    27
    Rep Points
    93.3
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    The contender should come up with a better option/vision. If it's not a better option, we have no real other option than to elect the incumbent, even if it's not the "best." We really do have to choose the best of the worst.
    JB Stage 2 ISO, BMW Performance Exhaust, M3 front control arms, RPI scoops, CDV delete

  3. #53
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    120,356
    Rep Points
    32,764.6
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    328


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by jdub679 Click here to enlarge
    The contender should come up with a better option/vision.
    It's not perfect but I think he has.
    Chrome Space Bar Issue: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...338#post738338


    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  4. #54
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Irvine, CA
    Posts
    27
    Rep Points
    93.3
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    He's definitely getting there. Guess I'm just not digging his attitude, which is not necessarily a reflection of his policies.
    JB Stage 2 ISO, BMW Performance Exhaust, M3 front control arms, RPI scoops, CDV delete

  5. #55
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    120,356
    Rep Points
    32,764.6
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    328


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Am I the only one bothered by this two candidate bull$#@!?
    Chrome Space Bar Issue: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...338#post738338


    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  6. #56
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    13,426
    Rep Points
    58.0
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by jdub679 Click here to enlarge
    watching this debate makes me think Romney is pushy, impatient, and willing to step on little guys to get his point across. Poor Lehrer.
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by jdub679 Click here to enlarge
    He has not. But I feel the burden of proof needs to be on the contender.

    isnt that a bit contradicting?

  7. #57
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Irvine, CA
    Posts
    27
    Rep Points
    93.3
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Nope. One is my personal opinion about the candidate. The other is my opinion about the election process.
    JB Stage 2 ISO, BMW Performance Exhaust, M3 front control arms, RPI scoops, CDV delete

  8. #58
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    13,426
    Rep Points
    58.0
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by jdub679 Click here to enlarge
    Nope. One is my personal opinion about the candidate. The other is my opinion about the election process.

    again, contradicting

  9. #59
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,923
    Rep Points
    1,825.9
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    19


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Not looking good for the socialist.
    John 3:16


  10. #60
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Irvine, CA
    Posts
    27
    Rep Points
    93.3
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    again, contradicting
    lol, ok. If you can't see that what I listed are two different things, I can't convince you that they are.
    JB Stage 2 ISO, BMW Performance Exhaust, M3 front control arms, RPI scoops, CDV delete

  11. #61
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    13,426
    Rep Points
    58.0
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by jdub679 Click here to enlarge
    lol, ok. If you can't see that what I listed are two different things, I can't convince you that they are.
    you sure can! do you play sports of any kind? if so, what?

  12. #62
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    804
    Rep Points
    641.4
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    7


    Yes Reputation No
    As my man on nasioc.com, BOFslime, once said:

    "This is pointless."

  13. #63
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Jerzee
    Posts
    2,306
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    I feel it needs to be on the pretender as well.

    Should be equal, he had his four years.
    Obama like him or not IS the President... That being said any contender needs to show & prove why they would be better for the job. My contention is that the person sitting in the job merely needs to show why the other person is not better. People blindly want Obama out of office so badly that they will take whatever Romney is selling them. This is not the guy they wanted he bought his way to the nomination in many regards and should he win buyers remorse will settle in very quickly.
    We stay swingin...
    Click here to enlarge

  14. #64
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    13,426
    Rep Points
    58.0
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    i dont agree with some that.

    Yes, the contender needs to be on the attack, thats how you take from the current holder.

    But in a challenge like this, history, if you were successful, all you need to do is restate your record, Obamacare, some like, other dont, has good and bad, is the only thing he did. and that he did w/o bipartisan aggreement.. WHich lends to everything else, if he got that through, what stoped the rest?

    next, who is out of touch with whom? From what I heard Romney is much more in tune with my beliefs, my concerns and my wants and needs, than the current guy telling me openly he wants big government and needs 8 years to do what he said he would do in 4.

    Still, just talking financials here..

    In fact, all a

  15. #65
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    9400' ASL, Colorado
    Posts
    886
    Rep Points
    1,301.6
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    14


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    The debates should include all of the candidates who have their name on the ballots in enough states to win the election. That would include the Green and Libertarian candidates this year. The debate format and participants are all controlled by a panel which is made up by democrats and republicans, who obviously have no interest in other views aside from their shades of grey differences on the major issues.

    We need someone to go in there and drastically reduce the size and scope of power within the Federal govt, and neither of these clowns will do it. Ron Paul was the only legitimate candidate for making real change happen, and the GOP took a big smelly dump on him and his supporters.

    The winner of the first debate: Goldman Sachs. The winner of the second debate, focused on foreign policy: Isreal.
    Current: '00 S2000
    Previous: '15 M235i xDrive | '15 Macan S | '15 WRX STi | '06 Cayman S | '12 E92 335is w/JB4 | '10 STi

  16. #66
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    13,426
    Rep Points
    58.0
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by whoosh Click here to enlarge
    Ron Paul was the only legitimate candidate for making real change happen,
    yup

  17. #67
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Jerzee
    Posts
    2,306
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    i dont agree with some that.

    Yes, the contender needs to be on the attack, thats how you take from the current holder.

    But in a challenge like this, history, if you were successful, all you need to do is restate your record, Obamacare, some like, other dont, has good and bad, is the only thing he did. and that he did w/o bipartisan aggreement.. WHich lends to everything else, if he got that through, what stoped the rest?

    next, who is out of touch with whom? From what I heard Romney is much more in tune with my beliefs, my concerns and my wants and needs, than the current guy telling me openly he wants big government and needs 8 years to do what he said he would do in 4.

    Still, just talking financials here..

    In fact, all a
    Here's what I would say Obama cant be a failure when

    A. The GOP didnt allow his initiatives to pass and allow them a chance to fail. Frankly they couldnt risk that, if they worked they would look even crazier and would certainly take a L this election.
    B. They flat out refused to compromise at all more often than not.

    See I still cant overlook the obvious which is the GOP's inaction, they didnt govern. They held their breath like spoiled kids when they didnt get what they wanted and when that didnt work they just went saying no. Thats bull$#@! and thats not governing, now all of a sudden they want to govern. So now they are selling some mystery meat that nobody has clue what it is or where it came from. Bigger still after holding to its guns and true idealogical conservative core in their objection to everything Obama they nominated a insanely moderate Romney. Who last go around they hated with a passion. I laugh at the hypocrisy of it all...
    We stay swingin...
    Click here to enlarge

  18. #68
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    804
    Rep Points
    641.4
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    7


    Yes Reputation No
    Sledge - your new animated sig makes it 100% impossible to concentrate.

    Thank you.

  19. #69
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    13,426
    Rep Points
    58.0
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sledgehammer Click here to enlarge
    Here's what I would say Obama cant be a failure when A. The GOP didnt allow his initiatives to pass and allow them a chance to fail. Frankly they couldnt risk that, if they worked they would look even crazier and would certainly take a L this election. B. They flat out refused to compromise at all more often than not. See I still cant overlook the obvious which is the GOP's inaction, they didnt govern. They held their breath like spoiled kids when they didnt get what they wanted and when that didnt work they just went saying no. Thats bull$#@! and thats not governing, now all of a sudden they want to govern. So now they are selling some mystery meat that nobody has clue what it is or where it came from. Bigger still after holding to its guns and true idealogical conservative core in their objection to everything Obama they nominated a insanely moderate Romney. Who last go around they hated with a passion. I laugh at the hypocrisy of it all...
    I'm having trouble digging up what they blocked, can u assist me?

  20. #70
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    120,356
    Rep Points
    32,764.6
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    328


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    I'm having trouble digging up what they blocked, can u assist me?
    They didn't block Obamacare.
    Chrome Space Bar Issue: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...338#post738338


    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  21. #71
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    13,426
    Rep Points
    58.0
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    http://m.yahoo.com/w/legobpengine/ne...lang=en-USThat one tells me yes, they blocked it, a few days after democrats blocked it. Who says we can't work together http://www.cnn.com/2012/07/19/politi...index.htmlThis one here says they blocked, but on the fact they want to amens certain hot issuesOn a generalizes basis, reading the first few sentences, iwas about to concede and agree. But as I dug further, I realized what I thought, they wanted a give and take. They liked somerhings and not others. So, what they wanted to do, was work togetherNow, ill keep searching, but for right now, the implication that only one side wasn't willing to comprise, would be falsec

  22. #72
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    13,426
    Rep Points
    58.0
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Sorry for grammar and punctuation, I'm at the track Click here to enlarge

  23. #73
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Jerzee
    Posts
    2,306
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    People will see what they want to see... The GOP has not been on the ball and they have not gotten much of anything done that really helps the economy. As I said the blind rage of the GOP has led them to not govern fully and to elect a Moderate who flies against the core of the so called conservative values.
    We stay swingin...
    Click here to enlarge

  24. #74
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    13,426
    Rep Points
    58.0
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    im gonna keep digging, but if the dems offered a variation of the 1st, catering to some of the 2nd, and repubs blocked it again, then ill agree with you. If it was "my way or no way" and no revised plan was ever put forth by dems, then ill cotinue on my course unchanged

  25. #75
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Miami, FL
    Posts
    337
    Rep Points
    443.0
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    5


    2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    There have been both Democratic and Republican presidents and Congresses over the past several decades and, in my opinion, both sides are to blame for the economic and debt issues we face today. You don't get to over $16 Trillion in debt under just one side. I think the real problem is "career politicians." They are supposed to be serving the public, but they are only helping themselves. These people do not do what is in the best interest for the country, but rather, for the large interest groups which support their re-election campaigns.

    Combine that with an increasingly "dumber" public, the growing majority of which just seem to want everything given to them and have no concept of hard work, and it is a recipe for disaster.
    Last edited by GetSomeE92; 10-11-2012 at 05:53 PM. Reason: Grammar

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •