Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 26 to 46 of 46

Thread: Renntech W204 C63 Black Series M156 dynojet tune and baseline results - + ~15-19 wheel horsepower

              
  1. #26
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Naperville, IL
    Posts
    2,789
    Rep Points
    256.9
    Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    3


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Look, I think we should keep somewhat of an open mind and not just speak in absolutes here.

    As I said, the tuners themselves will chime in. They know these motors and the limits better than us. So arguing won't get us anywhere let's get to the bottom of this.
    No, I am going to speak absolutes here, I have been tuning my BS since even before Renntech tuned one, I have been on these boards for 5 years I have read nearly every post with people posting baseline and modded dyno figures, in five years nobody has come close to 434 whp on a bone stock baseline pull on ANY M156/M159(excluding SLS), hell not even a bone stock SL which makes 15 more hp in stock form than a C BS does ever made over 430 whp. It bull$#@! their dyno is $#@!ed.


    1000+WHP WEISTEC 2008 CLK63 Black Series
    790WHP WEISTEC 2012 C63 Black Series
    725WHP WEISTEC 2014 SLS Black Series

  2. #27
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    105,302
    Rep Points
    25,728.6
    Mentioned
    1673 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    258


    Reputation: Yes | No

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by JRCART Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    OMG I $#@!ing give up.....better stay away from the dispenceries my friend, I think they are starting to affect you.
    Heh ok I've never been inside one but that's fine.

    Look, here is the new M5 dyno'd: http://www.bimmerboost.com/content.p...mpeltely-stock

    Do you really think the drivetrain loss is 6% for a dual clutch transmission? Because if you want to base it off the crank figures it's the wrong way to do it.

    Regardless, let's not argue and let the tuners chime in and go from there.

  3. #28
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    105,302
    Rep Points
    25,728.6
    Mentioned
    1673 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    258


    Reputation: Yes | No

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by JRCART Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    No, I am going to speak absolutes here, I have been tuning my BS since even before Renntech tuned one, I have been on these boards for 5 years I have read nearly every post with people posting baseline and modded dyno figures, in five years noone has come close to 434 whp on a bone stock baseline pull, hell not even a bone stock SL which makes 15 more hp in stock form than a C BS does ever made over 430 whp. It bull$#@! their dyno is $#@!ed.
    You are certainly entitled to your opinion. I'm just saying let's wait and see what they say.

  4. #29
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    150
    Rep Points
    122.9
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    2


    Reputation: Yes | No
    I agree with JRcart. I'm not discrediting Renntech. They are very legit. I also happen to be a huge fan of Renntech and their products. The numbers they are posting are indeed high for both stock and tune only. Why are they using STD correction ?

    One other thing @Sticky, the velos BS dynosheet you posted is showing 422 RWHP in STD correction, which will automatically be about -10 or -15 HP in SAE correction, which would equal about 410-405 RWHP. I just don't see how Renntech are making 20-25hp more on their dyno in stock form.

    Sometimes dynos are nort calibrated correctly and the fans blow too much air which all account for the dififfrence in the numbers.

    If they used the standarised SAE correction and standarised air flow, I don't think they would get 430 to the wheels on a stock BS

  5. #30
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    150
    Rep Points
    122.9
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    2


    Reputation: Yes | No
    I agree with JRcart. I'm not discrediting Renntech. They are very legit. I also happen to be a huge fan of Renntech and their products. The numbers they are posting are indeed high for both stock and tune only. Why are they using STD correction ?

    One other thing @Sticky, the velos BS dynosheet you posted is showing 422 RWHP in STD correction, which will automatically be about -10 or -15 HP in SAE correction, which would equal about 410-405 RWHP. I just don't see how Renntech are making 20-25hp more on their dyno in stock form.

    Sometimes dynos are nort calibrated correctly and the fans blow too much air which all account for the dififfrence in the numbers.

    If they used the standarised SAE correction and standarised air flow, I don't think they would get 430 to the wheels on a stock BS

  6. #31
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Naperville, IL
    Posts
    2,789
    Rep Points
    256.9
    Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    3


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You are certainly entitled to your opinion. I'm just saying let's wait and see what they say.
    ...ya, lets see what they say, I am getting ready to jump in my hauler and drive it to Dallas for the Bears/Cowboys Monday Night game, I would be happy to hitch up my trailer and load up my C BS and drag it down to Renntech's dyno in FL late next week to prove my point. Based on this thread my car should make 434-435 on their dyno, if it does when then know their dyno is whack because my car was just dynoed 3 weeks ago at a $#@! hair under 422. Their dyno is reading crazy high numbers which is misleading. 15 hp gain is a 15 hp gain, but caliming peak numbers for a "tune only" that rival numbers for similar cars with tune, LT's and intake mods.


    1000+WHP WEISTEC 2008 CLK63 Black Series
    790WHP WEISTEC 2012 C63 Black Series
    725WHP WEISTEC 2014 SLS Black Series

  7. #32
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Naperville, IL
    Posts
    2,789
    Rep Points
    256.9
    Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    3


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Fast Lane Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I agree with JRcart. I'm not discrediting Renntech. They are very legit. I also happen to be a huge fan of Renntech and their products. The numbers they are posting are indeed high for both stock and tune only. Why are they using STD correction ?

    One other thing @Sticky , the velos BS dynosheet you posted is showing 422 RWHP in STD correction, which will automatically be about -10 or -15 HP in SAE correction, which would equal about 410-405 RWHP. I just don't see how Renntech are making 20-25hp more on their dyno in stock form.

    Sometimes dynos are nort calibrated correctly and the fans blow too much air which all account for the dififfrence in the numbers.

    If they used the standarised SAE correction and standarised air flow, I don't think they would get 430 to the wheels on a stock BS
    Fianlly someone with some brains and common sense. Thank you!


    1000+WHP WEISTEC 2008 CLK63 Black Series
    790WHP WEISTEC 2012 C63 Black Series
    725WHP WEISTEC 2014 SLS Black Series

  8. #33
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Las Vegas, NV
    Posts
    39
    Rep Points
    37.8
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Fast Lane Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I agree with JRcart. I'm not discrediting Renntech. They are very legit. I also happen to be a huge fan of Renntech and their products. The numbers they are posting are indeed high for both stock and tune only. Why are they using STD correction ?

    One other thing @Sticky , the velos BS dynosheet you posted is showing 422 RWHP in STD correction, which will automatically be about -10 or -15 HP in SAE correction, which would equal about 410-405 RWHP. I just don't see how Renntech are making 20-25hp more on their dyno in stock form.

    Sometimes dynos are nort calibrated correctly and the fans blow too much air which all account for the dififfrence in the numbers.

    If they used the standarised SAE correction and standarised air flow, I don't think they would get 430 to the wheels on a stock BS
    Agreed.

    There are plenty of ways to skew the dyno numbers in addition to calibration and correction factor. Dyno brand, weather conditions, and even tire pressure can all tweak things.

    It's very hard to compare dynos from one car to the other, what you can compare is the gains.

  9. #34
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    105,302
    Rep Points
    25,728.6
    Mentioned
    1673 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    258


    Reputation: Yes | No

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Fast Lane Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I agree with JRcart. I'm not discrediting Renntech. They are very legit. I also happen to be a huge fan of Renntech and their products. The numbers they are posting are indeed high for both stock and tune only. Why are they using STD correction ?

    One other thing @Sticky , the velos BS dynosheet you posted is showing 422 RWHP in STD correction, which will automatically be about -10 or -15 HP in SAE correction, which would equal about 410-405 RWHP. I just don't see how Renntech are making 20-25hp more on their dyno in stock form.

    Sometimes dynos are nort calibrated correctly and the fans blow too much air which all account for the dififfrence in the numbers.

    If they used the standarised SAE correction and standarised air flow, I don't think they would get 430 to the wheels on a stock BS
    I'm not sure if you took the time to actually read through the entire post as they posted BOTH ​SAE and STD numbers which I made sure to mention and point out specifically.

    People making comments without even reading through the OP and looking at the graphs then coming to premature conclusions is not fair.

  10. #35
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    105,302
    Rep Points
    25,728.6
    Mentioned
    1673 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    258


    Reputation: Yes | No

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by JRCART Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Fianlly someone with some brains and common sense. Thank you!
    You're praising a guy who missed the obvious... come on now let's not just blindly agree.

  11. #36
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    105,302
    Rep Points
    25,728.6
    Mentioned
    1673 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    258


    Reputation: Yes | No

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by JRCART Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I would be happy to hitch up my trailer and load up my C BS and drag it down to Renntech's dyno in FL late next week to prove my point.
    I'm sure they have nothing to hide and wouldn't mind but that would be really out of the way for you.

  12. #37
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    105,302
    Rep Points
    25,728.6
    Mentioned
    1673 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    258


    Reputation: Yes | No

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ArthurJGuy Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It's very hard to compare dynos from one car to the other, what you can compare is the gains.
    In that case the delta looks spot on.

  13. #38
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    150
    Rep Points
    122.9
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    2


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm not sure if you took the time to actually read through the entire post as they posted BOTH ​SAE and STD numbers which I made sure to mention and point out specifically.

    People making comments without even reading through the OP and looking at the graphs then coming to premature conclusions is not fair.
    No sir you are wrong, I did take the time and read through the Entire post. I saw both SAE and STD graphs. And I still ask the same question. Why are they posting a graph with STD correction?

  14. #39
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    105,302
    Rep Points
    25,728.6
    Mentioned
    1673 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    258


    Reputation: Yes | No

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Fast Lane Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    No sir you are wrong, I did take the time and read through the Entire post. I saw both SAE and STD graphs. And I still ask the same question. Why are they posting a graph with STD correction?
    Because if you read through the ENTIRE post you would see a link to another tuner who tuned the C63 BS and they posted their graph in STD correction. You said "if they used SAE", which they did, so I don't know what your issue is with the graphs. They included both.

  15. #40
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    150
    Rep Points
    122.9
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    2


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Because if you read through the ENTIRE post you would see a link to another tuner who tuned the C63 BS and they posted their graph in STD correction. You said "if they used SAE", which they did, so I don't know what your issue is with the graphs. They included both.
    Again I did read through the entire post you made (which is not the issue)

    Here is my post:
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Fast Lane Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I agree with JRcart. I'm not discrediting Renntech. They are very legit. I also happen to be a huge fan of Renntech and their products. The numbers they are posting are indeed high for both stock and tune only. Why are they using STD correction ?

    One other thing @Sticky , the velos BS dynosheet you posted is showing 422 RWHP in STD correction, which will automatically be about -10 or -15 HP in SAE correction, which would equal about 410-405 RWHP. I just don't see how Renntech are making 20-25hp more on their dyno in stock form.

    Sometimes dynos are nort calibrated correctly and the fans blow too much air which all account for the dififfrence in the numbers.

    If they used the standarised SAE correction and standarised air flow, I don't think they would get 430 to the wheels on a stock BS
    In the bold selections, I was comparing Renntech's SAE values with Velos values.

    Your not sticking to the obvious point, which is Renntech' base and post tune only SAE values are higher than normal

    I'm not trying to give you a hard time. I just think you misunderstood my post

  16. #41
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    105,302
    Rep Points
    25,728.6
    Mentioned
    1673 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    258


    Reputation: Yes | No

    You said if they used standardized SAE correction which they did I'm not sure how I'm misunderstanding you here. Additionally, Velos used STD so Renntech provided both. I don't see where the misunderstanding is arising from. I mean how is it it not standardized airflow or correction? Nobody ever had a problem with a Renntech SAE graph until suddenly now? What, today they decide to show a high baseline for some reason?Don't both the Velos and Renntech graphs when tuned correlate? So how is the Renntech dyno purposefully reading high and to what purpose?

  17. #42
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Naperville, IL
    Posts
    2,789
    Rep Points
    256.9
    Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    3


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Facts are facts, they ain't no stock C63 BS on the planet putting down 434 to the wheels, dyno must be broken.....PERIOD! Sticky, you can post all the graphs SAE or STD you want, I can read the entire post til I am blue in the face but it's not going to change the fact that an honest 434 to the wheels out of a bone ass stock C63 BS is impossible.


    1000+WHP WEISTEC 2008 CLK63 Black Series
    790WHP WEISTEC 2012 C63 Black Series
    725WHP WEISTEC 2014 SLS Black Series

  18. #43
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    PNW
    Posts
    139
    Rep Points
    288.2
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    3


    Reputation: Yes | No
    LOL...you guys arguing over dynos and what appears to be about 15-20 whp. I've seen a stock '10 P31 C63 dyno 425 whp on a well known and reliable dynojet. SAE. MB obviously underrated the P31, many others have dyno'd about that whp. I don't see why it's so hard to believe a C63 BS could put down 434 whp. Doesn't it have a slightly different block design anyhow?

  19. #44
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    105,302
    Rep Points
    25,728.6
    Mentioned
    1673 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    258


    Reputation: Yes | No

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Even Money Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    LOL...you guys arguing over dynos and what appears to be about 15-20 whp. I've seen a stock '10 P31 C63 dyno 425 whp on a well known and reliable dynojet. SAE. MB obviously underrated the P31, many others have dyno'd about that whp. I don't see why it's so hard to believe a C63 BS could put down 434 whp. Doesn't it have a slightly different block design anyhow?
    I know they are arguing over a percentage that can be attributed to dyno variance, weather, and break in. I've seen M3's vary by 40 whp with their baselines.

  20. #45
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    105,302
    Rep Points
    25,728.6
    Mentioned
    1673 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    258


    Reputation: Yes | No

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by JRCART Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Facts are facts, they ain't no stock C63 BS on the planet putting down 434 to the wheels, dyno must be broken.....PERIOD! Sticky, you can post all the graphs SAE or STD you want, I can read the entire post til I am blue in the face but it's not going to change the fact that an honest 434 to the wheels out of a bone ass stock C63 BS is impossible.
    What facts? There are no facts posted to refute the fact the C63 dyno'd what it did.

    Honestly feel however you want about it, I'm not about to say Renntech is lying or inflating numbers for no reason as they never have and have no reason to. A higher baseline number also doesn't help them so it just makes no sense.

  21. #46
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    105,302
    Rep Points
    25,728.6
    Mentioned
    1673 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    258


    Reputation: Yes | No

    I have a good amount of CLK Black Series and C63 Black Series dynojet run files in my inbox to sort through so we should have some more data to work with shortly to hopefully understand this topic a bit better.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •