Close

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by JRCART Click here to enlarge
    Hmmm...and I always thought Lysholm supplied Weistec with their blower units, but what do I know? This D bag didn't do much research or he would have figured that out, it's been out there as public knowledge and duscussed on several forums in numerous threads for over a year now. Click here to enlarge

Leave to some know it all douchebag to come out of the woodwork and be an "expert". Hey Arthur, happy tuning.....LMFAO!

Here you go Dick Tracy http://www.lysholm.us/superchargers.php

That's awesome and all.

Except Lyshom stopped supplying Whipple with head units several years ago when Whipple started building them in house.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)

0 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ArthurJGuy Click here to enlarge
    That's awesome and all.

Except Lyshom stopped supplying Whipple with head units several years ago when Whipple started building them in house.
    Exactly.......but they are still supplying Weistec.
    Click here to enlarge

1000+WHP WEISTEC 2008 CLK63 Black Series
    790WHP WEISTEC 2012 C63 Black Series
    725WHP WEISTEC 2014 SLS Black Series

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I've got a few magazine articles under my belt as well, a couple TV shows features as well, you ever make the cover and a 5 page spread or just a paragraph and a tiny photo?

Attachment 21298
    The difference between me and you is that I want to talk shop and know more about the product in the OP. You are here waving your e-peen around. There is only one reply in all of two pages that addresses the blower at hand, every single other one is attacking me.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    The difference between me and you is that I want to talk shop and know more about the product in the OP. You are here waving your e-peen around. There is only one reply in all of two pages that addresses the blower at hand, every single other one is attacking me.
    Your the one who decided to come to us with the attitude and figured we would be as impressed with you as your are with yourself...what did you expect?
    Click here to enlarge

I will quit being rude if you quit being stupid.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    That's awesome and all.

Serious question, how do you think you are going to be able to tune the AMG?
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ecampbell Click here to enlarge
    Serious question, how do you think you are going to be able to tune the AMG?
    I don't recall saying that I had planned on tuning the AMG myself?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Arthur, you are fighting a losing battle on this forum. I suggest you go to another forum where you can start again but this time, try a little softer approach.

Maybe one of your chevy guys can figure things out for you.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    You're the one calling it a Whipple, that's like me calling a Mercedes a BMW becuase it's German. I posted a link right to Lysholms twin-screw page, how was that not helpful?
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    You're the one calling it a Whipple, that's like me calling a Mercedes a BMW becuase it's German. I posted a link right to Lysholms twin-screw page, how was that not helpful?
    Lyshom used to make the head units that Whipple bought and stuck their name on.

Lysholm and Whipple had a falling out and parted ways, they do not do business together anymore.

Lsyholm partnered with Eaton and now manufacturers the TVS rotors for them as well as the new Vortech VTS series.

Whipple makes every part in house, I have personally seen the manufacturing center and talked to Art Whipple. They aren't Lyshom parts branded Whipple, they are Whipple parts branded Whipple.

The link that you posted to Lysholm's page doesn't even have the sizes offered by Weistec.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Why? Because there is never ever enough power.
    .....because there is never enough traction!
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Lyshom used to make the head units that Whipple bought and stuck their name on.

Lysholm and Whipple had a falling out and parted ways, they do not do business together anymore.

Lsyholm partnered with Eaton and now manufacturers the TVS rotors for them as well as the new Vortech VTS series.

Whipple makes every part in house, I have personally seen the manufacturing center and talked to Art Whipple. They aren't Lyshom parts branded Whipple, they are Whipple parts branded Whipple.

The link that you posted to Lysholm's page doesn't even have the sizes offered by Weistec.
    I am pretty certain that Weistec uses Lysholm built components, pretty sure I read it in a post straight from the horses mouth, if I was more interested in proving you wrong I would do some research and post a link. If they are not using Lysholm components then I must have dreamed it or something. Considering ecampbell and I both worked with Weistec in helping them develop both their 2.3 Stage 1 plus, Stage 2 as well as both run the Wesitec 3.0L Stage 3 prototype blowers on our cars I think we might have just a little bit more inside knowledge than some peckerwood who spends his days on the LS2 forums....just sayin
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Your the one who decided to come to us with the attitude and figured we would be as impressed with you as your are with yourself...what did you expect?
    This is what I've attempted to convey.
    Chrome Space Bar Issue: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...338#post738338

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I am pretty certain that Weistec uses Lysholm built components, pretty sure I read it in a post straight from the horses mouth, if I was more interested in proving you wrong I would do some research and post a link. If they are not using Lysholm components then I must have dreamed it or something. Considering ecampbell and I both worked with Weistec in helping them develop both their 2.3 Stage 1 plus, Stage 2 as well as both run the Wesitec 3.0L Stage 3 prototype blowers on our cars I think we might have just a little bit more inside knowledge than some peckerwood who spends his days on the LS2 forums....just sayin
    Jim there are some technical developments and changes with the blowers you might not be aware of, you might want to speak to Wesitec direct as I'm not going to say anything.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Arthur, are you sure your name is not Andy?
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

0 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    You speak to Art Whipple - again you are so impressed with yourself it is astounding. Are you able to get your head through a single door or do you only go through double doors.

Would you like me to name drop? I bet my car my list is longer and a lot more impressive than yours.

LOL - JR I was thinking the exact same thing but than I thought no, that is the tuner.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Once again, I'm not saying these things to fluff my ego, I'm saying them in my defense from the constant attack here.

I'm not trying to compete with who has done what, I give congratulations to everyone for their success.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Once again, I'm not saying these things to fluff my ego, I'm saying them in my defense from the constant attack here.

I'm not trying to compete with who has done what, I give congratulations to everyone for their success.
    It's great that you have some forced induction V8 experience, ok?

But you brought any attacks upon yourself due to how you entered the discussion. I mean what did you expect? Just to barge in and start demanding answers then expecting everyone to bow in worship because you supercharged a GM V8?

Take some personal responsibility here. Enough with the attacks from all sides if you want a technical discussion let's have one then.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Jim there are some technical developments and changes with the blowers you might not be aware of, you might want to speak to Wesitec direct as I'm not going to say anything.
    Wow, news to me, serve me up a big portion of crow. The truth is I don't care who makes the blower components, IMO Weistec is the only part of the name equation that matters to me. This guy butts in here acting as if Wesitec is offering an inferior product that is flawed and has much room for improvement. Anyone that has followed M156 aftermarket development should know that Weistec has had a steady flow of superior product offering hit the market on a regualr basis for nealry the past two years, not to mention CARB approval and the first aftermarket blower upgrade for the famed 5.5 M113 powerplant. This DBag does not even own a car with an M156 in it yet and he is already famialr with it's weaknesses, flaws and tuning capabiliites???? I have spent hundreds of thousands of my own money trying to squeeze power out of this powerplant since 2007 not to mention the hundreds of thousands or probably millions that Weistec has spent test and R&Ding and this guy thinks he's just going to pick one up and tinker arouns with it and produce some miricle outcome? have at it bro, hope you pockets are deep LOL.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    But you brought any attacks upon yourself due to how you entered the discussion. I mean what did you expect? Just to barge in and start demanding answers then expecting everyone to bow in worship because you supercharged a GM V8?
    Not at all.

I apologize if I came off that way, I don't feel as though I came in saying look at all the cool $#@! that I have done and saying everyone was stupid or anything of the like. I came in asking questions, I hadn't even mentioned my past right off.

Enough with the attacks from all sides if you want a technical discussion let's have one then.
    Excellent, perhaps this time we can get it going.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Is this the PencilGeek of the MB forums?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I'm sure Weistec is exstatic knowing one of their suppliers is divulging confidential information regarding one of it's customers to some Dbag off the street.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Cart, did the tundra get fixed from the little bit of damage you did to it several months ago?
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Wow, news to me, serve me up a big portion of crow. The truth is I don't care who makes the blower components, IMO Weistec is the only part of the name equation that matters to me. This guy butts in here acting as if Wesitec is offering an inferior product that is flawed and has much room for improvement. Anyone that has followed M156 aftermarket development should know that Weistec has had a steady flow of superior product offering hit the market on a regualr basis for nealry the past two years, not to mention CARB approval and the first aftermarket blower upgrade for the famed 5.5 M113 powerplant. This DBag does not even own a car with an M156 in it yet and he is already famialr with it's weaknesses, flaws and tuning capabiliites???? I have spent hundreds of thousands of my own money trying to squeeze power out of this powerplant since 2007 not to mention the hundreds of thousands or probably millions that Weistec has spent test and R&Ding and this guy thinks he's just going to pick one up and tinker arouns with it and produce some miricle outcome? have at it bro, hope you pockets are deep LOL.
    I have never doubted Weistec's product, in fact I gave it praise saying that it used a quality head unit and that Whipple was my favorite bar none. My very first post was not doubting the kit, it was asking for compressor maps so that I could decide which one to buy for my goals.

Let's call a spade a spade though, the R&D is NOT in the head unit. It's in the application of the head unit to the particular platform. The wheel was not reinvented here, there is no magical wizardy in the supercharger itself.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I have never doubted Weistec's product, in fact I gave it praise saying that it used a quality head unit and that Whipple was my favorite bar none. My very first post was not doubting the kit, it was asking for compressor maps so that I could decide which one to buy for my goals.

Let's call a spade a spade though, the R&D is NOT in the head unit. It's in the application of the head unit to the particular platform. The wheel was not reinvented here, there is no magical wizardy in the supercharger itself.
    Exactly, the blower unit was the easy part, try tuning the ECU /TCU for it and let me know how that goes for you. It's taken years and dozens of tuners world wide to crack these MB ECU's and god foresaken TCU's. If you think you're going to just plug your laptop in and start keying away you're nuts. It has taken Weistec YEARS to get this far. They were the first to offer a FI M156 option, a couple of thier competitors(Xtra) have brough blowers to market that are nearly twice the price with FAR less performace. A few of their competitors even purchase Weistec systems and put their own name on the system.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Cart, did the tundra get fixed from the little bit of damage you did to it several months ago?
    Tundra??? You mean the SVT Raptor?
    Click here to enlarge

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast