Close

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    Are the stg1 and stg 2 #'s with or w/o exhaust mods?
    The mods are listed in the graph.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sorena Click here to enlarge
    The mods are listed in the graph.
    not exactly. I had to doublecheck in the "overview"

stg 1 has no requirments, but im just asking for clarification.
    stg 2 requires high flow exhaust.

i was curious as some tuners require and other suggest. but curious if the actual dyno graphs had exhausts with them. I dint see the overview portion until after, so thank you

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ecampbell Click here to enlarge
    Bilal, what specifically are you asking? As far as the SC goes, depending upon the HP levels you desire, the 2.3 is maxed out and you need to move to a larger setup.
    i thought that the m156 cant take more boost in stock form and the 2.3 have more than enough boost for the engine ...guess i was wrong !!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2054 Post(s)

Do you have plans for centrifugal blowers?
    They don't and from my experience with centrifugals as well as the twin screw on this motor I'd take the power delivery of the twin screw all day every day.

The centrifugal will make less torque down low which definitely helps transmission longevity but where is the fun in that?
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2054 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bilal Click here to enlarge
    i thought that the m156 cant take more boost in stock form and the 2.3 have more than enough boost for the engine ...guess i was wrong !!
    You could probably blow the motor with the 2.3 if you're wondering but the whole point is moving the compressor out of its efficiency range. It's like pushing a centrifugal or turbo too far, diminishing returns and other potential problems. More power potential with less heat is what you want.
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2054 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Weistec Click here to enlarge
    We are happy to answer any questions you may have. Our Stage 2 system which utilizes the 2.3L compressor is right in its efficiency range at that power level (about 670-675HP at the crank) when installed on an M156 engine. In testing we have made much more than this with the 2.3L (closer to 800HP at the crank on even a stock engine) but we were completely out of the compressors efficiency and reliability would go downhill if we were to sell that. In essence, we maxed The 2.3L compressor out. Instead we designed the new 3.0L Stage 3 system which easily makes the same power, but with much cooler air charge temperatures, less boost, and much less struggle. Please let us know how we can assist.

Weistec Engineering
    This is what I figured, thanks for the clarification.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    175 Post(s)

0 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    It is a incorrect to say a centrifugal supercharger will make more up top horsepower. The fastest cars in the world run positive displacement superchargers. It is much easier to gain size and increase CFM while fitting a system under the hood. As an example, the physical size difference between a Vortech S-trim and a Vortech T-trim is virtually identical yet the T-trim will flow a lot higher. Now compare physical size of our 2.3L and 3.0L system. Hope this helps.

Weistec Engineering
    Click here to enlarge
    World's First Supercharged M156 6.3L

CONNECT WITH US
    www.Weistec.com
    Sales@Weistec.com

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    If you are concerned about the drivetrain the PD supercharger can be tamed to have progressive boost and/or boost by gear. I built one such setup previously.

I disagree with the statement about the fastest cars in the world being PD cars. There is no PD blower on the market that can compare with the F series from Procharger. The F ranges from 2,700 CFM to to 4,000 CFM (excluding the F1 which is a big ass D series) while a 4.0L Whipple only flows 2,500 CFM, a roots PD blower would be far far less.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    175 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ArthurJGuy Click here to enlarge
    If you are concerned about the drivetrain the PD supercharger can be tamed to have progressive boost and/or boost by gear. I built one such setup previously.

I disagree with the statement about the fastest cars in the world being PD cars. There is no PD blower on the market that can compare with the F series from Procharger. The F ranges from 2,700 CFM to to 4,000 CFM (excluding the F1 which is a big ass D series) while a 4.0L Whipple only flows 2,500 CFM, a roots PD blower would be far far less.
    Please do some more research before posting on our threads, and do yourself a favor and look up top fuel drag racing when you get a second to see what kind of supercharger they use. Thanks.

Weistec Engineering
    Click here to enlarge
    World's First Supercharged M156 6.3L

CONNECT WITH US
    www.Weistec.com
    Sales@Weistec.com

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Please let me know when you start stocking Top Fuel superchargers.

As my post said, on the market. Meaning people can actually buy it and bolt it onto their vehicle.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2054 Post(s)

Please let me know when you start stocking Top Fuel superchargers.

As my post said, on the market. Meaning people can actually buy it and bolt it onto their vehicle.
    If you want to debate centrifugal versus positive displacement do it in another thread on that topic.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I'm a fan of the positive displacement, I had no plans to debate one vs the other only to refute a comment previously posted that is factually not accurate in terms of turn key systems.

My initial intent was to offer some insight for the person that was concerned about their drivetrain.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2054 Post(s)

My initial intent was to offer some insight for the person that was concerned about their drivetrain.
    That person doesn't even have an M156 and brought up an off topic post that has nothing to do with this product release.

Secondly, Weistec has driveline upgrades available for those seriously concerned.

Also, the fastest accelerating cars do have positive displacement superchargers. I personally run a centrifugal and it pushes quite a bit of CFM. Also easier to tune for and package. There are merits to both approaches with pluses and minuses.

As far as "turn key" systems, which it may be more accurate to say blowers used for the street, it would be interesting to compare the max CFM for some of the popular centrifugal and twin screw blowers but we can do that in another thread so this one can get back on topic.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    The centrifugal will make less torque down low which definitely helps transmission longevity but where is the fun in that?
    Joe you are over looking the majority of the people who buy sc kits. Not all are Ecampbell or JRcart. Not all turn their cars into drag monsters.

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Weistec Click here to enlarge
    Please do some more research before posting on our threads, and do yourself a favor and look up top fuel drag racing when you get a second to see what kind of supercharger they use. Thanks.

Weistec Engineering
    OK that's rude. A guy tried to help another person in a thread about your kits. That doesn't downgrade your products or hurt your credibility. Click here to enlarge

I apologize for taking this into OT.

Thanks for your respond. I'm familiar with such setup. Audi's 3.0l SC'd motor does the same job.

And i agree with you on the CFM part. No positive displacement can match CFM of a big centri. Centrifugal gives you a worse power band but with higher pick numbers and that's why KB or whipple'd Mustangs are faster than Vortech or Procharged ones in quarter mile. But racing isn't limited to drag strips Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)

Sorena,

The new user in his very first post says he builds SC setups and mentions a different system in the same post which leads me to believe he is from a company that produces a different SC and I suspect this is why Weistec was short with him.
    Click here to enlarge

I will quit being rude if you quit being stupid.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2054 Post(s)

Joe you are over looking the majority of the people who buy sc kits. Not all are Ecampbell or JRcart. Not all turn their cars into drag monsters.
    Uh... you aren't even buying this product or in the market. Not to mention the trans worked fine for up to a Stage 2 plus. Have you experienced the car? Have you seen it perform on the strip? I have. You are making design decisions from across the globe when you haven't developed a supercharger for any 63 AMG vehicle.

If you want a centrifugal go get one. They have their pluses and minuses as stated already but this isn't a centrifugal versus positive displacement debate and I have no idea why you are bringing it up. Discuss it in a thread that isn't a Weistec product release as it's rude and disrespectful.

As of today, Weistec has the most comprehensive offering for the M156 and nobody else is even close. You might think you know better... but you don't.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)

Uh... you aren't even buying this product or in the market.
    So i shouldn't ask questions or state my opinion?
    Not to mention the trans worked fine for up to a Stage 2 plus. Have you experienced the car?
    With a centri they would work better. Do you really want to tell me a centri isn't better for drivetrain or internals? You know better than me that with a centri they can make even more rwhp without building trans. What's wrong with having more power without building trans?
    You are making design decisions from across the globe when you haven't developed a supercharger for any 63 AMG vehicle.
    I haven't so as you.
    But it isn't a rocket science to predict a centri's influences on M156, or is it? M156 is an engine just like S52, Modular V8 and LS3.
    Discuss it in a thread that isn't a Weistec product release as it's rude and disrespectful
    I don't see how i'm rude. I just asked if they had plans for a centri kit and you came and started you don't know we know game. I wasn't rude by any means.
    As of today, Weistec has the most comprehensive offering for the M156 and nobody else is even close. You might think you know better... but you don't.
    I don't know why you bring this everytime i mention centrifugal option for M156. NOBODY IS SAYING IT WEISTEC PRODUCTS AREN'T GREAT. at least not me. I love what they did and do so don't think that i'm trying to disrespect them. Look at post #32. If they had any problems with my post, they would respond differently. But you make it look like i tried to downgrade their products and bring your famous i know you don't know thing.

My last post in this thread. Feel free to delete, move or anything you want. @Weistec i apologize again.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2054 Post(s)

So i shouldn't ask questions or state my opinion?
    Go ahead and state your opinion but asking for a centrifugal when you aren't in the market does not make too much sense.

With a centri they would work better. Do you really want to tell me a centri isn't better for drivetrain or internals? You know better than me that with a centri they can make even more rwhp without building trans. What's wrong with having more power without building trans?
    Work better is a bit erroneous. Will a centri produce less torque down low? Yes. And?

You only need to worry about the drivetrain once going past a certain power level at which point driveline upgrades are available. Even with a centri you can reach this point as well.

Nothing is wrong with more peak power (which comes with a sacrifice for torque down low and power under the curve) but they aren't doing a centrifugal so mentioning it when they are discussing the products they do develop is a bit rude and in poor taste.

You create a product and I tell you to develop a different product in your announcement, you don't see the problem?

I don't see how i'm rude.
    I just explained it to you.

My last post in this thread.
    Ok, good, you can discuss centrifugal M156 motors in a thread on that topic.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

For the record, no company or shop here. Just one guy in a 2 car garage. I'm a forced induction nerd and I know it (especially positive displacement superchargers) inside and out and have optimized them so well that I have made a 1.9L headunit perform BETTER than a 2.3L headunit in some applications.

I suspect the reason that Weistec was short with me is that I have asked for technical data on their headunits a few times over on MBWorld and gotten nothing so he assumes that I am a troll, which I am not. I get the impression that the majority of people do not look for technical info on products around here, could be wrong though. I'm not the type to fork over the cash without fully knowing what I am buying, especially with the price tag attached to this kit.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2054 Post(s)

I get the impression that the majority of people do not look for technical info on products around here, could be wrong though.
    You are very, very wrong.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

You are very, very wrong.
    Then I would love to see the technical data on the two head units in the OP. Dyno numbers are not technical data.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2054 Post(s)

Then I would love to see the technical data on the two head units in the OP. Dyno numbers are not technical data.
    Whether Weistec chooses to disclose this is up to them.

Business decisions a single tuner decides to make are not reflective of technical discussion as a whole on this network of forums. Additionally, being a new member and basically demanding info likely won't get you the warmest response.

I suggest before coming to premature conclusions or expect having demands satisfied you spend some time acclimating to the environment.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)

For the record, no company or shop here. Just one guy in a 2 car garage. I'm a forced induction nerd and I know it (especially positive displacement superchargers) inside and out and have optimized them so well that I have made a 1.9L headunit perform BETTER than a 2.3L headunit in some applications.

I suspect the reason that Weistec was short with me is that I have asked for technical data on their headunits a few times over on MBWorld and gotten nothing so he assumes that I am a troll, which I am not. I get the impression that the majority of people do not look for technical info on products around here, could be wrong though. I'm not the type to fork over the cash without fully knowing what I am buying, especially with the price tag attached to this kit.
    So using this analogy you would want me to explain all tax pronouncements in the various jurisdictions before you would have me look after your international tax planning? Or perhaps you would wish to speak to the actuary as to how he/she came up with mortality tables before buying a product through their company? What a supplier chooses to share with a person who has just walked off the street is likely going to be more limited than a customer who is in the market.

No offence but to me you have come onto this forum and your first post comes across as argumentative so I don't really know why you would think Weistec would share anything with you.
    Click here to enlarge

I will quit being rude if you quit being stupid.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ecampbell Click here to enlarge
    So using this analogy you would want me to explain all tax pronouncements in the various jurisdictions before you would have me look after your international tax planning? Or perhaps you would wish to speak to the actuary as to how he/she came up with mortality tables before buying a product through their company? What a supplier chooses to share with a person who has just walked off the street is likely going to be more limited than a customer who is in the market.

No offence but to me you have come onto this forum and your first post comes across as argumentative so I don't really know why you would think Weistec would share anything with you.
    The local electronics store tells me the difference between two TV's of the same manufacturer. The local dealership tells me the difference between the C and E class and it's not just "one is bigger". I don't see why that's such an odd request from a prospective buyer. Wouldn't you want your customer to be educated so that he/she could make a proper decision?

It's not like this is top secret info either, anyone that owns one of these can get that data fairly easily.

Most all major supercharger manufacturers have this data publicly and EVERY turbo manufacturer does.

http://whipplesuperchargers.com/product.asp?ProdID=1162
    http://www.eaton.com/Eaton/ProductsS...ers/PCT_221787
    etc
    Last edited by ArthurJGuy; 09-26-2012 at 03:56 PM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2054 Post(s)

The local electronics store tells me the difference between two TV's of the same manufacturer. The local dealership tells me the difference between the C and E class and it's not just "one is bigger". I don't see why that's such an odd request from a prospective buyer.
    It's not an odd question and they haven't responded but the point is they don't have to reveal all details.

Yes, it's easy to get compressor details.

The thing is they may not want to reveal details that compromise their advantage. It's up to them to decide. The dealer doesn't have to tell you what they pay their employees, their margins, how many cars they ordered, what the guy just before you paid, etc., even though this may help you make a better decision.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast