Close

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sledgehammer Click here to enlarge
    The real $#@!s are us and the idiots we elected to the two houses to govern. The President (whoever it may be) gets stuck with their collective BS.
    good point

to the rest, your pretty on point too..., except 4 years has gone by, and bush is out/been out, O is in/been in, and things have gotten worse. He said in 08, if it aint fixed, he doesnt deserve a 2nd term, i think we should help him keep at least one promise Click here to enlarge

but of course, economics is only one of my 2 priorities Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

0 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by benzy89 Click here to enlarge
    Since Obama has taken Office:
    -Just under 5.5 Trillion Dollars have been added to the National Debt (bringing it to just over $16 trillion)
    -Unemployment has officially been over 8% for 43 months in a row
    -Unemployment has "dropped" to 8.1%, but this only because the amount of people seeking employment has decreased (discouraged workers)
    -Real Unemployment is closer to 11%. If the labor participation rate was the same as when Obama took office, unemployment is 11.2%. If we use a 30 year average of 65.8% labor participation, unemployment goes up to 11.7%.
    -Manufacturing lost 15,000 for the month of August, due primarily to auto manufacturers who both laid off and recalled fewer workers this summer
    -GM still owes 2/3 of the money borrowed ($30 billion of the $50 loaned)
    -58% of the jobs created have been low-income jobs (earning less than $14 an hr)
    -Currently 77% of Americans are living paycheck to paycheck
    -Employment numbers for June & July were downgraded a combined 41,000 jobs after they were initially released

So yes, you're boring inaccurate facts did bore me. Meanwhile, my facts that strictly highlight was has occurred & can be directly associated with the Obama Administration's policies, illustrate how badly this president has failed me.

And do us all a favor, you (a liberal I presume) citing the NY Times is like me (a conservative) citing Fox News -- it's a fallback source because you have nothing left. What's even more humorous about your NYT article is that it blames Bush, but I'll let you in on a secret, GW isn't running for President Click here to enlarge So I really don't give 2 flying $#@!s what happened under his administration & if Obama wasn't prepared to inherit whatever GW left, he shouldn't of pursued the job (EVERY president inherits their predecessors mess, it comes with the job).

Right now the only 2 people on the ticket are named Obama & Romney, and if we look at both of their records (one who has been President the past 4 years & has nearly destroyed the US economy & international reputation, the other a former Governor of a liberal state where he balanced a budget without raising taxes), I'll take my chances with the "new guy".
    Nothing I cited was inaccurate. If you feel it was, please point it out and correct me rather than just spouting off your own numbers and figures you pulled from the internet...perhaps Fox ?? LOL...and the fact that you would even compare Fox and their lack of journalistic integrity to the NYT is laughable and only goes to show how uninformed you are. You clearly feel strongly about it, and hate Obama for not doing anything LOL. Well, you better get used to four more years of being pissed cause I guarantee you Romney is not getting elected.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

I'm still waiting on Romney and his specifics on what he wants and plans to do... As for Romney's 47% he really should do some checking as 18% of those he mentions are the elderly, people making under $20K annually and 1% are Millionaires who pay nothing. Roughly 53% of Americans pay income tax. The issue here is cleaning up the tax code and getting rid of some the garbage in there.

I find it amusing that some want to blame Obama for blaming Bush who is factually responsible for a large chunk of this mess we are in. My bigger amusement was that folks expect some sort of miracle not one person on either side of the isle has a magic wand to make this $#@! go away. Bigger still if they think they do they damn sure are not working together to make it happen. The real $#@!s are us and the idiots we elected to the two houses to govern. The President (whoever it may be) gets stuck with their collective BS. You cant acknowledge that you think Obama is weak and not acknowledge Bush and the $#@! storm he created. If you're acknowledging those two then one needs to recognize our houses and their collective inability to do something simple like compromise. I could genuinely give a $#@! what party you like or dont like when neither side is governing effectively. I see the GOP as the worse of the two since they just keep saying no to $#@!, find a compromise. Nobody gets everything they want every time they want it. I think Romney is useless I think Obama is stiffled by the houses and I think once this is all over the majorities in the houses will shift. Thus starting this $#@! all over again as has been the case historically. Find me some folks who can compromise and find a path and that will impress the hell out of me.

But I go back to my point here and its simple. Romney needs to get damn specific, folks want and should hear what he plans to do on all fronts. He hasnt done that and anyone claiming he has prior to THIS week took the Red Pill. Rant over... I'll say nothing else now.
    Good points. Two months before an election and the only thing he is running on is Obama's bad rap...rather than telling us what he plans to do to make things better - what a joke.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

Haha I got neg'd for posting facts, whoever it was take that $#@! back to E90Post

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LZH[/URL
    329922]Nothing I cited was inaccurate. If you feel it was, please point it out and correct me rather than just spouting off your own numbers and figures you pulled from the internet...perhaps Fox ??

http://www.infowars.com/the-real-une...re-being-told/

Independent news source (not NYT, not Fox which BOTH have a board of directors to answer to, who only care about $$$$). Ironically enough, the article connects to the article you had posted. What you cited wasn't wrong, but public sector jobs which you highlighted (specifically in education) come out of the taxpayers jobs, which unfortunately do not increase the strength of the economy (which is why when anyone intelligent cites a jobs added statistic, they ALWAYS refer to the private sector).
    Last edited by benzy89; 09-18-2012 at 07:35 PM.
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump

"The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LZH Click here to enlarge
    Good points. Two months before an election and the only thing he is running on is Obama's bad rap...rather than telling us what he plans to do to make things better - what a joke.
    reverse that, 2 months before an election and he still has yet to show what hes done to improve the live of Americans that want to work..

oh, and attack the REPub side trying to divide and create class warfare

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Gotta love the irony of a forum of people who can afford to spend thousands of dollars to mod their "expensive" vehicles reference how bad the economy is. I guess Im the only one with a 401k and investments who is reaping the benefits of the Dow sitting well over 13k at the time of my post.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2066 Post(s)

Percentage wise he might be getting taxed less, he's prob paying some retarded amount of $$$$ when you actually look at the specific amount
    Exactly.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2066 Post(s)

If were true I would see the point its rather off base... I get the point he should have made which is the Dems have a core base as do the GOP that vote the partyline no matter what. He needs to articulate that point with better detail, more accuracy and then maybe it gets traction.
    If he was presenting this point in public instead of being recorded in private don't you think he would have articulated it differently?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2066 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Deadwrong Click here to enlarge
    Gotta love the irony of a forum of people who can afford to spend thousands of dollars to mod their "expensive" vehicles reference how bad the economy is. I guess Im the only one with a 401k and investments who is reaping the benefits of the Dow sitting well over 13k at the time of my post.
    What one can or can not spend themselves does not reflect the state of the economy as a whole. Your point is invalid.

You enjoy where the Dow is sitting and I'll be here when it crashes it again and you can tell me all about it reaping the benefits.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)

I disagree, I think Romney will beat Obama by having better policy, a better platform & credible data that illustrates the Obama Administration has only made things worse, but Barack Obama has an ace in the hole: a blind, cult following that will vote for him no matter how much he $#@!s up this country.

The 2 biggest problems with Romney are:
    1. Effective communication with the voter electorate
    2. He's not the voting blocks' #1 choice (we all wanted someone else)
    I agree, I supported Herman Cain and Newt Gingrich early on, Mitt was never high on my list during the primaries but he gets 100% support from me between now and November.
    Click here to enlarge

1000+WHP WEISTEC 2008 CLK63 Black Series
    790WHP WEISTEC 2012 C63 Black Series
    725WHP WEISTEC 2014 SLS Black Series

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2066 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by JRCART Click here to enlarge
    I supported Herman Cain
    Why in the world?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)

Well I guess you just started contributing to your 401k in the last 16 months, I have a couple hundred thousand sitting in a 401k that is still worth slightlyl less than what it was worth 5 years ago. Not sure what school of investing you graduated from but to be at even or slightly less than even after five years is a major loss considering the old rule of 7....investments should double in value in 7-8 years. Not this decade or as long as Obummer is in office scaring the $#@! out of business owners and investors alike.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No

"The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

The Romney pays no income tax, only cap gains. So he is talking about himself. He is also talking about retirees who live off social security and maybe a pension, ala my 80 year old parents, who are looking for nothing from the government. The government stole SSI funds to the point that they now can't pay the interest on the BS paper they issued for the theft and now want to change the program for more robbery? F him!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2066 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by yage202 Click here to enlarge
    The Romney pays no income tax, only cap gains. So he is talking about himself. He is also talking about retirees who live off social security and maybe a pension, ala my 80 year old parents, who are looking for nothing from the government. The government stole SSI funds to the point that they now can't pay the interest on the BS paper they issued for the theft and now want to change the program for more robbery? F him!
    The whole government stealing funds and BS paper happened under Obama.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by yage202 Click here to enlarge
    The Romney pays no income tax, only cap gains.
    That was because of a law created during the Clinton Administration (NOT a Republican, just a womanizing Democrat). That's also because that's how Romney chooses to make his living, which there is nothing wrong with. I mean, if I could live of my capital gains revenue, there's NO SHOT I'd be doing a 9-5

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)

That was because of a law created during the Clinton Administration (NOT a Republican, just a womanizing Democrat). That's also because that's how Romney chooses to make his living, which there is nothing wrong with. I mean, if I could live of my capital gains revenue, there's NO SHOT I'd be doing a 9-5
    I like you man, you know your $#@! but I gave up arguing with the liberal idiots years ago, they have an answer/excuse for everything. You can hit them with a book of factual information a mile long and they still won't beleive it. I sometimes think Liberals still think the world is flat LOL. They are going to be blaming Bush forever. I think if a Dem gets elected 16 years from now he/she will still be blaming Bush LOL
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

I would have repped you for that Sig, if it would have let me, two thunbs up.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

@JRCART thanks, we'll keep it a secret but I'm actually a 23 yr old, recent college grad working on the campaignClick here to enlarge I have nothing against the Democrat Party, it's politicians and nothing against Obama as a person, but I have everything against the way he's been "leading" (I use that word lightly because "destroying" would actually be a more accurate description of what he's been doing).

The fact that more than 50% of young voters (18-24) are underemployed and/or unemployed (which is 16% for this age frame) is disgusting. Also as a car enthusiasts, I'm not exactly gungho for organizations like the EPA which are not only killing jobs, by trying to eliminate things I love (like v8 sports cars).

But that's just my Click here to enlarge combined with a bunch of facts

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

lol, you guys ever watch these:

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Werd.....
    Never thought I would see the day...
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    Life is so much more fun with a nemesis. I miss Shiv. Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    What one can or can not spend themselves does not reflect the state of the economy as a whole. Your point is invalid.

You enjoy where the Dow is sitting and I'll be here when it crashes it again and you can tell me all about it reaping the benefits.
    To be honest....that is what stop loss orders are for.
    Never thought I would see the day...
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    Life is so much more fun with a nemesis. I miss Shiv. Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)

I need to get to investing or something for my retirement...im 30 with no shot in hell at the moment LOL

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

My point had nothing to do with Obamama. I was addressing the comments Romney made about the 47% that pay no income tax. Every time one of these discussions comes up, the discussion turns to what about whoever, rather then the topic at at hand. Stupid ass comments Romney made. By now you seen the analyses about the working poor, retired folks, tax avoiders, etc that make up the 47%, none of whom are freeloaders waiting for the government to give them something. I don't begrudge how Romney earns hie keep. Don't care, but he shouldn't begrudge other Americans in their struggles to make it in the country. F Romney!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

so what topic would you like to talk about?
    unemployment, taxes, job creation, green energy, the assault on embassy's and murder of amercians throughout the world on the memorial of 9/11, healthcare, foreign relations with our allies, Irans nuclear weapon projects, the defict, the budget plan?

I mean.. really, the POTUS.. IS THE CURRENT POTUS.. and $#@! aint right, going right, or looking like its gonna go right on this path..

An intelligent person would say, "ya know what, $#@! it! If we dump O now, at least it wont get any worse.." and then they would still be inteligent.. AND do the right thing if they are a true American and believe in the Constitution.. And if they dont believe in the C, then eat $#@! and $#@! off, Canada's not far north, Mexicos's pretty nice, and if you dont like those options, get yourself a shotgun and use the toe trigger..cause you dont belong here

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast